PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones News/Discussion/Speculation TAG Ep Spoilers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Trek_Girl42
November 11th, 2008, 08:52 PM
From GRRM (http://grrm.livejournal.com/58155.html), it's happening, it's finally happening!

"HBO has given the production order.

They will be filming the pilot episode of A GAME OF THRONES.

It's just the pilot so far. They'll need to see that before they decide whether to proceed with a full season's episodes. So let's all hope the pilot will kick serious ass. <snip>"

Winter is coming! :D

Arative
November 12th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I just hope it is faithful to the books!!

Given GRRM's involvement I have high hopes, even though it does take him away from actually finishing the books

Dark Matter
November 12th, 2008, 11:53 AM
do you have a premise

Jumper_One
November 12th, 2008, 01:40 PM
cool :D

Trek_Girl42
November 12th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I just hope it is faithful to the books!!

Given GRRM's involvement I have high hopes, even though it does take him away from actually finishing the booksYup. I wonder if it's still the plan that he'll write one ep per season, if it does go to order.

do you have a premise
It's high fantasy based upon George R.R. Martin's series A Song of Ice and Fire- think Lord of the Rings but R-rated, and way better. :D

THR (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ie9098baec9eb95cdf64383a225032180).

Arative
November 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
do you have a premise

Song of Ice and Fire, its quite a thrilling fantasy series. Martin isn't afraid to spend a book or more building a character up and then killing them off if it makes for better story telling.

GateofDOOM
December 3rd, 2008, 01:04 AM
Still waiting for the books to finish GRRM...

I can't say I'm a fan of starting movies or television series before the whole plot has unraveled (I'm looking at you Harry Potter!!), but if GRRM is involved then it may yet turn out okay. I have high hopes, although I have forgotten almost everything about the first book as it's been...hm...seven years since I read it?
It was a good book, but I was going to wait till the last book came out before going back to read it again then reading the whole series. A wrench has been thrown in my plans!!

*hem* Anyway, if it's HBO then they're going to make it properly or not make it all, that's the great thing about HBO, so it could be fantastic.

Exiled Master
December 3rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Still waiting for the books to finish GRRM...

I can't say I'm a fan of starting movies or television series before the whole plot has unraveled (I'm looking at you Harry Potter!!), but if GRRM is involved then it may yet turn out okay. I have high hopes, although I have forgotten almost everything about the first book as it's been...hm...seven years since I read it?
It was a good book, but I was going to wait till the last book came out before going back to read it again then reading the whole series. A wrench has been thrown in my plans!!
Are you sure you would remember everything? Heck, I read it last year and I can't remember all the parentage hints that were dropped there. Haven't you ever wondered why Eddard said Jon was 'his blood' and not 'his son'?

Randy_Watson
December 4th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Are you sure you would remember everything? Heck, I read it last year and I can't remember all the parentage hints that were dropped there.

Yeah, I had to print out a recap of the first book when I started the second. There is sooo much going on (in a good way).

GateofDOOM
December 5th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Are you sure you would remember everything? Heck, I read it last year and I can't remember all the parentage hints that were dropped there. Haven't you ever wondered why Eddard said Jon was 'his blood' and not 'his son'?

Since it took me a minute to remember who Eddard was....I'm going to go with no. :P

But like I said I can only remember a few things...Like how I hated Jamie in the first book (*Shakes fist*), but he was my favorite in the third (*Shakes fist at Cerce* [sp?])and so on.

Trek_Girl42
December 5th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Since it took me a minute to remember who Eddard was....I'm going to go with no. :P

But like I said I can only remember a few things...Like how I hated Jamie in the first book (*Shakes fist*), but he was my favorite in the third (*Shakes fist at Cerce* [sp?])and so on.That is one of my favourite things about the series- I absolutely despised Jamie in the first book.....but come the third and he's suddenly one of the most sympathetic characters! :eek:

That just amazed me.

Exiled Master
December 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
That is one of my favourite things about the series- I absolutely despised Jamie in the first book.....but come the third and he's suddenly one of the most sympathetic characters! :eek:

That just amazed me.

The wonderful thing about Joffrey was that I was sad when he died, since there wasn't any other high-visibility character to despise.

Jumper_One
December 21st, 2008, 04:19 PM
aaaah spoilers :eek: :P I'm currently reading A Clash of Kings and it's awesome! looking forward to the pilot episode :D

Arative
December 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
Winter is coming!!! (http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/2008/12/winter-is-comings-exclusive-pilot.html)

Review of a leaked copy of the pilot script for a the series. Gives me such high hopes for this show. Sticking to the source material is the right way to bring a book to the small screen.

