PDA

View Full Version : X-Men:First Class News/Discussion/Speculation

Pages : [1] 2

Madwelshboy
November 19th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Back in May, Josh Schwartz, the creator of Gossip Girl and The O.C. made it slip that he was writing a new X-MEN movie based on the younger and lesser known characters of Professor Xaviers institute and although 20th Century Fox refused for months to confirm it, the story has finally been confirmed by Variety today.

Schwartz is writing X-MEN: FIRST CLASS which will center on the likes of Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat. Basically, it will be like X-MEN: THE ACADEMY and is likely to involve the kind of youth relationship issues found in every episode of Schwartzs cannon.

The movie will probably feature cameos from bigger characters new and old to boost up the box office trailer. Although Schwartz has some directing experience for t.v., he has declined the offer to helm himself.

Laura Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg are producing and if the early word on X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE is anything to go by, they will keep a very close eye on this project to fit their requirements.

The movie is the third X-MEN movie in production right now with X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE set to open in May. Post-that 20th Century Fox are developing X-MEN ORIGINS: MAGNETO (but seem to be waiting to see how a WOLVERINE-solo movie performs) and are hopeful for both a DEADPOOL spin-off (starring Ryan Reynolds who appears in character in WOLVERINE) and an X-MEN 4.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/

Jeffala
November 19th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Is anyone else scared that it's written by the guy who made Gossip Girl and The O.C.?

pbellosom
November 19th, 2008, 05:13 AM
It's got Shadowcat in it, that makes it good enough for me

Madwelshboy
November 19th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I just hope they can sign the orignial actor again to play the parts. anyway i like the oc an gossip girl :)

the fifth man
November 19th, 2008, 07:33 AM
More X-Men on the way? For now, that makes me smile.:)

nx01a
November 22nd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Angel... I hope they make him into Archangel. That reeks of teen angst right there.
Good news. I'd enjoy that far more than... ugh... a Wolverine movie, Deadpool notwithstanding.

Madwelshboy
February 17th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Schwartz Says He Won't Direct X-Men: First Class

X-Men: First Class, one of many X-Men sequels hinging on X-Men Origins: Wolverine's success, will be written by Gossip Girl/Chuck producer/writer Josh Schwartz, but he won't direct.

"I would be terrified to have the first thing I direct be a giant franchise movie," Schwartz told MTV at New York's Comic-Con, adding that there was no truth to him turning down the directing job.

As for the movie's plot Schwartz said: "I'm not really allowed to say anything. They're watching me as we speak. It's exciting, it's a huge honor and we're just getting started."

http://comicbookmovie.com/x-men_movies/x-men_first_class/news/?a=6251

the fifth man
February 17th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I really can't wait to hear a bit more about this film.

Angela V
February 17th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I'm just hoping there's no "overload" with X-Men movies. It's what happened to me regarding the comics. Too much to keep track of.

Thunderstorm
February 19th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Is anyone else scared that it's written by the guy who made Gossip Girl and The O.C.?

Exactly why I have no hope for this version. :( We don't need more teen age junk.

Madwelshboy
February 19th, 2009, 01:13 AM

Exactly why I have no hope for this version. :( We don't need more teen age junk.

He's also the guy behind "chuck". Anyway i dont have a problem with him at all, i personally like his shows.

Thunderstorm
February 19th, 2009, 01:35 AM
He's also the guy behind "chuck". Anyway i dont have a problem with him at all, i personally like his shows.

3 strikes and he's out!! ;)

Madwelshboy
April 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Donner Hoping for X-Men: First Class Franchise

"X-Men" franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner talked about possible spin-off X-Men: First Class on Fox Movie Channel's "Life after Film School."

"It is the first class of Xavier's school, way back when, so it's young Scott, young Jean, young Beast and that'll be really fun," Donner said. "I think (the plan) is to follow some of the characters into their own stories, and weave them back into the X-Men world.

"And hopefully 'First Class' will become its own franchise and we can follow them as they grow up."

She also said that a Magneto movie remains in development.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8247

Admiral Mappalazarou
April 15th, 2009, 10:26 AM

SGU looks a lot like the O.C. I think we can handle this new Xmen.

the fifth man
April 15th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Donner Hoping for X-Men: First Class Franchise

"X-Men" franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner talked about possible spin-off X-Men: First Class on Fox Movie Channel's "Life after Film School."

"It is the first class of Xavier's school, way back when, so it's young Scott, young Jean, young Beast and that'll be really fun," Donner said. "I think (the plan) is to follow some of the characters into their own stories, and weave them back into the X-Men world.

"And hopefully 'First Class' will become its own franchise and we can follow them as they grow up."

She also said that a Magneto movie remains in development.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8247

Wow, looks like they hope to keep these films coming. I just hope their quality remains high.

nx01a
April 15th, 2009, 06:23 PM
X2 quality. Not X3 'quality'.
I'd prefer to see Shadowcat, etc. than Cyclops, Jean and Beast without Iceman and Angel.

the fifth man
April 15th, 2009, 06:24 PM
X2 quality. Not X3 'quality'.
I'd prefer to see Shadowcat, etc. than Cyclops, Jean and Beast without Iceman and Angel.

While it could have been better, I still enjoyed X3.

Replicator Todd
April 15th, 2009, 06:29 PM
While it could have been better, I still enjoyed X3.

Indeed, I thought X3 could of been better but was still a great film. I espically enjoyed the chess ending with Magneto.

the fifth man
April 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Indeed, I thought X3 could of been better but was still a great film. I espically enjoyed the chess ending with Magneto.

Same here.

Madwelshboy
April 16th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Same sort of information here:-

Producer confirms new 'X-Men' storyline

Producer Lauren Shuler Donner has confirmed that the X-Men: First Class film will be a prequel to the Marvel movie series.

Speaking to Comics Continuum, Donner explained that the project will focus on the formation of Professor Xavier's school for mutants and some of its early residents.

"It is the first class of Xavier's school, way back when, so it's young Scott, young Jean, young Beast and that'll be really fun," she said. "I think [the plan] is to follow some of the characters into their own stories, and weave them back into the X-Men world."

She added: "And hopefully First Class will become its own franchise and we can follow them as they grow up."

Gossip Girl and The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz has been commissioned to write the script for the movie, which will continue Fox's $1.2 billion franchise.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a152802/producer-confirms-new-x-men-storyline.html

Madwelshboy
April 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
What interests you about First Class as a potential franchise?

Shuler Donner: I like kids. I did produce Pretty in Pink and St. Elmo's Fire. I do like those kind of teenage movies; I really do. Part of it takes me to my roots. It's action. There seems, to me, to be more humor, or more potential for humor. I really like that idea. The relationship ... I don't want to get into what the script is about, but it provides a bit of a lighter touch to the franchise.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/magneto-prequel-still-pos.php

the fifth man
April 22nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Not too light a touch, I hope. I still want some serious action.

April 23rd, 2009, 01:22 AM
somehow i am imagining a marvel version of "Sky High" or "Zoom" :rolleyes:

the fifth man
April 28th, 2009, 07:04 PM
somehow i am imagining a marvel version of "Sky High" or "Zoom" :rolleyes:

Please no.

Madwelshboy
April 29th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Will we see Gambit in the upcoming X-MEN FIRST CLASS film? Nope, we won't see Gambit in that, he wasn't part of Xavier's first class a the school, but it looks like we may be seeing him in his own spin off film.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/FalconsNest/news/?a=7171

Madwelshboy
May 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
But who is the movie version of Xavier's first class? In the comics, it's always been Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman and Marvel Girl, but the movie versions of both Angel and Iceman are too young to have been part of that class (despite Iceman actor Shawn Ashmore being contracted for another X-Film somewhere down the line). Judging from the first three X-Men movies, we can assume that Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm were probably three of the first students, and X-Men: The Last Stand put Beast in that mix, as well. For some reason - probably the presence on the project of Gossip Girl and The OC creator Josh Schwartz - I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine's Emma Frost made an appearance, as well; out of the various Wolverine characters who would make sense in the movie, she's the most obvious, and not least because of her comic history with Cyclops.

http://io9.com/5232656/what-x+men-will-be-hitting-theaters-next

Madwelshboy
June 20th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Which X-Men Movie is Next?

With X-Men Origins: Wolverine having already pulled in $356.2 million worldwide, and both a sequel and Deadpool spin-off in the works, we were wondering what the status of the other "X-Men" spin-offs was.

Today, we got a chance to talk to David Goyer, who's executive producing ABC's upcoming "Flash Forward" and whose The Unborn hits DVD and Blu-ray on July 7. Goyer has been attached to write and direct Magneto, but he's not sure if that will move forward before X-Men: First Class.

"There have been some preliminary discussions," he told us about Magneto, adding, "I think, at Fox, they're trying to decide if making a young X-Men film makes the most sense next, does making a 'Magneto' make the most sense next. They're just trying to decide internally who's next up."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8442

Angela V
June 23rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
"But who is the movie version of Xavier's first class? In the comics, it's always been Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman and Marvel Girl, but the movie versions of both Angel and Iceman are too young to have been part of that class (despite Iceman actor Shawn Ashmore being contracted for another X-Film somewhere down the line). Judging from the first three X-Men movies, we can assume that Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm were probably three of the first students, and X-Men: The Last Stand put Beast in that mix, as well"

What a way to mess up the team. I always thought Bobby Drake (Iceman) was around 16 and the youngest to the other first team. How old are these actors who play the other 4? The comics have always been vague on age and the fact it took Scott Summers and Jean Grey 30 years to marry just boggles the mind. As comic book readers we have always had to dismiss aging. Like Kitty Pryde (Shadow Cat) would age but the older team members didn't seem to. But then the movies have mess up a lot of history for a lot of the X-Men so I guess I'd have to just live with it. I wasn't pleased with what they did with Rogue because her history is very fascinating and would've made a really good story on screen. I must be bad at guessing ages because I didn't think Warren Worthington (Angel) from the movie would be close to Bobby's age.

GuHNDoi
June 26th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Well it should definately be much better than the Generation X movie.
Remember that!

I wonder how they will have a younger Xavier in this. I don't really like the CGI facemapping thing they did on X3, that was freaky!

What year range would it be set. If X-Men 1 was set in 2000, the same year the film was released, we are looking at about 15 years before. (in X1 Xavier says to Logan ''it's been 15 years hasn't it'' or something along those lines) Because in X-Men Origins Wolverine, Scott meets Xavier for the first time. Then that would have been 1985! Or is the first X film set later, like 2009-10 or further.

Madwelshboy
August 21st, 2009, 03:23 AM
At the same time, Singer has been flirting with directing X-Men: First Class, a 20th Century Fox spinoff that got a first script draft by O.C. creator Josh Schwartz.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/bryan-singer-excalibur.php

Madwelshboy
September 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM
X-Men: First Class Talk

While chatting with Lauren Shuler Donner yesterday -- the producer of all movie-things X-Men related -- at a promotional event for the upcoming Blu-ray release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, we did our best to get as much mutant info as possible out of her. And we did pry a few interesting items out of her -- including a bit on X-Men: First Class.

"I think there are some wonderful storylines I'd like to pursue in X-Men 4 and 5, but who knows?" she told us. "Obviously Fox is my partner, so we're in discussions about what will be next."

Do said fourth and fifth X-Men films include X-Men: First Class, the movie we've been hearing about for some time now which is being written by Gossip Girl and Chuck producer Josh Schwartz? Or is First Class a separate project entirely? That's not clear. And neither is whether or not the film will go back to the tale of the early days of the original five X-Men -- Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Beast, and Iceman -- or pick up the saga with a group of new, young mutants.

"I can't talk about it yet, but yes, they're all good ideas," the producer told us at first. But when we pushed the topic, she gave in a bit and at least admitted that the film takes place in the past

"I know, I know, I know," she said. "It is the X-Men's first class, and it's way back when but I can't tell you which characters."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/102/1023744p1.html

Madwelshboy
September 17th, 2009, 12:46 PM
X-Men: First Class Shooting in 2010?

SuperHeroHype.com reports that Tim Pocock, who played the young Scott Summers/Cyclops in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, has revealed that he will reprise the role in 20th Century Fox's X-Men: First Class.

"Currently shooting Australian TV series till February 2010...then X-men first class," he said on his Twitter account. "Wolverine" producer Lauren Shuler Donner recently hinted that a new "X-Men" movie would start production in 2010.

Written by Josh Schwartz, the film will likely draw from elements of the Marvel Comic of the same name, launched in 2006.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59207

Madwelshboy
September 21st, 2009, 09:23 AM
X-Men: First Class
Release Date: 2011
Development Status: 20th Century Fox clearly still has big plans for the X-Men franchise, though none of them seem to include X-Men 4 at the moment. Instead, the focus will continue to fall on the earlier years of the mutant heroes. The next ensemble X-Men film will be titled X-Men: First Class. Like the comic of the same name, this movie will flash back to the earliest incarnation of the team as they struggle to cope with their powers. Assuming First Class is still set within the established film continuity and not a reboot, the character lineup will include Professor Xavier, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, and Storm. That's right, Fox are actually planning an X-Men movie without Wolverine.

