PDA

View Full Version : Asgaard and ancients relationship

geb
May 9th, 2004, 08:55 AM
I wonder if well learn more about the asgaard and the ancients relationship in atlantis and season 8. It would be good if they shared some light on what happened to the ancients and if they have any information on the wraith.

May 9th, 2004, 09:01 AM
POSSIBLE SPOILERS
for some reason i'm pretty sure they will...there are already some speculation that wraith wiped out the Ancients with the virus

thor39
May 9th, 2004, 09:29 AM
{Spoilers "wraith and ancients"}
Thats what's what sprang to mind with me.
Or perhaps afterall the Wraith are the plague, who suck life of others as we all know. ;)

spg_1983
May 9th, 2004, 09:54 AM
{Spoilers "wraith and ancients"}
Thats what's what sprang to mind with me.
Or perhaps afterall the Wraith are the plague, who suck life of others as we all know. ;)
i like that idea! that the plaque wasn't a virus or germ but was the actual wraith themselves

Mio
May 9th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Didn't they get the plague in 'Frozen'?

Plague, not plaque...I can see it now...

"Sir, we've modified the liquid naquada energy core of the jaffa staff weapon to combat the wraith."
"Is that....toothpaste?"
"Yes sir."

May 9th, 2004, 09:33 PM
"Sir, we've modified the liquid naquada energy core of the jaffa staff weapon to combat the wraith."
"Is that....toothpaste?"
"Yes sir."
LMAO.... :D Congrats, that's a first Atlantis joke ;) we should make a special thread for A jockes :D

MegaFishTank
May 10th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I think it might actually be interesting if the Wraith turn out to be the Furlings! and the reason they disappeared from the Milkyway galaxy long ago is because the other 3 races had problems with their feeding habits.

Also, like others have pointed out, I assumed the disease in Frozen (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s6/604.shtml) WAS the disease that was killing off the Ancients (or possibly an early/trial or later/mutated version of it) eventhough it was never directly stated.

Mio
May 10th, 2004, 11:37 AM
LMAO.... :D Congrats, that's a first Atlantis joke ;) we should make a special thread for A jockes :D

::gives a bow:: ;)

spg_1983
May 10th, 2004, 11:53 AM
I think it might actually be interesting if the Wraith turn out to be the Furlings! and the reason they disappeared from the Milkyway galaxy long ago is because the other 3 races had problems with their feeding habits.

Also, like others have pointed out, I assumed the disease in Frozen (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s6/604.shtml) WAS the disease that was killing off the Ancients (or possibly an early/trial or later/mutated version of it) eventhough it was never directly stated.

thats what everyone assumes but the sarcophagus technology is a weaker version of the ancient healing cube and it can bring people back from the dead. a symbiote was able to cure jack easily and the healing cube is more powerful than a symbiote so i think they would be able to heal themselves with the healing cube

Mio
May 10th, 2004, 02:24 PM
thats what everyone assumes but the sarcophagus technology is a weaker version of the ancient healing cube and it can bring people back from the dead. a symbiote was able to cure jack easily and the healing cube is more powerful than a symbiote so i think they would be able to heal themselves with the healing cube

What if the plague was designed to resist the Ancient Healing technology? Maybe feeding off of it?

tomduo
May 10th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Then how did Sam and the others get cured?

spg_1983
May 10th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Then how did Sam and the others get cured?
the frozen ancient used her healing powers on them

Teal'c
May 10th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Plus humans are not as genetically advanced as the Ancients, thus it was probably easier to heal.

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 10th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I wonder if one of those cube thingies would keep the Wraiths happy and away from everyone... life force in a box, so who needs to steal it from people?

May 10th, 2004, 08:11 PM
I wonder if one of those cube thingies would keep the Wraiths happy and away from everyone... life force in a box, so who needs to steal it from people?
they probably taste differently...it's like frozen/fresh meet :D

Champos
May 10th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Probably be perfect for working wraiths who don't have time to hunt though? It's like Microwave Meals.

Supreme Commander Thor
May 10th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Probably be perfect for working wraiths who don't have time to hunt though? It's like Microwave Meals.
It would probably be better in liquid form though... like a Capri Sun or a Hi-C Juice Box...

Champos
May 11th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah, but what if you spill it down you? I mean, if that blue gets stained it's gonna really ruin the whole scary effect thing they're going for I reckon. Do you think it could be taken intravenously? 'Cause, you know, that would be easy, and having loads of tubes and needles coming out of you could look quite intimidating...