Jumper_One
December 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM
awesome, thanks :D

Arative
April 22nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
The news has finally been made public, so I'm finally free to whoop and holler and share the great news -- the HBO pilot of A GAME OF THRONES will start filming in October, in Northern Ireland. The announcement was made in Belfast. Here you go:

http://www.northernireland.gov.uk/news/news-ofmdfm/news-ofmdfm-210409-hbo-to-film.htm

Yes, I'm thrilled. Ireland should be a great place to film. And the facility we'll be using, the Paint Hall, is amazing as well:

http://www.northernirelandscreen.co.uk/page.asp?id=211

Before it was a film studio, the Paint Hall was part of Belfast's famous Harland & Wolff Shipyards, where the TITANIC and many other ships were constructed. The facility is pretty titanic as well. Of course, all of us connected with A GAME OF THRONES are hoping we'll fare somewhat better on our own maiden voyage.

Yes, Parris and I will be going over to Ireland this fall to see at least part of the filming. Not for the whole shoot, alas, I don't have time for that... but we have to be there for at least part of it. Maybe we'll see some of you in a Belfast pub.

There's lots of other exciting news on the pilot as well, but nothing I can share. Sorry, lips are sealed. You'll have to wait for Mr. Benioff and Mr. Weiss... and HBO. (http://grrm.livejournal.com/84893.html)

Now this sounds sweet.

Arative
May 6th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Tom McCarthy has come aboard to direct HBO's fantasy pilot "Game of Thrones," on which the star of his first feature, "The Station Agent's" Peter Dinklage, has been tapped for a key role.

Based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling "Songs of Fire and Ice" novels, "Thrones" is described as an epic struggle for power set in a vast and violent fantasy kingdom. Dinklage will play Tyrion, the Queen's brother who is treated as an outsier because of his size. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i30b29365238b3652295a5a9e328518de)

Dinklage is pretty much the only actor that I saw playing Tyrion. The more I read about this, the better it sounds.

Spimman
May 6th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Never heard of it, but I just read up on them and it sounds like a really cool series of books. I may wait for some of the other ones to come out, I like reading series straight through if possible.

Krichton
May 6th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I'm curious to see who they cast as Arya but aside from that I am not all that enthused about this adaptation. Game of Thrones was a pretty boring book. The rest of the book series is just a bunch of a seperate little adventures that don't really don't tie into any kind of central theme or plot.

Never heard of it, but I just read up on them and it sounds like a really cool series of books. I may wait for some of the other ones to come out, I like reading series straight through if possible.

If you wait 15 years it'll probably be finished by then.

dsigal
August 21st, 2009, 01:17 PM
Anyone else here a fan/following the preproduction and casting of the pilot?

magictrick
August 21st, 2009, 03:35 PM
Anyone else here a fan/following the preproduction and casting of the pilot?

Yes. I'm excited for this series and have been following the process since it was first pitched to HBO. I'm really glad it was picked up by HBO and not one of the regular cable networks.

I'm curious to see who they cast as Arya but aside from that I am not all that enthused about this adaptation.

GRRM has revealed some more casting selections on his blog, including Arya. The selections are for Ser Jorah Mormont, Daenerys Targaryen, Robb Stark, Arya Stark, Sansa Stark, Theon Greyjoy and Jaime Lannister.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

Jumper_One
September 2nd, 2009, 12:17 AM
Royal HBO role filled by 'Terminator: Sarah Connor' actress

All the major roles for HBO's "Game of Thones" pilot have been filled in recent weeks -- except one.

I can exclusively reveal that Lena Headey, most recently seen as Sarah Connor in Fox's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," will play Cersei Lannister, a woman of royal blood who is every bit as smart, cunning and devious as the powerful men around her.

**snip**
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2009/09/game-of-thrones-hbo-.html

magictrick
September 2nd, 2009, 05:17 AM
Awesome! I wonder how she'll look with blonde hair (if I remember correctly Cersei was blonde) Now they are ready to go with the pilot. Can't wait for this to air.

Madwelshboy
October 17th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Jason Momoa as Drogo?

According to some reports, it looks like Jason Momoa may have been cast as Drogo. Supposedly the actor himself announced it at Armageddon Expo in Melbourne, Australia. Here is a report from someone who was at the convention.

I'm @abitliketrying on twitter and was sitting in the front row when Jason Momoa announced it, and was one of the first to tweet. It was Armageddon in Melbourne, Australia.

He just got the call the other day and he said it hadn't been announced. He'll be filming in Morocco and doesn't like horses, so isn't looking forward to the horseback scenes. He also said that it'll be his first nude scene and first sex scene.

He went on to say that Game of Thrones was one of the best series that he'd read, and everyone should read it. Believe me, few enough of us cheered when he first said it.

He also said when he went in for the audition he did a haka, as he thought it would be perfect for Drogo.

Cheers!
Dee

http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/2009/10/jason-momoa-as-drogo.html

Now confirmed by HBO:
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2009/10/game-of-thrones-hbo.html

Everlovin
October 18th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Ok, so I know very little about HBO. Is there any chance a person can watch eps online? HBO.com sort of thing? Or is it more likely to be for iTunes? Buy the dvd's for a zillion dollars?

Trying to figure a way to see this show.

magictrick
October 18th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I think Jason is the perfect fit. I hadn't even thought much about Drogo in this series since his role is not as significant as the others, but really great casting choice in my opinion.

