PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Fans here won't watch this episode

Repli!kat
November 21st, 2008, 06:20 PM
And therefore the comments are going to be somewhat biased in a positive fashion. The ones that can't stand Rodney or the idea of the McKeller ship in all it's glorious depravitude will not even be seeing it.
I am one of them. So I'm not going to comment further, but in reading the various threads this episode was going to be skipped by more people than I have ever seen.

IWantToBelieve
November 21st, 2008, 06:22 PM
And therefore the comments are going to be somewhat biased in a positive fashion. The ones that can't stand Rodney or the idea of the McKeller ship in all it's glorious depravitude will not even be seeing it.
I am one of them. So I'm not going to comment further, but in reading the various threads this episode was going to be skipped by more people than I have ever seen.

Guilty as charged. I was reading the reviews though to see if it was worth anything to those who aren't in love with McKeller but it doesn't sound like it.

Briangate78
November 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
I was doubtful with this ep and ended up enjoying it.

jelgate
November 21st, 2008, 06:24 PM
Guilty as charged.?* I was reading the reviews though to see if it was worth anything to those who aren't in love with McKeller but it doesn't sound like it.As a person who dislike all Stargate ships it was decent until the very end

unluckynumber11
November 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
I was doubtful with this ep and ended up enjoying it.

same, it sounded boring at first, but I took it with a grain of salt and i;m glad i did :D

IWantToBelieve
November 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
Nice editing Brian.

FWIW, I've very much been a Stargate fan. SG-1 and SGA and have been with SGA since Rising aired.

But I'm not a sheep and I do know what I like and don't like. And I am not so quite enamored of Keller nor the fact that Sheppard, Teyla and Ronon have taken much more of a backseat this season that frankly it's a surprise when they aren't sidelined.

Everyone has their own opinions.

the fifth man
November 21st, 2008, 06:32 PM
This is one of the few episodes I hadn't really read spoilers on. Overall, I ended up enjoying it. Good for Rodney and Keller.

Ezi_May
November 21st, 2008, 06:32 PM
I absolutely loved David and I've been a fan of Jewel since Space Cases when I was a kid. Throw in Bill Nye and Dave Foley and you've got an episode with 4 of my favorite actors. I thought it was great!

Jackie
November 21st, 2008, 06:37 PM
was that stupid show on tonight? Gosh, I forgot!

smushybird
November 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
David Hewlett was the best thing in the episode. Funny, sweet, and smart.
I'm glad they let him tell Keller 'this is who i am"....especially after Keller spent half the episode bossing him around like she was his mommy. Yuck.

Briangate78
November 21st, 2008, 06:50 PM
Nice editing Brian.

FWIW, I've very much been a Stargate fan. SG-1 and SGA and have been with SGA since Rising aired.

But I'm not a sheep and I do know what I like and don't like. And I am not so quite enamored of Keller nor the fact that Sheppard, Teyla and Ronon have taken much more of a backseat this season that frankly it's a surprise when they aren't sidelined.

Everyone has their own opinions.

Well how do you know you won't like it or not if you don't watch the episode? Just curious.

ToasterOnFire
November 21st, 2008, 06:56 PM
Well how do you know you won't like it or not if you don't watch the episode? Just curious.
Read the reviews from those people whose likes and dislikes are the most similar to my own. Hasn't failed me yet. Alternatively, the only people really crowing about this ep are mainly a) people who crow about most of the eps and/or b) McKeller fans. Since I'm neither, that's another indicator that this ep isn't for me.

Lythisrose
November 21st, 2008, 06:56 PM

I am not the one you asked, but I decided not to watch this episode because I am so uncomfortable with the McKay and Keller relationship, that I have no desire whatsoever to watch it on screen. It is a HUGE turn off for me and makes me cringe even to think about it.
I will hope for a better episode next time, and hopefully the amount of time McKeller is on screen will be kept to a minimum, in favor of whatever story they are telling.

Briangate78
November 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
Read the reviews from those people whose likes and dislikes are the most similar to my own. Hasn't failed me yet. Alternatively, the only people really crowing about this ep are mainly a) people who crow about most of the eps and/or b) McKeller fans. Since I'm neither, that's another indicator that this ep isn't for me.

Well I was not hyping this ep, quite the opposite. I was Hyping "The Prodigal" and it seems a lot of folks loved that ep.

IWantToBelieve
November 21st, 2008, 07:03 PM
I know I wouldn't enjoy it because it has two characters in it. McKay and Keller. So out of the two, I like one of them. They're on Earth, it's not an Atlantis episode. Therefore, it's an episode that has nothing to do with Atlantis with only one character from a list of characters that I like watching -- well, the math is pretty easy to do here.

And, before I get jumped for being anti-Keller, I wasn't. I had nothing against her but the character hasn't grown on me. She was just 'all right' in season 4. But in season 5, I feel (and note, I am being clear to say it is how I feel and not anyone else) that she's been shoved literally down our throats, a 'ship' has been created that feels completely false and contrived, and the 'team' has been so absent this season that you could've fired 3/4ths of the cast and replaced them with anyone and carried on. I have praise for three episodes this season.

No, I don't need to watch Brain Storm to know I would dislike it because it is filled with all the elements save one that I dislike.

Shipperahoy
November 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM
Actually, it seems like thus far most of the posts are people saying that they did not enjoy the episode so I don't think it's going to be biased at all. There are quite a lot of people like myself who don't feel one way or the other about the ship and who aren't invested in Keller way one way or another.

Rac80
November 21st, 2008, 07:10 PM
the idea of mckay getting romantic makes me go "Squick"!!! (ok it's my new fave word :P) so I won't be watching it! :P

Kratos_Goauld_of_War
November 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM
I really enjoyed this episode. I'm a fan of the relationship because, except for Daniel and Sha're, this seems to be the only real actual romantic relationship that's be realized, albeit in a slightly goofy way, on Stargate.

That and it gives us all hope that even if we are awkward around women there is still a chance a super hot doctor lady will fall in love with us...

It's true romanticism to me.

Repli!kat
November 21st, 2008, 07:20 PM
Actually, it seems like thus far most of the posts are people saying that they did not enjoy the episode so I don't think it's going to be biased at all. There are quite a lot of people like myself who don't feel one way or the other about the ship and who aren't invested in Keller way one way or another.

But I do wonder, if the negative comments would have been in even higher proportion, if those people who swore off watching the ep at all were here commenting. There were so many people here and on LJ and other sites saying they were not going to tune this one in. I think that the publicity and spoilers about the Ship and perhaps even possibly that it was an Earth based episode and not directly related to Stargate, sifted out those who would be here commenting otherwise. But I'm just speculating, I have no proof or anything.

