This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universe Enemy

Just putting it out there. If there is an all powerful enemy in Universe who rules because everyone has been brainwashed to think they are gods, I will turn it off immediately and never, ever turn it back on.

Most threads have a question. But it might not be to bad to have brainwashed followers.

Comment

I reckon that the Furlings should be the Universe enemy like the "evil" asgaurd in Atlantis. I would actually watch the series if that was the case

Comment

i dont really care who the enemy are as long as they are jus really advanced and a warrior-like race who just rule over everyone through fear.

so like all other races before they became really week and stupid...like the wraith!
        The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

They Should have an enamy that's close in tec to us. but lets face it if there going from galaxy to galaxy every... say 4 months... or less the enemy has to be hela advanced cuz they got to follow them around... some what... I can't see them getting too many seasons out of this consept and stay true to stargate. If they could give us more info on this then what they have we might be more receptive on it. They said that they have had the concept for this since before SG-1 aired they should have even ideas on who the enemies are, what they look like, what makes them the big bad, what they do. Have you ever seen the show firefly? the Revers are ruthless blood savages created by a nother enemy... if we saw somthing simular to that here.. it could work.. I know that they were like the wrath in a way but really the wrath didn't seem too savage. more like animals that were over populated looking for food. besides Im sure that the wrath could have gone a longer time without waking up to feed they just couldn't let the human population get oo big.

Comment

an enemy thats not an enemy. why always this pure evil concept? im more willing to go with a galactic alliance of planets. we are intruders. because of a problem with the destiny, we are seen as enemies [alien ship not responding, possibly dangerous], and attacked. we fight back and win, provoking a war. at the end of the season or so, we jump away. the next galaxy has three superpowers in deadlock fight. two outright fighting, the third a terrorist like faction. we unknowlingly help one, provoking war between us and the others. we decide to help, only to find out we're helping the baddies. that kind of ideas. cause im fed up with technosuperaliens who are the sole dominant race

Comment

personally i love the overbearing gods, and the followers

sigpic
              Sig made by squirrely1
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
              *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

I actually hope they don't have a single enemy that is present throughout. Moving through various galaxies offers the opportunity to have quite a few different enemies, and have arcs that have actual ends to them.

The god thing is good, but no enemy is ever going to live up to the Goa'uld - something I think we saw with the Ori. I'd rather see fresh ideas over trying to reclaim what worked in the past, and never quite being able to live up to it.

Comment

assymetrical aliens or im not watching.
                  Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                  Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                    I actually hope they don't have a single enemy that is present throughout. Moving through various galaxies offers the opportunity to have quite a few different enemies, and have arcs that have actual ends to them.

The god thing is good, but no enemy is ever going to live up to the Goa'uld - something I think we saw with the Ori. I'd rather see fresh ideas over trying to reclaim what worked in the past, and never quite being able to live up to it.
                    Agreed on both counts! Even tho something has worked in the past, dosent mean its gonna work a few more times. Since the show is ment not to be a direct spin-off, it would be nice to see some fresh ideas when it come to the enemies featured in the show.

Comment

Personally I wouldlove the Evil Asgaard to be the enemy in the stargate universe.

If you remember on the stargate atlantis first contact episode, the asgaard where living on the outskirts of the pegasus galaxy (an 8 symbol galaxy) if I remember correctly they said that they needed to start venturing out more cause of the poor living arrangements where they lived.

After the aurora device was destroyed it could be possible that they ventered into the 9 sysmbol galaxy as they where close the to outskirts of the 8 sysmbol galaxy in an attempt to get away from the Wraith.

Comment

personally, I'm hoping for single season story arcs here. With the Destiny moving from galaxy to galaxy, it makes sense that any enemies and major stories take place within said season, and then they move onto their next set of adventures. Kind of like Heroes, I guess.
                        Last edited by rielgenius1688; 14 November 2008, 07:09 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Comment

Personally I like the idea of mixing things up, perhaps having more than just one enemy, like thkillman said have an alliance of a number of races, spanning at least a few galaxies.
                          Destiny arrives and is witness to a split in the union, a civil intergalactic war breaks out, the uber advanced peaceful race is all alone, grants us refuge within their territories while fighting against insurmountable odds (you know kinda like the Wraith against the Ancients only their enemy isn't a group of life sucking baddies, but regular advanced races), maybe we don't find this race until like the 3rd series but hear rumors of a nice friendly race that has been stabbed in the back, when we find them we learn that they are called the Furlings.

Comment

I have no doubt the new show will have an "enemy of the week", but for a "constant" threat (like the Wraith are for SGA), maybe they'll be under assault from ascended beings (for whom the vast distances the ship is travelling would mean nothing).

Perhaps a variation of Merlin's Ori Killer will be on board, and they have to keep it running to keep the evil ascended away, thus allowing for many interesting plots where power is failing or aliens sabotage the ship's systems.

I'm just throwing ideas out there.
                            "For truth hath better deeds than words to grace it..."

Comment

Got some good ideas on this thread. Not sure I agree with the ascended beings one. Especially since Merlin didn't create the anit-ori weapon until Way after the Destiny would have been launched. I personally would like to take a break from the ascension thing for now. That is one thing I like about Atlantis, hardly any mention of ascended beings.

I think the multiple enemies is a great idea. Perhaps one we meet in season 1 would be kind of the worst one and is trying to gather the technology to jump from galaxy to galaxy so we seem them occasionally as they make advances.

As far as the furlings I think it won't ever happen. I think everytime the producers, writers, etc see mention of the furling post they laugh at us. It was something they probably threw in as a joke and never intend to revisit. I of course hope I am wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X