Worst acting in Stargate history...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst acting in Stargate history...

As much as I liked this episode...the little door man dude who made them sign the agreement...he showed up a couple more times too...yeah...his over annunciation of words and constant scowl was...wow...some of the worst acting I've seen anywhere...ever....

...to harsh?
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

I don't think it was as much as the actor as it was the character. I think that actor made that character into someone who had a mentality of "screw the world." Either that or he was a bit teed off with Rodney. Not hard to become ticked off by Rodney, so maybe the character is simply short tempered.

So yeah, I just think it was the character the actor 'characterized.' Not the actor himself.

EDIT: Also, its not like he was a 3+ time Oscar/Emmy winning actor. He was a minor actor who can probably do well for the small roles assigned.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

haha, i thought it was funny the way he acted. wouldnt say its the worst i've seen though. the "heroic" security guard from SG-1's season 10 "Bad Guys" episode is the worst for me. but best not insult too much.
      "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
      O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
      Woolsey: What does that mean?
      O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

I liked the security guard alot. It was like he took his position way too serious for what it was really worth. It made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
          As much as I liked this episode...the little door man dude who made them sign the agreement...he showed up a couple more times too...yeah...his over annunciation of words and constant scowl was...wow...some of the worst acting I've seen anywhere...ever....

...to harsh?
          The majority of the budget for this episode went to Keller's boots. So they had to stick with this guy.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            The majority of the budget for this episode went to Keller's boots. So they had to stick with this guy.
            I call that money well spent.

Personally I found it hilarious when we saw the Security Guard away from his desk and realized just how short he really was. Talk about a complex...
            Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
            I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
            What have these years left to me?
            Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
              Personally I found it hilarious when we saw the Security Guard away from his desk and realized just how short he really was. Talk about a complex...
              As a short guy, I take some offense to that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It certainly was some terrible acting. But i think the prize goes to the entire Asuran race for terrible acting (or was that just terrible characters...?)
                Meh.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                    I liked the security guard alot. It was like he took his position way too serious for what it was really worth. It made me laugh.
                    Agreed- I thought he was hilarious! A caricature of the self-important types I encounter sometimes in real life. He also played well off Rodney, who is another self-important one.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      As a short guy, I take some offense to that.

My mum used to say nice things come in small packages, My brother was not so polite---hey but what did he know. My mum knew best.
                      So there.... MCH
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

I just think he was bored and then got really annoyed with Rodney. LOL Even though Rodney is a good character in SGA, he is also rather annoying. I can't say I blame the guy. *nod nod*
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X