PS - how can you be a "Shipperahoy" and not care anything about a ship!? LOL

Shipperahoy
November 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM
PS - how can you be a "Shipperahoy" and not care anything about a ship!? LOL

Well Sam/Jack was my ship. When I joined the forum years and years ago I was obsessed with it. Of course 6 or 7 years later TPTB have managed to mostly squash that obsession.

Eyeofra
November 21st, 2008, 07:33 PM
For those who did not think this would not be a good show and skiped it. Watch it you do not know what you missed.

Ripple in Space
November 21st, 2008, 07:34 PM
The overall premise is like a bad fanfic, but it is enjoyable. Think "Bounty" only with better writing.

GATEGOD
November 21st, 2008, 07:41 PM
I didn't ship them and I enjoyed the episode, it made me like the two of them together more. It was a fun episode, Rodney is hilarious, episodes about him are usually like that, lol their seems to be soo many of them like that though, mainly because he can do them and is good at them. Hehe I guess it would suck if you didn't like him or keller, but I like him and Keller is pretty okay. So presto chango, great lines, funny guests, somewhat good story, fun episode. Don't hate.

prion
November 21st, 2008, 07:48 PM
The overall premise is like a bad fanfic, but it is enjoyable. Think "Bounty" only with better writing.

SG1's "Bounty" was better than this one, at least for me. This one was a waste of an hour, alas :( It made "Inquisition", which I found to be lame, now look so much better! So I guess there was a positive aspect to this episode...

Rweethareyet
November 21st, 2008, 08:01 PM
I watched the episode and I have to say I didn't really care for it. I don't care about Rodney and Jennifer. I'm not anti-Keller. It was sort of boring. I hated the way Bill Nye was written not funny just silly. The only part I really liked was when Bill Nye slapped Dave Foley.

travis
November 21st, 2008, 08:02 PM
I for one am not going to bother with this ep why......... because I dispise the McKay charater. If it had the team then of course I can tolerate him but since it's a McKay ep I'll pass. The last time I tourtured my self with a Mckay ep I feel asleep and thats the best part, thank god. Gosh to think that Atlantis is cancelling they would show cast more of the team and Atlantis.

SerenaSerenity
November 21st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Well, in my own personal opinion, one should not judge a book by it's cover. But to each their own.

I enjoyed it personally. And yes, while McKay/Keller ship is a ship I do like. That doesn't mean I'm gonna give good reviews on it just because of that. I'm not a sheep either, if I like something I'll say so. If I don't, then I will say I don't. I'm not shy about stuff like that. Well, not really. lol I do try to be nice about saying I don't like something anyhow.

And I never read the spoilers or look at the promo pics, well not anymore about the pics anyhow. They got to spoilery after a time. Anyhow, I like to see it with my own eyes, the whole episode before I judge. And I saw good stuff and in my own opinion people missed out if they didn't. But, that is my own personal opinion. I'm not gonna rag on another person's opinion. To each their own. I'm just the type of person to watch it, even if people are saying bad things about it before hand, before I give my own opinion on something. *nod nod*

Ripple in Space
November 21st, 2008, 09:42 PM
SG1's "Bounty" was better than this one, at least for me. This one was a waste of an hour, alas :( It made "Inquisition", which I found to be lame, now look so much better! So I guess there was a positive aspect to this episode...

I guess we'll have to disagree on that then. The head jerking scene when the guy was electrocuted at the prom was so 60-ish B movie-ish it ruined the already bad episode for me.

I liked the way this episode ended, where McKay wasn't "the hero," but he was vindicated as being brilliant. I thought it was clever, and you rarely see a middle ground like that.

I thought it would've been funny if they all saw him make out with Keller while they still thought she was his sister. But aside from the lack of that... and the overall crappy premise of the ep... I don't have many criticisms. I didn't love Bill Nye's character, and I really like Foley, but he wasn't too likable in this ep, but still it was enjoyable.

Reiko
November 21st, 2008, 09:43 PM
I don't watch some episodes and still diss them anyway :P Intuition.

kymeric
November 21st, 2008, 10:18 PM

Thanks for letting me know.

SnarkofMcShep
November 21st, 2008, 10:40 PM
I know I wouldn't enjoy it because it has two characters in it. McKay and Keller. So out of the two, I like one of them. They're on Earth, it's not an Atlantis episode. Therefore, it's an episode that has nothing to do with Atlantis with only one character from a list of characters that I like watching -- well, the math is pretty easy to do here.

And, before I get jumped for being anti-Keller, I wasn't. I had nothing against her but the character hasn't grown on me. She was just 'all right' in season 4. But in season 5, I feel (and note, I am being clear to say it is how I feel and not anyone else) that she's been shoved literally down our throats, a 'ship' has been created that feels completely false and contrived, and the 'team' has been so absent this season that you could've fired 3/4ths of the cast and replaced them with anyone and carried on. I have praise for three episodes this season.

No, I don't need to watch Brain Storm to know I would dislike it because it is filled with all the elements save one that I dislike.

Excellent reasons for not watching it. If you're not a hardcore McKeller shipper, the chances of liking this episode go down exponentially. I wish I had not watched it as my feelings are the same as yours. It is now my most hated episode ever. Ever. I really should have listened to my instincts and not wasted an hour of my life on BS, the irony of this does not escape me. I agree completely with your sentiments of the ship, with no background or history, being forced down our throats. Especially after tonight. Could go on and on about how bad I thought it was. I miss Sheppard and the team.

Agent_Dark
November 22nd, 2008, 01:01 AM
lol at all teh QQ

CazzBlade
November 22nd, 2008, 02:44 AM
After hearing nearly all of my friends say 'I want that hour of my life back' I think I made the right decision to not watch this ep :D

jenks
November 22nd, 2008, 04:39 AM
Ah so because the reception to the episode has been so good it must be because so many people who would have otherwise disliked it didn't watch? Right...:rolleyes:

maxbo
November 22nd, 2008, 04:45 AM

I also thought the reviews for this episode would be overwhelmingly positive for the same reasons. However, that's not the case because so far, I've seen more negative reviews than positive ones.

Klenotka
November 22nd, 2008, 05:05 AM
I watched it, loved it. Not only because I like both, Rodney and Jennifer characters, and I (suprisingly to myself) like McKeller (I never shiped on SG). But I would never skip an episode just because there are few bad reviews from few people in a forum, people who I know hate McKay (or Keller) and/or this relationship.
I am watching every episode, even when there is Teyla who I donĀ“t like too much.
I like making my own opinion and often, I end up pleasently suprised (like at the episode The Queen, for example and even Teyla in it).