Initial development on this project appeared to be slow, with Fox waiting to gauge the success of their Magneto movie before moving ahead with further spinoffs. However, actor Tim Pocock, who portrayed a young Cyclops in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, reported on his Twitter feed that he'll be reprising the role when First Class begins production in 2010. Now it seems Magneto may be the one sitting on the bench.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=10199

Madwelshboy
October 18th, 2009, 02:44 AM
X-Men Movie Franchise Updates

Empire interviewed X-Producer Lauren Shuler Donner and got some detailed news on what's in store for the coming X-Men franchise...

On X-Men: First Class

"Harry Potter is a bit of a role model for us, absolutely. But we want it to be like the recent, darker Potters. It should not be a kiddie movie - we're in the X-Men world so you can't suddenly change the tone. The First Class comics are really fun - they're funnier than any other comics I've read. Basically in each one the kids are fighting strange villains, sometimes it's aliens, sometimes it's monsters. I want to get a flavour of that world. Occasionally the kids will be in class, but more often they'll be off on adventures. Which Professor X isn't too happy about! There's nothing more interesting than a bad kid, and this is full of naughty children. Cyclops, for example - he's a tough kid that bobbed from foster home to foster home, until he ends up at the school and becomes the leader. There's also still an element of friction between the mutants and the outside world. Remember that this will be set way back before anyone knew mutants existed.

Right now the script is not done -we're not where we want to be yet. We have to be careful that we don't tread on familiar territory, that people don't say, "Oh, I've seen that, been there." But (screenwriter) Josh Schwartz has a great young pulse and he's doing an amazing job bringing the characters to life. We want to make this a franchise, following these kids at the school, so the casting of the child actors will be all-important."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_movies/news/?a=11017

Madwelshboy
December 17th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: First Class!

A tweet just flittered across my screen from the guys over at Flickchart, who are claiming that director Bryan Singer has confirmed that he will be directing X-Men: First Class.

Im not going to delay here are the tweets as sent by the guys over at Flickchart apparently the announcement from Singer was streamed live to 80,000+ people on Ustream/MySpace And yet, somehow I managed to miss it

Shout out to our friends at First Showing for helping to alert us to the news:

Bryan Singer just leaked that hes directing the next X-men Origins film on the AVATAR blue carpet. What do you think about that?

Yep. X-Men First Class will be an Origins film. He said he just sealed the deal with the studio.

http://screenrant.com/x-men-first-class-bryan-singe-kofi-38335/

Replicator Todd
December 17th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Thank goodness! Bryan Singer did fantastic with the first two X-Me films!

Madwelshboy
December 18th, 2009, 02:23 AM
X-Men: First Class Movie Gets A New Writer

Jamie Moss has come on board to write a new draft of the X-Men: First Class screenplay, according to Heat Vision. Josh Schwartz wrote the original draft.

Jamie Moss has only written Street Kings in the past. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing though

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CookiepussProduction/news/?a=12925

Singer reveals 'X-Men: First Class' plot

Bryan Singer has revealed plot details for his X-Men: First Class movie.

The director, who announced earlier this week that he will return to the superhero series he started, said that the film will be about a young Professor Xavier and his nemesis Magneto.

"This is the formative years of Xavier and Magneto, and the formation of the school and where their relationship took a wrong turn," Singer told Variety. "There is a romantic element, and some of the mutants from X-Men will figure into the plot, though I don't want to say which ones. There will be a lot of new mutants and a great villain."

The filmmaker added that he is taking inspiration from the recent Batman and Star Trek prequels for First Class.

He explained: "Whether it's Batman, Lord Of The Rings or Star Trek, if the characters are good, you want to see them on their journey even if you know their destiny. I put myself in the fan's position, and I think this story is something I would want to see, and so will they."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a191993/singer-reveals-x-men-first-class-plot.html

nx01a
December 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Go, Cyclops!
Praises be! Scrap the Young Magneto movie for this, please!
This is one case where I'd be happy with a complete continuity revamp a la Star Trek. I'd love them to scrap everything and use the real original X-Men, but I doubt that'll happen. Singer's hopefully learned his lesson from Superman Returns [and Ratner's with X3] and will not put out a sub-par X-Men movie.
The real question: No Picard and Gandalf?! Easily the best actors in the franchise, I'd hate to lose them.

Replicator Todd
December 18th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Go, Cyclops!
Praises be! Scrap the Young Magneto movie for this, please!
This is one case where I'd be happy with a complete continuity revamp a la Star Trek. I'd love them to scrap everything and use the real original X-Men, but I doubt that'll happen. Singer's hopefully learned his lesson from Superman Returns [and Ratner's with X3] and will not put out a sub-par X-Men movie.
The real question: No Picard and Gandalf?! Easily the best actors in the franchise, I'd hate to lose them.

Indeed Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen are truly in my eyes are the ONLY live-action Magneto and Xavier. And go Cyclops indeed! Wolverine has been stealing his MIGHTY glory! Although I would rather see a Magneto movie than a Wolverine 2...

Madwelshboy
December 22nd, 2009, 02:36 AM
Singer's 'First Class' to supersede 'Magneto'

Bryan Singer has claimed that his X-Men: First Class film will replace the planned Magneto prequel.

The director, who signed a deal to return to the superhero series last week, suggested to The Hollywood Reporter that his project's overlap with Magneto could mean that David Goyer's movie gets put on the back-burner.

"This story would probably utilise some of the Magneto story because it deals with a young Magneto, so it might supersede that because this would explore that relationship between a young energetic professor and a disenfranchised victim of the Holocaust," Singer explained.

The filmmaker said that he does not believe another X-Men movie, the franchise's fifth, will exhaust the Marvel characters on screen.

"I don't see an exhaustion. The X-Men universe is boundless," he added. "These are great characters. And as young characters, they are quite different than the characters we have seen in the contemporary movies."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a192425/singers-first-class-to-supersede-magneto.html

Madwelshboy
March 7th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Writer Josh Schwartz Explains His Departure From X-Men: First Class

The Gossip Girl and Chuck writer has explained why his script was scrapped in favor of a new screenplay by Jamie Moss.

"I finished my draft," Schwartz told MTV News. "Bryan Singer came onboard the movie, who's the best possible guy to direct the 'X-Men' movies, and he wanted to make a very different kind of movie."

"He's Bryan Singer. If he wants to make an X-Men movie, they make his X-Men movie. But it was a great experience and it was an honor to work on it."

However, when asked if he could reveal any information about the direction that the movie will take he remained tight lipped, "I cannot. It's on lockdown. Sworn to secrecy. I swear to god, there's a sniper with a gun pointed at me from that building."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=15442

SaberBlade
March 7th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Interesting that Singer wants to start over from scratch on the script, wonder if this means David Hayter will be taking part as he wrote X1 and X2 under Singer.

Laertes
March 7th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Interesting that Singer wants to start over from scratch on the script, wonder if this means David Hayter will be taking part as he wrote X1 and X2 under Singer.

Singer made Heroes worth watching for as long as he was there, so I'm excited about this news.

Madwelshboy
March 7th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Singer made Heroes worth watching for as long as he was there, so I'm excited about this news.

Bryan Singer never worked on Heroes.

the fifth man
March 7th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Where X-Men is concerned, I have a lot of faith in Bryan Singer. I think he will make this a great movie, to add to an already great franchise.:)

SaberBlade
March 7th, 2010, 08:49 PM

Singer worked on House, not Heroes.

Madwelshboy
March 18th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Bryan Singer on 'X-Men: First Class': It's got to be about Magneto and Professor X

Through the years, comic-book films took audiences to all the predictable places, including the grim streets of Gotham City and the doomed spires of planet Krypton, but, a decade ago, a new type of comic-book film had the audacity to set its opening sequence in a truly unexpected place -- the gates of Auschwitz, where Jewish families were bring marched through mud on their way to death and despair.

From those first moments, "X-Men" set itself apart from the entire Hollywood history of comic-book adaptations and marked the beginning of this current era of fanboy cinema, which has dominated the box office and elevated San Diego's Comic-Con International into something resembling a Cannes for capes.

continues:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/03/bryan-singer-and-the-xmen-together-again.html

nx01a
March 18th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Very nice and comprehensive article. Thanks for posting.
I'm really looking forward to this movie! I hope it's more X2 and less X3 and Wolverine.

SaberBlade
March 19th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Considering it's Singer, I would expect it to be more X2 than X3. I just hope that also means bringing back David Hayter.

Madwelshboy
March 21st, 2010, 04:10 AM
Rumor: Bryan Singer is NOT Directing X-Men: First Class?

"Exclusive: HitFix has exclusively learned, from multiple sources, that Bryan Singer may not be directing "X-Men: First Class" despite recent press reports to the contrary, and that 20th Century Fox is actively searching for directors to step in and helm the film, with discussions with at least two other filmmakers as recently as last week.

The filmmakers that they're approaching now about directing "X-Men: First Class" are good names, guys who either have real experience in the comic book movie medium or who have heavy credibility with fan audiences. Names that would make fanboys happy from the first moment they're announced. I'm curious to see who else they meet with in the next few weeks now that their first few choices have passed. Those meetings, exclusively reported by HitFix, make it seem like no matter what public face they're putting on things, Fox is making plans as if Singer will not be free."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/zone/news/?a=16102

SaberBlade
March 21st, 2010, 04:22 AM
Wasn't he quoted as saying he had signed on? I guess it was too good to be true, expecting Singer to return but who knows what could be going on. He may not be doing First Class, but could have signed on for something else instead.

the fifth man
March 21st, 2010, 06:23 PM
I don't know what to make of this now. I had hoped Singer would be involved.:(

Replicator Todd
March 21st, 2010, 06:38 PM
I don't know what to make of this now. I had hoped Singer would be involved.:(

Indeed, X-Men, X2, and Superman Returns IMO are among the best superhero/comic-book films of all time. X4 by Singer would probably blow my mind.

nx01a
March 21st, 2010, 11:15 PM
Superman Returns... Er... Nope. X2, yup!
A bit bummed about this potential news. He can handle Xavier and Magneto well.

Madwelshboy
March 23rd, 2010, 01:34 AM
Wasn't he quoted as saying he had signed on? I guess it was too good to be true, expecting Singer to return but who knows what could be going on. He may not be doing First Class, but could have signed on for something else instead.

With this news coming just days after, the "big" interview with him and Donner, makes you wonder whats going on. As the HitFix article says:-

"[It] raises the question of why they sat for this story and what games are being played here. It's interesting... when Singer was waiting for Fox to make his deal on X-Men 3, a process that took over a year due to some hardball negotiation, Warner Bros. took advantage of that and dangled the Superman [film] in front of him. It was an awkward moment for Fox and led to some seriously difficult feelings between Singer and the studio. I'm sure Fox would be happy to undercut Warner on a big fantasy film by stealing Singer away, but this is not the same situation."

SaberBlade
March 27th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Bryan Singer has reportedly given up directing duties on X-Men: First Class.

According to Deadline New York, he will now only serve as producer on the upcoming superhero film.

Scheduling conflicts are to blame for Singer's departure as director. He is currently attached to helm James and the Giant Killer for Warner Bros, due for a summer production start date.

Fox hopes to fast-track X-Men: First Class through production for a 2011 release.

It is said that studio enthusiasm for Jamie Moss's script for the X-Men prequel prompted Fox to move up the film's production schedule, leaving Singer unavailable to direct.

First Class will centre on the origin stories of Professor Xavier and Magneto.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a210935/singer-not-directing-x-men-first-class.html

---

I'm liking the idea that Singer can't direct it simply because the script is supposed to be that great, the studio is rushing to make it.

Madwelshboy
March 27th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Bryan Singer has reportedly given up directing duties on X-Men: First Class.

According to Deadline New York, he will now only serve as producer on the upcoming superhero film.

Scheduling conflicts are to blame for Singer's departure as director. He is currently attached to helm James and the Giant Killer for Warner Bros, due for a summer production start date.

Fox hopes to fast-track X-Men: First Class through production for a 2011 release.

It is said that studio enthusiasm for Jamie Moss's script for the X-Men prequel prompted Fox to move up the film's production schedule, leaving Singer unavailable to direct.

First Class will centre on the origin stories of Professor Xavier and Magneto.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a210935/singer-not-directing-x-men-first-class.html

---

I'm liking the idea that Singer can't direct it simply because the script is supposed to be that great, the studio is rushing to make it.

It seems the studio liked Jamie Moss' script for X-Men:First Class so much that they want the movie to be the first of a trilogy.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=16309

SaberBlade
March 27th, 2010, 05:40 AM
A trilogy? Jesus, that must be some script. This sounds like it's better and better, especially if they use First Class to double for Origins: Magento.

TheRandomOne
March 27th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I can almost bet that Bryan will do X4 after that WB movie

nx01a
March 27th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I'm really getting psyched about this movie. *sigh* Don't let me down, Hollywood. Again. :(

the fifth man
March 28th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I'm really getting psyched about this movie. *sigh* Don't let me down, Hollywood. Again. :(

For now, all we should do is try and stay positive. This could turn out to be really good.

Madwelshboy
May 1st, 2010, 01:14 AM
Vaughn offered 'X-Men: First Class'

Matthew Vaughn is in talks to direct X-Men: First Class.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the helmer had previously rejected the opportunity to lead X-Men: The Last Stand. The job eventually went to Brett Ratner.

