This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what weapons will they use when they run out of ammo

Since the team will be completely cut off from earth what will happen when they inevitably run out of ammo, unless the have some smaller version of the X-699 (I say smaller because that giant plasma bazooka from continuum would just be silly), or maybe the writers will create their biggest plot-hole yet the infinite P-90 clip.

I've thought of this many times before. They'll probably have some sort of replication technology like in Star Trek, so all they have to do is replicate P-90 ammo or something. Come to think of it, the Asgard had technology like that as seen in Unending.
    Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

Maybe like you say RubberJesus they'll have an Earth made energy weapon.
      What about a P90 that instead of firing bullets fires smaller energy blast similar to a staff weapons shots, maybe even some kind of variable sized shot.
      Either that or they'll say the P90 and hand pistols now have built in matter converters that fabricate rounds when needed.

Comment

^^^^^hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
          Either that or they'll say the P90 and hand pistols now have built in matter converters that fabricate rounds when needed.
          hahahahaha.. i would love that

Comment

They'll have to Solid Snake it,

On site procurement baby, it's half the fun.

Comment

You would still need to feed matter into them for it to convert into rounds...

Comment

they will most likely end up using weapons similar to the ones tht we saw with the asurans. Those crappy looking crystal pistols that we saw in atlantis, when the writers felt to bring in a good idea (haha)of having ancient replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Boon View Post
                  You would still need to feed matter into them for it to convert into rounds...
                  I think in physics energy can become matter and vice-versa, so provided the weapons had a powerful enough energy source then they could create the matter needed to construct the rounds.
                  I guess a more viable option would just be to pick up some rocks or something from random worlds the team visits, crush em up and feed that into a part of the gun, which then in turn gets turned into the rounds.

Probably the most important thing is that you'd of course need to shrink the matter converter down to fit in a gun, which I don't think would be something the Asgard would have had a need for (as they didn't appear to have hand weapons), so unless Carter or whoever tweaked the Odyssey's version of that tech after Unending and realised a small device like that could be useful in the field I doubt we'll see it in Universe.

Another option to still keep an element of risk for the team running out of ammo would be for one member of the team to carry a portable matter converter (which could be a multi-purpose device for food, clean water, weapons etc).
                  If that guy/girl gets separated from the main unit then the team would only have the ammo they had them in the first place.

Comment

Maybe they brought some Zat's and Wraith Stun Guns, they could use those once they run out of ammo.

I think they should put Zat's and a few Wraith Stun Guns as nods to SG1 and SGA.

Comment

I think that they'd try not to make the same mistakes that the Atlantis Expedition did so they'd come with enough supplies to create and power an Asgard matter device. They'd be able to use that but I expect it to be something siumple itself Destiny itsself having an unlimited power source and Ancient matter technology to create new items they need.

sigpic

Comment

and do you think that Destiny has a replication technology? Isn't Destiny even older than Atlantis?
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          I think that they'd try not to make the same mistakes that the Atlantis Expedition did so they'd come with enough supplies to create and power an Asgard matter device. They'd be able to use that but I expect it to be something siumple itself Destiny itsself having an unlimited power source and Ancient matter technology to create new items they need.
                          Well as I remember the writers stated that the team will be not the one they have wanted to send. And if you look at the character description, it's says that Tamara Jon(field medic) won't have enough medical supplies.

So I don't think they will got a lot of supplies. In Atlantis they knew they are going to another galaxy and maybe never return so they brought a lot of supplies with them(they had ammo for at least one year).

Comment

I think in physics energy can become matter and vice-versa, so provided the weapons had a powerful enough energy source then they could create the matter needed to construct the rounds.
                            This is a slight misunderstanding of the meaning of E=mc^2. Matter is, in a way, a "form" of potential energy. Certain reactions can convert that potential energy into other forms of energy, such as heat or light. However, it is important to note that energy has mass, and to produce a given mass of matter you need an equivalent "mass" of energy. Since even atomic bombs release only a few pounds worth of energy, you would need inordinate amounts of energy to synthesize even a single bullet from energy. Also, your power source would weigh at least as much as the energy it contains, so it is not really much help storing dematerialized ammo anyway. Indeed almost any power storage units available, other than a ZPM, would be, by necessity, as large or larger (perhaps by many orders of magnitude) than the ammunition being "stored" as energy.

Probably the most important thing is that you'd of course need to shrink the matter converter down to fit in a gun, which I don't think would be something the Asgard would have had a need for (as they didn't appear to have hand weapons), so unless Carter or whoever tweaked the Odyssey's version of that tech after Unending and realised a small device like that could be useful in the field I doubt we'll see it in Universe.

Another option to still keep an element of risk for the team running out of ammo would be for one member of the team to carry a portable matter converter (which could be a multi-purpose device for food, clean water, weapons etc).
                            If that guy/girl gets separated from the main unit then the team would only have the ammo they had them in the first place.
                            Of course, the "matter converter" could be a unique item kept on the Destiny, too large for field use.
                            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                            - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                            - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                            - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Boon View Post
                              They'll have to Solid Snake it,

On site procurement baby, it's half the fun.
                              all they need is his infinite ammo bandana

KEEP IT CLEAN
                              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Working...
                              X