Kring urges more people to watch 'Heroes'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kring urges more people to watch 'Heroes'

Tim Kring has urged more people to start watching Heroes during its current season.

Speaking at a recent Screenwriting Expo, he urged potential viewers to "come on in" because "the water’s fine", according to Sy Fy Portal. “You can hop on the train and you won't have missed too much," he said.

Ratings for the show have steadily decreased during the third season, prompting Kring to speculate that current viewing habits are to blame.

"It's a very flawed way of telling stories on network television right now because of the advent of the DVR and online streaming," he claimed. "So [watching it] on air is related to the saps and the dips***s who can't figure out how to watch it in a superior way."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...ch-heroes.html

Maybe if the guy put a little more plot into his storylines, he'd get more viewers. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but the time travel storylines are beginning to annoy me, and it seems as though he isn't concerned with the storylines (as such), as long as they're 'explosive'.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
      Maybe if the guy put a little more plot into his storylines, he'd get more viewers. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but the time travel storylines are beginning to annoy me, and it seems as though he isn't concerned with the storylines (as such), as long as they're 'explosive'.
      Agreed. The plotting has become choppy and the characters' behavior increasingly makes less sense. Too many dangling plot points, too many characters introduced as if important only to be abandoned later, to much rehashing of old points without moving the plot forward....

If he wants people to watch, he's going to have to clean up the plots and recognize that what he wants and what the fans expect may be two different things. His original plan is out the window, now fix what exists instead of trying to wipe the slate clean with a dirty rag.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
        Agreed. The plotting has become choppy and the characters' behavior increasingly makes less sense. Too many dangling plot points, too many characters introduced as if important only to be abandoned later, to much rehashing of old points without moving the plot forward....

If he wants people to watch, he's going to have to clean up the plots and recognize that what he wants and what the fans expect may be two different things. His original plan is out the window, now fix what exists instead of trying to wipe the slate clean with a dirty rag.
        i don't think he knows what he wants any more, what he needs is better people writing his show, he should roll himself back to being a producer and get new showrunners in.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

I love the current season, where it's been and where it is going. Sucks about the low ratings, it's really good t.v. for the hard core fans. That's who they should be appealing to anyway not the person who doesn't care if they have to watch it the night it comes out or not.

Comment

Well, I do my part. I watch it live, and I DVR it so my girlfriend can watch it later.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
            X