Ok, so I know very little about HBO. Is there any chance a person can watch eps online? HBO.com sort of thing? Or is it more likely to be for iTunes? Buy the dvd's for a zillion dollars?

Trying to figure a way to see this show.

I don't think HBO has the watch online option. If you're in the U.S, there's a chance Hulu might have it. They have links for Showtime shows on there, not sure about HBO though.

And of course there's always ways to watch shows in high quality and without paying a zillion dollars :)

Madwelshboy
November 20th, 2009, 12:17 AM
George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones filming complete

Filming on the pilot for Game of Thrones, adapted from the fantasy novel by George R.R. Martin, has wrapped, according to Visual Effects producer Julia Frey. The three weeks of shooting took place in three different countries and involved a cast of two dozen and more than 100 extras.

Cast members include Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister, a woman of royal blood, Peter Dinklage as Cersei's brother Tyrion, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Cersei's twin, Jaime, Sean Bean as aristocrat Ned Stark, Jennifer Ehle as his wife, Catelyn Stark, and Mark Addy as King Robert.

HBO is reportedly expected to give its decision on a green light around March.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/game-of-thrones.php

magictrick
November 20th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I really hope they did a good job with the production of the pilot so that HBO will give the green light. Really excited for this one!

Madwelshboy
January 15th, 2010, 02:48 AM
HBO's 'Game Of Thrones' nears pickup

Game Of Thrones is reportedly close to receiving a series order from HBO.

The fantasy pilot, which stars Sean Bean, Alfie Allen and Peter Dinklage, was described by the network's programming chief Michael Lombardo as "fantastic".

"I would be surprised if it doesn't [get a green light]," Lombardo said. "It has everything going for it."

The project is a television adaptation of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series and focuses on an epic struggle for power between the main characters.

If the pickup goes ahead, Thrones is likely to premiere on HBO in March or April next year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a196581/hbos-game-of-thrones-nears-pickup.html

Jumper_One
January 15th, 2010, 10:19 AM
fantastic news :D

Madwelshboy
March 2nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
HBO says yes to Game of Thrones series (plus 1st pic!)

It's official: HBO has given a green light to a 10-episode series based on George R.R. Martin's fantasy series Game of Thrones and released the first image from the show, which you can view below. Production begins in June; no premiere date was announced.

Cast members include Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister, a woman of royal blood, Peter Dinklage as Cersei's brother Tyrion, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Cersei's twin, Jaime, Sean Bean as aristocrat Ned Stark, Jennifer Ehle as his wife, Catelyn Stark, and Mark Addy as King Robert.

The official announcement at:-
http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/hbo-says-yes-to-game-of-t.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Jumper_One
March 2nd, 2010, 11:58 AM
woohoo :D

Replicator Todd
March 2nd, 2010, 12:27 PM
Well, I wont be able to watch it, I don't have HBO and don't plan on getting it.

magictrick
March 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
HBO says yes to Game of Thrones series (plus 1st pic!)

It's official: HBO has given a green light to a 10-episode series based on George R.R. Martin's fantasy series Game of Thrones and released the first image from the show, which you can view below. Production begins in June; no premiere date was announced.

The official announcement at:-
http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/hbo-says-yes-to-game-of-t.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Yes!! Awesome news. I am so excited for this series. Is there any word on when they expect it to be ready? I'm guessing next year.

Well, I wont be able to watch it, I don't have HBO and don't plan on getting it.

I'm pretty sure 3/4 of the people who watch HBO shows don't have HBO. Nowadays whether you have a channel or not isn't an issue anymore.

Jumper_One
March 2nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Yes!! Awesome news. I am so excited for this series. Is there any word on when they expect it to be ready? I'm guessing next year.

IIRC spring 2011

Replicator Todd
March 2nd, 2010, 02:18 PM
I'm pretty sure 3/4 of the people who watch HBO shows don't have HBO. Nowadays whether you have a channel or not isn't an issue anymore.
Wha? Then how do people watch those shows?!

magictrick
March 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
IIRC spring 2011

I was expecting that. Such a long time, but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Wha? Then how do people watch those shows?!

The internet :) Whether legally or illegally it is slowly but surely making cable/satellite tv obsolete. Any show that's on TV you can watch online a couple hours after it airs or at the latest the following day.

chrono trigger
March 2nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
im looking forward to this i have never read the books so i dont know what to expect which im actually happy about as i cant stand watching something on tv if i have read it as a book i always prefer the book

magictrick
March 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
im looking forward to this i have never read the books so i dont know what to expect which im actually happy about as i cant stand watching something on tv if i have read it as a book i always prefer the book

I would still recommend that you read the books as they are really great. Besides if you don't like the series you don't have to watch it right :)

Exiled Master
March 16th, 2010, 06:04 AM
I suspect that the series will develop a case of Shonen Adaptation Delay Syndrome. What do Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Naruto have in common? Their anime forms catch up to the manga source material. Basically, I'm predicting that the AGOT hbo series will be caught up to the books before the book series is completed.

Jumper_One
March 16th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I suspect that the series will develop a case of Shonen Adaptation Delay Syndrome. What do Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Naruto have in common? Their anime forms catch up to the manga source material. Basically, I'm predicting that the AGOT hbo series will be caught up to the books before the book series is completed.