The project is thought to be an origin story for the X-Men team, featuring Cyclops and Jean Grey in their younger years and played by younger actors.

It is unknown whether Hugh Jackman will appear as Wolverine, last seen in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, as his character doesn't age.

The script comes from Jamie Moss and is based on a treatment by original X-Men director Bryan Singer. Though the studio had wanted Singer to direct once again, the director is only signed on to produce, as he is preoccupied with directing Jack the Giant Killer for Warner Bros.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a217688/vaughn-offered-x-men-first-class.html

Madwelshboy
May 2nd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Three other directors are reportedly being considered to helm X-Men: First Class: Jonathan Mostow (Surrogates, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines), Swedish filmmaker Daniel Espinosa (who helmed the critically acclaimed crime flick Snabba Cash), and Rupert Sanders (a commercials director who helmed the Halo 3 ad "Believe" and is also attached to direct the Ridley Scott-produced The Low Dweller and a remake of The Wild Geese).

Deadline has updated their original report, claiming Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted), Louis Leterrier (The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans), David Slade (30 Days of Night, Twilight: Eclipse), and Carl Erick Rinsch (who almost directed the Alien prequel and is also attached to the Creature from the Black Lagoon remake) are also in the running to helm X-Men: First Class. "A decision will be made next week on the director with an eye toward a late summer or early fall start," according to the site.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/108/1087254p1.html

SaberBlade
May 2nd, 2010, 11:37 AM
Out of those first three directors, I think Mostow has the best chance. Out of the second group of directors, I think Leterrier would get it but his version of Hulk barely did better than the Ang Lee version which may put off the guys at Marvel but Clash could work in his favour since it was a huge financial success.

Replicator Todd
May 2nd, 2010, 02:49 PM
Out of those first three directors, I think Mostow has the best chance. Out of the second group of directors, I think Leterrier would get it but his version of Hulk barely did better than the Ang Lee version which may put off the guys at Marvel but Clash could work in his favour since it was a huge financial success.

It barely did better than Ang Lee's? I liked Ang Lee's but I thought TIH was the best superhero film of 2008...

SaberBlade
May 2nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
It barely did better than Ang Lee's? I liked Ang Lee's but I thought TIH was the best superhero film of 2008...

I did the math a while back using Wikipedia figures as I was interested in seeing just how much "better" the second was to first (so you can feel free to try other sites to double check). Anyway, what I worked out was Incredible Hulk made 18 million more at the Box Office than Hulk, not a big difference in the grand scheme of things but still better, however production costs were different so Hulk made production cost + 108 million, Incredible Hulk made production cost + 113 million. In the end, Leterrier's version was better by 5 million dollars.

What happened to Hulk is the same thing that happened to Superman Returns. Hulk made it's production cost back plus over 100 million dollars, yet it wasn't good enough to get a sequel, but gets a reboot instead. Superman Returns makes production cost + nearly 200 million dollars, and now they want it rebooted.

It makes me wonder what exactly makes a movie "a financial success". It seems taking anything less than double production at the Box Office makes a film not worth continuing.

At least with the X-Men movies, if one movie fails to live up to expectations, they can just replace the characters with other X-Men than rebooting.

Replicator Todd
May 2nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
I did the math a while back using Wikipedia figures as I was interested in seeing just how much "better" the second was to first (so you can feel free to try other sites to double check). Anyway, what I worked out was Incredible Hulk made 18 million more at the Box Office than Hulk, not a big difference in the grand scheme of things but still better, however production costs were different so Hulk made production cost + 108 million, Incredible Hulk made production cost + 113 million. In the end, Leterrier's version was better by 5 million dollars.

What happened to Hulk is the same thing that happened to Superman Returns. Hulk made it's production cost back plus over 100 million dollars, yet it wasn't good enough to get a sequel, but gets a reboot instead. Superman Returns makes production cost + nearly 200 million dollars, and now they want it rebooted.

It makes me wonder what exactly makes a movie "a financial success". It seems taking anything less than double production at the Box Office makes a film not worth continuing.

At least with the X-Men movies, if one movie fails to live up to expectations, they can just replace the characters with other X-Men than rebooting.

Oh wow, I wonder what is considered a "financial success" as well. I don't get it. But yeah, Fox is going to milk X-Men as much as they can.

SaberBlade
May 2nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
Oh wow, I wonder what is considered a "financial success" as well. I don't get it. But yeah, Fox is going to milk X-Men as much as they can.

I think that X-Men has probably the biggest "milk factor" than most movies, especially the Origins series. If an Origins movie doesn't do well, just move onto another character. No need for a sequel, no need for a reboot and should a character end up being really popular after X-4 or another non Origins movie, then it's almost certain that Marvel or Fox would consider that character for his own movie.

I'd still expect Nightcrawler to get his own Origin movie, and if Origins were being done around the time of X-2, he very well could have gotten one.

EvilSpaceAlien
May 3rd, 2010, 04:55 AM
I really hope that Daniel Espinosa will get to do the directing for this film. I really enjoyed Snabba Cash and I thought that he did great job directing it. However I am dreading the American remake.

Also, Daniel is Swedish, and like the rest of us he is born with a natural awesomeness. :D :P

Replicator Todd
May 3rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
I really hope that Daniel Espinosa will get to do the directing for this film. I really enjoyed Snabba Cash and I thought that he did great job directing it. However I am dreading the American remake.

Also, Daniel is Swedish, and like the rest of us he is born with a natural awesomeness. :D :P
*doesn't understand what the heck is being talked about* I've never heard of that film or the director. :p

SaberBlade
May 3rd, 2010, 06:06 PM

The only thing awesome about Sweden is your damn internet. Plus one doing a "critically acclaimed crime flick" that no one has never heard of wouldn't help.

DigiFluid
May 3rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
I'm usually not big on "young so-and-so" movies, but I've recently gotten really back into X-Men. So I'm quite looking forward to this :)

Madwelshboy
May 4th, 2010, 11:20 PM
BRYAN SINGER AND MATTHEW VAUGHN UNITE FOR X-MEN: FIRST CLASS

Twentieth Century Fox will release film on June 3, 2011

LOS ANGELES (May 4, 2010) __ “Kick-Ass” director Matthew Vaughn will helm X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, a new chapter in Twentieth Century Fox’s blockbuster series of films based on the Marvel Comics.
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS begins production this summer for a June 3, 2011 release. Bryan Singer, who conceived the story for FIRST CLASS and directed the original “X-Men” and its sequel “X2,” is producing along with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.

“I’ve been a fan of Matthew’s since LAYER CAKE,” said Singer. “He has a deft hand with multiple characters and storylines, and a great love of the X-Men universe. I feel the combination of this story and his vision will make for an exciting and original X-Men film.”

Added Twentieth Century Fox president of production, Emma Watts: “X-Men: First Class presents an exciting opportunity to further explore the history and relationships of these beloved characters. Matthew’s combination of talent, verve and vision is perfectly suited to the task.”

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=17814

Fox will put the film into production by late summer or early fall......The film has undergone a late stage rewrite by Ashley Miller & Zack Stentz, the duo that did the same thing on another marvel property, Thor.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/vaughn-back-into-x-men-first-class/

SaberBlade
May 5th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Vaughn and Singer, that is a very interesting team up right there. I loved X1/2 and Kick-Ass so this is going to be fun.

Madwelshboy
May 11th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Jane Goldman to pen 'X-Men: First Class'

Jane Goldman is reteaming with Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn to write X-Men: First Class. The screenwriter's husband, chatshow host Jonathan Ross, revealed the news on his Twitter page.

"The wife is away writing X-Men 4 so I am off to bed with [my dog] little Sweeney alone. He will keep my feet warm and my spirits high," he wrote.

After tweets from followers inquiring about the superhero movie, Ross later replied: "I am afraid I better not answer any more queries re X-Men First Class for fear of spoilers and also possible divorce."

Goldman also co-wrote the script for Stardust with Vaughn.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a219275/jane-goldman-to-pen-x-men-first-class.html

SaberBlade
May 11th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Can't believe she's writing the screenplay to be honest. Not once have I seen Jane Goldman and though, "wow, she should write a comic book movie". However she did co-write Kick-Ass which I enjoyed so I won't complain.

DigiFluid
May 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Interesting that they should hire such a newcomer to write what's probably going to be a tentpole film. She wrote for a short-lived TV series, wrote Stardust, and Kick-Ass. That's not a lot to judge her talent on.

Hope she does a good job....

SaberBlade
May 12th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Never seen anything she's ever done other than Kick-Ass and I avoided the TV series she did, even though she is incredible eye candy.

That said, David Hayter's first screenplay (produced at least) was X-Men and look how that turned out.

Madwelshboy
May 27th, 2010, 11:31 PM
James McAvoy for 'X-Men: First Class'

James McAvoy has signed on to play the role of Professor X in the upcoming X-Men: First Class.

The film, which will serve as a prequel to previously released X-Men movies, is to see the actor portraying a young version of the well-known Charles Xavier, reports The Hollywood Reporter.

“[First Class will] chart the epic beginning of the X-Men saga," read a press release. "Before Charles Xavier and Eric Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were the closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-Men."

Matthew Vaughn is directing the feature for Fox with a tentative release date of June 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a222242/james-mcavoy-for-x-men-first-class.html

Replicator Todd
May 27th, 2010, 11:36 PM
James McAvoy for 'X-Men: First Class'

James McAvoy has signed on to play the role of Professor X in the upcoming X-Men: First Class.

The film, which will serve as a prequel to previously released X-Men movies, is to see the actor portraying a young version of the well-known Charles Xavier, reports The Hollywood Reporter.

“[First Class will] chart the epic beginning of the X-Men saga," read a press release. "Before Charles Xavier and Eric Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were the closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-Men."

Matthew Vaughn is directing the feature for Fox with a tentative release date of June 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a222242/james-mcavoy-for-x-men-first-class.html

James McAvoy? What the heck...seriously? I guess Patrick Stewart with CG was just too much money to ask for. :(

SaberBlade
May 28th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Patrick Stewart could still make an appearance. The article says it's before he came Professor X, so he'd still be a young man. I'd expect McAvoy to be young Xavier and Stewart can be older Xavier but with CG youth. Wolverine sort of screws them over, because we saw Stewart playing Xavier when he at least recruited Cyclops.

Madwelshboy
June 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
X-Men: First Class Begins Filiming in London This September

FeatureFilmCasting.com is reporting that the next installment of Fox's X-Men franchise will begin filming this September in London. This will allow the studio only eight months to both film and complete all the post production CG work if they are to meet their established theatrical release date of June 3rd, 2011.

So far, the film only has one actor cast; James McAvoy, who will portray a young Professor Charles Xavier. KICK-ASS director Matthew Vaughn is set to direct the prequel, with Brian Singer and Lauren Shuler Donner as producers.

Auditions are currently underway in Los Angeles, CA, for both major and minor roles in X-Men: First Class; with some casting expected to take place in the UK

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18676

the fifth man
June 1st, 2010, 06:17 PM
Nice to know it has a start date.

Madwelshboy
June 8th, 2010, 01:11 AM
X-Men: First Class Updates

Bleeding Cool have got some info via Jonathan Ross'(who's wife Jane Goldman is scripting First Class) radio show. Apparently the movie will shoot this summer at London's Pinewood Studios...

The X-Men: First Class production office at Pinewood was opened on May 10th and they have two big sound stages for the shoot. Vaughn and Goldman are already working out of the studio to a large extent. Mathew Vaughan has worked from Pinewood for both Kick-Ass and Stardust so it makes sense that he would bring his next film there too.

Bleeding Cool have also received this request from the West Michigan From Office confirming that at least part of First Class will be set in Central/South America...

A location scout is seeking out areas with a 1960’s, South-American or Central American island feel for the next X-Men movie, ‘X-Men: First Class.’ In particular, he needs to find café and bar locations, evoking the Argentinian feel of Bariloche, and an Art Deco Cafe or restaurant overlooking a body of water. Additionally, the movie calls for a Miami styled harbor for yachts. If you know of any locations that seem to match a description, please contact our office.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=18843

Madwelshboy
June 8th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Michael Fassbender wanted as Magneto in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS & as new SPIDEY villain?

The undeniable man of the moment, Inglourious Basterds actor Michael Fassbender, is reportedly part of a tug-of-war battle between two rival studio’s, who both want the actor as the main villains in the next stage of their respective Marvel film franchises.

Showbiz 411 say that Matt Vaughn wants Fasssbender as the young Magneto in X-Men: First Class, whilst Marc Webb is chasing him to play the main villain (still unspecified) in Sony’s 3-d reboot of the Spider-Man franchise.

As it will begin filming in a matter of weeks, Fox are likely to be acting as the aggressor right now. They recently set James McAvoy to play a young Xavier and are closing in right now on Vaughn’s Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson to play Cyclops. Fassbender certainly fits the kind of actor Vaughn has gone for so far, and I say it will be pretty awesome casting if they can indeed secure his signature.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/michael-fassbender-wanted-as-magneto-in-x-men-first-class-as-new-spidey-villain.php

Madwelshboy
June 9th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Pike to play 'X-Men's Emma Frost?