But I am not really objective here cos I "squeed" most of this episode :D I like McKay, I like Keller, and I like McKeller. Which, as I see it, is good for me, since this episode was all about them. :)

Starry Waters
November 22nd, 2008, 05:22 AM
For those who did not think this would not be a good show and skiped it. Watch it you do not know what you missed.

Well, I watched it. It didn't sound very exciting to me before it aired, but I tried to keep a positive attitude anyway. My philosophy is that I would rather have a bad episode of SGA than no episode, but this one really pushed the line for me. I'll admit I"m not a Keller fan. In fact, I'm starting to believe that it's the actress I really dislike. I should have liked her more in this ep but I didn't. For example, her voice just sounds whiny to me. (I know some people think Rodney's does too, but his doesn't bother me the way hers does.)

But I digress. I just couldn't get into it and I like Rodney so I should have at least enjoyed him. It didn't feel like an SGA ep and there were some serious errors with the storyline. I didn't think it was that character driven either. (Some might say that Keller moved from being incompetent to being one of the most competent/adult ones there, but her character is so inconsistent throughout the series that she constantly flips from being helpless to being semi-competent.) The special effects were not that great either. IMHO, if you missed this, you weren't missing much. It's going to be a long 2 weeks (and since I didn't like this one at all, it'll feel more like 3.)

in season 5, I feel (and note, I am being clear to say it is how I feel and not anyone else) that she's been shoved literally down our throats, ... and the 'team' has been so absent this season that you could've fired 3/4ths of the cast and replaced them with anyone and carried on.

I also feel this way. She's suppose to be a doctor, but half the time she ignores the people that are hurt and is out running around with the team. I about died when she was on the bridge giving encouragement and suggestions to crew members at the end of Lost Tribe ep! What a joke! Don't force her character into situations it doesn't belong in.

Earthgate Ricky
November 22nd, 2008, 05:59 AM
That's loss for Doctor and Wild Man fans.

Dr. Keller already knew about men, she made a right choice.

:mckay09: you loser!

:ronon: (roar)

Southern Red
November 22nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
I watch every episode with hopeful expectations and usually find something to like. However, for the first time I erased this one from my DVR without saving it to a DVD or even rewatching it.

No John I guess was my biggest disappointment, but then I also enjoyed Trio so that can't be the whole story. I kept thinking how much better it would have been if John had gone along but then the McShep angle would have reared its ugly head.

Everything about Brainstorm was a letdown from the global warming anvils to the pseudoscience to the inane dialogue. Keller's outfit even annoyed me.

And the McKeller bits just made me want to blind myself. I love a good romance...emphasis on the word good and this ain't it.

I don't believe in criticizing unless you see something with your own two eyes, but I don't blame anyone who has yet to sit through this hour of torture to take the advice of their friends and skip it.

Briangate78
November 22nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
I watch every episode with hopeful expectations and usually find something to like. However, for the first time I erased this one from my DVR without saving it to a DVD or even rewatching it.

LOL, yeah I don't plan to rewatch this ep. Remnants I watched a few times over, and I have now officially lost count of how many times I rewatched "The Prodigal" and "The Lost Tribe" :p

kymeric
November 22nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
There is a bizarre IWONTDOTHIS mentality here that i just dont get. Like unless somethings cookie cutter and fits personal tastes its bad and a personal affront. Well its not. If someone feels soo strongly about something thats not real (theyre just actors) they should prolly opt out and step back. Theres no need to harp on it like its really real and by existing it in some way is hurting you.

I hate the first starwars (kiddie anikan = blech) u dont see me ranting about it and deriding Lucas every chance i get, or even watching and posting on boards for the new cartoon JUST to remind everyone again that i hate it.

Internets rule #1: anonymity = being an @$$hat
Internets rule #2: no one cares what you say on the internet

So unless being pissed off all the time and ruining it for others is really that fulfilling...

btedford
November 22nd, 2008, 08:16 AM
As a huge sci-fi fan and a huge Stargate fan, I watch every episode. Especially now, with only a few episodes left before Atlantis leaves the air, I cherish the last few original, fresh episodes because besides the movies there won't be an original episode again.

wolverine_nl
November 22nd, 2008, 09:22 AM
I have watched it and i thought it was an o.k. episode. The ship didnt bother me, cause it is what the show is and I never miss a show cause some others say it is bad, thats a poor excuse. It is like someone is saying that a certain fruit tastes awfull, but you wont know for yourself untill you try it yourself.
Selfjudgement is selfknowledge.
plus...cant have them all :P

ToasterOnFire
November 22nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Wat?

1) I'm not pissed off at all.
2) If posting a contrary opinion is really "ruining it for others" then I encourage those others to either develop a thicker skin or stop visiting GW.

wolverine_nl
November 22nd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Wat?

2) If posting a contrary opinion is really "ruining it for others" then I encourage those others to either develop a thicker skin or stop visiting GW.

you think it is only about you? do you feel that people only talk about you? Well think again, this board is bigger than you, accept it

1) No1 said you were pissed off
2) You cannot give people option wether or not the can tell what they think and visit GW.
3) you yourself should take your advice into consideration and develop a thicker skin yourself.

There are always episodes that some people will like and some people dont like, that is okay, nothing wrong about that.
What some of us are saying is in GENERAL, without pointing fingers:
Why not give something a chance, why always think so negative. Sci fi is about being open minded. Its what the world lacks sometimes. :mckay:

ToasterOnFire
November 22nd, 2008, 09:48 AM
you think it is only about you? do you feel that people only talk about you?
Um...nope.

1) No1 said you were pissed off
kymeric implied it.

2) You cannot give people option wether or not the can tell what they think and visit GW.
Tell that to all the posters constantly saying others should stop posting, get off GW, or get off certain threads just because their opinion is contrary from theirs.

3) you yourself should take your advice into consideration and develop a thicker skin yourself.
Perhaps. I don't care if you love the show or if you hate it. I do tire of certain posters here constantly trying to insult, shout down, and otherwise troll those with different opinions. You know, the ones who rarely have anything to say about the show itself, but instead spend most of their time complaining and making snide comments about other fans.

wolverine_nl
November 22nd, 2008, 09:56 AM
Um...nope.

kymeric implied it.

Tell that to all the posters constantly saying others should stop posting, get off GW, or get off certain threads just because their opinion is contrary from theirs.

Perhaps. I don't care if you love the show or if you hate it. I do tire of certain posters here constantly trying to insult, shout down, and otherwise troll those with different opinions. You know, the ones who rarely have anything to say about the show itself, but instead spend most of their time complaining and making snide comments about other fans.

Implying isnt the same as saying..