Matt Roush of TV Guide Magazine recently answered a readers question regarding this

Question: You recently sounded enthusiastic about HBO green-lighting the George R.R. Martin Game of Thrones series. Speaking as someone who loves the books, I am very, very apprehensive. And not for the normal book-translations reasons ("It will never hold true", "They will get it all wrong" blah blah). I don't care about any of that. My worry is Martin himself. If you are not familiar with the books, here is the short version of my complaint. Game of Thrones was published in 1997, theoretically the first of seven books. Now, 13 years later, we have seen 3.5 of those books. The ".5" comes from the last book, which was half of what he intended; he split the "4th" because it got too long and bumped the series up to 8 predicted books. At the time he said that the "second half" was essentially written and would be out quickly, but that was in 2006, and nothing since. He used to update his blog on his progress, but nothing there since Jan. 2008 except for vague references about being stuck.

Martin is an amazingly talented and imaginative writer who started a fantastic series, but seems to have either lost interest, has bitten off more than he can chew, or just doesn't have time. (A parallel situation happened with the fantasy author Robert Jordan, who resolved it by dying before finishing.) Reading these books is quite an investment, but I've had to accept that I'm never going to get the payoff. Hence my worry about a TV series which I would otherwise be very excited about. Its bad enough that we have to worry about the premature ending of any TV show for the normal reasons (low ratings, low profits, whatever). But to add to this the unreliability of the author and it really makes this sound like a bad thing to invest time into.John

Matt Roush: A fair concern, and one I share since I have chosen not to start reading the fourth book until the fifth is published so I can have a more complete reading experience. I only read the original trilogy a few years ago, anticipating the sale to HBO, and was transfixed, but also awed by its scope and range of characters; I often found myself ending a chapter and paging forward to see how long it would besometimes 100 pages or morebefore Id be able to return to a specific set of characters or narrative point of view. It is a daunting task to adapt something like this for TV, especially given that the end of the story has yet to be written, and depending how much of the tale each season eats up, the TV show could eventually outpace the literary version. (Funny you mention the Robert Jordan series; I tried that one, too, in the immediate wake of the Lord of the Rings movies, and when it stalled about seven or eight books in, I just gave up. I much prefer the Martin series.) But all concerns aside, Im so excited to see this epic fantasy come to life, and on a network that can handle its adult concerns and support its ambitions, that Ill worry about these other matters if were lucky enough to get to that point. Bottom line, though, a memo to George R.R. Martin: Get a move on!
http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/ask-matt/ask-matt-no-lie-4373.html

also this is what Winter Is Coming (http://winter-is-coming.net/) had to say

Winter Is Coming: Although many fans have voiced their concern that the TV series will catch up to the books I just dont see that happening. Martin is already very close to finishing ADWD which would give him at a minimum five years to finish books 6 and 7 (no more that seven have been planned, the reader asking the question has it wrong), even longer if HBO waits more than a year in between seasons, which they frequently do. Yes, I know ADWD will have taken him five years to complete but I dont think the last two will pose quite as many problems for Martin as AFFC and ADWD did. I suspect (hope?) he will get them out in a somewhat more reasonable time frame, say, 3 years a piece. Besides, like Matt says, even if HBO does run into this problem we should consider it a positive thing because it means that the series is an unqualified success!
http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/03/tv-critic-weighs-in-on-frequent-fan-concern/

Jumper_One
March 16th, 2010, 03:12 PM
another update!

A Budget to be Reckoned With

When HBO announced that it was ordering a season of George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones on March 2nd, the news was greeted with jubilation across fandom, on the internet and off. But the green light provided a host of new questions, such as when new cast members would be announced, when new production stills might be seen, and the like. And among them, a fairly significant question: what would the budget be?

We received answers pretty quickly. Nelson McCausland, a government minister, shared that the per-season budget was expected to be circa 30 million, equivalent to $45 million U.S. With a ten episode order, this would average at $4.5m an episode, a significant amount of money by most standards in the industry. On top of this, we had additional reports that the production was estimated to inject as much as 20m ($30m) into the economy, an interesting figure that has provided one of our own estimates regarding just what this budget means.

**snip**

So if youre worried about the budget? Dont be. HBOs investing major funds into this, making the show its second-most expensive regular hour-long series on the air, and its third-most richly budgeted regular hour-long once the cheaper, foreign shooting location, the tax relief, and other production breaks are factored in.
http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Features/Entry/3988/

HBO's 'Game of Thrones': The 'Buffy' and 'Battlestar' connection

HBO has confirmed that Jane Espenson, a "Caprica" executive producer who has also penned scripts for "Dollhouse," "Battlestar Galactica," "Buffy" and a host of other cool shows, is one of the writers for the TV adaptation of "Game of Thrones," which was recently greenlit by HBO. Espenson will write the sixth episode of "Thrones'" first season as a freelancer.