Ex-Bond girl Rosamund Pike is in the running to play Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class, according to Forces Of Geek. The British actress, whose credits include Pride & Prejudice and An Education, "has tested and very possibly [been] cast" in Matthew Vaughn's prequel to the X-Men series.

Pike was recently spotted at X-Men casting director Lucinda Syson's office with an Emma Frost comic book. The character first appeared in an issue of Marvel's Uncanny X-Men in 1980 and is a mutant telepath known for her revealing white outfit.

Tahyna Tozzi appeared as Frost in last year's X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

James McAvoy is confirmed to star in X-Men: First Class as a young Charles Xavier, while Michael Fassbender, Aaron Johnson and Frank Dillane have been rumoured for the superhero project.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a224383/pike-to-play-x-mens-emma-frost.html

SaberBlade
June 9th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Can't say I like the idea of Pike. I can't honestly see Emma going from a young adult to Pike in just a few years, unless they want to further retcon Wolverine as opposed to just Deadpool.

Replicator Todd
June 9th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Can't say I like the idea of Pike. I can't honestly see Emma going from a young adult to Pike in just a few years, unless they want to further retcon Wolverine as opposed to just Deadpool.

Watch them throw in some explanation that she is immortal or something. :rolleyes:

Madwelshboy
June 14th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Amber Heard To Play Mystique In X-Men :First Class?

Amber Heard is the latest actress to be linked to X-Men: First Class.

According to Production Weekly, 20th Century Fox has "strong interest" in recruiting the Joneses star to play Mystique in director Matthew Vaughn's prequel. Rebecca Romijn portrayed the character in the first three X-Men movies.

Apparently Rosamund Pike is in the running to play Charles Xavier's assistant Moira MacTaggert. MacTaggert appeared briefly in 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand and was played by Olivia Williams. Rumours emerged last week connecting Pike to the part of Emma Frost.

Inglourious Basterds star Michael Fassbender has reportedly declined an offer to screen test for villain Magneto. James McAvoy is the only confirmed cast member, playing a younger version of Sir Patrick Stewart's Xavier.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Comicmoviestuff/news/?a=19070

Madwelshboy
June 17th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Two More X-Men: First Class Casting Rumors

A fashion model auditions for Mystique while a theater actor may land the role of either Beast or Banshee; find out more after the jump...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=19169

Madwelshboy
June 17th, 2010, 11:07 PM
'X-Men: First Class' finding its Magneto in Michael Fassbender

The villainous mutant leader Magneto may have proved more irresistible than the villain in the relaunched Spider-Man movie.

Michael Fassbender, who was being courted for both roles from Fox and Columbia, respectively, has entered early negotiations to play Magneto in "X-Men: First Class," which Matthew Vaughn is directing.

The studio is in full-blown casting mode for the movie, which is gearing up for an August start in London, and Fassbender's name, and his double choice, surfaced last week. The studio has been testing and reading actors such as Aaron Johnson and Andrew Garfield to join James McAvoy, who is playing Professor Xavier in the movie, which focuses on the superpowered team X-Men in a younger incarnation than the previous trilogy.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/06/xmen-first-class-finding-its-magneto-in-michael-fassbender.html

Benjamin Walker Cast As Beast In X-Men: First Class

Showbiz411 are reporting that Walker has indeed been cast in Mathew Vaughan's upcoming X prequel..

Matthew Vaughn’s “X Men: First Class” is picking up another cast member. Benjamin Walker, star of the Public Theater’s “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson,” is the name to remember. He’s going to play Beast, the character played in “X Men 3″ by Kelsey Grammer.

Walker is, like Grammar, is a Juilliard grad and is apparently the hottest newcomer in New York theater this season. His work includes portraying Kinsey (at age 19) in Kinsey, and Harlon Block in Flags of Our Fathers. Walker was also featured in the short-lived CBS drama series 3 lbs.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=19200

Madwelshboy
June 26th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Lauren Schuler Donner Talks X-Men First Class And Deadpool

On First Class, she said they start filming in August and in London, mostly in studio and they want to go practical. She goes on to say they raise the bar for the action scenes. When asked if there is any particular set piece she is exited about, she just says "yes." Paraphrasing: it's great to be working with Bryan Singer again and that Mathew Vaughn has no problem making the transition from the comparably smaller Kick Ass(which she loved) to a bigger film like First Class, although its not THAT much bigger. She somewhat confirms Michael Fassbender will play Magneto, but is hesitant about coming right out and saying it. And there will be more casting announcements coming very soon.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=19445

the fifth man
June 27th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I really hope this turns out to be as good as it could be.

mr_kennedy
June 27th, 2010, 07:21 PM
So is this 616verse? or another universe entirely? (the first class series not just the movie) i havent really read any first class but i thought it just featured the original team (Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey & proffesor X), so how can Emma Frost be in it? unless she is a villain in this story

Not that im complaining Emma Frost is one of my favorite characters

SaberBlade
June 27th, 2010, 07:57 PM
So is this 616verse? or another universe entirely? (the first class series not just the movie) i havent really read any first class but i thought it just featured the original team (Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey & proffesor X), so how can Emma Frost be in it? unless she is a villain in this story

Not that im complaining Emma Frost is one of my favorite characters

Xavier saved Cyclops, Emma Frost and a few others near the end of "Wolverine" so it would be fitting in with movie continuity to include her. Even though he's an original X-Man, Angel himself wasn't introduced until X-3 so unless they want to magically make a new backstory for the character, it's best not to worry about the comic lineup.

mr_kennedy
June 27th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Xavier saved Cyclops, Emma Frost and a few others near the end of "Wolverine" so it would be fitting in with movie continuity to include her. Even though he's an original X-Man, Angel himself wasn't introduced until X-3 so unless they want to magically make a new backstory for the character, it's best not to worry about the comic lineup.

I guess not it just sucks that the movieverse cant seem to follow 616verse very well, i guess it doesnt matter most of the movies are good ones

Madwelshboy
June 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Alice Eve cast as Emma Frost in 'X-Men: First Class'

Alice Eve has been cast as Emma Frost in “X-Men: First Class,” Fox’s relaunch of the Marvel Comics-based franchise being directed by Matthew Vaughn.

Eve joins Michael Fassbender as Magneto and James McAvoy as Professor X in the story that focuses on Marvel's superpowered team X-Men in a younger incarnation than the previous trilogy.

In comics lore, Frost was originally a villain called the White Queen who eventually became a member of X-Men, then a teacher at Xavier’s School of Gifted Students. She has telepathic powers and as the White Queen wore scantily clad costumes.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/06/alice-eve-cast-as-emma-frost-in-xmen-first-class.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

the fifth man
June 28th, 2010, 07:45 PM
And the cast continues to grow.

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2010, 11:36 AM
RUMOR: Top Contender for 'Banshee' in X-Men: First Class

With a cast so far including Michael Fassbender as Magneto, James McAvoy as Professor X, and recent Alice Eve as Emma Frost, the story for the prequel to the 'X-Men" trilogy focuses on Marvel's superpowered mutant team 'X' in a younger incarnation than the previous trilogy. So we can expect more actors enrolling in 'First Class' filling in the roles of our beloved mutants over time.

And now According to Latino Review's "trusted sources", unknown actor Caleb Landry Jones is the top contender to bag the role of Sean Cassidy aka BANSHEE in the Matthew Vaugn-directed prequel.
Caleb Landry Jones a considerable unknown, appeared as "boy on bike" in No Country for Old Men, and the 20 year old can be seen in this year's The Last Exorcism & in David Fincher's The Social Network.

Created by writer Roy Thomas and artist Werner Roth,Banshee was an Irish mutant, whom possesses a "sonic scream," capable of harming enemies’ auditory systems and causing physical vibrations. He is named after the banshee, a legendary ghost from Irish mythology, said to possess a powerful cry, although the banshee spirit is invariably female. There was a small reference to the character in 'X-Men 2', with his name appearing on a list of names 'Mystique' scrolls through on Stryker's computer while looking for Magneto's file.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=19536

Erica Hosseini Will Audition For X-Men: First Class?

Model Erica Hosseini has tweeted on Twitter that she has received a call to audition for what she is calling, "a new mutant character", for "X-Men: First Class".

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Kaboom/news/?a=19520

Madwelshboy
July 2nd, 2010, 12:54 AM
EXCLUSIVE: Multiple Man to Appear in X-Men: First Class

During my most recent conversation with a Marvel Studios source, I was told that one of Professor Xavier's definite students in Fox's X-franchise relaunch, First Class, will be Jaime Maddrox, known to most fans as Multiple Man. Considering that this is the same source which clued me in to Benjamin Walker's potential casting as the mutant student Henry McCoy (Beast) several weeks ago, I feel fairly certain this information is viable.

For those of you unfamiliar with the character, here is a brief biography according to Marvel.com: 'Jamie Madrox's mutant ability was apparent at birth when a duplicate was created upon his being slapped by the doctor. Two weeks later, Jamie's father resigned from the Los Alamos Nuclear Research Center and moved his family to an intentionally isolated farm in Kansas at the suggestion of Professor Charles Xavier. From a young age, Madrox was given a special suit to wear that would neutralize his mutant power, but before this could be explained to him a freak tornado killed his parents when he was 15.'

The character has already appeared once on film in X-Men 3: The Last Stand, and was portrayed by Grey's Anatomy actor Eric Dane. So far, at least three young actors have been seriously approached to fill the role.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=19651

Madwelshboy
July 2nd, 2010, 12:33 PM
Benjamin Walker Dropped From X-Men: First Class!

According to Baz Bamigboye who writes in the British newspaper, The Daily Mail, Walker (28) who was reported last month to be locked in to play a young Hank McCoy was dropped this week because of his age.

Bamigboye writes, "'Fox absolutely loved him, booked him and the next minute they're saying they don't want him. It was bizarre because they'd signed a deal on him,' a source intimately involved in The Situation told me from Los Angeles yesterday."

Apparently, Fox were worried that the actor was just too old to play the teenage Beast when the actors they've hired for Professor X and Magento (James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender) are 31 and 33 respectively. However, the article does finish on rather an odd note as it seems there's still a chance we'll see him in the movie in the very role he's just lost:

"The Fox studio screened-tested three other potential Beast actors at Pinewood yesterday, but I'm told they didn't seem right for the role. Strangest thing of all is that late last night, I started hearing that Fox might end up re-offering Walker his Beast role back!"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=19685

SaberBlade
July 2nd, 2010, 07:05 PM
Well if he's signed a contract with them, I expect to hear of a lawsuit unless they plan to give to him a different role.

jelgate
July 2nd, 2010, 08:02 PM
Well if he's signed a contract with them, I expect to hear of a lawsuit unless they plan to give to him a different role.

It doesn't work that way in entertainment. Networks cancel actors contracts all the time.

SaberBlade
July 3rd, 2010, 12:34 AM
If people can sue McDonald's for making them fat, or because people spilt coffee over themselves, I would hope that in the land of lawsuits, someone could still sue for going back on a contract. If the guy had decided he wanted out, I doubt he'd had gotten of so lightly. That said, Billy Dee Williams had a clause put in his Batman contract that if he wasn't used for Two-Face, they'd still pay him.

Madwelshboy
July 3rd, 2010, 01:19 AM

According to Obssesed with Film':-
Fox paid Walker a princely sum to end his commitment to the movie

source: http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/benjamin-walker-kicked-out-of-x-men-first-class-but-may-re-register.php#ixzz0sbrKQEyG

Madwelshboy
July 4th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Roger Freidman (who has been a good X-source) has revealed that Fox checked the availability of Taylor Lautner (for what role is anyone’s guess) over the last few days after the huge success of Twilight: Eclipse, and they may look to pick off some names from that franchise (or similar, emo style tweeny actors). And as Freidman says, no **** are Fox nervous about X-Men: First Class right now. After three financial dissapointments in a Tom Cruise summer vehicle, a reprisal of The A-Team and a usually solid dog movie in Marmaduke – they will probably be keeping a close eye on all their upcoming tentpoles.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/benjamin-walker-is-an-x-men-first-class-drop-out.php

Replicator Todd
July 4th, 2010, 06:11 PM
http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/benjamin-walker-is-an-x-men-first-class-drop-out.php

Fox deserves their bombs....after the way they have treated so many things....hopefully they will end up giving the X-Men rights to Marvel! ;)

jelgate
July 4th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Fox deserves their bombs....after the way they have treated so many things....hopefully they will end up giving the X-Men rights to Marvel! ;)
:rolleyes:Its called a business for a reason. Its has to be profitable to pursue

Replicator Todd
July 5th, 2010, 12:09 AM
:rolleyes:Its called a business for a reason. Its has to be profitable to pursue

And hopefully they will no longer think X-Men is profitable, thus Marvel getting the rights back.

Madwelshboy
July 5th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Studio eyeing Lautner for 'X-Men' role?

Twentieth Century Fox is reportedly looking to cast Taylor Lautner in X-Men: First Class. According to Showbiz 411, the studio has checked the Twilight star's availability for the project. Lautner could join James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender in the upcoming superhero movie.