Supreme Commander Thor
May 11th, 2004, 12:03 AM
'Cause, you know, that would be easy, and having loads of tubes and needles coming out of you could look quite intimidating...
Yeah, that Pinhead guy scared the hell out of me in Hellraiser... Made what was left of my cloned hair fall out of my head... that's how I went bald...

Champos
May 11th, 2004, 12:14 AM
I have to ask, why did you try to clone your hair? Why not just go with a tasteful yet effective (i.e. head-covering) wig? I mean, I'm going prematurely grey, and I don't bother dying it or anything (grey's sexy, though you've probably already found that out, right?), but if I were bald I'd definitely try to cover it. Oh, and before you start spouting that ridiculous, baldie-sponsored propaganda about baldies being great in bed, don't even bother, okay?

Supreme Commander Thor
May 11th, 2004, 12:21 AM
I have to ask, why did you try to clone your hair? Why not just go with a tasteful yet effective (i.e. head-covering) wig? ... Oh, and before you start spouting that ridiculous, baldie-sponsored propaganda about baldies being great in bed, don't even bother, okay?
I have been thinking about doing a rasta-type wig... like the one Joe Dirt gets at the end of his movie... you seen that? I think that would be cool...

Oh, and don't worry about me making claims about bed, etc... as our favorite bumper sticker says... Practice Abstinence. Become an Asgard.

thor39
May 11th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Didn't they get the plague in 'Frozen'?

Plague, not plaque...I can see it now...

No the disease they caught in frozen was able to be healed by the ancient..
and she could heal herself but being frozen so long she was a little rusty....well if all the ancients were able to defend against it this couldn't have been what wipe them out..Bit logical ;)

Mr Prophet
May 11th, 2004, 09:42 AM
I wonder if well learn more about the asgaard and the ancients relationship in atlantis and season 8.

The relationship between the Asgard and the Ancients was completely innocent. They were good friends, who enjoyed spending time together and driving fast cars; nothing more. Any suggestion of something untowards is libelous!

thor39
May 11th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Lol @ mr prophet
well they are obviously best buddies or theyvwon't be in the race alliance

P.s. Who do you think was the first race?ancient? :o

Mr Prophet
May 11th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Lol @ mr prophet
well they are obviously best buddies or theyvwon't be in the race alliance

Yeah; but they never say that. They don't want to upset the Furlings, what with them being nine foot tall killing machines.

P.s. Who do you think was the first race?ancient? :o

The Asgard call them the Ancients, which suggests they were there first.

Champos
May 13th, 2004, 08:07 PM
The Asgard call them the Ancients, which suggests they were there first.

Or just that they have over-inflated opinions of their own importance.

Mr Prophet
May 14th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Or just that they have over-inflated opinions of their own importance.

I don't think it's ever been suggested that they called themselves the Ancients. It's just what the Asgard call them, and they've been gone so long the Asgard could really call them anything they want.

Teal'c
May 14th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I don't think it's ever been suggested that they called themselves the Ancients. It's just what the Asgard call them, and they've been gone so long the Asgard could really call them anything they want.
Then the inscription on P3R-272, Nou ani anquitas - We are the Ancients, means what exactly? :P

Mr Prophet
May 15th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Then the inscription on P3R-272, Nou ani anquitas - We are the Ancients, means what exactly? :P

Football team? :o

SGSlugger
May 15th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Could Daniel have translated that wrong? If latin is based on Ancient, and there's no 'the' 'a' or 'an' in latin, could there be no 'the', 'a', or 'an' in Ancient? So in that case could it read:

We are Ancient(s)
We are a Ancient(s)
We are an Ancient(s)
We are the Ancient(s)

I guess that I'm saying you don't really need the 'the' to get the point across that it's a name of the species.

Teal'c
May 15th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Could Daniel have translated that wrong? If latin is based on Ancient, and there's no 'the' 'a' or 'an' in latin, could there be no 'the', 'a', or 'an' in Ancient? So in that case could it read:

We are Ancient(s)
We are a Ancient(s)
We are an Ancient(s)
We are the Ancient(s)

I guess that I'm saying you don't really need the 'the' to get the point across that it's a name of the species.
Look, Daniel translated it to mean "We are the Ancients" when Jack said "Nou ani anquitas"

Mr Prophet
May 16th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Look, Daniel translated it to mean "We are the Ancients" when Jack said "Nou ani anquitas"

But he has already admitted that some of his early translations of Ancient script were inaccurate.

the_fours
May 16th, 2004, 05:54 AM
But he has already admitted that some of his early translations of Ancient script were inaccurate.

some not all besides if you were translating something wouldnt you make exceptions to add the odd word here and there so that it fit english grammer

Zoidman
May 17th, 2004, 06:48 AM
My belief is that "The Ancients" are ancient humans, either from earth, or from elsewhere.