I understand your view on being tiresome about some posters that dont respect opinions.
I just gave you mine about being open minded. I dont post that much, read allot, and allot is crap about who is right or wrong and it has nothing to do with stargate, but ...
on the other hand , it IS a community, so it is also about the people in it and that is something that some folks forget.
Without everyone in it, we would not be having these little discussions.
I love stargate and I also dont like certain little things in it, but thats life, nothing is perfect and to be pretty honest, it would get pretty boring if it were. :jonas:

jyh
November 22nd, 2008, 09:56 AM

If some people want to act that way, the loss is theirs, and if they don't miss it, good for them. But most of us who DID watch it-- after all, it's a TV show, not real life, or a reality game that viewers can manipulate by watching or skipping-- those who did watch it have for the most part enjoyed it.

So, those who 'boycotted' the episode can just sit on their hands until the next episode they "approve of."

ToasterOnFire
November 22nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Implying isnt the same as saying..

I understand your view on being tiresome about some posters that dont respect opinions.
I just gave you mine about being open minded. I dont post that much, read allot, and allot is crap about who is right or wrong and it has nothing to do with stargate, but ...
on the other hand , it IS a community, so it is also about the people in it and that is something that some folks forget.
Without everyone in it, we would not be having these little discussions.
I love stargate and I also dont like certain little things in it, but thats life, nothing is perfect and to be pretty honest, it would get pretty boring if it were. :jonas:
I wish positive comments could be as accepted here as negative ones. "I loved this ep!" vs. "I hated this ep!". "I can't wait to watch this ep!" vs. "I'm going to pass on this ep". "This season is going to be great!" vs. "This season is going to be bad!" I wish there could be civil discussion and debate when opinions and views differed instead of constantly turning it into a critique and complaint session about THAT poster or THOSE people.

But GW is what it is, so I have to made due. ;)

flamarius
November 22nd, 2008, 10:41 AM
I hate the first starwars (kiddie anikan = blech) u dont see me ranting about it and deriding Lucas every chance i get, or even watching and posting on boards for the new cartoon JUST to remind everyone again that i hate it.

And you would be well within your right to do so if you wanted to.

Based on initial post in this thread, it's strange that you would even come in here and respond with this.

I did not watch the episode because I knew what it was about and I have more than every right to voice exactly why I didn't (and won't ever).

Strange, that you bring up asshats and anonymity because people happen to voice an opinion that is negative -- and your opinion was negative about people who do that.

Interesting.

~F

IWantToBelieve
November 22nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
This is hilarious, if you post in a thread about fans choosing not to watch this episode, suddenly you are negative, asshattery, etc etc.

So...should I give jumping off a bridge a shot...cause I might not know I'd hate it unless I tried it, right?

Thing is, and here's where intelligence really comes in handy, I'm an adult and I get to choose what I like and make judgments on what I'm pretty sure (okay, 99% sure, there is Bill Nye in it after all) I won't like. It's not as if I haven't had a few decades to figure myself out by now. You know. Preferences and the sort.

Now if I was going around slamming this episode without having seen it, and talking about how hideous the science was and the outfits and the dialogue and plot, then perhaps the 'wah wah you're so mean' might have a foot to stand on, but since I wasn't, since I have only posted my thoughts (and repeatedly said my opinion) in this one thread I'd think that I was more than playing by the rules.

I have, over the past five seasons, posted both praise and criticism and I have never slammed or bashed characters or actors so how about a little consideration in turn, eh ?

flamarius
November 22nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
Wat?

Amen to this! For those who liked the ep, good on you. But those who didn't surely have the right to voice that opinion without being called an asshat or without someone whining about them ruining the enjoyment for others.

~F

Pegasus_SGA
November 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM

I won't comment on an ep that i've not watched, and this is the first episode in Stargate history that I won't watch. I dislike the ship that much. I'd rather spork my eyes out than sit for an hour watching a McKay/Keller ep. So if there's going to be much more in future eps, then SGA will finish a lot earlier for me... and that makes me really sad. We are so close to the end of SGA, and we're still getting episodes where there's no team. And this is the second time Shep, Ronon, Teyla have only been in an ep for a few seconds. To be honest, and I never thought i'd hear myself say this as I love SGA, but if S6 had plans to be anything like this, then i'm glad it's finishing now. I'd rather I left on a high note... *iz very sad* :(

Linda06
November 22nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
I won't comment on an ep that i've not watched, and this is the first episode in Stargate history that I won't watch. I dislike the ship that much. I'd rather spork my eyes out than sit for an hour watching a McKay/Keller ep. So if there's going to be much more in future eps, then SGA will finish a lot earlier for me... and that makes me really sad. We are so close to the end of SGA, and we're still getting episodes where there's no team. And this is the second time Shep, Ronon, Teyla have only been in an ep for a few seconds. To be honest, and I never thought i'd hear myself say this as I love SGA, but if S6 had plans to be anything like this, then i'm glad it's finishing now. I'd rather I left on a high note... *iz very sad* :(

I hate to burst your bubble but Teyla wasn't even in this one :mckay:

Anywho I watched it and I really really wish I hadn't......*wanders off to find something to erase memory with*

btedford
November 22nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
I just have one thing to say...

I have been a Sci-Fi fan for over 15 years...I have watched it all, Star Trek, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Babylon 5, The X-Files, Firefly, Eureka, the list goes on and on and on.

I have never not watched an episode...no matter how bad it looks. If after I watch it, I don't like it, I won't watch it again. But it means that I have seen every episode, in order for me to say that I am a true fan, I watch it all. Then when someone asks me why I didn't like a particular episode, I can give them an actual list of reasons because I sat and watched the episode, not based on the preview looking bad. Now, I'm not saying that you all aren't true fans, I'm saying that in order for me to call myself a true fan, I watch it regardless and in my opinion, Season 5 for Atlantis has been a good season to watch, there have been a few duds but what season of Stargate (Atlantis and SG-1) or any show, hasn't seen a few duds in each season.

wolverine_nl
November 22nd, 2008, 02:31 PM

I have been a Sci-Fi fan for over 15 years...I have watched it all, Star Trek, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Babylon 5, The X-Files, Firefly, Eureka, the list goes on and on and on.

I have never not watched an episode...no matter how bad it looks. If after I watch it, I don't like it, I won't watch it again. But it means that I have seen every episode, in order for me to say that I am a true fan, I watch it all. Then when someone asks me why I didn't like a particular episode, I can give them an actual list of reasons because I sat and watched the episode, not based on the preview looking bad. Now, I'm not saying that you all aren't true fans, I'm saying that in order for me to call myself a true fan, I watch it regardless and in my opinion, Season 5 for Atlantis has been a good season to watch, there have been a few duds but what season of Stargate (Atlantis and SG-1) or any show, hasn't seen a few duds in each season.
you say what i thought ;)

IWantToBelieve
November 22nd, 2008, 03:05 PM
I'm sorry, you can think of me as a non-fan if it makes you feel better, but I have a fairly demanding life and throwing away an hour on something I know I will not like is just not in the cards.

