Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Woolsey activate the transporter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Woolsey activate the transporter?

As the title says how did Woolsey activate the transporter? It was the only thing that bothered me about this episode. I know that computer-device thing can give you hallucinations so maybe that was it but it just seemed odd because he didn’t even touch the screen or had any free hands.

Your thoughts?
    The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

dang thats a good point, maybe the booth can go via mental command as well, and woosley happened to activate it that way, but that would mean he has the gene. I dunno thats the only idea I can think of

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
      As the title says how did Woolsey activate the transporter? It was the only thing that bothered me about this episode. I know that computer-device thing can give you hallucinations so maybe that was it but it just seemed odd because he didn’t even touch the screen or had any free hands.

Your thoughts?
      The answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post

Your thoughts?
        True, that is a good question. If it was a hallucination, how did he end up in the area he wanted though? I am stumped. lol
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know if you've ever seen Fight Club but maybe it was like that. Hallucinations can make it appear that someone else is doing something when its actually you who did it. So in this case, it made it look like Conrad activated the door when in reality, Woolsey was actually doing it. I dunno. Just a theory.

Comment

Originally posted by TragicComedy View Post
            I don't know if you've ever seen Fight Club but maybe it was like that. Hallucinations can make it appear that someone else is doing something when its actually you who did it. So in this case, it made it look like Conrad activated the door when in reality, Woolsey was actually doing it. I dunno. Just a theory.
            That's actually a very sound theory. I could see that happening. *nod nod*
            sigpic

Comment

I doubt it. If the A.I. could make people hallucinate like that, practically turning them into puppets, it wouldn't have had to use subterfuge to get them reactivate the device and send it into space.

It could've tricked them into doing it by showing them an illusion, making them think they were eating lunch or something. Why risk it by making contact and then trying to convince Richard to save the Sakari? Why go through all that trouble with John? The A.I. could just trick John into thinking he was ordering a data retrieval when in reality he's ordering a reactivation + launch into space.

Why not just use the expedition like puppets and get it done with within hours or so?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                I doubt it. If the A.I. could make people hallucinate like that, practically turning them into puppets, it wouldn't have had to use subterfuge to get them reactivate the device and send it into space.

It could've tricked them into doing it by showing them an illusion, making them think they were eating lunch or something. Why risk it by making contact and then trying to convince Richard to save the Sakari? Why go through all that trouble with John? The A.I. could just trick John into thinking he was ordering a data retrieval when in reality he's ordering a reactivation + launch into space.

Why not just use the expedition like puppets and get it done with within hours or so?
                Well, I don't think that would really be the case. Just my opinion, but in fight club, when he was fighting Brad Pitt, he was actually hitting himself. So, it would have to be willingly wanting to fix it and send it off. That's why I think it's such a sound theory. They can't make anyone do anything they don't wanna do. Which was why they were creating hallucinations, for John so they could protect themselves, for Rodney so he would find the device, and for Woolsey to see if he was trust worthy enough. lol Anyhow, to each their own, just throwing in my two cents. *nods*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
                  Well, I don't think that would really be the case. Just my opinion, but in fight club, when he was fighting Brad Pitt, he was actually hitting himself. So, it would have to be willingly wanting to fix it and send it off. That's why I think it's such a sound theory. They can't make anyone do anything they don't wanna do. Which was why they were creating hallucinations, for John so they could protect themselves, for Rodney so he would find the device, and for Woolsey to see if he was trust worthy enough. lol Anyhow, to each their own, just throwing in my two cents. *nods*
                  I agree with SerenaSerenity. I don't think the AI had the capability to make anyone do anything they weren't willing to do. Thus the hallucinations. And as to why not use the expedition like puppets? Maybe because it wasn't the right thing to do.

Comment

When my brother and I were trying to figure out what was going on in the episode, I used the fact that she activated the transporter as proof that she was there. The hallucination of Kolya helped John up did he not? So maybe they were slightly more substantial hallucinations? Kind of like in ST:TNG where the little girl makes an imaginary friend who is really an alien.
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree with SerenaSerenity. I don't think the AI had the capability to make anyone do anything they weren't willing to do. Thus the hallucinations. And as to why not use the expedition like puppets? Maybe because it wasn't the right thing to do.
                      I think that too. Maybe they aren't an evil race out to force people to do things they don't wanna do. If that were the case, they probably could have gotten away with a whole lot more. lol

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                      When my brother and I were trying to figure out what was going on in the episode, I used the fact that she activated the transporter as proof that she was there. The hallucination of Kolya helped John up did he not? So maybe they were slightly more substantial hallucinations? Kind of like in ST:TNG where the little girl makes an imaginary friend who is really an alien.
                      Maybe, that's a good theory too.

He might have also pulled himself up thinking the A.I. was helping him up too by hallucination. It's really hard to know. lol

But I do like that theory too. *smiles and nods*
                      sigpic

Comment

I think Woolsey probably hit the button but since the scene was showing his hallucination, we see her hit it. If that makes any sense.

Originally Posted by Amalthea

I don't think Kolya helped him up. I know that he specifically told John to use his other hand, that it was there, but I do not believe there was physical contact.
                        You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                          I don't think Kolya helped him up the cliff at all but then again, Kolya was beating the crap out of John and John felt that but it was all in his head. I mean John thought his hand was chopped off! Just shows that the mind can play some crazy tricks on you.

Comment

In the control room scene with Rodney and Zelenka, Radek doesn't speak. Rodney, as usual, does all the talking to Chuck and Amelia. It was well done, we never knew that Radek wasn't really there. It's sad that same attention to detail didn't extend to using the transporter... That's probably a goof like the lack of gate shielding last time.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
                              But John fell off a cliff by being "pushed". Did he want to do that? So the episode was a bit inconsistent here. Can the A.I. control people like puppets by influence all of the sense, making them think they're doing things they're not really doing or not?

Comment

Working...
                              X