could Earth adapt Traveler's energy weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could Earth adapt Traveler's energy weapon

Traveler are advance human civilization, they been living in FTL ships for generations, they have powerful energy weapon, like Ronon's gun and the energy weapon on their ship.

In episode "Lost Tribe", their ship were not that big ,and not in best of shape due to shortage of spare parts, yet they were able to defeat the Asgard ship.
    One shot of travelership's energy weapon were able to destory the Ancient base from orbit.

i wonder if we can replace some of the 304's rail gun with the traveler weapon, it is small consider the size of Traveler's ship ,and if we can't reverse engineer the design, then we can buy it from them.Cansider they have shortage of sparepart and many other thing , i think Earth can trade a lot of stuff with them.

I would replace 3 or more railgun for one Traveler energy weaponon 304.

We don't need to because we have Asgard death beams.
    supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
      We don't need to because we have Asgard death beams.

But their small arms are cool. Imagine a fully automatic rifle version of Ronon's pistol!!! In the hands of some well trained, (not american) marines!!!
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Personally I think that Rail gun technology should remain on board Earth Human ships.
        As we've seen the Beam weapons can go offline if power systems get damaged enough, I think this could also be the case with smaller less powerful forms of energy weapons, so unless you installed independent power sources for any energy weapons I think it would be foolish to rely solely on that kind of technology.

Why do we have to use the Traveler's energy weapons anyway?
        I'm sure that the Asgard knowledge base contains countless powerful energy weapons that are miles better than the Travelers tech other than the APBWs or huge cannons that were used on the Baliskner and O'Neill classes of ship.

The Asgard knowledge base may also contain smaller hand versions of energy weapons, or at least some tech that can be scaled down to work as a rifle or hand gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
          Personally I think that Rail gun technology should remain on board Earth Human ships.
          As we've seen the Beam weapons can go offline if power systems get damaged enough, I think this could also be the case with smaller less powerful forms of energy weapons, so unless you installed independent power sources for any energy weapons I think it would be foolish to rely solely on that kind of technology.

Why do we have to use the Traveler's energy weapons anyway?
          I'm sure that the Asgard knowledge base contains countless powerful energy weapons that are miles better than the Travelers tech other than the APBWs or huge cannons that were used on the Baliskner and O'Neill classes of ship.

The Asgard knowledge base may also contain smaller hand versions of energy weapons, or at least some tech that can be scaled down to work as a rifle or hand gun.
          That's true. And if nothing else, a battleship needs some point defence against enemy fighters and ordinance. Plus those beams are beardier than a beardy beard.

i just like their guns. Tho the database should be able to help us come up with the perfect assault rifle, and no more of this P90 drivel.....
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Railguns require power too, they use magnetic fields and no chemical reaction. So they can't fire without power.

Also the Traveler energy weapon required several hits to destroy Janus' base. Also the base was not shielded so almost every weapon could destroy it.

As for Ronon's gun, we could surely use it. It can even stun Asurans.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              That's true. And if nothing else, a battleship needs some point defence against enemy fighters and ordinance. Plus those beams are beardier than a beardy beard.

i just like their guns. Tho the database should be able to help us come up with the perfect assault rifle, and no more of this P90 drivel.....
              Oh don't get me wrong I think their guns are pretty cool, maybe we could make an independently powered point defense energy weapons system.
              As far as the P90 goes I still think that's pretty sweet too, if we could make an energy weapon equivalent to that, you know with all of it's accuracy and everything that would be cool to.
              A personal shield contained in body armor would help and stop the Wraith from being able to stun and feed off our SG team members.

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
              Railguns require power too, they use magnetic fields and no chemical reaction. So they can't fire without power.

Also the Traveler energy weapon required several hits to destroy Janus' base. Also the base was not shielded so almost every weapon could destroy it.

