Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Neil Tyson know about the Stargate program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't Neil Tyson know about the Stargate program?

And how come he wasn't allowed to help McKay and the global warming guy save earth? Neil is an astrophysicist.

I don't know why Dr. Tyson would not know about the Stargate program, but he should.

As far as Dr. Tyson helping McKay and Tunney, I too am disappointed he did not get to help them too. In fact in my opinion Dr. Tyson deserved much more screen time in the episode, especially more screen time than Bill Nye.

I would have like to have seen Michio Kaku there as well. Dr. Kaku and Dr. Tyson working side by side would have been awesome.

Comment

Yeah. Perhaps Dr. Tyson wasn't available to for the whole episode? That's the only plausible excuse I can think of.

Comment

That must be it. Also, he's an astrophysicist, not a theoretical physicist. He could have done what Bill Nye did and help with the math, but wormhole physics isn't something astrophysicists focus on. I could be wrong. If someone could cite a source showing Tyson is into wormhole physics, that would be great. I didn't get to read his most recent book yet, so I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCharisma View Post
          I would have like to have seen Michio Kaku there as well. Dr. Kaku and Dr. Tyson working side by side would have been awesome.
          Absolutely. I admire Tyson and when I found out he would be in this episode, I was very excited. The guy can act pretty well considering he is an astrophysicist and not an actor.

But besides that, I admire Kaku as well. I love to watch him and Tyson on the History Channel in multiple programs discussing the universe, etc. Extremely smart, but at the same time they try to ease off the techno babble at times to help the average person to understand. I bet they are great people in life. Decent and nice.

Yes, though. I would have loved to see Kaku there with Tyson working with Rodney. That would have been perfect.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCharisma View Post
            I don't know why Dr. Tyson would not know about the Stargate program, but he should.
            Well maybe the Pentagon believes that he would be too much of a security issue or they just never thought that it would be necessary to include him.

Comment

They said Alec Colson wasn't brought on board because he failed a psych exam. I can only imagine Tyson did as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                They said Alec Colson wasn't brought on board because he failed a psych exam. I can only imagine Tyson did as well.
                It was security then psychological but agree they both most likely weren't informed of the Stargate for the same reason
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I am happy with how it turned out. I would have been just as happy the other way, but I enjoy Bill Nye and I loved seeing him act.
                  sigpic

Comment

because tyson is to famous, people would notice and question him disappearing if he went to pegasus.
                    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                      because tyson is to famous, people would notice and question him disappearing if he went to pegasus.
                      This could be true, that is if Dr. Tyson were to travel through the gate.

Dr. Tyson is famous and many people would find his disappearances on science programs questionable. I remember the first program that I saw with Dr. Tyson on it, it was one about the discovery of the Kuiper Belt which brought about the question as to Pluto's planet status. I like it how he argued his reasoning for taking Pluto down from the Planetarium he manages, and how he was saying he got letters from 2nd graders that were written in crayon, begging him not to demote Pluto. After listening to his arguments, I agreed with him for his decision to demote Pluto.

Comment

But still, it's cruel that they are denying his genius to work for the Stargate program. That's just mean. But I could see if it were for psychological reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                          But still, it's cruel that they are denying his genius to work for the Stargate program. That's just mean. But I could see if it were for psychological reasons.
                          The Stargate program never forgave Tyson for demoting Pluto. That's why he's never been invited to work at the SGC.

Comment

Ha ha. Ok I feel better. Yes, it was very bad for Tyson to demote Pluto, so now he must stay in his little corner of old science.

Comment

i would to see more of Neil Degrass Tyson. I grew up watching bill nye the science guy, so i enjoied that as well. I think it was an excelent ep, and i dont understand why peopel hate it.

gavatarman

sigpic
                              Sig made by squirrely1
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                              *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Working...
                              X