I don't get paid to watch SGA. I watch the show because I enjoy it and when I stop enjoying it...I don't watch it. End of story.

(And I did watch Remnants last week and Inquisition before that and thought they were both horrible, yet, I didn't come here and slam them in the episode threads. I have a lot of criticisms for the show in this season but I don't go around slinging it against all the people who are enjoying it. Post in one thread about people choosing NOT to watch it and all the lovers jump on you for having a different opinion. Now I remember why I've mostly stayed away from GW.)

wolverine_nl
November 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry, you can think of me as a non-fan if it makes you feel better, but I have a fairly demanding life and throwing away an hour on something I know I will not like is just not in the cards.

I don't get paid to watch SGA. I watch the show because I enjoy it and when I stop enjoying it...I don't watch it. End of story.

(And I did watch Remnants last week and Inquisition before that and thought they were both horrible, yet, I didn't come here and slam them in the episode threads. I have a lot of criticisms for the show in this season but I don't go around slinging it against all the people who are enjoying it. Post in one thread about people choosing NOT to watch it and all the lovers jump on you for having a different opinion. Now I remember why I've mostly stayed away from GW.)

well you are openminded either way, you are honest with yourself about the show.
Allot of people have these little things that in fact is a big mistake by the writers. Things that arent worked out properly or are unlogic.
This episode seems more like a green thing than an actual very important ep. cause it wont change the ship, cause the show aint a soap opera, they used the oppertunity to fill it out more on screen, but this is the one time only. If this episode wasnt aired, the red line would not haven been affected, but then the question is: what red line??

Brain_Child
November 22nd, 2008, 03:58 PM

QTF

Perhaps if you dont want an episode, you should not post at all. Hmm? If you watched remants and inquisition and found them bad, fine, post negative critisism, your entitled to do that.

But, as far as I am concerned, do not come and post and voice an opinion if you have not even watched the episode. Your not in a position to do so. you havent seen the episode. you may have seen advertisements, read reviews and notes about the episode in question, but these are all secondary sources.

Until you sit down and watch the episode itself, a primary source, you're in no position to make a comment. (I did watch the episode, beginning to end. I thought it was good until the end. Keller saying I love you was a little weird and it seemed far too quick, but perhaps writers had to move things along for some reason. I watched the episode so I have reason to feel this way)

There's nothing wrong with GW, its just that people stick their noses where they dont belong and get slammed for doing so. why does anyone care that you didnt watch the episode? I dont, and im not alone in this view.

But when you feel the need to tell people of your decision, as if it is some great accomplishment that you didnt watch an episode, then it gets a little annoying and will therefore make you a target for critisism

Repli!kat
November 22nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
QTF

Perhaps if you dont want an episode, you should not post at all. Hmm? If you watched remants and inquisition and found them bad, fine, post negative critisism, your entitled to do that.

But, as far as I am concerned, do not come and post and voice an opinion if you have not even watched the episode. Your not in a position to do so. you havent seen the episode. you may have seen advertisements, read reviews and notes about the episode in question, but these are all secondary sources.

Until you sit down and watch the episode itself, a primary source, you're in no position to make a comment. (I did watch the episode, beginning to end. I thought it was good until the end. Keller saying I love you was a little weird and it seemed far too quick, but perhaps writers had to move things along for some reason. I watched the episode so I have reason to feel this way)

There's nothing wrong with GW, its just that people stick their noses where they dont belong and get slammed for doing so. why does anyone care that you didnt watch the episode? I dont, and im not alone in this view.

But when you feel the need to tell people of your decision, as if it is some great accomplishment that you didnt watch an episode, then it gets a little annoying and will therefore make you a target for critisism

Hi, as the OP, I'd like this to be a thread for people who didn't watch the ep, or perhaps wished they hadn't and why they didn't, not to bash them for a reasonable decision.
Please respect their rights to post their opinions, whether you agree with them or not. I was more interested in those who have enough of an issue with the concept presented in this episode not to watch, than debating whether they are good fans or not.

ToasterOnFire
November 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM

See, this kind of post is exactly what I was referring to earlier, fans trying to play dictator as to where and how others should post...

IWantToBelieve
November 22nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Thank you replikat and toasteronfire -- brainchild, I have as much right to post in this thread as you do. In fact, since this thread was, as replikat said, for those who chose not to watch it, this is exactly where I belonged (and notice, I have not posted in the episode discussion thread).

You, and other posters of your sort, are why I avoid GW like the plague. There is a singular lack of maturity in acknowledging others opinions and their right to have it.

And with that said, I'm going to retreat back into my other fandoms, of which, I am enjoying still.

kymeric
November 22nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
I could tell you RIGHT now that i will never read a single steve king novel. That hes a hack, and he ripped everything off from HP Lovecraft, even though i havent read it. But I wouldnt do that cuz Id look stupid for bashing something i hadnt actually seen.

Briangate78
November 22nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
I could tell you RIGHT now that i will never read a single steve king novel. That hes a hack, and he ripped everything off from HP Lovecraft, even though i havent read it. But I wouldnt do that cuz Id look stupid for bashing something i hadnt actually seen.

You gotta take people's opinion's here like a grain of salt. No one is right or wrong. Unless they are posting opinions as facts.

fumblesmcstupid
November 22nd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Nope didn't watch it!

I have no desire to watch this particular wet dream of Gero's.

Ignorance really is bliss, especially for this one hour of TV.

Please refrain from insulting my intelligence!

I am very smart!

I skipped this episode!:)

Linda06
November 22nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
Nope didn't watch it!

I have no desire to watch this particular wet dream of Gero's.

Ignorance really is bliss, especially for this one hour of TV.

Please refrain from insulting my intelligence!

I am very smart!

I skipped this episode!:)

I really wish I didn't watch it too :S

fumblesmcstupid
November 22nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
awwwwwe!

here is a big hug!

Smooshes Linda06

Linda06
November 22nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks fumbles *huggles back*

Willow'sCat
November 22nd, 2008, 05:53 PM

Well I watched it ONLY because I LOVE Rodney. :mckayanime03: Also I like Marty Gs writing usually. :(

The fact I will NEVER watch it again is down to hating the way TPTB seem to think we are happy to be treated like a child who doesn't know what a real *intimate* relationship is... sure some folks do fall in love this quickly but mark my words most will break up even quicker (or divorce should they be so foolish to marry, and I know a lot of people are that foolish).

If they must do this, they should have started back in season 4 and not had silly luv triangles, not had Keller be so different to Rodney.... I don't for one moment think he is out of her league *god no, if anything she is out of his :p* but what do they really have in common? :mckayanime22: That tells me all I need to know, they have ZERO in common.