When they discovered that they had no cure for the plague that nearly erradicated them, they decided that to save their race they had to start over.

They made clones of themself and placed the clones on earth (like Adam and Eve or something).

The ancients are not different from todays humans in any way we know of.

Mr Prophet
May 17th, 2004, 11:02 AM
When they discovered that they had no cure for the plague that nearly erradicated them, they decided that to save their race they had to start over.

They made clones of themself and placed the clones on earth (like Adam and Eve or something).

But the last of the Ancients seem to predate modern humans by several hundred thousand years at least. Moreover, if you want to dodge a plague the last thing you want to do is make clones; one of the weaknesses of asexual reproduction is that your offspring share all of the same vulnerabilities as their parent.

Shadow2751
May 17th, 2004, 11:41 AM
I believe our tales of "Martians" derive from the Asgard who visited a long, long time ago. To visit the Ancients. I think the Ancients advanced on Earth, therefore there are three 'Gates on earth (or were) being the 'Gate "Homeworld", and they left when we began to advance. The Asgard came back to find them, but they weren't there...

KorbenDirewolf
May 17th, 2004, 11:56 AM
When were there three gates on Earth?

Zoidman
May 17th, 2004, 12:01 PM
But the last of the Ancients seem to predate modern humans by several hundred thousand years at least.
Are you refering to the ancient woman from "Frozen"?

Moreover, if you want to dodge a plague the last thing you want to do is make clones; one of the weaknesses of asexual reproduction is that your offspring share all of the same vulnerabilities as their parent.
I know, but they could have cloned one of their ancestors that wasn't affected by the plague, just like the Asgards are attempting to do.

I believe our tales of "Martians" derive from the Asgard who visited a long, long time ago. To visit the Ancients. I think the Ancients advanced on Earth, therefore there are three 'Gates on earth (or were) being the 'Gate "Homeworld", and they left when we began to advance. The Asgard came back to find them, but they weren't there...
Good theory. I think that maybe the Asgards was supposed to "look after" us while the Ancients were ascended. Kind of like babysitting :)

Zoidman
May 17th, 2004, 12:03 PM
When were there three gates on Earth?

When Atlantis was stationed on Earth.

Or maybe not, the goa'uld brought the Egyptian gate after(?) Atlantis left Earth. In that case, there were only 2 gates on Earth at the same time.

Mr Prophet
May 17th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Are you refering to the ancient woman from "Frozen"?

That's the bunny.

Good theory. I think that maybe the Asgards was supposed to "look after" us while the Ancients were ascended. Kind of like babysitting :)

Possible spoilers

But that still doesn't work because the Ancients predate the human race by far too long. Atlantis clearly left Earth millennia before humans evolved. I'll buy that alien tales are stories of slightly careless Asgard though, since they profess to have studied us for a long time.

Shadow2751
May 17th, 2004, 12:42 PM
This may not have anything to do with this thread, but I got another theory about the Asgard.

We have many tales of "Martians" and stuff like that. And them being green and from Mars. Perhaps Mars was a research facility for watching Earth, and perhaps them being 'green' was because they came to Earth and that was their suits or something, to avoid catching all our little nasty flus and stuff we used to have...

Zoidman
May 17th, 2004, 12:53 PM
But that still doesn't work because the Ancients predate the human race by far too long. Atlantis clearly left Earth millennia before humans evolved.
How do you know that Atlantis left Earth millennia before? Am I missing something here?

Anyway, I think Atlantis came back to Earth about 10.000 years ago. Maybe to speed up our technological advancement, and then sank to the bottom of the ocean like in the "real" myth, and then left the planet at night so that the population of Earth wouldn't think they were gods or something like that.

Bakjuh
May 21st, 2004, 07:00 AM
POSSIBLE SPOILERS
for some reason i'm pretty sure they will...there are already some speculation that wraith wiped out the Ancients with the virus

A theory i have is, and which might be cool as a plot that the virus turned some of the Ancients into Wraiths, and that the Wraith back then pretty much started to threaten the existence of the Ancients.

