PDA

View Full Version : McKay & Keller...and a plane

mlarke
November 21st, 2008, 06:15 PM
Way to go Rodney, good work on joining that exclusive, and elusive group.

The Mile High Club.

Briangate78
November 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM
:p :p :p

The6thRace
November 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM
What do they call the club when its done in space? I'm sure Rodney and Jennifer will do something aboard the Daedalus on the long trip home.

mlarke
November 21st, 2008, 06:21 PM
What do they call the club when its done in space? I'm sure Rodney and Jennifer will do something aboard the Daedalus on the long trip home.

Hmm...interesting.

The Lightyear club perhaps.

I'm not really all that imaginative so have fun with it.

Pandora's_Box
November 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
WOOHOOO!!!!

Who'd have thought Jennifer would go there?!

Who'd have thought Rodney would get it and agree?!

Who'd have thought TPTB would acually go there??!!!!

Lythisrose
November 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
Barf :S
Young (and middle aged) People F******
courtesy of Martin Gero

Ezi_May
November 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
How about the hyperspace club? lol

Starsaber
November 21st, 2008, 06:30 PM

They might have to think of a term for it themselves since I doubt anyone else from Earth would have at this point. Intergalactic Club maybe?

the fifth man
November 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM
Rodney's face when he got it was priceless!

Yeah, it totally was. I'm actually pretty happy for the two of them. And not just about them joining the Mile High Club.:D

Alteran of Atlantis
November 21st, 2008, 06:35 PM
:p :p :p

:lol: I thought that was funny! And McKay's face was priceless!

SerenaSerenity
November 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
LOL Yes, it was hilarious. The look on his face, the fact she suggested it. All that was just funny. Good for them all the same. *nod nod*

TragicComedy
November 21st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Yeah I'm totally happy for them too. I guess I'm one of the few that find them adorable together. I thought all the shippyness was great.

Briangate78
November 21st, 2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah the expression was hilarious. :p

Rac80
November 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
I have one word:
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

That was a very crass ending! Who wants to bet me that in Identity we discover jenn was switched out for the trashy thief before this ep? ;)

Alteran of Atlantis
November 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah I'm totally happy for them too. I guess I'm one of the few that find them adorable together. I thought all the shippyness was great.

Cheers to that! I consider myself part of that group, too!

Pandora's_Box
November 21st, 2008, 06:49 PM

There are more than a few! :D

StargateHERO
November 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM
There are more than a few! :D

that's true:D there are a ton of us!!!!!!!

Earthgate Ricky
November 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM
:mckayanime01: hey, Ronon

:ronananime28: hey?

:mckayanime22: I made it!

:ronananime28: what you did?

:mckayanime01: I made out with Dr. Keller in plane.

:ronananime25: What?!?

:mckay09: I win, you lose!

:ronon: <growling>

:mckay09:(song) I win and you lose as my brain rules over your muscles!

:ronananime01: wanna fight?

:mckayanime17: go ahe...

:beckettanime09: Hey, what's new?

:mckayanime22::ronananime28: nothin' just football talk( they walked away)

:beckettanime14:

Eyeofra
November 21st, 2008, 07:29 PM
:mckayanime01: hey, Ronon

:ronananime28: hey?

:ronananime28: what you did?

:mckayanime01: I made out with Dr. Keller in plane.

:mckay09:(song) I win and you lose as my brain rules over your muscles!

:ronananime01: wanna fight?

:mckayanime17: go ahe...

:mckayanime22::ronananime28: nothin' just football talk( they walked away)

lol

BubblingOverWithIdeas
November 21st, 2008, 07:35 PM
There are a lot of things people can do without actually having sex and I'm sure they did a lot of those things before they got to the penetration part, if they did get to it. Com without actually shuk-ing (Angel reference), you know.

jcbass62290
November 21st, 2008, 09:21 PM
and here i was hoping i'd end up with Jewel. Bummer lol

Thor_1980
November 21st, 2008, 09:23 PM
What a great choice, Dr Keeeeeeeller.

Nadji
November 22nd, 2008, 03:06 AM
Way to go Rodney, good work on joining that exclusive, and elusive group.

The Mile High Club.

lol come on guys lets not jump to conclusions, keep in mind it was the end of their 'first date' ;).

ykickamoocow
November 22nd, 2008, 03:10 AM
lol come on guys lets not jump to conclusions, keep in mind it was the end of their 'first date' ;).