Anyho... this is just bad for the last few eps of a show that will not be back for another season.

A movie is just that an hour or so of more of the same, you can't do much of anything in a movie.... not one written by the same folks who brought us this eppy in the first place.

It is all just too sad for words now. :(

Pegasus_SGA
November 23rd, 2008, 02:51 AM
QTF

Some great accomplishment in not watching an episode? Where on earth have you got that idea? No one in this thread is gloating by the fact they didn't watch it, people here are normal viewers, and in a thread which asks the question whether we watched. You my friend and some other posters like yourself are actually the ones that are off topic in this thread.

Why do we annoy you? And why should we be a target for critisicm? It's you who are in the wrong for posting in this thread, not us. And if you would like to check with the mods on this one, no one here has broke any rules, apart from you and others who've criticised us, as it is you who are off topic. As for criticism, go for it, i'm perfectly capable of holding my own and debating with someone who disagrees with me, if that's how you feel, go for it. And if I annoy you for not watching, well, sorry tough, that's my prerogative. :) Welcome to the world of GW where all sides are welcomed, not just the cute warm fuzzy ones. :)

Brain_Child
November 23rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Hi, as the OP, I'd like this to be a thread for people who didn't watch the ep, or perhaps wished they hadn't and why they didn't, not to bash them for a reasonable decision.
Please respect their rights to post their opinions, whether you agree with them or not. I was more interested in those who have enough of an issue with the concept presented in this episode not to watch, than debating whether they are good fans or not.

Firstly, I never said that these "non-watchers" have no right to post in this thread, in truth, this is one of the rare instances where they can post even if they havent watched the episode

secondly, regarding the part in bold, I will not respect unfounded or plain stupid opinions. Someone who has not watched an episode but has somehow formulated the opinion that it is "bad", "terrible" or "not worth it" are kidding themselves. It's like a critic writing a review before watching the movie. its just nonsense

Pegasus_SGA
November 23rd, 2008, 04:11 AM
Firstly, I never said that these "non-watchers" have no right to post in this thread, in truth, this is one of the rare instances where they can post even if they havent watched the episode

secondly, regarding the part in bold, I will not respect unfounded or plain stupid opinions. Someone who has not watched an episode but has somehow formulated the opinion that it is "bad", "terrible" or "not worth it" are kidding themselves. It's like a critic writing a review before watching the movie. its just nonsense

Plain stupid opinions in your opinion. What you will find is that people will agree or disagree with that assessment. Just as I may find your assessment and posts, plain and unfounded, and without merit, I respect your rights to posts your thoughts. Shouldn't you then afford someone else that same opportunity?

Let me ask you this. Have you ever looked in a TV guide and seen something you don't fancy watching even if you've never seen it? Do you chose a book based on the back cover as to whether you will like it or not. Do you not chose foods based on what you know you will like?

How do you chose which books to read? Based on recommendation? Based on the back covers of the books? Based on the authors? Aren't you doing the same thing then as people here? Making an assessment based on limited information about what you do and don't like? You know what your likes and dislikes are, so do you purposely go out of your way to try the same author that you hated, or try that food that you disliked before, just in case its changed?

How is this any different? I personally wouldn't go into an ep thread and discuss an ep I haven't seen because I couldn't debate my post, but this thread I can post in about it, because it's asking me a question. My main point is do you and those that have criticized do as I suggested above? Chose/Eat/Read something based on what your likes are? Or do you go out of your way and watch/eat/read something that you've passionately disliked based on previous experience?

Lucylee
November 23rd, 2008, 04:11 AM
Firstly, I never said that these "non-watchers" have no right to post in this thread, in truth, this is one of the rare instances where they can post even if they haven't watched the episode

First, we are not supposed to be criticizing other fans simply for expressing themselves, if you feel some one's opinion is out of bounds for this forum, please report them. But if you read the rules we are not supposed to be calling other people's opinions stupid, as that is completely and soley your own viewpoint about what constitutes stupidity. Many other people's mileage may vary.
Respecting the right to post an opinion also means not name-calling and bashing each other as fans for those opinions.

Second, if the CONCEPT of McKay and Keller together is something that you dislike, or the IDEA of shipping is not your cup of tea, why in heaven's name would you feel the compulsion to subject yourself to watching it?
What is wrong, then, with coming to this thread, which is it's stated purpose, and expressing yourself about it.

It will be nice to keep the harshness about each other out of this thread in order to provide a place for those who did not want to watch this particular episode, or wish they had not, to express their thoughts, as Repli!kat said.

bluealien
November 23rd, 2008, 04:15 AM

I think fans can certaintly form an opinion even if they havn't watched the episode.. They know enough about it and what it contains to make a decision as to whether they may like it. I really don't get why anyone would have a problem with that. This was a very specific episode featuring only 2 characters, not based on Atlantis and having ship featured quite heavily.. now if a fan is not particulary a fan of any of these scenariois then that alone is enough of a reason to decide not to watch.

I KNEW from before I watched that I wasn't going to enjoy this episode because it didn't have anything that I liked. I'm not a big fan of McKay and he just doesn't hold my interest at all outside the team interaction, I dislike Keller and the thoughts of romantic scenes between these two was just my worst nightmare... so why would I want to subject myself to something I have no interest in at all.

But anyway I DID watch and it was even worse than I anticpated... and I hated it for all the reasons I knew I would..... so why would anyone who is not fond of enduring a full episode of McKay or Keller or ship or geeky scientists waste their time watching..

But if I had been told before I watched it that it indeed just featured McKay/Keller, geeky scientists and a forced ship, then I would have avoided it like the plague.. the only reason I watched it was because I had hoped for a B story that would contain something that interested me...

Lythisrose
November 23rd, 2008, 04:49 AM
Firstly, I never said that these "non-watchers" have no right to post in this thread, in truth, this is one of the rare instances where they can post even if they haven't watched the episode

There is a popular saying (at least on T-shirts and in office cubicles) that goes something like this:
"Insanity is defined as doing something over and over again and expecting different results."
Therefore, IMHO, those people who know that they dislike a certain element of a show and decide not to watch it are demonstrating their sanity. They do not repeat an action that has had negative consequences in the past.

Part of the function of the human brain is that it allows us to learn. We take what we are told, what we discover through reading and observation, what we have experienced, process this information and form a judgement as to further action.
(There are some brain injuries that cause a person not to be able to form judgements based on past experience. These unfortunate people must be supervised because otherwise they would walk out into traffic or touch a hot stove repeatedly. They lack the ability to learn.)

The people who have decided not to watch this particular episode based on what they have learned in the past are making an intelligent decision based on their self-interest. I respect that.