Also i wonder how on Earth they figured out how to ascend or something.
If i recall well, not all Ancients ascended. Perhaps if my theory could go, they still see the Wraiths as one of their own. Hence why not all Ancients ascended. Just a thought :cool:

persephone316
May 21st, 2004, 07:13 AM
granted that would be great, but the asgard seem pretty tight lipped about certain things. what i would LOVE to see is for the sg-1 to bring back some kind of technology that meets the outstanding mission objective. Then they can tell Kinsey to go shove it up his...... :D

persephone

hezie99
May 21st, 2004, 08:16 AM
ancient weapon they found on earth meets that

*Crash*
May 23rd, 2004, 02:25 PM
I have a cool theory

What if the Aliance was to protect "under developed races and planets" from hostile races such as the gou,old and to also share knowlege (As the Asgard have the protected planet treaty maby this was what the aliance was partly for)

As for the Ancients they spread across the universe faster than anyone else in the aliance and could of caught the plague via an enemy or because they wernt compatable with other species (Or maby it could of been to do with genetics like the asguard due to them being so old)

Anyways the Ancients are in new parts of the universe where the other aliance are not (possibly looking for a cure or other resorces) where the wrath come along and start defeating the ancients (Due to the other Aliance members being so far away or not having the tech the ancients suffer heavly losses to the wrath) and with the plague destroying them from the inside and the wrath destroying them from the outside they had no choice but to ascend)

Meanwhile back in the rest of the aliance they go into hiding due to the wrath destroying the ancients and taking their tech or using mind probes like Anubis did to gather information (Thats why the Nox and Asguard rely heavly on stealth tecnology) and the Furlings just dissapeared and created safe havens like 1 on in the episode with O'Neil and mayborn (Also not to attract enegy signitures with advanced showing tech)

Even tho this is just me imaginin it would be pretty intresting if it was true ;)

Mio
May 23rd, 2004, 04:29 PM
I have a cool theory
As for the Ancients they spread across the universe faster than anyone else in the aliance and could of caught the plague via an enemy or because they wernt compatable with other species (Or maby it could of been to do with genetics like the asguard due to them being so old)
Asgard doesn't have a U in it.

I think that the ancients are older than the asgard. The ancients the ultra-uber-glowy-orange-jellyfish weapons 3 million years ago, and, of course, Atlantis, which was their crown jewel, and possibly last great accomplishment, meaning that the stargates are older than 3 million years.

The asgard still had to put people into suspended animation just to make journies across large distances of space 30,000 years ago.

Jarnin
May 26th, 2004, 08:27 PM
I think that the ancients are older than the asgard. The ancients the ultra-uber-glowy-orange-jellyfish weapons 3 million years ago, and, of course, Atlantis, which was their crown jewel, and possibly last great accomplishment, meaning that the stargates are older than 3 million years.

The asgard still had to put people into suspended animation just to make journies across large distances of space 30,000 years ago.The ancients are indeed older than the other three races in the alliance.

The Stargate network in our galaxy was constructed about 35 million years ago, before Antarctica was totally covered in ice. Earth's Antartica gate was the oldest in the network (based on it's low power relative to other gates), meaning that it was probably the first gate placed in our galaxy. But Earth wasn't the only gate placed, so it's quite likely that the ancients planned on colonizing our galaxy.
About 3 million years ago, they left our galaxy and headed to the Pegasus galaxy to fight the Wraith, and hadn't been seen since.

Ayiana was the first flesh and blood ancient that we'd encountered, and she died from stress due to her healing everyone around her and not recovering. The disease she carried wasn't the plague that killed off her race. She was a carrier, but it wasn't killing her. Her natural healing ability was probably what kept her from being effected, which would mean that if her healing abilities could stave off this disease, so could other ancients. So, this isn't the plague that wiped them out. The Wraith is the plague.

The Wraith are vampiric, they feed on living energy, and the ancients produce it. The Wraith also are able to turn others into their kind (the classic vampire), which means that there has to be some kind of rapid genetic manipulation that is done which is irreversible. In otherwords, it happens so fast that there's no time to try and fix it. This is what gives the Wraith an advantage over the ancients; each time a Wraith "kills" an ancient, they are turned into a Wraith, thus allowing the population of Wraith to grow while the ancient population is wiped out. But since the Wraith require food in order to survive, they keep some ancients around as a food source.

Atlantis was Plan A. It failed. We humans are Plan B. I have this feeling that we're going to end up being immune to the Wraith virus. They'll still be able to feed on us, and they're going to have technology as powerful as the ancients tech, so they'll still be tough, it's just that humans won't be able to be transformed into Wraith, which will give us an advantage that the ancients didn't have.

TST
May 27th, 2004, 03:25 AM
That would make sense.
It would also explain why the Wraith have such an incredible regenerative ability...

