This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Character!

Dr. David Rush. A new doctor? Is he going to die off or...have they added new main characters all ready?

Source

Have you heard of Dr. Ingram in Atlantis?

Oh, wait! He ended up becoming Dr. McKay! So possibly just the name changed. Or it could be a non-regular, as the casting calls we've heard of were for series regulars.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post

Oh, wait! He ended up becoming Dr. McKay! So possibly just the name changed. Or it could be a non-regular, as the casting calls we've heard of were for series regulars.
      im pretty sure that Joe said in his blog that the character "makes up the extended Destiney crew" i.e. a reocurring like Zelenka and Lorne

Comment

I think Dr. Rush will be only in the pilot or the first episodes. Maybe they will kill him like Colonel Sumner, because he will be playe by a famous name to begin the story and to pull new viewers. But if he is really so talented, than he is too good for Destiny and we got a new McKay with his complaining. So if the writers want to see desperately characters, who are not perfect in their job, than Dr. Rush will be written out shortly.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post

True, and what the other guys said could be true, as well. However, I believe it could be a series regular -- maybe not part of the main team, but def. a series regular. :-) But this means there could be several key characters to love, not just the ones we have heard of as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
            True, and what the other guys said could be true, as well. However, I believe it could be a series regular -- maybe not part of the main team, but def. a series regular. :-) But this means there could be several key characters to love, not just the ones we have heard of as of yet.
            I don't think there will be a 'main team', it doesn't seem like it's going to start off as an SG-1 clone like Atlantis did...

Comment

the foursome team is standard procedure in Stargate and in the best fantasy action stories like the Weatherlight. a leader, a tech savvy genius, a powerful warrior type (usually with big muscles) and a strong female figure. still not too excited about Universe...

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                the foursome team is standard procedure in Stargate and in the best fantasy action stories like the Weatherlight. a leader, a tech savvy genius, a powerful warrior type (usually with big muscles) and a strong female figure. still not too excited about Universe...
                SG-1 has 5 members.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  SG-1 has 5 members.
                  Not since Carter left...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    I don't think there will be a 'main team', it doesn't seem like it's going to start off as an SG-1 clone like Atlantis did...
                    I don't think so either, but i was talking about the "main characters" or what we were lead to believe to be the "main characters" (story).

Comment

Actually what they should have done for one of the characters is sign up Cliff Simon to play Baal.

Write a plotline into the premier that their Gate journey to Destiny causes some sort of anomaly that also sucks Baal in (right out of SG Continuum). The dymanic in the crew of having a G'oauld (especially this one who proved smarter than most) there all the time would be interesting.

Comment

That sounds like a terrible idea.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

If he's wearing a red shirt in the pilot....he may be screwed.
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I think Rush was necessary because there was a generation gap between Young and the rest. There needs to be dramatic tension to sell that these people aren't stranded by choice so just leaving the Colonel guy in charge isn't a given, whereas the "consent of the governed" would be given up quickly with just the casting call backgrounds to choose from.

I was hoping there would be an extended crew. One actor gets appendicitis and the whole series would be shut down otherwise. You need a pool to rotate from in a pinch - and red shirts, of course.

Who wants to play spot the red shirt in the opening episode? I don't mean spot the extended crew, but spot the guy who seems in with the main team, but has first episode death written all over him - was it Makepeace in Atlantis?.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Working...
                            X