• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheppard's story

it should have taking up more of the ep

i'm a little disappointed
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

I agree, but I think the episode was really good as it was. I think if it focused more on Sheppard and Kolya it would have been better, but then at the same time, it might have felt like a big jip if most of the episode was completely a hallucination.

Perfecto!

Comment

I can understand your points you are making, but I am glad how the episode was. It allowed for a great deal of character development for Woolsey. I just loved how far he has come, even since the beginning of this season. I am so impressed by how the developed him. Right when we found out that Carter was leaving (Amanda Tapping was leaving for her new series.), I knew Woolsey would become the new commander and I knew he would develop right into the character how he is up to this episode.

His development is so great. An excellent Woolsey episode and simply a 'classic Stargate' episode. Sheppard also had character development too. In some places.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one that likes Woosley! This was a good episode for him and I'm glad they are developing his character further.

Comment

i like Woosley but sometimes the you jsut wish the ep would go the direction you want it to go
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The episode basically defined Sheppard's character. Brilliant!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              i like Woosley but sometimes the you jsut wish the ep would go the direction you want it to go
              I agree. It would have been nice to delve deeper into what makes Sheppard tick.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              The episode basically defined Sheppard's character. Brilliant!
              Did you learn something new here that was defining? While I liked the validation that Sheppard does torture himself over the lives lost and the decisions he's made, I already knew that. Joe Flanigan shows that on his face every time it happens.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana
              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                I agree. It would have been nice to delve deeper into what makes Sheppard tick.

Did you learn something new here that was defining? While I liked the validation that Sheppard does torture himself over the lives lost and the decisions he's made, I already knew that. Joe Flanigan shows that on his face every time it happens.
                It reinforced what his character is all about.
                sigpic

Comment

I totally agree with that.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think it's swell that Woolsey's character was fleshed out some more. But it's been nearly five years and we have only the vaguest notion of what drives Sheppard.
                    sigpic

Comment

Indeed. That, and the marriage joke was classic.

I've been hoping there'd be an episode where Sheppard is basically tortured with his failures. This did it rather well. I'm happy with it. Koyla being the manifestation of Sheppard's doubts and failures? Works for me.
                      Rush rocks.

Comment

Such as?
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                          Such as?
                          That his character is dark and that he would sacrifice himself to save others.
                          sigpic

Comment

That his character is dark and that he would sacrifice himself to save others.
                            Those parts of his character have been constantly defined throughout the series.

We've seen dark!Sheppard since Rising, highlighted again in The Eye, The Siege, Miller's Crossing, and most recently in Outsiders.

We've seen his sacrificial nature in The Siege, The Ark, Search and Rescue, The Seed, and most recently in Prodigal.

What was new here?
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Hm...one line that struck out at me was when "Kolya" (did I spell that right?) said something about Sheppard running away from something...I thought that was an interesting statement.
                              That is just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X