Which makes it even more impressive. If you can get to 3rd base in the first date then you are either extremely lucky or extremely good with women :D

AutumnDream
November 22nd, 2008, 03:11 AM
It is pretty disgusting for me, a beautiful young rock'n'roller, to watch a 40 year old kissing such a pretty girl. I mean, go McKay, but... gods I'm jealous.

olpmcg
November 22nd, 2008, 05:02 AM
First ewwwww

second. Does anyone else see the parallelism to Firefly/Serenity. Now Keller even sounds like Kaylee! I hope this gets squashed, i rely wanted Keller to end up with Ronon :ronan:

Maybe McKay will die or something! Srry but i don't like McKay...

freyr's mother
November 22nd, 2008, 06:29 AM
So they kissed on screen. Were we supposed to infer from that and what keller said that they were going to scissor? If such is the case, i cannot believe he ****ed on the first date. Last i checked the stargate franchise wasnt owned by disney.

McSwift
November 22nd, 2008, 07:40 AM
Few things to say:

1) I'm a Physics Nerd myself. I hope I wind up with a hottie someday like Dr. Keller

2) This episode made me laugh so hard - Physics conventions and all

3) Who doesn't like Bill Nye the Science Guy?

Haha

Pandora's_Box
November 22nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
2) This episode made me laugh so hard - Physics conventions and all

Something wacky always happens at a physics convention. I guess "freeze lightening" counts as wacky?

Thermonuclearboy
November 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
3) Who doesn't like Bill Nye the Science Guy?

::raises hand::

::dives for cover::

Commander Aegir
November 22nd, 2008, 01:42 PM
I have to say that I have been waiting for two characters to say "I love you" without being under alien influence or from another galaxy or dimension.

fishman550
November 22nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
wouldn't the space equivalent of the mile high club be like the <number> lightyear club? mile high club is named because of the height (not an exact height obviously) above the ground, so... if you're from earth, which they are, it'd be the 200 lightyear club for example, wouldn't it?

Rac80
November 22nd, 2008, 03:12 PM
First ewwwww

second. Does anyone else see the parallelism to Firefly/Serenity. Now Keller even sounds like Kaylee! I hope this gets squashed, i rely wanted Keller to end up with Ronon :ronan:

Maybe McKay will die or something! Srry but i don't like McKay...
I agree with the ewwww and mckay makes me want to
http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sick/sick0021.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-animated-smileys.php) frequently! EVERYTIME he opens his mouth... I hit the mute! can't stand the whining!

::raises hand::

::dives for cover::

me too! must be an age thing... my daughter in her twenties thinks he is funny (she watched him as a kid) I think he is annoying! :S

JoshuaJSlone
November 23rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
I don't know about in the generic, but in this specific instance I'd go for "completing the McKay-Keller Intergalactic Gate Bridge".

GateFanTLH
November 23rd, 2008, 10:38 AM
I'm just glad their together, and I too have been waiting for some characters to say I love you. Didnt care who, but being that it was Rodney and Jennifer made it an extra bonus. And as far as what happened on the plane who knows what happened I mean it was just their first date. :)

Briangate78
November 23rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Snakes on a plane? :confused:

stargate_princess_8
November 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
I was really happy when those to finally got together. Jennifer brings out the best in Rodney, you can see that really well in this episode. He's found something that's as important to him as science, if not more important. Honestly, when they started with the McKay/Keller idea i had my doubts, but they are adorible. and go Rodney for getting the girl! I'm glad she didn't chose Ronon... what kind of relationship would that have been. McKay and Keller are going to be great together.

My vote is Intergalactic Club.

SoulReaver
November 23rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
I don't know about in the generic, but in this specific instance I'd go for "completing the McKay-Keller Intergalactic Gate Bridge".yeah I bet he couldn't wait to enter her stargate

SerenaSerenity
November 24th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I have to agree in saying that I can't see Jennifer with Ronon. I don't know why. I mean, I'm all for opposites attract, like with Daniel/Vala. But for some reason, I just can't see those two being good together like Daniel and Vala. *nod nod*

But I do see her with Rodney. And the episode made it real adorable too. I loved it, but that's of course my own personal opinion. *nod nod*

randomguy
November 24th, 2008, 08:09 PM
1) I'm a Physics Nerd myself. I hope I wind up with a hottie someday like Dr. Keller

first of all, if all you do is hope, then thats all your ever going to do

secondly, its obviously called the million mile high club....