Wass
May 27th, 2004, 12:29 PM
The Wraith are vampiric, they feed on living energy, and the ancients produce it. The Wraith also are able to turn others into their kind (the classic vampire), which means that there has to be some kind of rapid genetic manipulation that is done which is irreversible.

Where did that information come from thats the first i'v heard about it. Yes they may be vampire like but turning others into wraith i'm not too sure.

Wass
May 27th, 2004, 12:35 PM
What if the Aliance was to protect "under developed races and planets" from hostile races such as the gou,old and to also share knowlege (As the Asgard have the protected planet treaty maby this was what the aliance was partly for)

Didn't the Ancients great the gou'old to protect them slef against the virus that was killing them. Correct me if I'm wrong but i thought the gou'old came to power after the ancients were gone and the gou'old took over some of the ancient technology.

Wass
May 27th, 2004, 12:46 PM
granted that would be great, but the asgard seem pretty tight lipped about certain things.

I agree they don't tell us any thing until we find out our self and then they give you the impression "you never asked". I think some thing happened to the alliance they don't like telling us about it.

My theory is I’ve just looked at the new wraith pictures on gateworld they look very human so I think either the wraith are some sort off shoot of the Ancients (maybe some sort of genetic experiment gone wrong) or they are an off shoot of the furlings because we simply haven’t seen them .

Mr Prophet
May 27th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Didn't the Ancients great the gou'old to protect them slef against the virus that was killing them. Correct me if I'm wrong but i thought the gou'old came to power after the ancients were gone and the gou'old took over some of the ancient technology.

That's a theory that's going around, but it's certainly not canon. They didn't create the Goa'uld, because they have an indigenous homeworld, but I guess it's possible that they manipulated the parasites to try and create an immune booster; that could be where the naquadah in the Goa'uld's system comes from.

Wass
May 28th, 2004, 02:40 AM
That's a theory that's going around, but it's certainly not canon. They didn't create the Goa'uld, because they have an indigenous homeworld, but I guess it's possible that they manipulated the parasites to try and create an immune booster; that could be where the naquadah in the Goa'uld's system comes from.

Yes you are correct, sorry i think that is what i was trying to write just had to many things on my mind.

LordAnubis
July 21st, 2004, 06:14 AM
The ancients are indeed older than the other three races in the alliance.

The Stargate network in our galaxy was constructed about 35 million years ago, before Antarctica was totally covered in ice. Earth's Antartica gate was the oldest in the network (based on it's low power relative to other gates), meaning that it was probably the first gate placed in our galaxy. But Earth wasn't the only gate placed, so it's quite likely that the ancients planned on colonizing our galaxy.
About 3 million years ago, they left our galaxy and headed to the Pegasus galaxy to fight the Wraith, and hadn't been seen since.

Ayiana was the first flesh and blood ancient that we'd encountered, and she died from stress due to her healing everyone around her and not recovering. The disease she carried wasn't the plague that killed off her race. She was a carrier, but it wasn't killing her. Her natural healing ability was probably what kept her from being effected, which would mean that if her healing abilities could stave off this disease, so could other ancients. So, this isn't the plague that wiped them out. The Wraith is the plague.

The Wraith are vampiric, they feed on living energy, and the ancients produce it. The Wraith also are able to turn others into their kind (the classic vampire), which means that there has to be some kind of rapid genetic manipulation that is done which is irreversible. In otherwords, it happens so fast that there's no time to try and fix it. This is what gives the Wraith an advantage over the ancients; each time a Wraith "kills" an ancient, they are turned into a Wraith, thus allowing the population of Wraith to grow while the ancient population is wiped out. But since the Wraith require food in order to survive, they keep some ancients around as a food source.

Atlantis was Plan A. It failed. We humans are Plan B. I have this feeling that we're going to end up being immune to the Wraith virus. They'll still be able to feed on us, and they're going to have technology as powerful as the ancients tech, so they'll still be tough, it's just that humans won't be able to be transformed into Wraith, which will give us an advantage that the ancients didn't have.
Um, there is no evidence that the Wraith turn other beings into Wraith once they've sucked the life out of them. Col. Sumner and that other dude from Rising were dead, not converted. You're wrong in more ways than you know. Also, the Ancients probably did not create the Goa'uld -- probably never even knewthey existed.

PaulC01
July 21st, 2004, 01:27 PM
Considering the Asgard seem to have limited knowledge of Ancient technology, have never mentioned Atlantis or the Wraith, I'd say it's a good bet that the alliance between the 4 races didn't end well and it broke before the Ancients left for Pegasus (thus why the Asgard haven't mentioned the Wraith).

