The zpm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The zpm....

Remember the first lines in the episode. 'Earth has no ZPM" where did it go? Earth recieved 2 ZPM's from Atlatnis after the Repicators attacked. One went to the Odyssey, adn the other one went to the Outpost. So why can't Earth use it and why did Shepard say, "Earth has no ZPM."

There are only 3 explantions for this

1. It was used up in a battle to defeat the Ori ships that were about to attack, "even though no such battle eoccured @ least on stage in Ark of Truth"

2. The Miliary and IOA don't want to move the ZPM from the Ancient Outpost inroder to use in witht eh Stargate *at least not at this time*.

3. Plot Hole Hell
    sigpic

Who said that and when?
    Last edited by jenks; 23 November 2008, 04:53 PM.

Comment

yeah...I don't remember that at all...
      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I think when he said Earth has no zpm, he meant to say Earth has no zpm it can use to dial the gate to another galaxy. You were right on #2. The ones on the Odyssey and in the Ancient outpost can't be removed, given to the SGC, and then returned, since many things can go wrong in transport or when dialing, or some enemy might unexpectedly attack when our defenses don't have the energy to put up a fight.

I believe Sheppard said that in the first minute of the episode, the only time he got to speak. What he said was (paraphrasing), "Earth has no zpm, which means three weeks in Daedalus, which means five weeks total. We only get these once a year, so I'm saving mine for a special occasion."

Comment

From 3x12 (Echoes)

WEIR: We cannot keep all three ZeeP.Ms from the Replicator take-over, Rodney. We get one. Now, I don’t know how to make it any clearer for you.

McKAY: Well, I felt if I could just outline the reasons for keeping them -- you know, bullet point, very brief ...

WEIR: It was twenty-six pages!

McKAY: I know, but if we hope to persuade Stargate Command ...

WEIR (stopping and turning to face him): OK. So tell me. Who would you deprive of the other ZeeP.Ms? The Antarctic outpost?

McKAY: Well, no, because they need it to power the Chair to protect Earth.

WEIR: OK, how about the Odyssey, then? They’re getting the other ZeeP.M. to help them in their fight against the Ori. Rodney, we have enough power now to raise the shield and cloak the city and dial home. Please, can you start seeing the glass as half full?
          Earth most definitely has a Zero Point Module. Plot hole.
          sigpic

Comment

I just re-watched it and Shep said "SGC doesn't have a ZPM." Earth does, yes, but not SGC.
            sigpic

Comment

Right, the SGC doesn't have a ZPM. They keep it with the chair at all times in Antarctica. "Why can't they take it to the SGC when they don't need it for the chair?" you might ask. Well, if an attack comes suddenly with no warning, they'd have to transport it back, and who knows how long that would take or if that plane would get shot down. "Well they could beam it back!" you might say. That assumes a BC-304 is in orbit around Earth at all times. The Daedulus and Apollo are always going back and forth between galaxies and the Oddessy usually is off doing something some where in the MW, if it's not currently been taken apart to reproduce the Asgard tech.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                Right, the SGC doesn't have a ZPM. They keep it with the chair at all times in Antarctica. "Why can't they take it to the SGC when they don't need it for the chair?" you might ask. Well, if an attack comes suddenly with no warning, they'd have to transport it back, and who knows how long that would take or if that plane would get shot down. "Well they could beam it back!" you might say. That assumes a BC-304 is in orbit around Earth at all times. The Daedulus and Apollo are always going back and forth between galaxies and the Oddessy usually is off doing something some where in the MW, if it's not currently been taken apart to reproduce the Asgard tech.
                What would be really smart is to put up Asgard technologically advanced satelites that could be used to beam people around the world, so you wouldn't need the 304.
                You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

I have a HUGE QUESTION!!

The Ancients created the Zpm's right? and We have controled the Ancient database for what, five years now? ISTN'T IT ABOUT TIME THAT WE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE SOME???!!! The replicators did...

Seriously, u may say that it would take a long time to find, but we do speak ancient and i'm sure there is some kind of search engine.

I know "zpm" is not the same in ancient but you could probably find it under power generators or something... Just because ancients were super smart doesn't mean they had to go one by one on all of their database. it is only logic that they had some way of going to certain part even if they misspelled or if they wrote a word that was mentioned on a part of the article (come to think of it we have something like it GOOGLE!!!).

Is anybody else going crazy over this? because i am...

Comment

Originally posted by rick_coppola View Post
                    I have a HUGE QUESTION!! The Ancients created the Zpm's right? and We have controled the Ancient database for what, five years now? ISTN'T IT ABOUT TIME THAT WE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE SOME???!!! The replicators did...Seriously, u may say that it would take a long time to find, but we do speak ancient and i'm sure there is some kind of search engine. I know "zpm" is not the same in ancient but you could probably find it under power generators or something... Just because ancients were super smart doesn't mean they had to go one by one on all of their database. it is only logic that they had some way of going to certain part even if they misspelled or if they wrote a word that was mentioned on a part of the article (come to think of it we have something like it GOOGLE!!!).Is anybody else going crazy over this? because i am...
                    Having the knowledge and resources to make a ZPM are two separate things
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425 View Post
                      What would be really smart is to put up Asgard technologically advanced satelites that could be used to beam people around the world, so you wouldn't need the 304.
                      Yes, that would be cool!

Perfecto!

Comment

I have a HUGE QUESTION!!

The Ancients created the Zpm's right? and We have controled the Ancient database for what, five years now? ISTN'T IT ABOUT TIME THAT WE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE SOME???!!! The replicators did...

Seriously, u may say that it would take a long time to find, but we do speak ancient and i'm sure there is some kind of search engine.

I know "zpm" is not the same in ancient but you could probably find it under power generators or something... Just because ancients were super smart doesn't mean they had to go one by one on all of their database. it is only logic that they had some way of going to certain part even if they misspelled or if they wrote a word that was mentioned on a part of the article (come to think of it we have something like it GOOGLE!!!).

Rick, go to your ZPM thread... I posted my theory explaining your questions.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....92&postcount=6

Comment

I have a HUGE QUESTION!!

Really good question. I've wondered the same thing in the past. Makes for a more interesting story as is though.

Comment

If the ZPM is at the outpost and cannot be moved at any time in case of a surprise attack, does this mean there are ATA carriers at the outpost trained and prepared to defend our planet if such an attack comes, on the ready at all times, all days of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                              What I don't get is, why does the Odyssey still need it's ZPM? The Ori have been defeated. Unless Earth is currently fighting another Ancient-level enemy (which is unlikely) the Odyssey is just wasting the ZPM. Another thing- the Antarctic outpost is rarely used. According to some treaty mentinoed in New Order, there are supposed to be no military forces or occupation of the outpost. Now, why can't the IOA move the chair and drones to the SGC? The IOA knows no one else is going to use the outpost but the US. At the very least, the SGC can't use the ZPM to power the gate as well as using the chair. And it's possible because they were able to move it in The Road Not Taken.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X