Major V1125
November 24th, 2008, 09:41 PM
:mckayanime01: Hey, ronon

:ronananime28: Hey?

:ronananime28: What you did?

:mckayanime01: I made out with dr. Keller in plane.

:mckay09:(song) i win and you lose as my brain rules over your muscles!

:ronananime01: Wanna fight?

:mckayanime17: Go ahe...

:mckayanime22::ronananime28: Nothin' just football talk( they walked away)

lmao
XD

tar21
November 25th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Ronon is based on the 1980's scifi hero. He's like a tribute to video game heroes. He's a Duke Nukem light. A Duke Nukem like character with more character development.

Keller and Ronon was just put in the series so the nerd would have to compete against the big jock. Don't you remember when Shepard time flipped into the future? Basically established that Rodney and Keller were cosmic soulmate couple. All their buds died. They became ultra close. McKay never stopped greaving and became obsessed with fixing the past. That whole episode is why Keller+Ronon was just there as a "speed bump." The episode made the McKay/Keller romance "epic." Her death made him obsessed and so he embarked on some epic quest that would span thousands of years past his own demise. That is why you get the reaction from Shepard when he sees McKay and Keller together. He's like... "hot darn... wow they were really that into each other. McKay devised his greatest plan ever after she passed away. He really missed her that much? Wow!"

Back to Ronon... Ronon should either be surrounded by a ton of trashy "babes" in bikinis that he kind of has no interest in or matched with the naive alien girl that's really "easy" that he won't take advantage of, the ice cold hard-to-get female soldier, female villain that constantly torments him and his friends, or some chick so pure and so saintly she makes angels sing and makes Ronon doubt his worth. That's how it usually works in anime, scifi, comics. The rough dude always gets the really naive chicks, the villains, the softspoken prudes, or the tough prudes.

Ikaros
November 25th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Stargate fans are complaining for ages that Tptb never "go there', never get their heroes together in a romantic way.Now that they have "gonne there' people complain, about age difference etc.
It's like kids complaining to daddy about not getting them a bike, and when they get it, they complain about it not beeing red..........;/

FallenAngelII
November 25th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Stargate fans are complaining for ages that Tptb never "go there', never get their heroes together in a romantic way.
Not really. Many of us have complained about how they have tried to go there and failed and how they never go there but throw in tons and tons of hints and AU-"Go there" to frustrate us and annoy us. If you're going to "go there", go there. If you aren't, stop throwing in "go theres" for every AU there is.

Many fans don't want them to go there at all because past precedence has shown the PTB are incapable of writing good romantic ships. The ships over the years have been either contrived or clichéd. And lo and behold, we were right. Horrible, horrible ship.

Did you see any romantic chemistry whatsoever? Because I certainly didn't. Also, horribly written and almost nothing on-screen. A few tender moments and then we're supposed to think they've been in love with each other for a very long time. The entire McKeller thing feels tacked on most of the time.

ykickamoocow
November 25th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Stargate fans are complaining for ages that Tptb never "go there', never get their heroes together in a romantic way.Now that they have "gonne there' people complain, about age difference etc.
It's like kids complaining to daddy about not getting them a bike, and when they get it, they complain about it not beeing red..........;/

Agreed.

Also i find it amazing that some people believe that the last scene wasnt suitable for children because of the sexual reference. The Simpsons is a childrens programme and they have a million more sexual references than Stargate does and that is perfectly fine for children.

I am a firm believer that you shouldnt hide children from the world. Sure them watching sex scenes at 8 years old wouldnt be appropriate but having them watch a programme with the occasional sexual reference shouldnt be a problem at all.

FallenAngelII
November 25th, 2008, 05:45 AM
The Simpsons is a childrens programme and they have a million more sexual references than Stargate does and that is perfectly fine for children.
No it's not. Please find me a single (credible) source which calls it a children's show.

Dwparsnip
November 25th, 2008, 05:50 AM
No it's not.

Fair enough. Another way to say what I think ykick was trying to say is that there are programs out there that children have access to and are on at times when children are watching TV that have sexual references or inferences in them.

But I may be wrong.:)

FallenAngelII
November 25th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Fair enough. Another way to say what I think ykick was trying to say is that there are programs out there that children have access to and are on at times when children are watching TV that have sexual references or inferences in them.
Yes, but "Stargate Atlantis" is supposedly a family show. It's targeted at children (among others).