One theory I've read is that the Alliance was set up to protect developing races and that maybe the Asgard wanted to interfere to much (you notice the Ascended and the Nox don't really want anything to do with other races) and it caused a split in the Alliance.

I'm really hoping Atlantis/season 8 goes into the Ancients/Wraith and the Alliance in more details as it's been tantalisingly laid out now but with little flesh on the bones.

Aadizookaan
July 21st, 2004, 03:33 PM
Ok, ladies and gentlemen.

Let's review...

1. The Ancients were here on Earth first: evolved and developed into a highly advanced race;
2. The Ancients develop the gate-network as well as other technology in our galaxy and begin to explore;
3. The 4 race Alliance is created with the Ancients, Furlings, Nox, and Asgard - with a base on "Ernest's Planet", with you know, the meaning of life stuff explained on a periodic table of elements;
4. The Ancients leave this region of space to the Pegasus Galaxy - leaving behind our little "frozen" friend to guard the outpost, in very different clothing than in which we found her;
5. The Ancients arrive in the Pegasus Galaxy, seed different worlds with "life and in time a thousand worlds bore life like our own";
6. The Ancients step on a "world where they awake a dark enemy", were overconfident, outnumbered, and besiged;
7. The Ancients sink Atlantis and return to earth to live out the rest of their lives on the planet they called home;
8. The Ancients begin to reestablish their empire only start to fall ill and die, they build the time-thingy, but accept their fate, meanwhile some Ancients learn how to ascend;
9. The Ascended Ancients become Xeno-Phobic and make laws regarding non-interference, et al;
10. O'Neill's head gets grabbed and he begins to talk, walk, and think Ancienty, O'Neill figures out how to get rid of the stuff in his head by contacting the Asgard with a ZPM of different design;
11. Daniel meets Oma Desala
12. Daniel ascends with Oma's Help
13. SG1 wake up the lone humanesque Ancient
14. SG1 and the research team is infected with a virus much like spinal meningitis;
15. The lone humanesque Ancient heals everyone, execpt Col. O'Neill, and she succumbs to the virus due to her low white blood cell count;
16. Daniel breaks the others' (aka Ascended Ancients) rules and is kicked out of the club;
17. Daniel is found on Vis Uban, the supposed crown jewel of the Ancient Empire;
18. O'Neill's head gets grabbed again, he saves the world using the Ancient outpost previously occupied by the lone humanesque Ancient;
19. Humans figure out that an Ancient gene is needed to utilized the Ancient techology and where the supposed "Lost City or City of the Lost" is located;
20. Humans arrive in the Pegasus Galaxy, wake up the Wraith, and seem beseiged on Atlantis.

Ok, the above stuff may have been a bit off topic but is there a pattern developing??? I don't know, What do you Think!!!

LordAnubis
July 21st, 2004, 04:10 PM
Ok, ladies and gentlemen.

Let's review...

1. The Ancients were here on Earth first: evolved and developed into a highly advanced race;
2. The Ancients develop the gate-network as well as other technology in our galaxy and begin to explore;
3. The 4 race Alliance is created with the Ancients, Furlings, Nox, and Asgard - with a base on "Ernest's Planet", with you know, the meaning of life stuff explained on a periodic table of elements;
4. The Ancients leave this region of space to the Pegasus Galaxy - leaving behind our little "frozen" friend to guard the outpost, in very different clothing than in which we found her;
5. The Ancients arrive in the Pegasus Galaxy, seed different worlds with "life and in time a thousand worlds bore life like our own";
6. The Ancients step on a "world where they awake a dark enemy", were overconfident, outnumbered, and besiged;
7. The Ancients sink Atlantis and return to earth to live out the rest of their lives on the planet they called home;
8. The Ancients begin to reestablish their empire only start to fall ill and die, they build the time-thingy, but accept their fate, meanwhile some Ancients learn how to ascend;
9. The Ascended Ancients become Xeno-Phobic and make laws regarding non-interference, et al;
10. O'Neill's head gets grabbed and he begins to talk, walk, and think Ancienty, O'Neill figures out how to get rid of the stuff in his head by contacting the Asgard with a ZPM of different design;
11. Daniel meets Oma Desala
12. Daniel ascends with Oma's Help
13. SG1 wake up the lone humanesque Ancient
14. SG1 and the research team is infected with a virus much like spinal meningitis;
15. The lone humanesque Ancient heals everyone, execpt Col. O'Neill, and she succumbs to the virus due to her low white blood cell count;
16. Daniel breaks the others' (aka Ascended Ancients) rules and is kicked out of the club;
17. Daniel is found on Vis Uban, the supposed crown jewel of the Ancient Empire;
18. O'Neill's head gets grabbed again, he saves the world using the Ancient outpost previously occupied by the lone humanesque Ancient;
19. Humans figure out that an Ancient gene is needed to utilized the Ancient techology and where the supposed "Lost City or City of the Lost" is located;
20. Humans arrive in the Pegasus Galaxy, wake up the Wraith, and seem beseiged on Atlantis.

