This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Races and enemies from SG1/SGA

So I really hope we get to see brand new stories in sgu but I think it would be great if it somehow integrated itself with the other 2 shows. Maybe we get to see some dealings with the Jaffa or Genii (sp?) One of the things that bothered me about atlantis was that it didn't seem to accomplish what they set out to do. They all but forgot about anything happening on Earth. Wasn't the whole reason they went there to get new tech. and allies to help against the gould? Anyone else want there to be more integration with earth and atlantis?

Well, I'm sure had they not awakened all the Wraith and got their hands full with all that trouble, then yeah there would have been much more interaction. This also would have been true had they found more ZPM's or if Midway hadn't gone boom. Not that it would have mattered much in the long run because Earth dealt with the Goa'uld and the Reps with no mentionedl help from Atlantis.

Atlantis' early power issues and the Wraith and the lack of fast ship transport between galaxies marginalized their ability to help with anything other than understanding Ancient tech and history better.
    sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

yeah i would like to see some more intergrated eps and some races to come along like a jaffa on the team that goes to the ship that would be cool lol but dont see it happening but i would like to see furlings and tollens
      Captain Simms

Comment

I wish we would have seen some Jaffa or Tokra in Atlantis. I think it would have been awesome if the Daedulus towed a Ha'tak Jaffa vessel (the way Thor towed the Prometheus) to the Pegasus galaxy. Then to see them help fight off 1 or 2 Hives. I know the Ha'tak would stand no chance alone but with our help it might survive. Ah how the tables have turned. I think if we got all the Jaffa, Tokra, and now peaceful Ori vessels together the Wraith would be dust. Build our own supergate with a permanent one way (black hole tied gate) connection to Pegasus.

What do you think would have happend if Replicator Sam had met up with the Pegasus replicators. She was more about being all powerful and ruling. Do you think she would have fought against them or tried to bring them down? They were pretty pacive until their attack code was activated. They didn't seem to have as much multi-tasking. They pretty much just had one -objective at once.

Comment

I think that the Pegasus Replicators would more than likely take RepliCarter down. Mostly due to their sheer numbers. She's one human form Milky Way replicator against a entire planet or Ancient designed and built Human Forms. Even with her buggy pals I think the Asurans could develop weapons and keep them useful faster than she could adapt her brethren.

I'll just be happy if there are no bugs in Universe. It would just ruin everything for me instantly. I mean I've heard of cultures and civilizations inventing the same thing at roughly the same time, but replicators in every galaxy. That's be enough to make Thor cry.
          sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjadoom View Post
            Anyone else want there to be more integration with earth and atlantis?
            Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't that be impossible simply from the premise of the show, which is that the cast is completely and totally cut off from Earth.
            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
            - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
            - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
            - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
              Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't that be impossible simply from the premise of the show, which is that the cast is completely and totally cut off from Earth.
              It may not be necessary to actually see Earth or Atlantis, references to either one or both may be enough to tie things together. The military members of SGU may have knowledge of SGC or Atlantis. Perhaps serving at either station.
              sigpic

Comment

Ninjadoom makes a good point though, in the beginning the premise of the show might have been that they are cut off from Earth, but as we have seen that is no longer the issue. When the Atlantis crew set out, the plan was indeed to seek out new technology to defend earth from any threat. On the other hand, we could not have hoped to know that there was a race of beings in the PG who suck the life force out of people for food. Its all relative really, we cant expect them to fulfill their mission when they have new problems on their hands.
                "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
                "Yes, I was there."
                "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
                "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
                "No I was chus wondring"
                "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

Comment

Working...
                X