DragonLadyK
November 23rd, 2008, 10:58 AM

Bill Nye was my childhood hero, so I had to see this ep. He was a real treat.

The McKeller stuff made me want to light Keller on fire even more than usual. If Bill Nye was not your childhood hero, it's a good thing you skipped.

DragonLady

Briangate78
November 23rd, 2008, 11:04 AM
I think fans can certaintly form an opinion even if they havn't watched the episode..

You are so right! SGU is going to be the worst series in the franchise and it will forever scar it, and people who are fans of SGA will be laughing at MGM and Stargate Production for making an idiotic decision to cancelling a great show to replace it with something they think will be different and more appealing. SGU is going to make the average person vomit and want to hit their head against the wall and perform an Exorcism on themselves to cast away the evil they have seen. What? Too graphic? Well that is how people are judging McKeller. ;)

Actually, I don't think that about SGU, but am still ticked it is replacing SGA. Oh well.

Pegasus_SGA
November 23rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
You are so right! SGU is going to be the worst series in the franchise and it will forever scar it, and people who are fans of SGA will be laughing at MGM and Stargate Production for making an idiotic decision to cancelling a great show to replace it with something they think will be different and more appealing. SGU is going to make the average person vomit and want to hit their head against the wall and perform an Exorcism on themselves to cast away the evil they have seen. What? Too graphic? Well that is how people are judging McKeller. ;)

Actually, I don't think that about SGU, but am still ticked it is replacing SGA. Oh well.
Not too graphic at all babes, you described McKeller to a tee. ;) :p :D

*iz very proud* :P

jelgate
November 23rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
Not too graphic at all babes, you described McKeller to a tee. ;) :p :D*iz very proud* :PStrange, I thought he was describing Shep whump:P

Pegasus_SGA
November 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Strange, I thought he was describing Shep whump:P
No babes, that would be Shep's head we'd want to hit against the wall. ;)

Briangate78
November 23rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Not too graphic at all babes, you described McKeller to a tee. ;) :p :D

*iz very proud* :P

Mckeller fan is not.

Pegasus_SGA
November 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Mckeller fan is not.
You'll get over it. ;) Sadly the non McKeller fans cannot erase those images that have been burned into our brains!! :eek:

jelgate
November 23rd, 2008, 11:22 AM
You'll get over it. ;) Sadly the non McKeller fans cannot erase those images that have been burned into our brains!! :eek:Just like I can not erase that image of Shep at the beginning TLT no matter how hard I try:P

Briangate78
November 23rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
You'll get over it. ;) Sadly the non McKeller fans cannot erase those images that have been burned into our brains!! :eek:

The last two eps before this were great. There has only been 3 eps that have been below par this season. So, I am still very happy with this season. I think the next 4 eps are going to be good. I am actually very curious about Vegas which will seems like a different twist of Stargate.

BTW, you are so right about Sheppard, Remnants would of been an excellent spring board for some really nice development for Sheppard. Oh well maybe season 6........oh wait, N/M! :S

Anyway we'll chat about that at another time. :p

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 11:28 AM

I know.....And i've tried :S Electric shock therapy, poking my eyes with burning hot pokers, bleach....And now all these sigs popping up with that horrendous scene at the end to keep reminding us all over again :S (and shut up Jel about goldfish :mckay: :p)

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *runs out thread screaming like a little girl*

Briangate78
November 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM

LOL, I'm glad next episode is going to have a lot of Teyla. :p Hate to see Linda screaming like that. :p

Pegasus_SGA
November 23rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Just like I can not erase that image of Shep at the beginning TLT no matter how hard I try:P

Re: Your bolded bit, What a coincidence? :P

The last two eps before this were great. There has only been 3 eps that have been below par this season. So, I am still very happy with this season. I think the next 4 eps are going to be good. I am actually very curious about Vegas which will seems like a different twist of Stargate.

BTW, you are so right about Sheppard, Remnants would of been an excellent spring board for some really nice development for Sheppard. Oh well maybe season 6........oh wait, N/M! :S

Anyway we'll chat about that at another time. :p

I'm just bitter and twisted at the moment and peeved off that once more no team!!! Instead we just got 2 characters.... *growl*

No doubt i'll meet you somewhere on the board... here's hoping that Vegas is good, but at the moment, i've not got much hope.

I know.....And i've tried :S Electric shock therapy, poking my eyes with burning hot pokers, bleach....And now all these sigs popping up with that horrendous scene at the end to keep reminding us all over again :S (and shut up Jel about goldfish :mckay: :p)

Poor you having to suffer through that... http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/1.gif

Goldfish? Dare I ask? :lol:

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 11:39 AM
LOL, I'm glad next episode is going to have a lot of Teyla. :p Hate to see Linda screaming like that. :p

:mckay: I hate to see Linda screaming like that too :p

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 11:40 AM

I'm just bitter and twisted at the moment and peeved off that once more no team!!! Instead we just got 2 characters.... *growl*

No doubt i'll meet you somewhere on the board... here's hoping that Vegas is good, but at the moment, i've not got much hope.

It was beyond awful :S A lobotonmy would have been more fun :S

hehe...Ask Jel ;)

Briangate78
November 23rd, 2008, 11:42 AM

I think Vegas will be a good Sheppard ep. But we shall see.

:mckay: I hate to see Linda screaming like that too :p

Did you just refer to yourself in the third person? :D :p

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
Did you just refer to yourself in the third person? :D :p

:eek: I've been hanging around Jel waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much :S ;)

jelgate
November 23rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
It was beyond awful :S A lobotonmy would have been more fun :Shehe...Ask Jel ;):eek:I am totally innocent*adjusts halo*

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
:eek:I am totally innocent*adjusts halo*

:weiranime33: Who is it that keeps referring me to a goldfish :mckay: :p

CazzBlade
November 23rd, 2008, 12:15 PM

Brian? :eek: How did you get in my head??

Blencathra
November 23rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
The only way I can watch this bloody awful trash is to watch it in chunks of about 3 minutes. Then I have to turn it off and down something alcoholic before I can carry on.

Linda - if I come round to your house, do you think you could do that removing brain & eyeballs & scrubbing with bleach thing for me?

jelgate
November 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
:weiranime33: Who is it that keeps referring me to a goldfish :mckay: :pFoXz:P

Fenrir Foxz
November 23rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
FoXz:P

Lies! That was you. :p

Briangate78
November 23rd, 2008, 12:50 PM
The only way I can watch this bloody awful trash is to watch it in chunks of about 3 minutes. Then I have to turn it off and down something alcoholic before I can carry on.

