This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Phoenix

One thing that could be a really good idea is have a Movie that has the crew of the Phoenix and work with that. Lets see a nother side of the stargate program answer some questions like what advancements have we made because of it? did we start exploring out own solar system? What other programs did we start because of the SG program? Maybe we find somthing of importance that a nother race left behind... A movie closer to home.

This is bordering on Star Trek My friend

Comment

this is just alittle off topic but, i always thought it would have been interesting to see a ship based episode in the same style that the episodes hero's 1 and 2 was done in...have a film crew on 1 of earth ships doing interviews and just showing us the inner workings of the ship and its crew...i always figured it'd be a great episode for atlantis onboard the DAEDALUS...

Comment

I don't know about a whole movie, but I definitely would have liked a ship-based episode. Sure, we had Intruder in season 2 of SGA and The Deadalus Variations this season, but the ship was more like a setting. It was...there. I'd really have liked an episode where you see more of the crew doing their jobs, seeing what exactly the ships do. I mean, do they only go back and forth between Earth and Atlantis? And the Odyssey just sits in orbit around Earth until it's time to blow something up? Do they have basic reconnaissance mission around what was once Goa'uld space?
        I agree that a Heroes-type episode would have worked for this. Sure, BSG also did it, but I would have liked to see it. You know, like taking the start of "Prometheus" and actually developing that story, without the news crew hijacking the ship.

Comment

A documentary style film crew would be good aboard an Earth ship. Showing us the different roles in making the ship function and possibly how the crew (not just the bridge crew) handle a battle or rescue.

Comment

I like luckygate's idea.
            Perhaps this could be at the start, or mixed in with some parts of a new SG1 film, only those parts showing each ship and then how the world is reacting to the news.
            If the next SG1 film is going to deal with revealing the Stargate program to the population of Earth, then this could be done as part of the whole story of the reveal.

As many have said across a number of different threads that I've read there are a lot of questions that have gone unanswered regarding what exactly other than incorporating the Asgard Plasma Beam weapons, learning more about shields, sensors, hyperdrive engines etc has been done with the Asgard's legacy, I mean they made it so that we could learn and develop much quicker to fill their shoes, so perhaps this film could deal with us truly becoming 'The Fifth Race' of the alliance, perhaps even revisiting the Nox and learning more about them as a race.

Anyway those would be my hopes, that's definitely a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
              wouldn't be the first time for stargate

KEEP IT CLEAN
              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                wouldn't be the first time for stargate
                Personally I'm a big fan of the recent Star Trek series (TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise) so I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Comment

An interview-style episode seems kind of boring. I would however like a movie featuring the Phoenix and that shows the technical advancements we've made. Hopefully they bring in The Phoenix in "Enemy At The Gate". I saw an image of Todd aboard a 304... so there's hope

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

I'm not big on the idea of a series or movie that focused on a ship, it's called stargate for a reason. Still, for an episode here or there it would have been kinda nice.

Comment

With Stargate Universe now, I personally would like SG-1 stick to the traditional stuff.
                      No off-world base in another galaxy and especially not a whole film about a ship.
                      += +lots of children
                      Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller supporter!

Comment

SGverse has had ships with stargates in them for 13 years. Why can the Daedalous have one in its 302 bay, its had several in there before.

Comment

I like Lucky's idea its a bit diffferent to hwat we are used too but also what else can we do with another movie now we have no enemies of concern in the milky way

Comment

Carter on the phoenix running MW missions with a stargate in the cargobay, or Caldwell on the Daedalus running supply missions, would make an incredible story for a movie or miniseries. The stuff they encounter in either galaxy, the huge void between, or the dozens of smaller satellite galaxies between are RIPE with story material.

But Caldwells presumably gonna be in SGA movies and Carter in SG1 movies. So until something comes up to delay/prevent either of those they should just keep them were they are. But if they cant get sheppard for a year or two, or part of SG1 is off having a family or something this is a great idea to fill the void.

Its filler material that builds the mythos. You can throw in secondary or tertiary characters like Cavanaugh, Novak, and all the other recurrings. And theyll cost less than the main regulars!

Remember Prometheus Unbound? That + new aliens and new story = win. Frankly just Amanda Tapping or Mitch Pillegi (sp?) could carry such a show/mini series on their own name power.

Comment

Working...
                            X