Also writing single episodes of the drama: Bryan Cogman, a script coordinator for the show, who'll pen the fourth episode of the season, and George R.R. Martin himself. Martin, of course, wrote the book series on which "Game of Thrones" is based and has been closely involved in the project since it was announced. Martin is one of the show's executive producer and a former writer for TV show such as "Beauty and the Beast" and "Twilight Zone."

The rest of the 10-episode first season of "Game of Thrones" will be written by David Benioff and Chicago's own D.B. Weiss, the team who scripted the pilot and have overseen the television adaptation from its inception.

**snip**
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/03/game-of-thrones-hbo.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+chicagotribune%2Fthewatcher+%28chicagotribune.com+-+The+Watcher+television+blog%29

magictrick
March 17th, 2010, 05:46 PM
The news regarding this series just keep getting better and better. Thanks for the updates!

Jumper_One
March 20th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Fairley to replace Ehle in HBO's 'Thrones'

The cast of HBO's much buzzed about new fantasy series "Game of Thrones" is undergoing minor tweaking.

Irish actress Michelle Fairley has been tapped for a co-starring role on the adaptation of the George R.R. Martin book series.

**snip**

Fairley replaces Jennifer Ehle, who played the role in the pilot.

Production on the show's nine-episode order will begin in Belfast this June.

David Benioff and Dan Weiss created the series, whose pilot was directed by Thomas McCarthy.

Leading the large ensemble cast are Bean, Lena Headey, Mark Addy, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Peter Dinklage.

Fairley, who is little known in the U.S., will play Mrs. Granger in the final two "Harry Potter" movies.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i21cea1586dd4edf533b1d96d3d3b5d32

Jumper_One
June 14th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Game of Thrones teaser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MophfvUlfI) :D

magictrick
June 14th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Green to you for finding that :) Can't wait!

mr_kennedy
June 14th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Im interested in this series im going to be checking it out

magictrick
July 17th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Game of Thrones Adds Director and Recasts the Die Again

Although the pilot's been in the can since last year, the producers behind HBO's Game of Thrones are still moving pieces on and off the board, in the form of the cast. First, Michelle Fairley was brought in to replace Jennifer Elhe in the role of the female lead, Catelyn Stark and now Emilia Clarke is stepping in for the previously cast Tamzin Merchant as Daenerys Targaryen, a young princess bethrothed to savages by her power hungry brother.

Other news out of Westeros is the addition of Dexter, The Tudors and Boardwalk Empire, director, Brian Kirk to Thrones' directors' stable for two episodes. The series goes into production in late July and is slated to premiere next spring.

http://www.ugo.com/tv/game-of-thrones-adds-director-and-recasts-the-die-again?cmpid=rss-tv-imdb

Aidan Gillen joins ‘Game of Thrones’ Cast

IFTA winning actor Aidan Gillen (The Wire) has been added to the cast of the epic Northern Irish production of ‘Game of Thrones’. The Irish star will appear in the series in the role of Littlefinger, advisor to Mark Addy’s King Robert.

http://www.iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&aid=73&rid=4283220&tpl=archnews&only=1

Madwelshboy
August 12th, 2010, 11:30 AM
'Skins' Dempsie cast in 'Game Of Thrones'

Joe Dempsie has reportedly been cast in Game Of Thrones. The new HBO series is based on the A Song Of Ice And Fire novels by George R. R. Martin.

Martin has now claimed on his blog that Dempsie, who previously played Chris in Skins, has joined the cast as the armourer's apprentice Gendry. Martin also appeared to confirm that Elyes Gabel, who has starred in Waterloo Road, Identity and Dead Set, will appear in the show as Jhogo, one of Dany's bloodriders.

"So, two more bright young talents come to Westeros," he wrote. "I think you'll like them."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a260417/skins-dempsie-cast-in-game-of-thrones.html

DigiFluid
September 12th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Airlock Alpha has been good to us today, guys and gals!

Raven teaser trailer (http://airlockalpha.com/node/7800/new-game-of-thrones-trailer-is-here.html) (Youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAZzCFPcLoo))

And a behind-the-scenes look (http://airlockalpha.com/node/7801/take-a-behind-the-scenes-peak-at-game-of-thrones.html)! (Youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjY6QnOPcoI))

Jumper_One
September 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Airlock Alpha has been good to us today, guys and gals!

Raven teaser trailer (http://airlockalpha.com/node/7800/new-game-of-thrones-trailer-is-here.html) (Youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAZzCFPcLoo))

And a behind-the-scenes look (http://airlockalpha.com/node/7801/take-a-behind-the-scenes-peak-at-game-of-thrones.html)! (Youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjY6QnOPcoI))

finally :D

magictrick
September 13th, 2010, 06:27 PM
This show has epic written all over it.

Jumper_One
November 19th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Game of Thrones: Exclusive First Look! (http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20385926_20442931,00.html)

Fantasy-book series arrives as an HBO epic in 2011; get a sneak peek at 10 photos and see what it's all about [...]