Actor Benjamin Walker, who was in negotiations to play Beast, apparently dropped out of the project recently. Details on Lautner's potential role in the upcoming film have not been reported.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a238592/studio-eyeing-lautner-for-x-men-role.html

SaberBlade
July 5th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Am I the only one starting to think they'll try turning these movies reboots with younger characters into a lame ass way to get the Twilight cast into new roles just to appeal to teenage girls, even if it means making male viewers away?

Breaking News: Robert Patterson cast as Morbius for Spiderman reboot, with that girl he's banging in real life as well on screen in Twilight cast as his love interest.

Replicator Todd
July 5th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Am I the only one starting to think they'll try turning these movies reboots with younger characters into a lame ass way to get the Twilight cast into new roles just to appeal to teenage girls, even if it means making male viewers away?

Breaking News: Robert Patterson cast as Morbius for Spiderman reboot, with that girl he's banging in real life as well on screen in Twilight cast as his love interest.

Merlins Beard! I sure hope that is not the case! But Fox likes to do anything for money regardless of how bad a film is...

Madwelshboy
July 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Aaron Johnson cast in X-Men: First Class

According to Ain’t It Cool News, Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass) has joined Marvel’s mutant prequel, X-Men: First Class. It was rumoured last month that Johnson had been cast in an unknown role as photos of the actor visiting the set were leaked online. A source at Ain’t It Cool News is reporting that Johnson will be playing the role of X-Men leader Cyclops/Scott Summers.

An official announcement of the cast line-up is expected at Comic-Con International, which will take place in San Diego later this month. Johnson joins a rapidly growing cast that includes James McAvoy (Wanted), Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds), and Alice Eve (Starter For 10). Matthew Vaughn is directing with a script from Jane Goldman.

http://totalscifionline.com/news/5255-aaron-johnson-cast-in-x-men-first-class

Madwelshboy
July 9th, 2010, 12:25 AM
X-Men: First Class Finds A Beast In Nicholas Hoult

FOX apparently decided to pursue younger actors to fill the role of major mutants for their upcoming X-Men prequel. One of those characters being Henry McCoy, "Beast", forced Ben Walker, who was signed to play McCoy, to ignore FOX and sign on to reprise his starring role on Broadway in “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson.”

Now Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox is setting English actor, Nicholas Hoult for the role of Beast in the Matthew Vaughn-directed X-Men: First Class.

Nicholas Hoult is apparently best known for his role as Marcus Brewer in the 2002 film "About a Boy" and as Tony Stonem in the E4 television series, Skins. And the 20 year old recently appeared in Louis Leterrier's "Clash Of The Titans" remake as Eusebios.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=19857

Caleb Landry Jones Confirmed For "Banshee" in X-Men: First Class

It was first reported by Latino Review, that unknown actor Caleb Landry Jones is the top contender to bag the role of Sean Cassidy aka BANSHEE in the mutant prequel. And apparently it turned out to be true.

Recently announced with English actor Nicholas Hoult portraying "Beast" in 20th Century Fox's "X-Men: First Class, Variety now reports that Caleb Landry Jones WILL play the Banshee in the film. Jones, 20 years old, appeared in 'No Country for Old Men' as a minor role and can be seen in the upcoming "Last Exorcism" & in David Fincher's "The Social Network".

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=19861

Lucas Till Joining X-Men: First Class as Havok?

And now according to Entertainment Weekly, Lucas Till is in negotiations to play the role of Alexander “Alex” Summers aka Havok in the Matthew Vaughn-directed "First Class". Born in Texas, 19 year old Lucas Till is apparently known from his starring role in television parts, including his roles on House, Hannah Montana: The Movie, and grammy winner, Taylor Swift's first music video.

Info on the "Havok" character via Marvel, "Havok is a mutant with the superhuman ability to absorb ambient cosmic energy into the cells of his body, transform it in an unknown manner, and release it as waves of energy that heat the air in their path enough to turn it into plasma, which is a super-heated state of matter consisting of charged subatomic particles. These waves will emanate from his body in all directions unless he purposefully tries to channel them in a single direction, usually along the length of his arms. Havok is himself immune to the intense heat he creates, as well as the power blasts generated by his brother Cyclops."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=19872

DigiFluid
July 9th, 2010, 12:20 PM
^^ So it seems!

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS GETS A BEAST, BANSHEE, AND HAVOK

Deadline reports that Nicholas Hoult (pictured above) has been cast as Beast in X-Men: First Class, contrary to previous reports saying Ben Walker was cast. You may recognize Hoult as that little kid who followed Hugh Grant home in About A Boy. Now he’s pretty hittable, a sexy beast you might even say . . . Well, this is just uncomfortable for everyone. Moving on.

LatinoReview reports that Caleb Landry Jones (pictured below) is the top contender to play Banshee, the mutant with the best rock scream. You may have seen Jones in No Country For Old Men; he was one of the kids on a bike at the end. Yeah, I don’t know either. As for Havok, the little brother of Cyclops, Slashfilm reports that Lucas Till (pictured at right) is in talks for the role. He was in Walk the Line and also a bunch of movies I didn’t see.

Rounding out the cast are James McAvoy as Charles Xavier, Alice Eve as Emma Frost, Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) as Magneto. Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass) may be cast as Cyclops (or he may just continue to impregnate his rich older wife). Slashfilm gives a good round-up of the other casting rumors that have yet to be confirmed.

From the casting news so far (characters utilized, age of the actors cast, etc.), this seems (I could be wrong here) to be based not so much on the comic book universe as it is on the universe from the two Brian Singer movies (Singer is still involved in First Class although Matthew Vaughn stepped in to direct). If this is what it takes to make us forget what Brett Ratner did to the franchise with Last Stand, we’re cool with that.
http://gammasquad.uproxx.com/2010/07/x-men-first-class-gets-a-beast-banshee-and-havok

Madwelshboy
July 9th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Kevin Bacon in talks for 'X-Men' part

Kevin Bacon is reportedly in talks to play the villain in the upcoming X-Men: First Class. According to Deadline, studio Twentieth Century Fox has put out an offer to the Footloose star.

If he accepts, Bacon could join a cast that includes James McAvoy (Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Alice Eve (Emma Frost), Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee), Lucas Till (Havoc) and Nicholas Hoult (Beast).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a241142/kevin-bacon-in-talks-for-x-men-part.html

Replicator Todd
July 10th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Kevin Bacon in talks for 'X-Men' part

Kevin Bacon is reportedly in talks to play the villain in the upcoming X-Men: First Class. According to Deadline, studio Twentieth Century Fox has put out an offer to the Footloose star.

If he accepts, Bacon could join a cast that includes James McAvoy (Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Alice Eve (Emma Frost), Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee), Lucas Till (Havoc) and Nicholas Hoult (Beast).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a241142/kevin-bacon-in-talks-for-x-men-part.html

Errrr, Kevin Bacon? Who the heck could he possibly play? No offense intended.....I'm just curious who the villain is now...

the fifth man
July 10th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Errrr, Kevin Bacon? Who the heck could he possibly play? No offense intended.....I'm just curious who the villain is now...

Hopefully, if he does get the part, we will find out shortly who he will be playing.

Snowman37
July 11th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I don't have time to read six pages, so I'll just ask this... Is the film going to be a prequel, like Wolverine, or will the film series be starting over?

Madwelshboy
July 11th, 2010, 11:36 AM
I don't have time to read six pages, so I'll just ask this... Is the film going to be a prequel, like Wolverine, or will the film series be starting over?

Its a prequel to the original trilogy, that Fox hopes to turn into a trilogy itself.

Snowman37
July 11th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Nice! I was just thrown off when James McAvoy took over the role of Xavier from Patrick Stewart.

Madwelshboy
July 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Kevin Bacon Signs On For X-Men: First Class

Its official, ..well, almost! Variety are reporting that the actor has signed on to star in Mathew Vaughn's upcoming X prequel. According to the site Bacon has officially signed on to join the growing cast of Mathew Vaughn's X-Men First Class prequel.

They say; Bacon will play a villain, but his exact character is being kept under tight wraps. Some fanboy websites(that would be us!) have suggested that he will play Mr Sinister, Fox have declined comment.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=20097

Jennifer Lawrence Is 'Mystique' In X-Men: First Class

Casting For Mathew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class prequel, are still underway, growing rapidly. And now according to 'The Hollywood Reporter'...

Jennifer Lawrence, the actress who’s been getting rave reviews for her work in “Winter’s Bone,” has been cast as Mystique in Fox’s “X-Men: First Class.”

Jennifer Lawrence, 19, has starred in Guillermo Arriaga’s directorial debut The Burning Plain, opposite Charlize Theron. Her performance in the film earned her the Marcello Mastroianni Award for best young emerging actor/actress during the Venice Film Festival in 2008.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=20094

Madwelshboy
July 17th, 2010, 12:57 AM
RUMOR: Kevin Bacon's X-Men: First Class Role Revealed!

Golden Globe winner and Emmy nominated, Kevin Bacon recently signed on to star in Mathew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class, prequel to the "X-Men" trilogy. And Bacon's role is confirmed to be the villain of the mutant-packed flick, but the role itself is being kept under wraps.

Speculation for Bacon's role in the film included both "Mister Sinister" and Egyptian crime lord "Amahl Farouk," but according Forces Of Geek:

One of our FOG! Agents from across the pond has revealed that Kevin Bacon's role in the upcoming 'X-Men: First Class' is that of Sebastian Shaw, leader of the Hellfire Club. And Shaw will figure heavily in the film's plot.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=20150

mr_kennedy
July 17th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Hellfire club....... ive seen so little of them in the comics i only really know that Emma Frost was once apart of the orginzation, everything ive seen of the Hellfire Club has been to do with the Phoenix

OH and Mr Sinister would be great in this, it could focus on Scott & Jean Gray's dealings with him

I dont Know what to think about Kevin Bacon though.... :mckay:

nx01a
July 17th, 2010, 01:21 PM
X-Degrees of Kevin Bacon... Eh. I had such high hopes for this movie a few months ago. Now I'm just afraid it'll be another X3 or Wolverine.

the fifth man
July 17th, 2010, 06:46 PM
X-Degrees of Kevin Bacon... Eh. I had such high hopes for this movie a few months ago. Now I'm just afraid it'll be another X3 or Wolverine.

Don't get too down on it yet. It could turn out to be great.

Replicator Todd
July 18th, 2010, 11:31 AM

I liked Wolverine....alot more than X3....:p But I have great hope in First Class.

SaberBlade
July 18th, 2010, 02:35 PM
If the movie can somehow involve Kevin Bacon running away from sort of underground disturbance that is chasing him, I'll be happy.

the fifth man
July 19th, 2010, 07:13 PM
If the movie can somehow involve Kevin Bacon running away from sort of underground disturbance that is chasing him, I'll be happy.

I sure caught that reference right away.:D Great movie too.

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Edi Gathegi To Play Darwin in X-Men: First Class

According to the infamous Deadline, Edi Gathegi, who played the evil vampire "Laurent" in Twilight is in negotiations to join X-Men: First Class in the role of Darwin.

Via Marvel, the character Darwin limitless mutation abilities being in a state of continual reaction, adapting to whatever his current situation demands. For example, if placed in total darkness his eyes automatically adapt to allow him to see; if underwater he grows functioning gills; if exposed to fire his body becomes fireproof; if falling, his bones soften & his body elasticizes to cushion his landing; or if exposed to the void of space, he stops requiring oxygen & the density of his skin & internal structure increase.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=20746

the fifth man
July 28th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Now that would be one awesome mutant power to have.

Replicator Todd
July 28th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Edi Gathegi To Play Darwin in X-Men: First Class

According to the infamous Deadline, Edi Gathegi, who played the evil vampire "Laurent" in Twilight is in negotiations to join X-Men: First Class in the role of Darwin.

Via Marvel, the character Darwin limitless mutation abilities being in a state of continual reaction, adapting to whatever his current situation demands. For example, if placed in total darkness his eyes automatically adapt to allow him to see; if underwater he grows functioning gills; if exposed to fire his body becomes fireproof; if falling, his bones soften & his body elasticizes to cushion his landing; or if exposed to the void of space, he stops requiring oxygen & the density of his skin & internal structure increase.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=20746

Darwin? Can someone help me out? He sounds wicked cool, but I don't remember such a character from the comics....

DigiFluid
July 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Darwin? Can someone help me out? He sounds wicked cool, but I don't remember such a character from the comics....
I didn't remember either, I had to look him up (http://marvel.wikia.com/Darwin).

Replicator Todd
July 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I didn't remember either, I had to look him up (http://marvel.wikia.com/Darwin).

Ah, no wonder. He is a much more recent character.

nx01a
July 30th, 2010, 01:19 PM
The one black guy in the movie and he has to be a Twilight vampire playing an unnecessary role...