As for Ronon's gun, we could surely use it. It can even stun Asurans.
              That is true, but you never see them go offline when the beams have like in The Last Man, maybe that was the missiles on board the Phoenix, at least I don't recall it being mentioned that the Rail Guns went offline, perhaps they have an independent power source.
              If you recall during the Siege when the Wraith started attacking Atlantis with Darts the Rail Guns didn't seem to be connected to Atlantis's Naqueda generators, I don't think there were any cables coming off those Rail Guns on the balconies.
              Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 14 November 2008, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Combo of Earth and Travellers technology, ships, troops and fleet could be the way forward in Pegasus. An active trade of technology between the two could be the start of a very powerful new alliance within the galaxy. Imagine Traveller ships and Tauri ships in battle both armed to the teeth. There are alot of traveller ships, there were 4 just in the first encounter. I would geuss at a minimum of 30 ships. Combine our knowledge of the wraith, and our ability to defeat large numbers of ground troops and you have a very beneficial alliance for both sides. We could provide prefab ground structures ala alpha and beta site style camps with siege style rail gun implacements, perhaps even ground shielding or phase cloaks. The Travellers could provide space battle support and energy weapons technology as well as ronon type weapons.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                  But their small arms are cool. Imagine a fully automatic rifle version of Ronon's pistol!!! In the hands of some well trained, (not american) marines!!!
                  just out of curiosity whats with the not american thing

Comment

I really think we could build better energy weapons with both the atlantis and asgard databases at our disposal, and I don't think it's a good idea relying on alien tech when we could build our own (remember the x-301) plus we need some consistency with weapon colors, yellow rail guns, blue death beams and red traveler weapons from one ship would just look silly.

Comment

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
                      I really think we could build better energy weapons with both the atlantis and asgard databases at our disposal, and I don't think it's a good idea relying on alien tech when we could build our own (remember the x-301) plus we need some consistency with weapon colors, yellow rail guns, blue death beams and red traveler weapons from one ship would just look silly.
                      Well having the various colors does make it easier to make out the different kinds of weapons at a distance.

Comment

Ok, Railguns are ineffective against most shields and generally dont do much damage what so ever, however as seen in BAMSR and No Mans Land they can cause serious damage to ships without or not using shield technology, They need to stay really as they can cause alot of damage and if combines with warheads they are a serious weapon.

Travellers energy weapons are ok but they did not do much damage in BAMSR, having said that they may be of some use maybe have some sort of secondary option to use them

Asgard Beams are our main offensive weapon probably the strongest beam in 4 galaxys at present, with this our 304's one on one with any opponent has a huge advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                          That is true, but you never see them go offline when the beams have like in The Last Man, maybe that was the missiles on board the Phoenix, at least I don't recall it being mentioned that the Rail Guns went offline, perhaps they have an independent power source.
                          If you recall during the Siege when the Wraith started attacking Atlantis with Darts the Rail Guns didn't seem to be connected to Atlantis's Naqueda generators, I don't think there were any cables coming off those Rail Guns on the balconies.
                          True!!!

just out of curiosity whats with the not american thing
                          It was a bit of banter. Inseveral posts, I have declared a wish for more Brits, that's all. There's no malice in it so keep ur panties on.

Yup. I agree. Lose the asgard beams (I don't care how good they are, they are TOO beardy for us. Now the traveller guns are ace! Powerful enough for a fleet engagement, yet not fanwank enough to merit a slap!). But railguns should be kept. they are a human element to the 304's

As for the highlighted bit, iif it weren't for reverse engineering, we wudn't have had Prommy, or thus the Daeddy class.

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                          Ok, Railguns are ineffective against most shields and generally dont do much damage what so ever, however as seen in BAMSR and No Mans Land they can cause serious damage to ships without or not using shield technology, They need to stay really as they can cause alot of damage and if combines with warheads they are a serious weapon.

Travellers energy weapons are ok but they did not do much damage in BAMSR, having said that they may be of some use maybe have some sort of secondary option to use them

Asgard Beams are our main offensive weapon probably the strongest beam in 4 galaxys at present, with this our 304's one on one with any opponent has a huge advantage
                          But the beams are bent!!! They are beardy mcbeard beard! We are too powerful now. We shudn't be!!!!!! These feckers took down the Ancients! Our beam weapons are ridiculous!!
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Ancients arnt always smart, they relied to much on technology which is superior to anything else in pegasus but they lacked patience and strategy.

Dont forget the Asgard gave us the Beams and they are one of the Four Races, The Asgard if they had the resources could probably destroy the wraith given there technology aslong as they had numbers, that said so could the ancients

Comment

Railguns wuld be outdated if we started using traveler guns. Since those would have equal power wihout an ammunition penalty.

Comment

Working...
                              X