"The Simpsons", not so much (what with most episodes being rated Teen or any variation of such). You cannot scrub the airwaves of anything remotely "anti-children" until such a time all little kiddies have gone to sleep because then we'd have really boring TV up 'til 10 P.M.

Ikaros
November 25th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Not really. Many of us have complained about how they have tried to go there and failed and how they never go there but throw in tons and tons of hints and AU-"Go there" to frustrate us and annoy us. If you're going to "go there", go there. If you aren't, stop throwing in "go theres" for every AU there is.
I'll agree to that.Torturing people in any way isn't good. It can easily get really annoying. Like it did with Sam and Jack.

Many fans don't want them to go there at all because past precedence has shown the PTB are incapable of writing good romantic ships. The ships over the years have been either contrived or clichéd. And lo and behold, we were right. Horrible, horrible ship.
Sam -Jack, not a horrible ship.Just a horrible thing they never got them together.
Daniel -Vala, not a horrible ship either.
Mckay-Keller, i'll have to disagree with you.They 're great together.

Did you see any romantic chemistry whatsoever? Because I certainly didn't. Also, horribly written and almost nothing on-screen. A few tender moments and then we're supposed to think they've been in love with each other for a very long time. The entire McKeller thing feels tacked on most of the time.
Romantic can be a word, a look, a touch, even an innocent touch. What do you mean "romantic"?
It was "romantic" that Keller went to Mckay to ask for help in order to save Elizabeth,She trusted him. Trust can be a very romantic thing:)
A word of comfort can be very romantic to..like "what she deserved was a nice guy... like you".

Dwparsnip
November 25th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Yes, but "Stargate Atlantis" is supposedly a family show. It's targeted at children (among others).

"The Simpsons", not so much (what with most episodes being rated Teen or any variation of such). You cannot scrub the airwaves of anything remotely "anti-children" until such a time all little kiddies have gone to sleep because then we'd have really boring TV up 'til 10 P.M.

Stargate, in either incarnation be it Atlantis or SG-1 is hardly what I'd call a show fit for children. There has been more than enough death, destruction, monsters and so on that makes it unfit for children. I watch it on Space in Canada and they even have the usual "This program may contain scenes of violence not suitable for some viewer...etc"

I would suggest that people (young people) old enough to deal with that would be able to handle what we saw in "Brain Storm", which by the way is much less than you'd find on a standard soap opera show, in the middle of the day.

But I'm rambling....again.

FallenAngelII
November 25th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Sam -Jack, not a horrible ship.Just a horrible thing they never got them together.
Daniel -Vala, not a horrible ship either.
Mckay-Keller, i'll have to disagree with you.They 're great together.
Let me rephrase that. I didn't mean to say horrible ship. I meant to say:
Horribly handled ship

McKeller is the least well written out of all three, which is quite damning considering its competition.

FallenAngelII
November 25th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Stargate, in either incarnation be it Atlantis or SG-1 is hardly what I'd call a show fit for children. There has been more than enough death, destruction, monsters and so on that makes it unfit for children. I watch it on Space in Canada and they even have the usual "This program may contain scenes of violence not suitable for some viewer...etc"
It's a supposedly "family friendly show", IIRC. And in the U.S., death and destruction are eclipsed greatly by sex on the "But will someone think of the children?"-meter. Of course, by "children" in this case, I'm not talking about 5 yearolds. 10+s. And in the U.S., they frown at kids below 14 even knowing about sex.

I would suggest that people (young people) old enough to deal with that would be able to handle what we saw in "Brain Storm", which by the way is much less than you'd find on a standard soap opera show, in the middle of the day.
And what are little children doing in the middle of the day? That's right, going to school. What are children doing at 8 P.M. at night? That's right, watching TV.

Dwparsnip
November 25th, 2008, 08:39 AM
It's a supposedly "family friendly show", IIRC. And in the U.S., death and destruction are eclipsed greatly by sex on the "But will someone think of the children?"-meter. Of course, by "children" in this case, I'm not talking about 5 yearolds. 10+s. And in the U.S., they frown at kids below 14 even knowing about sex.

I'm sure the first question on people's minds when some unbalanced or otherwise disturbed teen takes a gun into a school and goes on a rampage is "Did he/she see too much sexual innuendo on TV?" But that's another debate I suppose.