Sorry for the Haterade, but this movie is getting more and more convoluted by the announcement. I wanted a good script, a streamlined cast of mutants, and cool action. Instead I'm getting Kevin Bacon, Emma Frost and a host of superfluous mutants who weren't anywhere near the real 'first class' of X-Men.
This comic fanboy is displeased.:(

Replicator Todd
July 30th, 2010, 01:23 PM
This comic fanboy is displeased.:(

:p I'm slowly becoming a comic fanboy again.....very slowly......but I highly doubt we will ever get the "real" first class of X-Men. For Fox is a bunch of idiots bent on world domination...with money....

nx01a
July 30th, 2010, 01:29 PM
As I understand it, they're just throwing as many mutants into these movies so that the rights to them won't revert to Marvel. X3 and Wolverine were so... needlessly saturated with mutants, and it looks like FC is going the same route.
As for in-movie continuity... Storm, Jean, Cyclops and Beast were supposed to be among the first X-Men, right? Where's Storm? Where's Jean? Boo, Fox. Boo.

Don't misunderstand me. I desperately want the movie to be good... but it doesn't look like it's gonna be.

Replicator Todd
July 30th, 2010, 01:38 PM
As I understand it, they're just throwing as many mutants into these movies so that the rights to them won't revert to Marvel. X3 and Wolverine were so... needlessly saturated with mutants, and it looks like FC is going the same route.
As for in-movie continuity... Storm, Jean, Cyclops and Beast were supposed to be among the first X-Men, right? Where's Storm? Where's Jean? Boo, Fox. Boo.

Don't misunderstand me. I desperately want the movie to be good... but it doesn't look like it's gonna be.

Well it may make me look crazy, but I actually liked Wolverine, much more than X3. I hated their version of Deadpool...but thought the film was much more enjoyable and rewatchable than X3. I hope for First Class to erase the wrongs of Fox...but their is a high chance it will be bad and that doesn't surprise me. Too bad Marvel couldn't just steal the rights back. :p

nx01a
July 30th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Marvel is doing SO well with the Avengers movies. I want them to steal back the rights, too. :D The last good X-Movie for me was X2. :(

Madwelshboy
August 3rd, 2010, 09:21 AM
X-Men: First Class NOT a Reboot Says Film's Director

Matthew Vaughn confirms that the X-Men prequel fits into the continuity set by the previous movies; and he isn't worried at all that too many mutants will be in it.

continues:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=21023

New 'X-Men' changes due to 'Inception'

X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn has revealed that he had to change the superhero movie's script due to Inception.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times, Vaughn said that a sequence of "dream-space combat" had to be removed from the film because it too closely resembled action scenes from Christopher Nolan's just-released sci-fi thriller.

He explained: "I saw Inception, which I loved. But my heart sank when I saw that a few of the ideas we had were up [on the screen]. So it's either leave it in and look as if you're copying or change things. We completely ripped out about 12 pages of the script and the storyboards."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a255219/new-x-men-changes-due-to-inception.html

Replicator Todd
August 3rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Marvel is doing SO well with the Avengers movies. I want them to steal back the rights, too. :D The last good X-Movie for me was X2. :(

I agree with that! Although I liked Wolverine by no means do I think it was a good movie. X3 is forgettable. X2 was awesome.

Matthew Vaughn confirms that the X-Men prequel fits into the continuity set by the previous movies; and he isn't worried at all that too many mutants will be in it.

continues:

New 'X-Men' changes due to 'Inception'

X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn has revealed that he had to change the superhero movie's script due to Inception.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times, Vaughn said that a sequence of "dream-space combat" had to be removed from the film because it too closely resembled action scenes from Christopher Nolan's just-released sci-fi thriller.

He explained: "I saw Inception, which I loved. But my heart sank when I saw that a few of the ideas we had were up [on the screen]. So it's either leave it in and look as if you're copying or change things. We completely ripped out about 12 pages of the script and the storyboards."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a255219/new-x-men-changes-due-to-inception.html

Good to know! The fact that it isn't a reboot, it was kinda hard to know. I'm not sure if changes because of Inception are a good or bad thing.

Madwelshboy
August 6th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Fox Co-Chairmen and CEO's Talk X-Men: First Class And Wolverine!

In an interview with this months issue of Empire Magazine, the Co-Chairmen and Co-CEO's talked about the various projects that 20th Century Fox are working on. The duo was quizzed on the negative fan reaction to Wolverine and talked more about their next mutant related movie, X-Men: First Class.

On What To Expect From X-Men: First Class:

Tom Rothman: "X-Men: First Class was Bryan Singer's idea and Matthew Vaughn has started directing it. Firstly, it's about the foundation of the friendship between Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr and then eventually the evolution of the split between Professor X and Magneto. In many ways it's bigger than we may have been before in the X-films because it's global - it goes all around the world in it's natural story evolution

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=21138

the fifth man
August 7th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I really hope this movie ends up being a great addition to the franchise.

mr_kennedy
August 7th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Me 2, so far it looks Wolverineless and i hope it stays that way :D

the fifth man
August 7th, 2010, 07:40 PM

Well, it is about their early days. Before Wolverine was in the picture.

mr_kennedy
August 7th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Well, it is about their early days. Before Wolverine was in the picture.

I know, thats why i hope Wolverine isnt in it

SaberBlade
August 8th, 2010, 02:57 AM
I'd bet money on them squeezing in Jackman. I can see the movie exploring Xavier's point of view when he goes to Three Mile Island to save Cyclops, Emma and the others. So a bit of Wolverine would be easy to get in.

mr_kennedy
August 8th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I know his the **** right now in the Marvel world but i would still like an Wolverineless X-men movie, this is after all a prequel to X-men

Its not like im a Wolverine hater, i like the guy really....... but it just annoys me how much he is used in the Marvel world, when Cyclops is much cooler X-man

Madwelshboy
August 8th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I know his the **** right now in the Marvel world but i would still like an Wolverineless X-men movie, this is after all a prequel to X-men

Its not like im a Wolverine hater, i like the guy really....... but it just annoys me how much he is used in the Marvel world, when Cyclops is much cooler X-man

Wolverine, Deadpool & Spiderman are everywhere these days, someone needs to send them all to the Negative Zone :lol:

On another note while i had no feelings either way over the Benjamin Walker stuff a few months ago, but after seing him a film the other day, im disappointed that he's not gonna be in the film now.

mr_kennedy
August 8th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Wolverine, Deadpool & Spiderman are everywhere these days, someone needs to send them all to the Negative Zone :lol:

On another note while i had no feelings either way over the Benjamin Walker stuff a few months ago, but after seing him a film the other day, im disappointed that he's not gonna be in the film now.

Nah its only Wolverine that really hogs the spotlight, yes Spidey & Deadpool are heavily featured in the Marvel world but Wolverine is in everything, he even got his own tv show (which was more about the Phoenix anyway :lol:)

I dont really hate any of the characters infact im a huge Deadpool & Spidey fan but it just bugs me just how much Wolverine is used in the Marvel Universe

Replicator Todd
August 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM

Indeed, Marvel has been milking Wolverine to death! While he is a interesting character that I really like....he really is being overused IMO. A bet their is a chance for a Wolverine cameo anyways...

SaberBlade
August 8th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I can't really comment on Wolverine in the comics (being overused, underused, whored worse than a $10 hooker), but in the movies the character is definitely overused, so much so they had to make sure he gets attention with that cartoon by putting his name first.

X-3 was probably the closest thing to a real X-Men that has been done, because the other two movies were clearly Wolverine films. I guess that's why I am hoping for something special with First Class so it doesn't have to deal with Wolverine. I think Halle Berry had the right idea by wanting more screen time or not returning for the sequels, because it's the only way to get more time for any of the characters.

Puddle-Jumper
August 10th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Can anyone tell me, is this film intended to fit in with the other x men films already made or is it a reboot of sorts? or just another origin story in the same vein as wolverine?

Madwelshboy
August 10th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Can anyone tell me, is this film intended to fit in with the other x men films already made or is it a reboot of sorts? or just another origin story in the same vein as wolverine?

An origin that acts as a prequel to the trilogy

<snip>
Regarding continuity; will X-Men First Class use the same timeline and be "an official, in-continuity prequel"?

"Yeah, I would say absolutely so. You've got Magneto and [Charles] Xavier when they first meet. The backdrop of what's going on in the world when they first meet, it's very interesting. You see them and their relationship develop and play out with this major political event in the background."

the fifth man
August 10th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I really hope this movie can live up to its potential.

Linda06
August 11th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I can't really comment on Wolverine in the comics (being overused, underused, whored worse than a $10 hooker), but in the movies the character is definitely overused, so much so they had to make sure he gets attention with that cartoon by putting his name first.

X-3 was probably the closest thing to a real X-Men that has been done, because the other two movies were clearly Wolverine films. I guess that's why I am hoping for something special with First Class so it doesn't have to deal with Wolverine. I think Halle Berry had the right idea by wanting more screen time or not returning for the sequels, because it's the only way to get more time for any of the characters.

Storm was my fave character in the cartoons, so I was quite disappointed how much we saw her in the movies :( Well in the first anyways cause I can't quite remember the second and third all that well *shrugs*

On sa side note: I ordered the original X-Men series DVD boxset :D

nx01a
August 11th, 2010, 04:31 PM
X-3 was probably the closest thing to a real X-Men that has been done, because the other two movies were clearly Wolverine films. I guess that's why I am hoping for something special with First Class so it doesn't have to deal with Wolverine. I think Halle Berry had the right idea by wanting more screen time or not returning for the sequels, because it's the only way to get more time for any of the characters.I think that X2 was the closest. X3 had Wolverine as the hero who saves the day. Blargh.
For all her faults as Storm, demanding more screen time and character development proved to be the best things Halle did with the role.

Madwelshboy
August 15th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Nightcrawler's Dad Will Be In X-Men: First Class

You can always count on X-Men: First Class to keep popping up in the news. There's been yet another character cast for the movie. Although, I'm not sure if you can call this one an actual mutant.

Superherohype has reported that Jason Flemyng will be playing a small role as Azazel. Azazel has been described as a "teleporter" and of course we all know he is also Nightcrawler's father. Apparently Flemyng was considered for Beast in X-Men 3 when Matthew Vaughn was attached to that. Looks like Vaughn has chosen another role for Flemyng.

With the appearance of Azazel, what does this mean for the movie? We know Mystique is supposed to be in it. Will we be hearing Nightcrawler casting news soon?

http://www.comicvine.com/news/nightcrawlers-dad-will-be-in-x-men-first-class/141874/

SaberBlade
August 15th, 2010, 12:57 PM
It should be interesting to see if they make Mystique the mother of Nightcrawler. I doubt they will, as they made no hints to it in X-2 and Mystique in X-3 when turned to human wasn't as old as she should have been, but interesting to see how they'll do it.

I know games aren't canon, but the Wolverine game (based on the Origins movie) suggests that Wraith and Mystique were Nightcrawlers parents. Good to see the comic is being followed (in part) for this.

Madwelshboy
August 16th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Rose Byrne for 'X-Men: First Class'

Rose Byrne is in talks to join the cast of superhero prequel X-Men: First Class, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The Damages actress will play Moira MacTaggert, a scientist who is the love interest for James McAvoy's mutant telepath Charles Xavier. The character appeared briefly in X-Men: The Last Stand and was portrayed by Olivia Williams.

X-Men: First Class will begin production in London at the end of this month with Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn at the helm.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a262253/rose-byrne-for-x-men-first-class.html

Linda06
August 16th, 2010, 04:09 AM
It should be interesting to see if they make Mystique the mother of Nightcrawler. I doubt they will, as they made no hints to it in X-2 and Mystique in X-3 when turned to human wasn't as old as she should have been, but interesting to see how they'll do it.

I know games aren't canon, but the Wolverine game (based on the Origins movie) suggests that Wraith and Mystique were Nightcrawlers parents. Good to see the comic is being followed (in part) for this.

I thought Mystique was Nightcrawlers mother and Rogue's, um surrogate mother of sorts? It's been a while since I saw the original cartoons so my memory is a little fuzzy on this.

SaberBlade
August 16th, 2010, 06:14 AM
I thought Mystique was Nightcrawlers mother and Rogue's, um surrogate mother of sorts? It's been a while since I saw the original cartoons so my memory is a little fuzzy on this.

She's Nightcrawler's mother and Rogue's adoptive mother in the comics, but within the X-Movies there is no relationship at all. They've ignored it so it should be interesting to see if they'll include her as Nightcrawler's mother as they are introducing the father.

Linda06
August 16th, 2010, 06:53 AM
She's Nightcrawler's mother and Rogue's adoptive mother in the comics, but within the X-Movies there is no relationship at all. They've ignored it so it should be interesting to see if they'll include her as Nightcrawler's mother as they are introducing the father.

Ah adoptive mother, that's the word I was looking for :D Ok I understand why the went away a bit from the Resident evil games and other things in games when making them into movies. But surely they have to stick to what's canon in the X-men :S

Madwelshboy
August 16th, 2010, 11:27 AM
'X-Men: First Class' Adds Oliver Platt As The Man In Black

If you thought that casting was at an end for "X-Men: First Class," you were wrong — in fact, the forthcoming Marvel Comics adaptation just received a surprising injection of star power in the form of versatile character actor Oliver Platt.

According to Deadline Hollywood, Platt has been added to the cast of director Matthew Vaughn's "First Class," which is set to begin production in England next month.

