Rodney's contact with SGC's up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney's contact with SGC's up?

I rewinded to see that Rodney said that his contact is almost up this year as he don't know if he will leave SA to work in his own lab as he want to be recognized by his work which never be printed in books in 10 years. I knew that SA will be finale as He will leave SGC for good ;Dr. Keller will follow him as it never happened like last time in "The Last Man" which Dr. Keller got fired from SA as Rodney quitted in protest.

crews at SA will miss him when he decide to leave for good.

I think that with his relationship with Jennifer, he'll end up renewing his contract.

Plus, anything else he could work with would seem primitive in comparison. I think that if he did go into the private sector, he would probably go back to the SGC or Atlantis within a few months.

Comment

Maybe that will be a plot for the Stargate movie, McKay and Keller have gone off to earth to live and some disaster that only he can fix occurs in Pegasus and they call him back.
      In my opinion, if he and Keller are going to be an item and split the team anyway, they might as well leave Atlantis.
      sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a joke to reference the cancellation of Atlantis kind of like the "We all need to do our part" line seemed tied into SciFi's go green movement. I found it very funny myself.
        sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

Originally posted by Kratos_Goauld_of_War View Post
          I thought it was a joke to reference the cancellation of Atlantis kind of like the "We all need to do our part" line seemed tied into SciFi's go green movement. I found it very funny myself.
          This makes the most sence. and i agree with you it was funny
          SGA: Save the Lost City! If you want more Atlantis, please sign the petition!
          http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/
          The base of the SGA: Save the Lost City! Movement.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58008
          My save stargate atlantis group
          http://groups.myspace.com/savestargateatlantis

Comment

He'll renew... Rodney is addicted to his work. He couldn't live without it. Even if he did find something else to keep his interests, it'd be the whole Carter @ Area 51 thing again where they have him on the phone every other day for some disaster... and McKay won't take that as gracefully as Carter, so he'll go back to Atlantis since obviously those "idiots can't do anything without his ever-present genius to fix things when they go horribly wrong." I mean seriously, compared to Rodney, the only one who could compete would be Radek... and no offense, but he's no Rodney...

Comment

just opted:

If Rodney decides to leave SA for new life on Earth; Dr. Keller will leave her post as Chief of Medical Staffs to Dr. Carson Beckett ( I don't care if he is clone or not) to be with Rodney. I would be happy if Carson accepts it!

Comment

He won't because that would mean Radek gets his job. And I don't rightly believe McKay would allow that.
                These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Baileyblue
                  I kind of hope that Rodney and Keller do go back to earth and then, as in the original timeline, Keller ends up dying. Then Rodney can come back unattached and reborn as his old, snarky, re-masculated self (since Keller cut them off) for the movies.
                  No that would make me extremely angry as she was would probably be the love of his life. It would to play on screen that now he full angst and sadness in his art and change in my opinion would to be written differently that it is today which would entertaining to see that he can change and evolve and the writers can evolve their characters.

His contract being up does make for interesting stories to be bought into play to. If the reveal of the stargate happens then most likely he will be able to work on his work why still keeping it in the public eye. An other possibility as the contract seem he does not work for pride and the fact it is country which could mean him working for someone else like the chinese. So this could make character more interesting.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 22 November 2008, 07:31 AM.

Comment

well we still have an atlantis movie so rodney will be still around
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

that was just one of the several sarcastic comments made in tonight's episode in regard to the impending doom of SA

Comment

Originally posted by Kratos_Goauld_of_War View Post
                        I actually thought that was kind of suspicious. It almost feels like they shot this scene after they heard the news of cancellation, and the writers felt like there wasn't enough McKeller crap, so they tacked it on at the last second.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                          He won't because that would mean Radek gets his job. And I don't rightly believe McKay would allow that.
                          They could easily get around that with a heart to heart McKay Radek scene in which McKay says he respects him or Radek admits McKay is a genius...then he'd give it up.

Anyone know if Kellers in the movies? I have a fear they'll kill her off and leave Rodney destroyed and thats why he leaves Atlantis..
                          "We've been working on this chair for two years to make it a viable virtual reality training tool for SGC personnel.." - Dr Lee

"You have failed" - Teal'c

Comment

Originally posted by Gav View Post
                            They could easily get around that with a heart to heart McKay Radek scene in which McKay says he respects him or Radek admits McKay is a genius...then he'd give it up.

Anyone know if Kellers in the movies? I have a fear they'll kill her off and leave Rodney destroyed and thats why he leaves Atlantis..
                            Which would makes great drama and a great story.
                            Jewel Straite will be in the movie she is their most recognizable actor and for marketing purposes it a must have.

They could create a very interesting and very sad story if done right.
                            I fear however they will not do it because of the fan hate. Unfortunate because given what they did with the Shrine the best episode since Sunday or since Heroes in sg1aint decided yet. Doing a film with a similar story of loss and love and breakdowns, regret could really create one great and powerful movie and be different to their last two films.
                            Last edited by knowles2; 23 November 2008, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Which would makes great drama and great a great story.
                              Jewel Straite will be in the movie her name their most recognizable actor and for marketing purposes it could be good.

They could create a very interesting and very sad story if done right.
                              I fear however they will not do it because of the fan hate. Unfortunately because given what they did with the Shrine the best episode since Sunday or since Heroes in sg1aint decided yet. Doing a film with a similar story of loss and love and breakdowns, regret could really create one great movie and be different to their last two films.
                              Thanks...i should try getting a job writing on Universe.

It'd probably be a good single episode that could attract non-regular viewers but the McKay/Keller love story already feels abit rushed and if they tear it apart too quickly, it's not going to have the same impact on the fans who dont care enough about it yet.
                              "We've been working on this chair for two years to make it a viable virtual reality training tool for SGC personnel.." - Dr Lee

"You have failed" - Teal'c

Comment

Working...
                              X