This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus class ships in Universe

Just wondering how Universe will work out if we already have ships capable of travelling to this new galaxy. The crew won't be cut off from Earth altogether surely?

Depends how far away the (first) Galaxy is, and whether they can track the course of the Destiny (even if they find out which Galaxy it's in, they'll still have to find where exactly in the Galaxy it is).

It might not even be in our local cluster, with the furthest galaxy being 4.3 million light years away (I think- NGC 3109?). That'd take about a month to get to, by which time the Destiny may have jumped away to a further Galaxy, perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
      Depends how far away the (first) Galaxy is, and whether they can track the course of the Destiny (even if they find out which Galaxy it's in, they'll still have to find where exactly in the Galaxy it is).

It might not even be in our local cluster, with the furthest galaxy being 4.3 million light years away (I think- NGC 3109?). That'd take about a month to get to, by which time the Destiny may have jumped away to a further Galaxy, perhaps.
      maybe that'll be a side story, it could work

KEEP IT CLEAN
      Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
      Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

possibly, if the show gets further than the first season tht is. There probably some hint to an experimental hyperdrive tht the asgard were building and some how implimented it into a new ship(possibly the phoenix, who knows?)

Would be nice to see the deadalus class ship in universe, but without the key essentials of knowing where they are, its going to be really hard to locate and keep up with the ancient ship.

what i would like to see is who will do special guest appearences for universe cos atlantis had RDA for the pilot, who will it be universe, i hope its Mckay

Comment

The Daedalus and the Apollo are in Pegasus... Odyssey in the Milky Way... so..who knows??? maybe the first Phoenix mission´s is to search and rescue the crew...

Ronon looses his temper over the weapons console and starts punching it
          Sheppard: Easy, Chewie! Those buttons are your friends! Just keep trying!
          Ronon: I'M TRYING!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Daedalus View Post
            The Daedalus and the Apollo are in Pegasus... Odyssey in the Milky Way... so..who knows??? maybe the first Phoenix mission´s is to search and rescue the crew...
            i may sound stupid but i hav never heard of a ship called the phoenix, tell me more

Comment

Ehh well , this is a spoiler!!

Spoiler:
              The Phoenix was a ship built in an alternative line time... it appears in "The Last Man" , 4x20 , Stargate Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                i may sound stupid but i hav never heard of a ship called the phoenix, tell me more
                Pheniox first appeared on screen in Atlantis season 4's final show, under command of Col. Carter in another time line in that time line Carter kamazkied one of Mike's hives after begin ambushed by three or four hive ships under his control, the producers say that Pheniox will return and in our own time line and since Carter was replaced because she was too sucessful for her own good, it is save to asume that this Pheniox will be under her command when she returns in Atlantis' final ep
                Pheniox is like the rest a BC-304 with Asgard weapon systems as well, in the other time line she was the first ship to be built in the Pegasus Galaxy and possably Atlantis was also her construction yard or dry dock as well
                The most notable diffrance with the other time line Pheniox is that on the bridge she doesn't have the situation map as, Oddysey, Deadalus, Apollo do and Koralev had it is quite posslbe that she (Pheniox) didn't have rail gun weapons cause the only weapons seen were Asgard plasma weapons and missiles, it is possable to say that she didn't have any rail guns because the ship was constructed in a hurry
                Thou she (Pheniox) is the setting for the fan fiction series "Stargate Pheniox" created by me prior to the end of season 4 of Atlantis
                C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
                  Pheniox first appeared on screen in Atlantis season 4's final show, under command of Col. Carter in another time line in that time line Carter kamazkied one of Mike's hives after begin ambushed by three or four hive ships under his control, the producers say that Pheniox will return and in our own time line and since Carter was replaced because she was too sucessful for her own good, it is save to asume that this Pheniox will be under her command when she returns in Atlantis' final ep
                  Pheniox is like the rest a BC-304 with Asgard weapon systems as well, in the other time line she was the first ship to be built in the Pegasus Galaxy and possably Atlantis was also her construction yard or dry dock as well
                  The most notable diffrance with the other time line Pheniox is that on the bridge she doesn't have the situation map as, Oddysey, Deadalus, Apollo do and Koralev had it is quite posslbe that she (Pheniox) didn't have rail gun weapons cause the only weapons seen were Asgard plasma weapons and missiles, it is possable to say that she didn't have any rail guns because the ship was constructed in a hurry
                  Thou she (Pheniox) is the setting for the fan fiction series "Stargate Pheniox" created by me prior to the end of season 4 of Atlantis
                  ah, i see, i remember now. perhaps it was not built in a hurry and so lacked rail guns, they could have been replaced by asgard beam arrays. wouldnt the phoenix be the first ship built after the asgard gave us the tech rather than retrofitted, afterall if you have beam weapons that we have all seen destroy an ori ship then why fit rail guns that have trouble bringing down a dart.

and is it me or do asgard beam weapons fitted to human ships seem vastly more powerfull than they are on asgard ships. if i recall right at the end of camalot the fasgard ship (o'neil class i think) barely made the ori shields glow let alone do damage, yet durin unending three shots from 'our' beamweapons and it was bye bye ori

Comment

I think the Asgard made the beam weapons after "Camelot"... Thor said they worked a year on the updates for the Odyssey...

Comment

Plus the Asgard ship in "Camelot" seemed to have fled pretty quickly. As soon as they saw how the fleet was getting their butts kicked by the Ori, they probably knew that they had no chance against four Ori ships. However, things might be different in a one vs. one fight between an O'Neill class ship and an Ori toilet ship.

Comment

Do we actually know what happened to that Asgard ship? I don't remember any reference to it fleeing afterwards...

Comment

It either got destroyed, or survived and took off, presuming only 1 asgard was controlling it.. and he beamed to the Odyssey it may have been destroyed...

As for the Daedalus class ships in SGU, I HIGHLY doubt it, keep in mind the Destiny was presumably (from whats been mentioned about it) a project that was set into motion millions of years ago, unless it only operates while it senses humans aboard it would have continued its function meaning its travelled waaaaaaaay beyond any hyperdrive the Asgard may have been developing for us to even try to catch up to it...

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post

I'm confussed. You tring to say that the furthest galaxy known is only 1 month away in hyperspace? i.e end of the universe?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                              I'm confussed. You tring to say that the furthest galaxy known is only 1 month away in hyperspace? i.e end of the universe?
                              no the furthest galaxy in the local cluster is 4.3 million light years away.
                              Start here
                              20 million light years The 304 class can generally cover 170,000 light years in 24 hours. meaning a galaxy that is 20 million light years away is 118 days(4 months) out. However 4 months of continuous usage by the hyperdrive is unknown.

Also not for whatever reason hyperdrive speed inside a galaxy is slower than crossing between galaxies. As the pegasus is roughly 75,000 light years across yet it takes a 304 2 days to cover said distance.

Comment

Working...
                              X