early indications of the asgard passing on the technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early indications of the asgard passing on the technology

i woul dhave searched for a similar post but meh....

there have been several posts on conicidental occurences in stargate that for some reason people believed were planned from the start....anyway

In 1969 when SG-1 travel to the future near the end and meet up with Cassandra, she opens the stargate by using a device which instantaneously opens the stargate in a kind circular swipe, which is like how Thor does in Small Victories (and the nox in Enigma)

And i am aware that the creators, writers etc did NOT plan this from the beginning....

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    i woul dhave searched for a similar post but meh....

there have been several posts on conicidental occurences in stargate that for some reason people believed were planned from the start....anyway

In 1969 when SG-1 travel to the future near the end and meet up with Cassandra, she opens the stargate by using a device which instantaneously opens the stargate in a kind circular swipe, which is like how Thor does in Small Victories (and the nox in Enigma)

And i am aware that the creators, writers etc did NOT plan this from the beginning....
    i think aphopis just it also in the first sg-1 episode

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
      It is possible but no one knows how apothis opened the gate in the first episode it was never shown.

As for cassandra well perhaps it was asgard technology or maybe another alien technology it cant really be confirmed one way or another. good thought though

Comment

that is not true he signaled to tealc to reactivate the gate. if he had that technology, why didn't he use it in any other epi because it woould have made him look more godly if he could open it without touching the dhd.

the closest gould tec that we have seen for wireless dialing is the device that baal used in continuum.

Comment

I think they said that it indeed was a wireless dialer, but was discontinued later on when the Goa'uld were more fleshed out.

One of the many "oops" that we are suppose to pay no mention to.
          Visit my Website

Comment

All he would have needed is as power sauce-he probably used his flashy jewelery thingy-The Kara'kesh I believes.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
              It is possible but no one knows how apothis opened the gate in the first episode it was never shown.

As for cassandra well perhaps it was asgard technology or maybe another alien technology it cant really be confirmed one way or another. good thought though
              well the nox just it aswell

Comment

It could even be a device that the Ancients shared with the other members of the Great Alliance or perhaps something they all designed together.

I guess the reason they gave Cassandra one of those dialing devices is to show how advanced the Human race had become and if you recall this was after the episode The Fifth Race and the Asgard in that episode had already said to O'Neill the we had "taken the first step to becoming 'the fifth race'" which while our future relationship with the Asgards or them giving us all of their knowledge may not have been planned still may have been used to indicate a link to them in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                  It could even be a device that the Ancients shared with the other members of the Great Alliance or perhaps something they all designed together.

I guess the reason they gave Cassandra one of those dialing devices is to show how advanced the Human race had become and if you recall this was after the episode The Fifth Race and the Asgard in that episode had already said to O'Neill the we had "taken the first step to becoming 'the fifth race'" which while our future relationship with the Asgards or them giving us all of their knowledge may not have been planned still may have been used to indicate a link to them in some way.
                  how to you know that the asgard sharde it it whould be more likely that the ancient whould have done it but then on the other hand we have never seen them haveing it before

Comment

how to you know that the asgard sharde it it whould be more likely that the ancient whould have done it but then on the other hand we have never seen them haveing it before
                    The Ancients were ascended and have been since long before we became a presence in the gate network and the only members of their race that have descended have never shared technology like that device with our people.
                    When I said "they gave Cassandra one of those devices" I meant the writers of the show.
                    But in the actual Stargate universe's history technically the Asgard did give us that technology as they gave us all of their knowledge in their legacy which probably has that device in it's database so we could probably use the matter converters on board the Odyssey to make at least one.

Comment

well the nox just it aswell

Nox where one of the four great races, stands to reason they could have a simular kind of technology to opening a stargate like the asgard

Comment

Working...
                      X