This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of Fans here won't watch this episode

And therefore the comments are going to be somewhat biased in a positive fashion. The ones that can't stand Rodney or the idea of the McKeller ship in all it's glorious depravitude will not even be seeing it.
    I am one of them. So I'm not going to comment further, but in reading the various threads this episode was going to be skipped by more people than I have ever seen.

Originally posted by Repli!kat View Post
    And therefore the comments are going to be somewhat biased in a positive fashion. The ones that can't stand Rodney or the idea of the McKeller ship in all it's glorious depravitude will not even be seeing it.
    I am one of them. So I'm not going to comment further, but in reading the various threads this episode was going to be skipped by more people than I have ever seen.
    Guilty as charged. I was reading the reviews though to see if it was worth anything to those who aren't in love with McKeller but it doesn't sound like it.
    sigpic

Comment

I was doubtful with this ep and ended up enjoying it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
        Guilty as charged.?* I was reading the reviews though to see if it was worth anything to those who aren't in love with McKeller but it doesn't sound like it.
        As a person who dislike all Stargate ships it was decent until the very end
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          I was doubtful with this ep and ended up enjoying it.
          same, it sounded boring at first, but I took it with a grain of salt and i;m glad i did

KEEP IT CLEAN
          Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
          Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Nice editing Brian.

FWIW, I've very much been a Stargate fan. SG-1 and SGA and have been with SGA since Rising aired.

But I'm not a sheep and I do know what I like and don't like. And I am not so quite enamored of Keller nor the fact that Sheppard, Teyla and Ronon have taken much more of a backseat this season that frankly it's a surprise when they aren't sidelined.

Everyone has their own opinions.
            sigpic

Comment

This is one of the few episodes I hadn't really read spoilers on. Overall, I ended up enjoying it. Good for Rodney and Keller.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I absolutely loved David and I've been a fan of Jewel since Space Cases when I was a kid. Throw in Bill Nye and Dave Foley and you've got an episode with 4 of my favorite actors. I thought it was great!
                Verdammt durch das Fleisch.
                Gerettet durch das Blut.

Comment

was that stupid show on tonight? Gosh, I forgot!
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

David Hewlett was the best thing in the episode. Funny, sweet, and smart.
                    I'm glad they let him tell Keller 'this is who i am"....especially after Keller spent half the episode bossing him around like she was his mommy. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                      Nice editing Brian.

FWIW, I've very much been a Stargate fan. SG-1 and SGA and have been with SGA since Rising aired.

But I'm not a sheep and I do know what I like and don't like. And I am not so quite enamored of Keller nor the fact that Sheppard, Teyla and Ronon have taken much more of a backseat this season that frankly it's a surprise when they aren't sidelined.

Everyone has their own opinions.
                      Well how do you know you won't like it or not if you don't watch the episode? Just curious.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well how do you know you won't like it or not if you don't watch the episode? Just curious.
                        Read the reviews from those people whose likes and dislikes are the most similar to my own. Hasn't failed me yet. Alternatively, the only people really crowing about this ep are mainly a) people who crow about most of the eps and/or b) McKeller fans. Since I'm neither, that's another indicator that this ep isn't for me.

Comment

I am not the one you asked, but I decided not to watch this episode because I am so uncomfortable with the McKay and Keller relationship, that I have no desire whatsoever to watch it on screen. It is a HUGE turn off for me and makes me cringe even to think about it.
                          I will hope for a better episode next time, and hopefully the amount of time McKeller is on screen will be kept to a minimum, in favor of whatever story they are telling.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            Read the reviews from those people whose likes and dislikes are the most similar to my own. Hasn't failed me yet. Alternatively, the only people really crowing about this ep are mainly a) people who crow about most of the eps and/or b) McKeller fans. Since I'm neither, that's another indicator that this ep isn't for me.
                            Well I was not hyping this ep, quite the opposite. I was Hyping "The Prodigal" and it seems a lot of folks loved that ep.
                            sigpic

Comment

I know I wouldn't enjoy it because it has two characters in it. McKay and Keller. So out of the two, I like one of them. They're on Earth, it's not an Atlantis episode. Therefore, it's an episode that has nothing to do with Atlantis with only one character from a list of characters that I like watching -- well, the math is pretty easy to do here.

And, before I get jumped for being anti-Keller, I wasn't. I had nothing against her but the character hasn't grown on me. She was just 'all right' in season 4. But in season 5, I feel (and note, I am being clear to say it is how I feel and not anyone else) that she's been shoved literally down our throats, a 'ship' has been created that feels completely false and contrived, and the 'team' has been so absent this season that you could've fired 3/4ths of the cast and replaced them with anyone and carried on. I have praise for three episodes this season.

No, I don't need to watch Brain Storm to know I would dislike it because it is filled with all the elements save one that I dislike.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X