**snip**

The Mighty 6 platoon
November 29th, 2010, 01:01 PM
There's a cool new trailer up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7JYw5kQg_Y
Link if the vid isn’t working.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7JYw5kQg_Y

Jumper_One
November 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM
:eek: awesome!! :D :D

The Mighty 6 platoon
November 29th, 2010, 01:43 PM
:eek: awesome!! :D :D

Oh yeah. And there was a pretty clear shot shot of Jason in the trailer, it's kinda weird seeing him without the dreads though. :D

magictrick
November 29th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Oh yeah. And there was a pretty clear shot shot of Jason in the trailer, it's kinda weird seeing him without the dreads though. :D

Almost didn't recognize him. I think he'll make a good Drogo.

Andron
November 30th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Really can't wait for the show to finally begin. The trailer looks great.
I've just begun reading A Storm of Swords.

Read that there will be a 15minutes behind-the-scenes preview on HBO on Sunday December 5. It's called Inside Game of Thrones.
http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/11/hbo-set-to-air-new-thrones-footage-next-sunday/

Care
November 30th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I am excited for this to start. The trailer looks great.

I have a feeling that with the casting choices, I might find the show more emotional than the book. If they follow the book that is.

The Mighty 6 platoon
November 30th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I am excited for this to start. The trailer looks great.

I have a feeling that with the casting choices, I might find the show more emotional than the book. If they follow the book that is.

George R.R. Martin is a producer on the show, credited as a writer and has reported that the pilot at least is very faithful to the book, so that seems likely. The fact that they are doing a tv series rather than a book means they don't have to remove detail they normally would in a movie.

Wayston
December 1st, 2010, 03:08 AM
could anyone explain without spoilers what this series is about? wikipedia says it's an epic fantasy but I didn't see any fantasy elements in the trailer

Care
December 1st, 2010, 06:19 AM
It has been many years since I actually read this, but it is not fantasy heavy. Most of the fantastical elements take place outside the Seven Kingdoms and the story lines are smaller in the beginning. It is extremely hard to explain as there is a lot of back story. It is very political and is pretty much about the struggle for the lands.

The reason for the saying you see all the time in the advertising, "Winter Is Coming", is because winter is right around the corner when the book starts and it will last for years.

I only read the first book because I wasn't as drawn in as most people. I did like the story though and would have read the rest, but I knew G.R.R.M. has been taking forever in finishing the series and I didn't want to have to wait for another series. I am sure others here can explain more having read the rest.

I know Martin is involved with the series, but many book to TV adaptions have been changed drastically. Some I like (True Blood, IMO way better than the books) and some I don't (Legend of the Seeker). I tend to like HBO's adaptions, so I am really looking forward to seeing what comes from ASoIaF.

The Mighty 6 platoon
December 1st, 2010, 09:28 AM
could anyone explain without spoilers what this series is about? wikipedia says it's an epic fantasy but I didn't see any fantasy elements in the trailer

It's low fantasy. There is magic but it's very rare, normally requires a price in blood. The most fantastical nature of the series is the world it is set on, where seasons last for decades. There was magic in the past, dragons, undead and the mysterious race called “The Others” but they disappeared. However as the series progresses let’s just say magic and the supernatural comes back onto the scene, though half the characters in the story are too busy in the middle of a massive war to notice.

Andron
December 6th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Here you can watch the HBO behind-the-scenes preview "Inside Game of Thrones" (over 11 minutes long!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVKp5nYxyI&feature=player_embedded

gotthammer
December 6th, 2010, 12:22 PM
It's low fantasy. There is magic but it's very rare, normally requires a price in blood. The most fantastical nature of the series is the world it is set on, where seasons last for decades. There was magic in the past, dragons, undead and the mysterious race called “The Others” but they disappeared. However as the series progresses let’s just say magic and the supernatural comes back onto the scene, though half the characters in the story are too busy in the middle of a massive war to notice.

Yup. Pretty much this. The magical elements tend to take a backseat to stuff like politics and the characters.

Just one important magical note to remember: House Greyjoy will win 'cause they worship Cthulhu! :D

DigiFluid
December 7th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Here you can watch the HBO behind-the-scenes preview "Inside Game of Thrones" (over 11 minutes long!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVKp5nYxyI&feature=player_embedded
Saw this on 'certain sites' the other day and just finished watching it.... Lots of little bits of footage from the show and a lot of talk from people involved in the series. Definitely a great watch for anyone anticipating this series.

I didn't even realize till watching this that Jason Momoa (Ronan, SGA) and Aiden Gillen (Tommy Carcetti, The Wire) were going to be in it till now! Can you tell I've been avoiding all manner of spoilers for the show? :p

magictrick
December 7th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Saw this on 'certain sites' the other day and just finished watching it.... Lots of little bits of footage from the show and a lot of talk from people involved in the series. Definitely a great watch for anyone anticipating this series.

I didn't even realize till watching this that Jason Momoa (Ronan, SGA) and Aiden Gillen (Tommy Carcetti, The Wire) were going to be in it till now! Can you tell I've been avoiding all manner of spoilers for the show? :p

That behind the scenes is one giant spoiler! Well, sort of..I guess if you've read the books, nothing is really considered spoiler

DigiFluid
December 7th, 2010, 05:26 PM
That behind the scenes is one giant spoiler!
I know...I caved :lol:

Well, sort of..I guess if you've read the books, nothing is really considered spoiler
This is true. But I guess it falls into the same sort of spoiler category as The Walking Dead. And I haven't read the books (in either case), so....

