This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lanteans/Ancients remnents in Universe

hi every obdy, new here to gate world forums and so far i havent seen any posts like this one so i was just putting it up there... i really want to see more lanteans in this new show. i mean why not, they are a major theme if not the main one they are after all "the gate buiulders" and even with the ship surely the shows creators would include them even with the ship it was after all a science vessel and no high tech race wuold just le a highly technological ship carrying extremely knowlegable things including other spacecraft just to drift unmanned into unexplored territory i mean thats absurd isnt it? sure it is i mean hey the lanteans were ignorent and arrogent, which letsface it ultimately caused their downfall with the wraih but even they prioritised their security with their knowledge such as the many safeguards and not to mention the ATA gene. and this was even way before atlantises production so surely the lanteans were much more careful. it was hinted that they helped other races but this was far later and in the pegusus galaxy.

surely the producers, having left the lantean aspect wide open can not leave them out. as it would be cutting a peice of stargate. sorry if this post is too long but i just love the ancients, they bring a uniqueness to the shows thatno others can fill.

Originally posted by shas'Vre View Post
    the lanteans were ignorent and arrogent, which letsface it ultimately caused their downfall with the wraih
    I think this part of your post explains why we wont see any lanteans in the new show!

Comment

hi every obdy, new here to gate world forums and so far i havent seen any posts like this one so i was just putting it up there... i really want to see more lanteans in this new show. i mean why not, they are a major theme if not the main one they are after all "the gate buiulders" and even with the ship surely the shows creators would include them even with the ship it was after all a science vessel and no high tech race wuold just le a highly technological ship carrying extremely knowlegable things including other spacecraft just to drift unmanned into unexplored territory i mean thats absurd isnt it? sure it is i mean hey the lanteans were ignorent and arrogent, which letsface it ultimately caused their downfall with the wraih but even they prioritised their security with their knowledge such as the many safeguards and not to mention the ATA gene. and this was even way before atlantises production so surely the lanteans were much more careful. it was hinted that they helped other races but this was far later and in the pegusus galaxy.

surely the producers, having left the lantean aspect wide open can not leave them out. as it would be cutting a peice of stargate. sorry if this post is too long but i just love the ancients, they bring a uniqueness to the shows thatno others can fill.
      Love the Ancients, and would like to see more of them!

Comment

do u think there will b a repisotry database on the destiny? No has mentioned it

Comment

sure it is i mean hey the lanteans were ignorent and arrogent, which letsface it ultimately caused their downfall with the wraih
          This argument gets so redundant and weak every time I hear it. The Lanteans couldn't have caused their own downfall; granted, they played a part in the emergence of the Wraith, but it isn't like they didn't try to fight them off. They sacrificed their entire civilization to defend the billions of humans in Pegasus, even when they could have gated back to Earth as soon as they saw the danger and allowed the galaxy to be swallowed up without so much as losing a single life of their own.

They were ignorant of the danger the Wraith posed, not seeing how advanced they truly were, yes. And they were arrogant to believe that their technology could keep them safe from any enemy, yes. But those things don't characterize their entire species, just as our faults don't characterize humanity. We are, on the whole, a violent race, but we also know a great deal about peace, kinship, and understanding, just as they were a rather pacifistic race, but also knew much of science, compassion, and spirituality.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            This argument gets so redundant and weak every time I hear it. The Lanteans couldn't have caused their own downfall; granted, they played a part in the emergence of the Wraith, but it isn't like they didn't try to fight them off. They sacrificed their entire civilization to defend the billions of humans in Pegasus, even when they could have gated back to Earth as soon as they saw the danger and allowed the galaxy to be swallowed up without so much as losing a single life of their own.

They were ignorant of the danger the Wraith posed, not seeing how advanced they truly were, yes. And they were arrogant to believe that their technology could keep them safe from any enemy, yes. But those things don't characterize their entire species, just as our faults don't characterize humanity. We are, on the whole, a violent race, but we also know a great deal about peace, kinship, and understanding, just as they were a rather pacifistic race, but also knew much of science, compassion, and spirituality.
            True. We have to give the Ancients (albeit a fictional race) credit for surviving as a civilization for over 50 million years (as their timeline goes)--an incredible achievement. Some of the things they've done may seem to have been unwise, even stupid at times, but that's 20/20 hindsight.
            My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

ok but is it not said by todd that the ancients carrelessy disregarded their ships and come on lets not forget about the other various other "research" conducted by them. in short to respond to this i love the ancients and want 2 c more of them but lets not delude ourselvs as to the facts that they arent as much of a peace loving pacifist race as we are meant to believe, they are just the same when ascended as non coporial lets not forget about that.