And what are little children doing in the middle of the day? That's right, going to school. What are children doing at 8 P.M. at night? That's right, watching TV.

I'll be sure to mention that to my 2 year old, and my nine year old when she has two months off from school this summer.

And for the record, with time zones being the way they are, multiple cable/satellite channels and so on, you can turn on the TV any time of the day and see something.

I'm not even sure what we're debating anymore to tell you the truth. What was wrong with what was in 'Brain Storm'?

All they did was kiss. I kiss my wife, occasionally...does that make me a bad influence on my daughters?

And if any children watching the episode, which I believe came on relatively late on Friday night in the US, were able to catch and understand the suggestive eyebrow tweak of Jennifer Keller, they know a lot more than anyone gives them credit for.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong if they do, that's up to individual parents in my opinion.

TameFarrar
November 25th, 2008, 01:32 PM
FAII...personally I am gonna have to say you and many who say *mile high* whatever are seriously reaching on this one. I am about as perverted as they come and revel in word play and innuendo as often as I can :) and even I didn't even remotely get anything more out of this episode and specifically this scene then two folks that were giddy and excited about knowing they had found out they love each other and were gonna do some major kissing.

I truly believe that if more was read into it...it seriously is is because you or whomever has decided it was that way.

Anon
November 25th, 2008, 01:34 PM
tame, i think they did more than kiss, a lot more..........
ill stop there

Muh_tuttles
November 25th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I'm with Tame on this one. I doubt anything else apart from the major kissing happened. Meh, maybe on the Daedalus going back home, but nah, this was probably just snuggling and kissing. :)

Go Rodney :D:D:D:D:D He's so awesome and he finally got the girl he wanted!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

FallenAngelII
November 25th, 2008, 01:52 PM
FAII...personally I am gonna have to say you and many who say *mile high* whatever are seriously reaching on this one. I am about as perverted as they come and revel in word play and innuendo as often as I can :) and even I didn't even remotely get anything more out of this episode and specifically this scene then two folks that were giddy and excited about knowing they had found out they love each other and were gonna do some major kissing.

I truly believe that if more was read into it...it seriously is is because you or whomever has decided it was that way.
I respectfully disagree. Why would they coyly refer to it as "that"? And why would Rodney ask "What, really?" (or whatever he said) After all, they'd already kissed before.

You know, you had me worried there for a second that called you a right-wing religious whack job. Looking back at my post, I don't think I did.
No, those are my words.

That is true. I've been looking for a demographics breakdown of Atlantis or SG-1, but all I could find was a reference to SG-1's audience being an older group.
Yes, but soaps are not written to be family friendly. You can have a specific target audience and still make the show friendly to everyone. Soaps are not such shows. They are specifically written for older people and are not even meant to be viewed by children.

Which I suppose would be an interesting place for me to ask you why it is that you think SG-1 and Atlantis are "family oriented" shows? Nothing on either's websites, for example, that describes the show as something the whole family could or should watch.
I said that IIRC. I added "IIRC" to indicate that I wasn't sure and that people are free to refute that statement if they can find evidence for it.

Again I ask, where is it written that it's supposed to be family friendly? And who would let their kids watch a show like it if they weren't old enough to understand death and destruction, and yes, sex.
I'm sorry, do you have children? If so, do you keep an eye on them at all hours of the day, making sure they never watch anything on TV they're not supposed to see? And also, would you be fast-thinking enough to realize when sex is being talked about and immediately switch the channel, ignoring the fact that the damage would already have been done?

However, the "family friendly"-part is obviously up for debate.

Also, this is the United States we're talking about. Death ranks several levels below sex on the scale of what's not OK. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" featured death and violence in every single episode. In one episode, Buffy and Spike had sex. That one episode received numerous complaints. Almost all other episodes were aired without any complaints.

Also, death =/= sex. Death is something you can encounter at a young age. A grandparent might die and you would have to be able to understand what happens after death. Sex? Not very suitable for small children.

That said, I'm not a prude. I'm just saying, small children can learn about death. Sex? Not so much. If you know about death, you'll know not to kill people. If you know about sex, you might have sex and get pregnant. My point is that it's less inappropriate to learn about death than sex at a young age.

I'm curious...does scifi have a warming at the beginning of its broadcast warning of possibly unsuitable content?
No, they do not. They just have age ratings.