Ok, the above stuff may have been a bit off topic but is there a pattern developing??? I don't know, What do you Think!!!
Ya, and you forgot quite a bit of detail and missed several key steps (e.g., the Goa'uld coming to earth, humans being taken from earth to serve the goa'uld on other worlds, etc., Anubis being ascended, etc.).

What pattern are you trying to show us that we're missing? Everything you outlined is old school information and tells us nothing new. Someone had a question about the ancient-asgard relationship and some of us are attempting to answer it. You didn't answer squat, but just rehashed old stuff we already knew.

Sometimes speculation can be lame, sometimes it's healthy. We're just trying to figure stuff out. Lose the sarcasm and stick to the questions posed.

Aadizookaan
July 22nd, 2004, 01:10 PM
Ya, and you forgot quite a bit of detail and missed several key steps (e.g., the Goa'uld coming to earth, humans being taken from earth to serve the goa'uld on other worlds, etc., Anubis being ascended, etc.).

Blah Blah Blah, that would have taken too much time to review the entire history of the show.

What pattern are you trying to show us that we're missing? Everything you outlined is old school information and tells us nothing new. Someone had a question about the ancient-asgard relationship and some of us are attempting to answer it. You didn't answer squat, but just rehashed old stuff we already knew.

The pattern silly, is we are doing the same thing the Ancients did, now the question is - will we fare any better than they did? Another thing, is that we have been refered to as the "fifth race" - who knows, maybe we will start an alliance to defeat the wraith. The SGC has saved the Asgard's butts more than once and they have done didly sqwat for us lately (Prometheus' shields and weapons, notwithstanding). The Asgard have said that the Ancients are far more advanced technologically and have been studying their library for ages with no luck. So the relationship is one of cultural exchange, no more, for more evidence of this rewatch "ToT".

Sometimes speculation can be lame, sometimes it's healthy. We're just trying to figure stuff out. Lose the sarcasm and stick to the questions posed.

Speculation is healthy I agree, but throwing garbage in there that doesn't come from the show is just plain dumb. Sarcasm, what sarcasm - it was a quote from the series "WoO" to be exact. Threads always go off topic and who are you to complain, I've seen you do it too. Also, its time for you to take a time-out, you sound stressed.

LordAnubis
July 22nd, 2004, 01:51 PM
Blah Blah Blah, that would have taken too much time to review the entire history of the show.

The pattern silly, is we are doing the same thing the Ancients did, now the question is - will we fare any better than they did? Another thing, is that we have been refered to as the "fifth race" - who knows, maybe we will start an alliance to defeat the wraith. The SGC has saved the Asgard's butts more than once and they have done didly sqwat for us lately (Prometheus' shields and weapons, notwithstanding). The Asgard have said that the Ancients are far more advanced technologically and have been studying their library for ages with no luck. So the relationship is one of cultural exchange, no more, for more evidence of this rewatch "ToT".

Speculation is healthy I agree, but throwing garbage in there that doesn't come from the show is just plain dumb. Sarcasm, what sarcasm - it was a quote from the series "WoO" to be exact. Threads always go off topic and who are you to complain, I've seen you do it too. Also, its time for you to take a time-out, you sound stressed.
I am stressed. Way stressed. You're perceptive and fiesty. Maybe you're cool after all.

Yu Huang Shang Ti
July 22nd, 2004, 02:47 PM
When Atlantis was stationed on Earth.

Or maybe not, the goa'uld brought the Egyptian gate after(?) Atlantis left Earth. In that case, there were only 2 gates on Earth at the same time.

I don't think Atlantis had a gate within it while on Earth, although if the v2.0 gate was built before they left, we'd probably never know.

Hey, there's an idea. V2.0 gates can be used anywhere, because their symbol system can be electronically rewritten instead of literally being set in stone. Maybe the Atlantis gate was the prototype and it had Milky Way constellations in it before the exodus.

Taonas
July 22nd, 2004, 03:02 PM
Hey, there's an idea. V2.0 gates can be used anywhere, because their symbol system can be electronically rewritten instead of literally being set in stone. Maybe the Atlantis gate was the prototype and it had Milky Way constellations in it before the exodus.

