This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universe = more races?

despite some people not excited for this series, i am. i am deeply sadden Atlantis is going away (still angry SG1 got the axe) but at least the Stargate universe (no pun intended) is continuing in a tv show form (love these series, almost as much as star trek). i got to wondering, can we get some new alien races or at least see some we haven't seen before?

i know it's corny but ever since "The Fifth Race" (my favorite SG-1 episode) I've wanted to see the Furlings.
    Spoiler:
    If the Asgard can "come back" after society suicide (Pegasus Asgard, left over ones)
    then surely some Furlings can have moved to this new Galaxy we'll be exploring. They obviously were an important race to be up there with the Tolans and Altarans, call it cheese but I wanna see their race and what makes them one of the 5.

the aliens from "The Daedalus Variations". there really haven't been a "warrior" kind of alien race. Goa'uld's just dominate via Jaffa and stolen tech, Wraith in numbers and tech, etc These guys just seemed very cool.

the Mimetic Aliens from "Foothold", the ones with the tech to change appearance would be a nice thing. maybe discover their homeworld?

Unas. I love Unas. Chaka was great. Such a rich culture of respect and honor, much smarter than given credit for. Would love to see them again.

i know most of those probably won't make it in but i think it'd be nice. corny/wishful thinking or would anyone else wanna see these guys popup in Universe?
    Last edited by Mav; 13 November 2008, 06:58 AM.

might be worth spoiler tagging some parts in your second paragraph, forum rules state that information about currently airing seasons should be spoilered
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Universe = more races? I would say yes. That would make sense. Form the story know so far. If the accient haven't finnished seeded all those galacy's with stargate networks with humans. and are not half way maybe a few.
      Most of all multy galacy's yield more aliens.
      But I hope it would not be as bad as startrek white vulcan and a black afro vulcan. it's to earthy human and to obvious human different real races mixed with it.
      The klingons where better. And galacies only filled with humanoids as that is the only end of evolution. I don't think so. Of course some back story can explain it.
      I like the method of qulacy quest. aliens where totaly differen and a humanoid. but use the same solution as foothold. Tech wich make them look human.
      just like the indian gods in stargate SG1. Also the unkown life forms like in those crystals are a great example how weird life can be.

Al life here are evolved and unfortunate choice of evolution has died out so there are a lot of missing links. And some survived being part of a local ecosystem.

Aliens would have also a alien ecosystem with a evolve variation of species.
      So Canadian wouds always wouldn't be believable.

but short cut's must be made or else this show production would not be feasable by cost.
      As long as the exploring eps stories are great. And as believable by budged it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperG View Post
        Universe = more races? I would say yes. That would make sense. Form the story know so far. If the accient haven't finnished seeded all those galacy's with stargate networks with humans. and are not half way maybe a few.
        Most of all multy galacy's yield more aliens.
        But I hope it would not be as bad as startrek white vulcan and a black afro vulcan. it's to earthy human and to obvious human different real races mixed with it.
        The klingons where better. And galacies only filled with humanoids as that is the only end of evolution. I don't think so. Of course some back story can explain it.
        I like the method of qulacy quest. aliens where totaly differen and a humanoid. but use the same solution as foothold. Tech wich make them look human.
        just like the indian gods in stargate SG1. Also the unkown life forms like in those crystals are a great example how weird life can be.

Al life here are evolved and unfortunate choice of evolution has died out so there are a lot of missing links. And some survived being part of a local ecosystem.

Aliens would have also a alien ecosystem with a evolve variation of species.
        So Canadian wouds always wouldn't be believable.

but short cut's must be made or else this show production would not be feasable by cost.
        As long as the exploring eps stories are great. And as believable by budged it can get.
        You need to understand something as well that, although it is simply speculation and has not confirmed (and may not be until we see the series), but it wouldn't be too far fetched that as the first Ancient ship that deposits gates on worlds, it would also terraform these worlds into a 'humanoid' environment. It is perfectly understandable to speculate. Just thought to throw that out there.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
          You need to understand something as well that, although it is simply speculation and has not confirmed (and may not be until we see the series), but it wouldn't be too far fetched that as the first Ancient ship that deposits gates on worlds, it would also terraform these worlds into a 'humanoid' environment. It is perfectly understandable to speculate. Just thought to throw that out there.
          i feel it would defeat the original purpose of the mission if all worlds were terraformed and seeded with humanoid life.

Ancient 1: well, we're coming into a new galaxy
          Ancient 2: looks exactly like all the others, most planets are temporate, forested and full of humanoid life that we can relate to and communicate with easily.
          Ancient 1: Fantastic, I'm so glad we made all these galaxies carbon copies of our original one!!
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

I wanna see furlings too. And I love Unas.
            It would be nice see many new races. Anything goes for me but replicators. No more replicators!

Comment

this is something i thought was really lackiing from SG-1. and atlantis for that matter. some random alien race seemed to be a convenient story device that never showed up again or was ever explained or explored. It felt lazy, to say it was aliens and not back it up or follow it up with more explanation, especially considering the trend to over explain other stuff...

Bring on the aliems!

Comment

i Would hope so that there would be alot more races or its going to be a big disappointment

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  i feel it would defeat the original purpose of the mission if all worlds were terraformed and seeded with humanoid life.

Ancient 1: well, we're coming into a new galaxy
                  Ancient 2: looks exactly like all the others, most planets are temporate, forested and full of humanoid life that we can relate to and communicate with easily.
                  Ancient 1: Fantastic, I'm so glad we made all these galaxies carbon copies of our original one!!
                  Ah, but I never did state "seeded with humanoid life." I left that out because the Ancients probably wouldn't do that till they actually establish their civilization in a paticular galaxy. (This is speculation.)

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                  So, anyways, I do want to see some exotic, alien environments; however, we have to keep in mind budget wise for a television show. Yes, it will be a much more 'expensive series' then SG-1 or Atlantis, but budget costs still couldn't allow for exotic planets all around. Maybe 1 or 2 episodes per season? Better than nothing, no? xD

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                  and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I will put this way if their one planet after the pilot that feature canadian forest I may just have to reconsider the series.

I mean Sanctuary have done five episodes so far and we have not seen the forest I am sure the bigger budget of destiny will allow alien planets every couple of episodes. Their can also be lots of ship base adventures to not requiring plenetary settings.

So one or two tops episode per season featuring the forest I would not mind but no more. Then the story also must provide the story for the reason the Canadian forest has shown up in the far flung corners of the universe.

And Ancients seeding planets will not be allowed for and excuse. Because it sounds just as boring as the geric dog ate my home work excuse that we have all used.
                    I am starting to think the may be the trees are the furlings.

Comment

How about: Universe = more minority races in leading roles?

Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

If by "more races" you mean "more humans" then yeah, I'm guessing we'll see plenty of them.

Comment

in the end, every planet/galaxy will have same Vancouver forest
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X