PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Lee Dominates

Ripple in Space
November 21st, 2008, 07:00 PM
Isn't it funny that Dr. Lee is probably viewed as a more prolific & successful scientist than McKay, Zelenka and maybe even Carter. It does kind of make me wonder why McKay couldn't strike a similar deal with the Air Force (letting him present some beta versions of alien tech as his own work)...

stargatelvr
November 21st, 2008, 07:21 PM
He probably already has.

Ripple in Space
November 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM
He probably already has.

Have you seen "Brain Storm"?

JeffKnight
November 21st, 2008, 07:43 PM
I see McKay as way more theoretical than Lee. Lee works on stuff that we already know how to work. McKay and Carter figure out how to work things and fix them when things go wrong. Because of that nature, I don't see either of them getting to take much credit for stuff they work on.

Ripple in Space
November 21st, 2008, 09:43 PM
A fantasy sequence of McKay unveiling the Odyssey as his invention might have been funny.

Nadji
November 22nd, 2008, 03:11 AM
It would have been possible for Dr. Lee or even Sam to make an appearance in this ep which would have been good to see, In saying that the guest stars were more then abundant.

NIKIN
November 22nd, 2008, 04:22 AM
It would have been possible for Dr. Lee or even Sam to make an appearance in this ep which would have been good to see, In saying that the guest stars were more then abundant.

I actually half expected Bill to be there, although I know Carter wouldn't because Tapping is filming Sanctuary and isn't due to star until the finale

rsanchez
November 22nd, 2008, 04:28 AM
Personally, I would have preferred more Neil de Grasse Tyson than Bill Nye or Bill Lee, but Bill Nye was still pretty awesome. The whole episode I was thinking "why is he here, I thought he was only a TV scientist." Then when McKay said Nye's doctorate was only honorary, it was an "oh I get it" moment.