Comment

and as for a repository on board i have little reason to not believe y there wouldnt b 1 as it was a research ship for experimental duties however no one by this i mean other than the lanteans themselfs or asgards etc would be biologically advanced enough to withhold the knowlegde of ALL ancients. though just because no one can use it does not mean that some where there might be one.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                  Some of the things they've done may seem to have been unwise, even stupid at times, but that's 20/20 hindsight.
                  Or plot devices to explain why a super-race with millions of years of scientific knowledge couldn't come up with an effective weapon for defeating Wraith.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                    Or plot devices to explain why a super-race with millions of years of scientific knowledge couldn't come up with an effective weapon for defeating Wraith.
                    excellent piont i mean we see the lanteanss develope powerful weapons as welll as biologial ones however they drop these succesful means and return to SOL system and then 10 K later we see the tauri whom i might add are far more primitive beable to defeat the wriath or at least cause them to become a less significant and controllable threat. surely the lanteans somewhere must still exist just like the crew of the trea "living, breathing ancients"-Rodney Mckay. this just goes to show that there is a high probability that there are othe ancients out there i mean we know for a fact that the lanteans had very powerful ships that could take on the wraith ships 8 to 1 or close to it.

look this debate can go on forever but i do not think that the lanteans are gone for good there must be others out there somewhere, just look at the asgards i mean come on the lanteans took them with them to pegusus galaxy as is seen with Daniel conversing with one. we see their planet get destroyed by themselfs but here they are and in lantean war armourso what if the other lanteans did the same. i just cant accept that a highly advanced race that had the means to save themselvs just die i can not believe that.

Comment

excellent piont i mean we see the lanteanss develope powerful weapons as welll as biologial ones however they drop these succesful means and return to SOL system and then 10 K later we see the tauri whom i might add are far more primitive beable to defeat the wriath or at least cause them to become a less significant and controllable threat. surely the lanteans somewhere must still exist just like the crew of the trea "living, breathing ancients"-Rodney Mckay. this just goes to show that there is a high probability that there are othe ancients out there i mean we know for a fact that the lanteans had very powerful ships that could take on the wraith ships 8 to 1 or close to it.

look this debate can go on forever but i do not think that the lanteans are gone for good there must be others out there somewhere, just look at the asgards i mean come on the lanteans took them with them to pegusus galaxy as is seen with Daniel conversing with one. we see their planet get destroyed by themselfs but here they are and in lantean war armourso what if the other lanteans did the same. i just cant accept that a highly advanced race that had the means to save themselvs just die i can not believe that.
                      I can't either. We do't know how many Ancients went back to Earth, but I'm going to assume it's a lot more than the few dozen that we saw go through the Atlantis Gate back to Earth in "Before I Sleep." There could have been millions of them, for all we know!

I don't think an advanced race with a large population and highly advanced technology would just die out. I think they are hiding in another galaxy somewhere. My bets are on Andromeda.

Comment

i couldnt agree with u more. the tag line even a story line for the lanteans is still very much open whether we like it or not and i for one very much like it. i just hope that some day they actually do a stargate show for the ancients i mean come on tauri are so primitive and yet they overcome i mean dont get me wrong im a huge fan of the sgc well in some parts, and other parts such as when dealing with new races i dont agree with but hey they should at least try to be realistic and not have the most advanced races being killed or dying out and the most primitive ones surviving where they have fallen.
                        but i agree and we see this with the introduction to more asgard despite as we all know it their race being destroyed by themselfs as a result of genetic cloning repeatedly being used.

so does this mean there are more lanteans with lantean tech out there, the most logical and simple answer to this is yes but whether the creators of the show will exploit this is another quetion entirely and one that must be answered with the inclusion of more lanteans within the stargate universe if not canon

Comment

What would be cool is if there was an Ancient as a main or recurring character on the show. We need to see more Ancients, particularly ones that do not simply die or Ascend at the end of the episode. I really liked Ayiana, and was sad when she died. Janus was a great character, too. Wish we could see more of him.

Comment

There can't be too many Ancients in the path of the Destiny. The Ancients didn't bother to complete the mission so that area of space was low priority to them. Other than what's on the ship and any remnant of Ancients that choose to contact them, the only other way Ancients could be in the path of the Destiny is if it was a Janus or Merlin type who was purposely hiding out in the boonies (and maybe purposely stalled the Destiny from its mission).

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
                              There can't be too many Ancients in the path of the Destiny. The Ancients didn't bother to complete the mission so that area of space was low priority to them. Other than what's on the ship and any remnant of Ancients that choose to contact them, the only other way Ancients could be in the path of the Destiny is if it was a Janus or Merlin type who was purposely hiding out in the boonies (and maybe purposely stalled the Destiny from its mission).
                              lol now that would be realy cool and it would give the producers reason to include a lantean in the first place i mean it works doesnt it they could have him appear noble and good and all that as wat the tauri believe the lanteansto be but wat if maybe just maybe a rogue scientist that had traveled back with the counil wanted revenge or something. that will definately work. so there realy is NO reaso why the producers cant put an lantean on board.

Comment

Working...
                              X