The thing is, even though they're electronically written, the little dots don't connect to form any of the Milky Way co-ordinates.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how far the Pegasus and "Ida" galaxies are from ours?

VirtualCLD
July 22nd, 2004, 03:08 PM
Pegasus is aprox. 3,000,000 Light Years from ours, don't know about Ida.

Also, Taonas, each space on the Atlantis gate uses an array of dots. That way if a symbold that looks like, say a 'K', is a coordinate, that K can rotate to any locking position electronically AND as it flashes through each position to get to the locking position, that K will show up at every single space along the ring. Theoretically, the stargate symbols could be reprogrammed to look like any constellation you want.

In real life, I believe the prop uses a grid array of Superbright LEDs at each symbol position, coverred by scrim to make the surphace of the stargate appear solid with nothing behind it. Therefore, they can have a symbol like K appear at every space along the ring. If they wanted to, TPTB could reprogram it to show letters and numbers, or even the Ancient alphabet (which if you don't know by now, it's just a coded Engligh alphabet with Engligh words :) ).

Yu Huang Shang Ti
July 22nd, 2004, 04:22 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured -- in-continuity, the symbol slots are smooth and featureless, and the lights appear behind them in whatever configuration is required by the dialing program. I was also led to this concept by the fact that Atlantis has a dialing computer instead of a DHD -- the SGC has a computer because we lost our DHD, but obviously the Ancients should've had something they built! Therefore, there must be some greater purpose for the Gaterium console than just activating the gate.

SBacklin
July 22nd, 2004, 06:19 PM

I have to agree, the Ancient in Frozen was dying from some kind of disease and I believe it was some advanced form of Meningitis. The reason why I say that is because I seem to remember hearing Dr. Frasier talking about the disease she had and the girl couldn't fight it off.

SBacklin
July 22nd, 2004, 06:22 PM
No the disease they caught in frozen was able to be healed by the ancient..
and she could heal herself but being frozen so long she was a little rusty....well if all the ancients were able to defend against it this couldn't have been what wipe them out..Bit logical ;)

The Ancients weren't able to defend themselves against it. The only way to live was to "ascend". If they would've stayed in humanoid form, they would've died. Unfortunately, the girl in Frozen didn't ascend and she died of the disease.

SBacklin
July 22nd, 2004, 06:26 PM

Is it me or the spelling of "anquitas" is wrong? The reason why is because I remember them saying it to the effect of it being spelt like this "anquieytas". In the original spelling in the quote there is a sound missing. The sound "ey".

SBacklin
July 22nd, 2004, 06:28 PM
That's the bunny.

Possible spoilers

But that still doesn't work because the Ancients predate the human race by far too long. Atlantis clearly left Earth millennia before humans evolved. I'll buy that alien tales are stories of slightly careless Asgard though, since they profess to have studied us for a long time.

The Ancients left Earth millions of years before humans of our type evolved. If the opening scene of "Rising" you seen the term "millions of years ago" on the bottom of the screen when Atlantis is lifting off.

Taonas
July 22nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Pegasus is aprox. 3,000,000 Light Years from ours, don't know about Ida.

Also, Taonas, each space on the Atlantis gate uses an array of dots. That way if a symbold that looks like, say a 'K', is a coordinate, that K can rotate to any locking position electronically AND as it flashes through each position to get to the locking position, that K will show up at every single space along the ring. Theoretically, the stargate symbols could be reprogrammed to look like any constellation you want.

Thanks, and I hadn't thought of that before... I was thinking in terms of what I had seen x.x

Like you said, they could be programmed to any design... O_O!... Could that mean that there's more than 2 gate networks?
1.SG-1
2.Atlantis

Which leads to the everlasting question of what the heck the ninth cheveron does.

I bet the Asgard know -.-

AmyE
July 22nd, 2004, 09:20 PM
I think that the Asgaard should have at least know about the Wraiths. How come they did not warn us? Also, what galaxy is the Asgaard home world in?

Ilios
July 22nd, 2004, 10:15 PM
The Ida galaxy is presumed to be the Asgard's home galaxy.

disforw
July 23rd, 2004, 07:26 AM
I think that the Asgaard should have at least know about the Wraiths. How come they did not warn us? Also, what galaxy is the Asgaard home world in?

whos to say the the Ancents came home and spoke to the asguard about the Wraith?

Anubis
July 23rd, 2004, 07:28 AM
Maybe the Asgard don't even know about the Wraith. Yay for Earth intelligence!

aschen
July 23rd, 2004, 07:59 AM
I think it's more like Earth bravado.