Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Must Be The "Going Green" Episode..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Must Be The "Going Green" Episode..

Not sure if anyone noticed.. like we could miss it.. but Sci Fi has been pushing this environmental stuff for a couple of weeks now. The logo on the screen is green right now and they are doing all the little Ads during commercial breaks talking about going green.

I dont have a problem with it, matter of fact its kinda cool. I noticed that this weeks Ghost Hunters had a small segment @ the start where they mentioned something about a "green" dishwasher and I bet a lot of other shows had a "green" theme.

Do you guys find it kinda cool and ironic that this episode was aired during this Sci Fi "going green" week? I wonder if the entire purpose wasnt just to forward Keller and McKay but to help share knowledge about the environment. That would account for some of the special appearances in the show, Bill Nye for example. Kinda helps get some extra names when they are doing it for a bigger purpose.. and the money helps too..
    sigpic
    I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
    "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
    Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

It's part of Universal's green week.
    http://www.greenisuniversal.com/about.php
    Verdammt durch das Fleisch.
    Gerettet durch das Blut.

Comment

It was written with a Green theme in mind. Joe mentioned it in his blog during his remnants breakdown.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Nadji View Post
        It was written with a Green theme in mind. Joe mentioned it in his blog during his remnants breakdown.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Eh, I missed that one.. either way it was a very cool thing to tie this all together with other shows as well..
        sigpic

Comment

Did you notice at the end, Rodney's little "We all need to do our part to end global warming". Definitely green week.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
            Did you notice at the end, Rodney's little "We all need to do our part to end global warming". Definitely green week.
            It didn't bother me at all that the episode was green-themed up until that line, which just echoes of the usual self-righteous propaganda statements that seem to be constantly rammed down our throats these days.

I think they could've done the episode's green-theme justice without that line at the end, which was just forced in to appease the green crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
              It didn't bother me at all that the episode was green-themed up until that line, which just echoes of the usual self-righteous propaganda statements that seem to be constantly rammed down our throats these days.

I think they could've done the episode's green-theme justice without that line at the end, which was just forced in to appease the green crowd.
              Well to me it was kinda clear thats what they were doing because several other shows.. even the "reality" series were giving us little injections of the green treatment this week
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                That line just seemed forced and cheesy. It was good episode otherwise.
                sigpic

Comment

Ugh...the GW crap was nauseating...

Let's make sure history never forgets the name....Enterprise

Comment

The moral of this episode: trying to solve global warming will create a problem that's 100 times worse so we shouldn't try to fix it at all.

Comment

I think it was a good idea. Even the we all have to do our part thing.

And the fact that it got messed up just showed us really that one person can't solve the problem on his/her own and emphasized that we all need to work together to solve the problem. *nod nod* My own personal opinion of course.
                      sigpic

Comment

Even though I realized it was Green Week, they did a good job getting the theme in there without making it huge. They just said "we should all do our part" and talked about cooling the planet. I can stomach that.

You think that is bad? Go watch the other NBC shows. They destroyed Knight Rider on Green Week because they ran it into the ground. Ugh.

Comment

It was only a little throwaway line at the end, that Rodney delivered in the same tone he always does. It's not a big part of the epiosde's plot.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            It was only a little throwaway line at the end, that Rodney delivered in the same tone he always does. It's not a big part of the epiosde's plot.
                            The line was pretty forced and drew attention to itself. It sort of brought me out of the episode and made me think, "Yes. I'm watching television. They're doing this because of Green Week." That said, I thought it was an excellent episode, and I'm pleased that they did something environmentally themed—even if it was at the behest of the network. I did notice the green Sci Fi logo, but up to that point they did a good job of not presenting their message too explicitly.
                            sigpic

Comment

People still think Humans are causing catastrophic global warming? Ha... the science behind that has been disproven over and over again.

Green week = ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X