Krichton
December 9th, 2010, 04:09 AM
So far everything looks terrific, but how on earth are they going to make a series like this work if they remain faithful to the books? After season 1 practically every character will go off on their own adventures and will never see each other again. That doesn't exactly spell long term success for a tv show.

magictrick
December 11th, 2010, 12:23 PM
So far everything looks terrific, but how on earth are they going to make a series like this work if they remain faithful to the books? After season 1 practically every character will go off on their own adventures and will never see each other again. That doesn't exactly spell long term success for a tv show.

Are there even plans to continue? As of now its just this one book that's a miniseries. I'm sure if its really successful they will find a way. Besides, some of the characters still have interactions with each other, and new characters are added in the other books as well.

DigiFluid
December 11th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Are there even plans to continue? As of now its just this one book that's a miniseries.
Nope....the show is being treated as a first season of a series, not a miniseries :)

Andron
December 11th, 2010, 02:02 PM
The plan is that each book will be one season of the tv show. Though that may get complicated with "A Feast for Crows" and "A Dance with Dragons" for obvious reasons...but let's wait and see how they'll solve that problem.

jmoz
December 12th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I just want to see the fantasy elements. Don't really care much about the silly politics. Not much fantasy shows. There's none that I'm aware off currently.

Oka
December 12th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I just want to see the fantasy elements. Don't really care much about the silly politics. Not much fantasy shows. There's none that I'm aware off currently.
Fantasy doe not equal dragons and spell casting. If you're interested in seeing elves and ogres and what not you're going to be disappointed in this show.

jmoz
December 12th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Fantasy doe not equal dragons and spell casting. If you're interested in seeing elves and ogres and what not you're going to be disappointed in this show.

Didn't mean it like that. I know what fantasy is, I've read Song of Ice and Fire. It's very diluted fantasy.

The Mighty 6 platoon
December 13th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Are there even plans to continue? As of now its just this one book that's a miniseries. I'm sure if its really successful they will find a way. Besides, some of the characters still have interactions with each other, and new characters are added in the other books as well.

The first season will have 12 episodes, which is a standard HBO season.

Didn't mean it like that. I know what fantasy is, I've read Song of Ice and Fire. It's very diluted fantasy.
Low fantasy is the correct term. And if you've read any of the books then you'd know that the "silly" politics is pretty much a focus of the books. Considering that George R.R Martin is exec producing and is a member of the writing staff, and the series is supposed to be very faithful to the books, I don't think that's going to change.

jmoz
December 14th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I'm hoping with the shortened depiction of the books in tv format, they'd focus on the fantasy elements more. The Wraith or whatever they're called. There's a subtle undertone of a looming invasion by them in the series which still hasn't happened yet.

Krichton
December 14th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I'm hoping with the shortened depiction of the books in tv format, they'd focus on the fantasy elements more. The Wraith or whatever they're called. There's a subtle undertone of a looming invasion by them in the series which still hasn't happened yet.

If you read the books then you must realize that magic has absolutely no part to play in the overall plot of the books. Aside from the dragons it would be much easier simply to ignore the few instances where Martin felt it necessary to just throw in magic just for the sake of it rather than it having it play an integral part in the storytelling.

magictrick
December 14th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Yea I don't think fantasy is really the focus here. The only reason its classified as fantasy is because it takes place in a fantasy world. And of course, there are a few elements like dragons and the Others that add to it, but not much focus on those.

DigiFluid
December 14th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Are the books really worth checking out? As a rule, I tend to turn my nose up at any non-Tolkien, non-Lewis fantasy, but I'm quite looking forward to the TV series.

Krichton
December 14th, 2010, 11:42 PM
It seems like you've answered your own question. The funny part is that Martin fans also turn their noses up at any NON Martin books. lol!

magictrick
December 15th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Are the books really worth checking out? As a rule, I tend to turn my nose up at any non-Tolkien, non-Lewis fantasy, but I'm quite looking forward to the TV series.

They sure are. I was hooked from the very first one. Personally what I liked is that there are fantasy elements but there is also a ton of character development. Each character is layered and there is no "good vs bad" scenario which is great.

VampyreWraith
December 19th, 2010, 11:20 AM
When is this series starting exactly. I love the books and I'm really looking forward to this tv series so this is actually going to get me to subscribe to HBO again.

DigiFluid
December 19th, 2010, 11:33 AM
April. We don't have an exact date yet, but you can bet it'll be on a Sunday; which means it'll be on the 3rd, 10th, 17th, or 24th.

VampyreWraith
December 19th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Cool thanks, at least I know which month to call the cable company up by lol. :)

Andron
December 20th, 2010, 08:51 AM
There's a new behind-the-scenes featurette about the costume armor.

