PDA

View Full Version : Bill freakin nye the science guy!!!

Shpinxinator
November 21st, 2008, 10:17 PM
Oh my freaking god!!!! How awesome was that!?!?!

Spidey3121
November 21st, 2008, 11:14 PM
He was absolutely amazing in this episode - i love Bill Nye!!

Detox
November 21st, 2008, 11:22 PM
He even slapped a man!

Best Atlantis episode EVER!

thedrumm3rguy
November 22nd, 2008, 02:44 AM
indeed!

and Stephen Hawking’s "cameo" had me LMAO :D

Infinite-Possibilities
November 22nd, 2008, 02:51 AM
I have to say, I enjoyed him helping to save the day. He'd totally not look out of place helping Zelenka and Rodney with technobabble on Atlantis. What makes it more awesome is that he's a REAL person doing it.

rsanchez
November 22nd, 2008, 04:48 AM
Yeah, he played himself. Awesome. Best Nye line:
"Well Neil, you're married, so I call dibs."
It went something like that, but that line was funny.

Wardog117
November 22nd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Bill was great in this episode. I used to love his show as a kid, and it was good to see him again.

McSwift
November 22nd, 2008, 07:50 AM
McKay: Watch who you are correcting science guy, My PHd is not Honourary
Nye: Hey look, I'm an Engineer, I can do math.

HAHAHA

mirdin1992
November 22nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
McKay: Watch who you are correcting science guy, My PHd is not Honourary
Nye: Hey look, I'm an Engineer, I can do math.

HAHAHA

I laughed so HARD then and when Rodney answerd why they shouldn't BASH :mckayanime07:the matter bridge

Alteran of Atlantis
November 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
I was so surprised! I had to check twice to make sure they said Bill Nye. Our teacher used to make us watch his videos when we were in Elementary! That was sweet!

hisg1fans
November 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, he played himself. Awesome. Best Nye line:
"Well Neil, you're married, so I call dibs."
It went something like that, but that line was funny.

LOL!

I laughed at that one too :D

CountryPixie
November 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
I used to watch his show every chance I got! Even now I'll still say "Did you know that...?" "Now you know that..." in that really weird voice, so I kept saying it throughout the episode.

Did you know that...freeze lightning can kill you?

Lindbergh_Baby
November 22nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
I swear, I thought he was dead. I saw him on the screen and said out loud "wait......didn't he die a while ago?"

Spidey3121
November 22nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah - he has been pretty off the radar since "Bill Nye the Science Guy". He had a series recently that took a more serious approach to science called "The Eye of Nye". I never watched it but... it happened. I certainly always loved him + his show. He really kicked ass in this episode.

jenks
November 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Until this episode I'd never heard of him.

stargatelvr
November 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
My two favorite scientists!!!! I laughed so hard when he said "What the Hell was that?" simply because he said the "H word" it was just funny

Major V1125
November 22nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
oh hell yah! that was hysterical! along with him slapping the other guy! XD

AHAHAHAHAHHA

wkw427
November 22nd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Yes, he owns. I didn't expect him to play himself

MediaSavant
November 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
I have to say that I expected just a cameo, but they integrated him into the plot and he acquitted himself well.

kymeric
November 22nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Bill Nye for Universe IMHO

Major_Griff
November 22nd, 2008, 11:59 PM
I found the thought of Rodney McKay and Bill Nye the science guy being old rivals to be ridiculously hilarious. Who ever thought to get Bill Nye as himself was a freaking genius.

Incanus
November 23rd, 2008, 07:06 AM
I have to say that I expected just a cameo, but they integrated him into the plot and he acquitted himself well.
Agreed!

Also when he said "I had it on good authority that you were dead", that was actually a rumour about Bill Nye a while ago. Great references in this episode. :D

DragonLadyK
November 23rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
This was the only good thing about the ep, IMO -- Bill Nye got to help save the day. :D

Bill Nye + SGA = Win.

DragonLady

Wolf O'Donnell
November 24th, 2008, 12:18 AM
he was great!

Niam
November 24th, 2008, 06:49 AM
That was one of the best cameos ever, even though it was more than a cameo.

jelgate
November 24th, 2008, 06:54 AM
That was one of the best cameos ever, even though it was more than a cameo.It was at guest star role

SerenaSerenity
November 24th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Bill Nye was just freaking awesome no matter how you put it. *nod nod* I abolutely loved watching him play himself on this episode. Him saying it was rumored that Rodney was dead. Him calling dibs on Jennifer, and then him slapping Tunney. Hilarious. Best part though, him saving the world with Rodney. *nod nod* Absolutely awesome.

Arga
November 24th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks for teaching the rest of us who is actually Bill Nye.
Now I get some jokes/allusions, like the Pluto discussion.

You should look for the video of Bill Nye The Science Guy on Pluto:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pu2KLUzHbQ

VSS
November 24th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I hadn't been keeping up on the spoilers for this (were there any?) and I have to say, I laughed out loud when I saw him. I wish there were more of these clever moments, just goes to show that they could still do it if they wanted to.

padr49904
March 22nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Bill Nye is coming to my University! Sorry for bringing back a long dead thread but I was excited.

polomare
August 2nd, 2010, 04:47 PM
I used to watch his show every chance I got! Even now I'll still say "Did you know that...?" "Now you know that..." in that really weird voice, so I kept saying it throughout the episode.

Did you know that...freeze lightning can kill you?

Hahahah! Yeah.

Bill Nye *ROCKED* this episode! So much gold here . . .
but like others have said, him slapping Dave Foley/Tunney was just too funny for TV!

and the Pluto reference . . . muhahahahaha!