Platt will play The Man in Black, a non-mutant character. <snip> As for Platt's role in "First Class," it's hard to even guess at the type of character he's playing in the film given the lack of information currently available. Platt typically plays boisterous, flamboyant characters and is no stranger to oscillating between good guys and bad guys, creating some difficulty in pinning down his "X-Men" role's moral allegiance.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/08/16/x-men-first-class-oliver-platt-the-man-in-black/?xrs=share_twitter

nx01a
August 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Every new bit of news about this movie makes me sadder.

SaberBlade
August 16th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Oliver Platt is great, so I think this is good news but I have no idea who "The Man in Black" is. Sounds like a job for Google.

nx01a
August 16th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I'm not complaining about the actor, just about the fact that the movie seems to be casting every other mutant in the Marvel Universe except the real original X-Men or even the earlier students as shown in the previous movies [Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast]... or some sensible approximation thereof.
As for The Man in Black... It's just a placeholder name to keep the villain secret. I'm sure there's some clue as to who it really is, but it'll just disappoint me if I try to figure it out.
No. Wait. I thought about it.
Early X-Men + 'The Man in Black' = The Shadow King (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_King).
Well, maybe. Certainly a sensible villain who belongs in this X-Men time period... Bah. That means it isn't the Shadow King.

SaberBlade
August 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I'm not complaining about the actor, just about the fact that the movie seems to be casting every other mutant in the Marvel Universe except the real original X-Men or even the earlier students as shown in the previous movies [Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast]... or some sensible approximation thereof.
As for The Man in Black... It's just a placeholder name to keep the villain secret. I'm sure there's some clue as to who it really is, but it'll just disappoint me if I try to figure it out.
Early X-Men + 'The Man in Black' = The Shadow King (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_King).
Well, maybe. Certainly a sensible villain who belongs in this X-Men time period... Bah. That means it isn't the Shadow King.

They can't use the established "first class" of the X-Men movies (namely Storm, Jean and Cyclops) because it was Patrick Stewart who recruited them (as seen in X-3 with Jean and Wolverine with Cyclops). With James McAvoy playing Professor X, the characters we would expect are be too young.

A young Beast would also be pointless as they are generally all the same age (at least Beast looked it in his small cameo as Hank in X-1) but then again, it's not like they'd be against retconning as Deadpool and Emma Frost are getting that treatment. Emma's retconning is also being done for First Class.

Linda06
August 17th, 2010, 03:12 AM

Didn't the shadow King manipulate Storm into doing his bidding before Xavier saved her and she joined the X-Men?

I've been kinda disappointed in the movies thus far. And I'm not sure if I want to see and X-Men movie that doesn't at least feature some of the X-Men we know.

Madwelshboy
August 17th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Didn't the shadow King manipulate Storm into doing his bidding before Xavier saved her and she joined the X-Men?

I've been kinda disappointed in the movies thus far. And I'm not sure if I want to see and X-Men movie that doesn't at least feature some of the X-Men we know.

Do you mean that in terms of the previous movies or the x-men in general??

Linda06
August 17th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Do you mean that in terms of the previous movies or the x-men in general??

X-Men in general.

nx01a
August 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I've been kinda disappointed in the movies thus far. And I'm not sure if I want to see and X-Men movie that doesn't at least feature some of the X-Men we know.Shadow King/Storm... Kinda, yeah. :D
I agree. The sheer number of obscure mutants they've included in X3/Wolverine at the expense of quality story and screen time for the core X-Men [whether movie or comic]... It's staggering.

Madwelshboy
August 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Beyond some of the of Xaviers students featured in the main series, some of the Brotherhood characters in X3 and Dominic Monaghan's character is XOW, personally i wouldnt class any of the character featured as "obscure mutants", unnecessary but not obscure. And so far out of the confimed casting for FC, only Darwin & Azazel would fall into obscure category.

nx01a
August 17th, 2010, 12:14 PM
You're right. 'Unnecessary'. That's more appropriate than 'obscure' in terms of First Class so far. But I'll say many of the characters in X3 and, I'm told, Wolverine were both obscure and unnecessary.

IMDB's listing Bacon as playing Sebastian Shaw. :S

DigiFluid
August 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
First Class finds its Moira MacTaggart (http://airlockalpha.com/node/7743/hugh-jackman-drops-avon-man-for-wolverine-2.html)

Meanwhile, "Damages" star Rose Byrne is said to be in final negotiations to join the cast of "X-Men: First Class," the other prequel to the comic book series. Already the movie is pushing toward filming with shoots expected to take place in London by the end of August.

Byrne is expected to play Moira MacTaggert, an expert on genetic mutation and love interest to Charles Xavier (this time played by Scottish actor James McAvoy).

Michael Fassbender, Kevin Bacon, Jennifer Lawrence, Alice Eve, Nicholas Hoult and Jason Flemyng also have signed on for the project.

"X-Men: First Class" is being directed by Matthew Vaughn based on a script and story by Jane Goldman, Ashley Miller, Jamie Moss, Josh Schwartz, Bryan Singer and Zack Stentz, according to Internet Movie Database.

DigiFluid
August 18th, 2010, 07:15 AM
January Jones joins First Class (http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/january-jones-heads-x-men-first-class-mutant-roster/)

January Jones Set For 'X-Men: First Class'

EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has rounded out the cast of X-Men: First Class, and the big surprise is that Mad Men star January Jones has been signed to play the role of Emma Frost, the gorgeous mutant with telepathic powers. At the same time, director Matthew Vaughn has set Zoe Kravitz to play Angel; Jason Flemyng will play Azazel, the father of Nightcrawler; Bill Milner to play the young version of Magneto (Michael Fassbender), and Morgan Lily to play the Young Raven. They join Fassbender, James McAvoy (Xavier), Nicholas Hoult (Beast) Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee), Lucas Till (Havoc), Edi Gathegi (Darwin), who round out the mutant contingent. Kevin Bacon is playing the villain, Rose Byrne will play McAvoy's love interest Moira MacTaggert, and Oliver Platt is playing The Man in Black. Production begins August 23 in London.

As a fan of Mad Men, this is relevant to my interests :D

Linda06
August 18th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Looks through list........Wait back up. I thought Angel was a dude :confused: I'm confused :S

And um, I'm kinda drawing a blank on who Raven, Banshee and Darwin are :o

Um I didn't read the comics, were they in the X-Men cartoons at some point?

Madwelshboy
August 18th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Looks through list........Wait back up. I thought Angel was a dude :confused: I'm confused :S

And um, I'm kinda drawing a blank on who Raven, Banshee and Darwin are :o

Um I didn't read the comics, were they in the X-Men cartoons at some point?

The casting for a Young Raven is Young Mystique (Raven is here real name).

Banshee is an Irish mutant, who possesses a "sonic scream". He was in a few episode of the animated series, he fought Black Tom Cassidy in the Phoenix Saga and alongside the X-Men in "Proteus".

Darwin is a modern character created in 2006.

The Angel in this case is assumed to be Angel Salvadore(later named Tempest), is another modern character created in 2001.

Linda06
August 18th, 2010, 08:26 AM
The casting for a Young Raven is Young Mystique (Raven is here real name).

Banshee is an Irish mutant, who possesses a "sonic scream". He was in a few episode of the animated series, he fought Black Tom Cassidy in the Phoenix Saga and alongside the X-Men in "Proteus".

Darwin is a modern character created in 2006.

The Angel in this case is assumed to be Angel Salvadore(later named Tempest), is another modern character created in 2001.

*facepalm* Of course, now I remember Raven and Banshee :o No wonder I didn't remember the others ;)

nx01a
August 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Fly Girl Angel? Ew. It's like they're picking third string mutants at random now.

Madwelshboy
August 21st, 2010, 12:59 AM
Bryan Singer Updates X-Men: First Class; Hellfire Club Villains & Silver Age Setting

Singer gives a great length update with Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News on the upcoming prequel.

"The film takes place in the 1960's. John F Kennedy is the President of the United States. Martin Luther King and Malcolm X are on TV doing marches. There is a spirit of a hopeful future that was prevalent in that time. We will see how Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr met - and how they dreamt of a future with Mutant & Human kind.

They're going to be in their late twenties. Xavier will not be in his wheelchair to begin the film - but we will see how he wound up in a wheelchair. We're going to see Professor X when he still had hair. We'll see McAvoy and Fassbender's Magneto formulate what it is they are attempting by creating the X-MEN.

Now Bryan wanted us to know this is not the conventional "First Class" comic, but rather a new beginning for "X-Men". Set in the 60s - Vaughn is technologically inspired by James Bond's tech of the time. The costumes will be far more comic bookish than we've seen before, and while Scott and Jean aren't here,Cyclops' brother Alex Summers aka Havoc will be

With January Jones and Kevin Bacon playing Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw, as speculated, we'll be getting the "Hellfire Club". AICN commented that the "Hellfire Club" has always felt like something that it would be wrong to modernize, as it felt as though it were something specific to the swinging Hefner era of the 60s... and Bryan said"that's exactly why they're making use of the HELLFIRE CLUB... the dress and the costumes associated with that glorious period of the X-MEN... belong in the 60s."

"filming will begin with Xavier at Oxford University in the 60s. And Bryan is excited that the film is going to have a much more international feel than the prior X-MEN movies. They'll be shooting in England & the United States - and they'll be representing other locales around the globe as well, but would only tell me that Russia (aka The Soviet Union... CCCP) will be amongst them. He doesn't want to show all the cards just yet. But the International flavor will give the film a more James Bond vibe... I get the idea that this is going to be something quite special."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=21740

the fifth man
August 21st, 2010, 07:57 PM
I really do hope that this movie turns out to be something very special.

DigiFluid
August 21st, 2010, 08:19 PM
I guess we'll see. "Young so-and-so" titles tend to be either really good or really bad.

the fifth man
August 22nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
I guess we'll see. "Young so-and-so" titles tend to be either really good or really bad.

Yeah, I know. I just hope this is one that ends up being really good.

Linda06
August 24th, 2010, 05:26 AM
It was in the newspaper at the weekend, so Moira McTaggert will be played by an Australian? I hope she can do a better Scottish accent than Mel Gibson :p

DigiFluid
August 24th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Gibson's Scottish accent was passable enough to this non-Scot :p

Linda06
August 24th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Gibson's Scottish accent was passable enough to this non-Scot :p

You should come to Scotland and see what we really sound like :p (and yes Jel I know that it was based from centuries ago and people sounded so much different back then :p)

I didn't like Braveheart much. I don't mind them ....tweaking history a bit to fit a movie, but there were just far too many inconsistencies throughout that movie to ignore :p

Madwelshboy
August 24th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Remember guys the topics is X-Men: First Class not the Scottish Mel Gibson or Braveheart.

Linda06
August 24th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Sorry :o We get a bit carried away at times :o

So when is this penned to be out?

Madwelshboy
August 24th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Sorry :o We get a bit carried away at times :o

So when is this penned to be out?

June 3, 2011 is the current date given.

Linda06
August 24th, 2010, 11:39 AM
:eek: That's like years away :eek: well not really, but it's ages away :p

TBH I'm not sure how I feel about this movie :o

DigiFluid
August 24th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I've pretty regularly heard it referred to as 'the X-Men babies movie' :lol:

DigiFluid
September 8th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Check out the first look at January Jones as Emma Frost at Blastr (http://blastr.com/2010/09/first-look-at-january-jon.php)....I am less than impressed :S

mr_kennedy
September 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM
That makes 2 of us, thats not Emma Frost..........:mckay:

Replicator Todd
September 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Check out the first look at January Jones as Emma Frost at Blastr (http://blastr.com/2010/09/first-look-at-january-jon.php)....I am less than impressed :S

Thats....looking....well.....that is looking.....well....yeah. I miss the Emma Frost from Wolverine....or Emma Silverfox....whatever

DigiFluid
September 8th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Yeah Emma Frost is supposed to be considerably more....revealing (http://marvel.wikia.com/Emma_Frost_(Earth-616)).

No nakedness at link or anything, just suggestive comic costumes.

the fifth man
September 9th, 2010, 06:19 PM

I'll give her a shot, but yeah, I am not exactly wowed.

SaberBlade
September 9th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Looks like something Emma Peel would wear, rather than Emma Frost. I'll wait for the half naked/appealing to perverts/appealing to 13 year old boys version of Emma before I judge, but with that hat, she's going to have to get fairly naked to get my approval. It's horrible looking.

DigiFluid
September 9th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Looks like something Emma Peel would wear, rather than Emma Frost. I'll wait for the half naked/appealing to perverts/appealing to 13 year old boys version of Emma before I judge, but with that hat, she's going to have to get fairly naked to get my approval. It's horrible looking.
But that's what she's supposed to look like! This nonsense is like....a Captain Picard with hair :weiranime33:

mr_kennedy
September 10th, 2010, 12:12 AM
But that's what she's supposed to look like! This nonsense is like....a Captain Picard with hair :weiranime33:

:lol: indeed, No more PG13 Emma Frost please not that i really care, but its what makes Emma Frost........ Emma Frost

nx01a
September 10th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Nothing about the movie is making me anxious to see it. :'( And I desperately want something to impress me!

mr_kennedy
September 10th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Me Either :( I probably still will though but like u say im not anxious to go and see it

Im more excited about the Avengers movie and the Thor movie coming out than this

the fifth man
September 10th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Nothing about the movie is making me anxious to see it. :'( And I desperately want something to impress me!