Same could be said about reading this forum. :D I'm getting intoxicated as you read this. :D

Blencathra
November 23rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
:D I bet my bottle is bigger than your bottle. :D

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 12:54 PM

Linda - if I come round to your house, do you think you could do that removing brain & eyeballs & scrubbing with bleach thing for me?

Aye sure...*wanders off to get hot poker and bleach ready* :D

FoXz:P

So who was it again that posted a pic of a goldfish on my profile page :mckay: :p

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 12:54 PM

:rolleyes: Geez will you two get a room already :p

Rickington
November 23rd, 2008, 12:56 PM

:beckettanime14: ...

Briangate78
November 23rd, 2008, 01:00 PM

Hey it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it. ;)

*That is what Mckay said to Keller in a deleted scene in the plane* :D

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 01:06 PM

:eek: Ok TMI :S

Briangate78
November 23rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
:eek: Ok TMI :S

I wonder if they served Peanuts on that flight. :p

jelgate
November 23rd, 2008, 01:13 PM

So who was it again that posted a pic of a goldfish on my profile page :mckay: :p

Still sounds like something FoXz would do:P

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM
I wonder if they served Peanuts on that flight. :p

:mckay: *hits Brian with a fish* :p

Unless FoXy has changed his name to Jelgate I somehow don't think it was him :mckay: :p

Rickington
November 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM

Whoa! TMI. http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9557/house25qs3.gif

Lorr
November 23rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
I watched it and kind of wish I hadn't. As I have said on another thread, BS was every high school geek's wet dream.

I love Rodney and like the Keller character, and I love both DH & JS. I don't even mind the ship. It's just they have kind of taken over to the detriment of the team. Keller's been given lines that were much more suitable for other characters, sometimes to the point of being absurd. It has spoiled the character, and to some extent, the show for me. I just cringe now when she is in any episode.

Fenrir Foxz
November 23rd, 2008, 01:17 PM

Sure, we all know that is the kind of thing you'd do. :p

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Whoa! TMI. http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9557/house25qs3.gif

:lol: Ok I love that smiley!

Blencathra
November 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM

Linda, there was a bit of a line outside you house for the brain scrubbing...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3008/3053530421_072b614225_o.jpg

Is it OK for me to queue jump?

I suppose she would need a lot of reassurance after she'd had a gander. :S

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Linda, there was a bit of a line outside you house for the brain scrubbing...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3008/3053530421_072b614225_o.jpg

Is it OK for me to queue jump?

:eek: Holy smokes...I'll be here for the rest of the year :S Och well, who needs sleep anyways :p

Aye sure...Just tell them you're from pest control ;)

Falcon Horus
November 23rd, 2008, 02:13 PM
I wish I could spare myself another trip to the psychologist of my dreams and not watch this episode, but a trip to my favorite office it will be without a doubt.

Though I'll be needing a straightjacket for I fear it's even worse than the Irr's in season 3.

s09119
November 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
I actually really liked this episode. It was smart, funny, and had great character moments, not to mention we finally see Rodney "get the girl."

So what if you don't like Keller (which is either due to your liking Beckett more or the way she was written in Season 4)? This episode was all about Rodney finally realizing that he is, in fact, worthy of standing alongside his peers, and that he, too, can find happiness in something other than physics. Keller wasn't trying to be his mother, she was trying to show him that it isn't always about being right. And in the end, McKay showed her that some people are just the way they are, and she ends up accepting that even if she can't change Rodney, she'd still rather be with him than anyone else.

If you don't like McKeller (I'm not even a fan of it, personally, but they're growing on me), stop with the "OMG this episode was so Keller-y I'm never gonna watch it!" Seriously, instead of whining about how the two of them *adult alert* kissed, why not be happy for Rodney? This is the first woman who actually cares about him enough to put aside her dislike of his attitude, after all.

This is our last season of Atlantis, and people are hollering that they'll boycott this episode because two lonely people found love. How old are we, again, and since when is the geek finally getting his day a bag thing?

Falcon Horus
November 23rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
This is the first woman who actually cares about him enough to put aside her dislike of his attitude, after all.

Yes, because you know Katie didn't do that ... :rolleyes:

Also - you're OT. :p

Cautious Explorer
November 23rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
I actually really liked this episode. It was smart, funny, and had great character moments, not to mention we finally see Rodney "get the girl."

So what if you don't like Keller (which is either due to your liking Beckett more or the way she was written in Season 4)? This episode was all about Rodney finally realizing that he is, in fact, worthy of standing alongside his peers, and that he, too, can find happiness in something other than physics. Keller wasn't trying to be his mother, she was trying to show him that it isn't always about being right. And in the end, McKay showed her that some people are just the way they are, and she ends up accepting that even if she can't change Rodney, she'd still rather be with him than anyone else.

If you don't like McKeller (I'm not even a fan of it, personally, but they're growing on me), stop with the "OMG this episode was so Keller-y I'm never gonna watch it!" Seriously, instead of whining about how the two of them *adult alert* kissed, why not be happy for Rodney? This is the first woman who actually cares about him enough to put aside her dislike of his attitude, after all.

This is our last season of Atlantis, and people are hollering that they'll boycott this episode because two lonely people found love. How old are we, again, and since when is the geek finally getting his day a bag thing?

Well, see there's half the problem. It was all about Rodney. Again. And Keller, who I don't have any liking for either. So, no there's not much consolation in being happy for Rodney. I'd rather be happy for Sheppard, Teyla and Ronon completing a successful mission. Or happy for me finally seeing a good team episode again.

Blencathra
November 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Now I love Keller. I adore her. I am the main poster on the Pro Jewel/Keller thread and I didn't like this episode.

I would rather french kiss a plague ridden leper with breath like a camel than see any part of this episode ever again.

Linda06
November 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
Now I love Keller. I adore her. I am the main poster on the Pro Jewel/Keller thread and I didn't like this episode.

I would rather french kiss a plague ridden leper with breath like a camel than see any part of this episode ever again.

:eek: http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_347.gif Ok will you please stop before I hurt myself with laughing so much :S :p

jelgate
November 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Now I love Keller.?* I adore her.?* I am the main poster on the Pro Jewel/Keller thread and I didn't like this episode.?* I would rather french kiss a plague ridden leper with breath like a camel than see any part of this episode ever again.I sense a Ship War:P

*hides in underground bunker*

s09119
November 23rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Yes, because you know Katie didn't do that ... :rolleyes:

Also - you're OT. :p

Yes, but Katie was then shipped away because she wasn't hot enough, so for TPTB's sake, she doesn't exist...

And I'm perfectly on-topic... the thread is about why fans won't watch this episode, and I'm providing a counter-argument as to why they should :)

Skydiver
November 23rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
You know, i'm not seeing much here that can't go into the episode discussion thread