PDA

View Full Version : I suppose "Stargate: Atlantis" is no "Star Trek: The Next Generation"

Infinite-Possibilities
November 22nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
They could get the REAL Stephen Hawking. :rolleyes: I got all excited for a second then was rather disappointed we didn't get to see him.:( :o

ckwongau
November 23rd, 2008, 12:08 AM
stephen's health is not as good as over a decade ago, and he only appear on TNG was because it was convenience and fit his schedule at the time.

If it make any difference Stargate has many real life people appearance than star Trek ever.

Infinite-Possibilities
November 23rd, 2008, 12:45 AM
I wasn't exactly being serious.

StargateWatcher
June 28th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Famed physicist and science-for-laypersons-show host Neil Degrasse Tyson has appeared on Atlantis as himself I think.

rushy
August 5th, 2012, 02:05 PM
But unlike TNG, SGA never surpassed SG-1.

jelgate
August 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
How are qualifying TNG to pass SG1?

rushy
August 16th, 2012, 06:32 AM
How are qualifying TNG to pass SG1?

TOS to TNG
SG-1 to SGA

SGA is no TNG.

Snowman37
August 16th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Well, one thing to consider... SG-1 only lasted as long as it did, because it jumped networks. SG-1 went five years on Showtime, then five more on SciFi. SGA went five years on SciFi, the same run that SG-1 had on the network. The only SG show that got the short end of the stick was SGU. Did SGA run as long as SG-1? No. Was it as good? Yes. Did it surpass SG-1 in some episodes? Absolutely! Longevity isn't everything. What counts is quality whether the show lasts a one season or ten.

rushy
August 17th, 2012, 04:03 AM
SGU has very nice quality.