Hopefully, a trailer will impress.

Angela V
September 11th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Alex is going to be in the movie but not Scott?!?! I swear Bryan Singer likes to take the X-Men and turn them upside down and shake them until something weird happens. I still can't forgive him for taking Scott (putting the actor in that don'twanttormemberSupermanmovie instead) out of X-Men 3 and ruining the Phoenix Saga. Did he even READ it? grumplesnikgrumple.

DigiFluid
September 11th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Alex is going to be in the movie but not Scott?!?! I swear Bryan Singer likes to take the X-Men and turn them upside down and shake them until something weird happens. I still can't forgive him for taking Scott (putting the actor in that don'twanttormemberSupermanmovie instead) out of X-Men 3 and ruining the Phoenix Saga. Did he even READ it? grumplesnikgrumple.
Bryan Singer wasn't involved in X3 beyond the earliest pre-production, he left the film to work on Superman Returns. You can thank Brett Ratner for destroying X3. And Halle Berry for being full of herself after winning her Oscar and demanding a starring part in the story, or else she walks.

the fifth man
September 12th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Personally, I didn't think that X3 was too bad of a film.

jelgate
September 12th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Bryan Singer wasn't involved in X3 beyond the earliest pre-production, he left the film to work on Superman Returns. You can thank Brett Ratner for destroying X3. And Halle Berry for being full of herself after winning her Oscar and demanding a starring part in the story, or else she walks.

And bad as X3 was I can kind of understand Berry's POV. She didn't do much in the first two films. And their lies the fault of the X-men movies. They focus way too much on some characters making others nothing but wallpaper. Wolverine being the most obvious example

nx01a
September 13th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Storm had exactly as much screen time as she deserved as part of an ensemble cast in X2.
And of course Wolverine gets all the attention. He IS Marvel's chief harlot.;)

The only thing that could potentially save this movie is if they do a version of the relatively recent Deadly Genesis arc and have a pre-Scott/Jean/etc. team of X-People go out on their first mission and die horribly [maybe vs. Magneto] and Xavier gets crippled in the process. They can then do some nice segueing into a second movie actually featuring Scott/Jean/etc. and Xavier training them right. :D

SaberBlade
September 13th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I don't think Xavier can't be crippled in the movie, as he's walking about just fine in Wolverine. If they keep changing things, then eventually the events of Wolverine itself will result in it being a separate universe to the other movies.

Madwelshboy
September 21st, 2010, 09:46 AM
Riptide Gets Cast for X-Men: First Class

And you thought X-MEN: FIRST CLASS’ casting craziness could’ve have concluded! The movie’s already started shooting, but the crew’s added another name to the staggering list of mutants who will appear - - Riptide. Slash Film’s saying he’s going to be played by Alex Gonzalez, a Spanish actor who’s only English language role so far was in that Harvey Milk biopic that Sean Penn won an Oscar for. As for Riptide? If you haven’t been keeping on your henchmen, Riptide was a founding member of Mr. Sinister’s first gang of cronies, the Marauders. He’s got top-spinning powers similar to the Cyclone with the added threat of shuriken and gross-sounding “calcified masses” he flings at high velocities while mid-flight.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/riptide-gets-cast-for-x-men-first-class/142125/

Snowman37
September 21st, 2010, 04:35 PM
Ya'll keep saying that having a young Xavier in a wheelchair would mess with X-Men Origis: Wolverine, but what about X-Men: The Last Stand? The flashback twenty years before the meat of the story had Xavier walking. Basically, Xavier doesn't end up in a wheel chair until after he goes bald. If First Class ends with Xavier in a wheelchair, it's going to conflict with two movies.

the fifth man
September 21st, 2010, 05:53 PM
They definitely have a lot to consider in regards to Xavier in this film. I hope they can make the right decisions.

nx01a
September 21st, 2010, 06:28 PM
Considering the characters being cast so far, I'm doubting that any right decisions are being made re: this movie.

SaberBlade
September 21st, 2010, 06:45 PM
Ya'll keep saying that having a young Xavier in a wheelchair would mess with X-Men Origis: Wolverine, but what about X-Men: The Last Stand? The flashback twenty years before the meat of the story had Xavier walking. Basically, Xavier doesn't end up in a wheel chair until after he goes bald. If First Class ends with Xavier in a wheelchair, it's going to conflict with two movies.

I had forgotten about that. Retconning Wolverine wouldn't have been so bad (as it's it's own separate series) since they are doing it with Deadpool, but to also end up screwing around with the X-3 events would be worse.

nx01a
September 21st, 2010, 06:50 PM
For me, anything after X2 should be retconned. :(

Angela V
September 21st, 2010, 08:13 PM

Bryan Singer took the actor to Superman. That meant no Scott Summers for the griping tale of Jean Grey going to the dark side. That alone ruined the Dark Phoenix Saga. That was the first X-Men storyline I read and it made me cry my eyes out. Though strangely enough I like X3 way better than Superman Returns.

I have no problems with more story for Storm! She is one of my favourites and I felt she was way underused in the other movies.

Angela V
September 21st, 2010, 08:15 PM
I don't think Xavier can't be crippled in the movie, as he's walking about just fine in Wolverine. If they keep changing things, then eventually the events of Wolverine itself will result in it being a separate universe to the other movies.

But in the comcis doesn't Charles go from walking to wheelchair A LOT? You can have a fun drinking game when starting from the beginning. Though I've only read up to start of 1997 so don't know how many times he's yo-yoed since then.

nx01a
September 21st, 2010, 09:58 PM
You're right, Angela. Chuck's up and walking right now in the comics. For how long... :S
Still, it would be fun to see his first brush with the wheelchair in a movie, this time thanks to Magneto.

Madwelshboy
December 26th, 2010, 01:07 AM
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS Official Plot Synopsis

X-Men: First Class charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/x-men-first-class-official-plot-synopsis-includes-armageddon.php#ixzz19D8y41Nf

the fifth man
December 26th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I am still pretty excited about this movie. I really hope this can live up to expectations.

Replicator Todd
December 26th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I hope we get a trailer soon.

SaberBlade
December 26th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I hope we get a trailer soon.

Has filming even started yet?

Replicator Todd
December 26th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Has filming even started yet?

Yes, or at least I thought it did in September.....maybe I was wrong....

the fifth man
December 27th, 2010, 07:39 PM
We definitely need a trailer. And not just a teaser either.

Madwelshboy
January 18th, 2011, 11:19 AM
First Look at X-Men: First Class's Line-Up

http://www.comicvine.com/news/first-look-at-x-men-first-classs-line-up/142738/

Replicator Todd
January 18th, 2011, 11:33 AM
First Look at X-Men: First Class's Line-Up

http://www.comicvine.com/news/first-look-at-x-men-first-classs-line-up/142738/

The image looks terrible IMO.

SaberBlade
January 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
It looks really cheesy, like cosplay kind of cheesy. I'll wait for proper, high res individual images of Emm.. each character before I give an opinion because it looks like someone just cut and paste them onto a small image so they'd not risk the image being pulled offline.

nx01a
January 18th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Horrible image, especially considering what's been released as promo images for Thor and Cap so far.

I'll wait for some high quality photos, thanks. And a proper trailer.

the fifth man
January 19th, 2011, 09:33 PM
They really need to release a trailer already. Come on, people.

Replicator Todd
January 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM
The teaser poster (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114032-x-men-first-class-teaser-poster-arrives) is awesome.

And here is some great moive stills (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114030-more-x-men-first-class-photos)(or whatever they are called), after seeing these I am really looking forward to this film.

LtColCarter
January 20th, 2011, 11:40 AM
The teaser poster (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114032-x-men-first-class-teaser-poster-arrives) is awesome.

And here is some great moive stills (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114030-more-x-men-first-class-photos)(or whatever they are called), after seeing these I am really looking forward to this film.

Thanks for those postings...

I just happened to hear about this film yesterday. It peaked my interest! :-)

Replicator Todd
January 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Here is two more (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114051-vaughn-says-x-men-first-class-promo-image-was-not-approved) cool pictures of Magneto and Xavier and director Matthew Vaughn freaking out about that crappy phootshopped-looking cast picture.

LtColCarter
January 20th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Here is two more (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114051-vaughn-says-x-men-first-class-promo-image-was-not-approved) cool pictures of Magneto and Xavier and director Matthew Vaughn freaking out about that crappy phootshopped-looking cast picture.

I didn't think it looked that bad...

Replicator Todd
January 20th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I didn't think it looked that bad...

No, but it looked more fan made than a official promo.

the fifth man
January 20th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I really want this movie to be a good one. I love the X-Men.

SaberBlade
January 21st, 2011, 02:19 AM
I have to say, the poster does look better now it doesn't seem photoshopped badly, overall, I still don't like it that much because it just looks like individual character promos overlapped. I do however like the large X poster.

The costumes are good too. They remind me a bit of Cap's costume for his movie, but more plain for civilians. At the same time, I think this is what costumes should be like for superhero movies rather than the $100,000 costumes they made for Spider-Man. Magneto however needs a smaller helmet. If he turned fast enough, I think it would slide too far and block his vision.

LtColCarter
January 21st, 2011, 07:19 AM
I have to say, the poster does look better now it doesn't seem photoshopped badly, overall, I still don't like it that much because it just looks like individual character promos overlapped. I do however like the large X poster.

The costumes are good too. They remind me a bit of Cap's costume for his movie, but more plain for civilians. At the same time, I think this is what costumes should be like for superhero movies rather than the $100,000 costumes they made for Spider-Man. Magneto however needs a smaller helmet. If he turned fast enough, I think it would slide too far and block his vision.

:lol:

Replicator Todd
January 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM
I really want this movie to be a good one. I love the X-Men.

Indeed! I love the X-Men as well and I have great hope in this film. I'm looking forward to it more than Cap, Thor, and Green Lantern!

nx01a
January 21st, 2011, 11:15 AM
I'm not feeling the 'V For Victory' on Magneto's helmet. :S
The production value on the movie looks quite good, but I said the same thing about Wolverine...

Typical fanboy negativity aside, I honestly hope the movie's good. I can't take 3 bad X-related movies in a row.

Galileo_Galilee
January 21st, 2011, 05:25 PM
It'd better be a true X-Men movie and not a Wolverine movie in disguise. Please, no more Wolverine.

LtColCarter
January 22nd, 2011, 06:25 AM
It'd better be a true X-Men movie and not a Wolverine movie in disguise. Please, no more Wolverine.

I've not heard any mention of Wolverine.

SaberBlade
January 22nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
I've not heard any mention of Wolverine.

Given the year it's set, he shouldn't be in it. He's still with Sabertooth at that time and given how early in the 60s the US got involved in the Vietnam War, I wouldn't be surprised if the their back story for Wolverine included them getting involved in the war at an early stage (assuming someone bothered to write some sort of timeline for everything). So I wouldn't expect Wolverine at all.

LtColCarter
January 22nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Given the year it's set, he shouldn't be in it. He's still with Sabertooth at that time and given how early in the 60s the US got involved in the Vietnam War, I wouldn't be surprised if the their back story for Wolverine included them getting involved in the war at an early stage (assuming someone bothered to write some sort of timeline for everything). So I wouldn't expect Wolverine at all.

You are very correct...

nx01a
January 22nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
This will be the first X movie without Wolverine. That's definitely a good thing.

Snowman37
January 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM
What's with the Wolverine hate?

SaberBlade
January 22nd, 2011, 02:37 PM
What's with the Wolverine hate?

Because X-1, 2 and 3 were essentially Wolverine movies rather than X-Men. We thought Wolverine was important in X-1 (even though it turned out to be Rogue) so he got the attention, X-2 was just as much a Wolverine movie when compared to Wolverine, and X-3 pretty much built up him as the leader of the X-Men (even if Storm ended up in charge of the school).

It's like doing an Avengers movie and focusing on Iron Man most of the time.

nx01a
January 22nd, 2011, 03:26 PM
Logan's a wonderful character... if you want someone/thing killed. Apart from that, he's not a leader. He may be the most famous X-Man, but he got way too much spotlight and a vastly enhanced role in the X-movies at the expense of developing the other characters.

One good thing about the First Class mutants: most of them are obviously cannon fodder and will hopefully be killed in spectacular fashion. :D

the fifth man
January 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
This will be the first X movie without Wolverine. That's definitely a good thing.

It will certainly be different without him. I am fine with that though. There are a lot of good characters to explore in the X-Universe.

Sp!der
January 22nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
I like the actors they chose for the new X-Men Movie, although I will miss my magneto and pica...xavier ;) one of the movies I am actually excited about, always liked the movies and wolverine did not bother me at all but your are true Wolverine: Originis could have been just X-Men 4, most of the people would not even have noticed the differences ;)

nx01a
January 23rd, 2011, 05:38 AM
I like the actors they chose for the new X-Men Movie, although I will miss my magneto and pica...xavier ;) one of the movies I am actually excited about, always liked the movies and wolverine did not bother me at all but your are true Wolverine: Originis could have been just X-Men 4, most of the people would not even have noticed the differences ;)LOL!

I wonder if Xavier will steadily lose his hair throughout the movie? :P