Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enterprise: Blalock Interview-Vulcanic Eruption!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enterprise: Blalock Interview-Vulcanic Eruption!

New interview with Jolene Blalock. (T'Pol on Enterprise and Ishta on Stargate)

This is worth reading even if you aren't watching Enterprise anymore! Jolene Blalock really lets down her hair about T'Pol's storyline in S3, what's been wrong with Enterprise in general and the new direction of the show since Manny Coto came on board. She believes S4 will be the last season.

Jolene Blalock: Vulcanic Eruption
    http://www.greatlink.org/dcisV2.asp?...terview135.htm

Here's a pithy little snippet...

"...I mean, you're talking about a show where the Captain doesn't sweat! T'Pol's hair doesn't move - even in battle! And if it does, we re-shoot it. We don't bleed here, and nobody dies. Give me a break! And we're all-knowing. Where's the risk? Where the danger? Where's the drama? Where's the challenge? Where’s the story? Give me a break, I'm bored!"

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Wow, she really speaks her mind. That's not common for actors.

Comment

That basically expresses every single one of my concerns in Enterprise... Except for the fact that I like Jeffery Coombs

Well, as Weyoun I did.
      sigpic
      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

I read the other half where she talks about ST:E being a tit and @ss show. It was so great.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2004/11/...b8948f80.shtml

Check it out here.

Its so surprising that her character is the complete opposite. Its awesome. I like her as Jolene vs T'Pol.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Here's another news article that you might want to check out.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2004/11/...a585a0e7.shtml

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Man she's really blunt. I like that. Honestly, I had seen her on Craig Kilborn a couple of times and I have to say that she came across as somewhat ditzy but she comes across as really intelligent in those interviews. She is bound to tick a bunch of people off. Her and the guy that plays Trip have both been pretty vocal in their disgust for season 3, the "neuropressure" scenes in particular.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

She is blunt. But I admire her honesty and really she's not saying anything most of the fans haven't been saying for a couple of years. Except she doesn't name any names (although it's not hard to figure out who she's talking about)

I guess she figures she doesn't have much to lose - it's not like there are going to be movies with the Enterprise cast and this is probably the last year of the show.
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Well, Chris Judge proved that actors can write excellent scripts, so give Jolene a go on Enterprise.

Though to pick a hole in her arguement, Archer was sweating a lot in The Forge

Comment

I guess you didn't notice that they were in the middle of a massive desert Teal'c. lol j\k

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. I haven't been too favorably impressed with T'Pol since season 1. It's like she's searching for the character or something.....it seems it's because she's unhappy....
                    Desperate Thunker

Comment

Well, I think the writers are steadily focusing that this season. She's "finding herself" again. I've always liked T'Pol, but I'm glad they're repairing some'a the damage done last year. That addiction thing was the worst for me. The Neuropressure, I somehow didn't mind. Maybe it's because I actually like the Trip/T'Pol ship.

Comment

Working...
                      X