The Artisans: Simon Brindle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNIw5rAkzAs

Jumper_One
January 8th, 2011, 12:09 AM
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/Jumper_One1/Stuff/premiere_SMALL.jpg
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/1/7/game-of-thrones-premiere-date-announced.html

DigiFluid
January 8th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The Mighty 6 platoon
January 8th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Gimme gimme gimme. :P

Jumper_One
January 17th, 2011, 02:45 AM
HBO released another awesome GoT teaser :D

The Game Begins (http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/1/16/iron-throne-preview.html)

Andron
January 17th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Really can't wait to finally watch the first episode! 3 months to go :)

Here's a picture of the Iron Throne
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/1/16/latest-photo-the-iron-throne.html?cmpid=ABC587

The Mighty 6 platoon
January 18th, 2011, 12:29 PM
HBO released another awesome GoT teaser :D

The Game Begins (http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/1/16/iron-throne-preview.html)

Very cool, captures the spirit of the series very niceely.

Also found this new UK trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWnUx0ZgUGg

Game of Thrones will air on SKY Atlantic in April, no exact date, but speculation has that it will be around the same week each episode airs in the U.S, so there should be little delay in us getting the episodes in glorious hi definition. And because I have an excuse, here's a trailer for SKY Atlantic, a new channel, free for SKY customers, where SKY have made a deal to show all HBO programming on this channel, including Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, which is essentially HBO UK, something I've wanted for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlYrkhSUPyA

VampyreWraith
January 18th, 2011, 03:24 PM
April seems so far away lol, I really can't wait for this to start.

The Mighty 6 platoon
January 21st, 2011, 03:02 AM
A new behind the scenes video on the fights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh54KgtKZsg

The Mighty 6 platoon
January 24th, 2011, 02:35 AM
And just in case anyone was in any doubt about the violence or sexual content of the show, this being a faithful adaptation of the books on HBO, the producers say if the adaptation was released as films they would probably be rejected from an R rating, the content being so strong.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/producer-hbos-game-of-thrones-is-beyond-rated-r_article_42031

twaxer
January 25th, 2011, 01:38 AM
And just in case anyone was in any doubt about the violence or sexual content of the show, this being a faithful adaptation of the books on HBO, the producers say if the adaptation was released as films they would probably be rejected from an R rating, the content being so strong.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/producer-hbos-game-of-thrones-is-beyond-rated-r_article_42031

i really hope they dont alter much from the books. they are so great!! :)

The Mighty 6 platoon
January 25th, 2011, 03:12 AM
i really hope they dont alter much from the books. they are so great!! :)

Well seing as how GRRM is a exec producer and writer on the show, and he says the series is faithful, it's a fair bet they will be.

magictrick
January 25th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Well seing as how GRRM is a exec producer and writer on the show, and he says the series is faithful, it's a fair bet they will be.

I'm just glad HBO picked this up, they've always proven to be reliable in terms of quality. If it got picked up by some regular cable channel it would have been transformed into who knows what, as was done with another favourite novel series of mine, Sword of Truth.

I have no doubts this will stay as faithful as possible to the books with GRRM and HBO at the helm.

gotthammer
January 25th, 2011, 06:37 PM
A new behind the scenes video on the fights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh54KgtKZsg

Ooh. Nice vid. :D
Khopesh for the dothraki? (always imagined them as Steppe horesemen/Mongols, then the card game kinda made them a mix of that and native Americans *shrugs* probably a time for a re-read :D )

And more of the Mountain-that-rides in motion! :D
(to be honest, tho', I was hoping that the Viper would win... :P )

I wonder who that is, near the end, wearing what looks like lamellar armour.

Gah! Show it already! (so they can start on the other books...the ones w/ my favourite House in it: Greyjoy :D )

Andron
January 26th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Who would you choose for role of Brienne (possible season 2)
http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/01/casting-season-two-brienne/

I'd choose either Katee Sackhoff or Gwendoline Christie of the ones suggested.

Katee surely has the acting skills for the part, but is a little to small.
Gwendoline would be perfect for Brienne lookswise, but I haven't seen her act yet.

VampyreWraith
January 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Gwendoline Christie looks like she'd make a really good Brienne(I've never seen her act either though).

The Mighty 6 platoon
January 26th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Who would you choose for role of Brienne (possible season 2)
http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/01/casting-season-two-brienne/

I'd choose either Katee Sackhoff or Gwendoline Christie of the ones suggested.

Katee surely has the acting skills for the part, but is a little to small.
Gwendoline would be perfect for Brienne lookswise, but I haven't seen her act yet.

Could Katee do a convincing accent though? Most of the cast is British and even those that aren't from the trailers seem to be doing very good accents. And while it's not set in Britain the story is essentially a fantasy retelling of the War of the Roses. In a medieval world it would be quite jarring to hear a modern American accent. She might be able to, I don't know, it's just I've never seen her in anything that required her to change her natural accent. If she could that would be great but it would have to be a good accent, from the previews the cast has done well, there's not a fake sounding, ultra posh accent in sight, it all sounds natural, which is of course key when you have Brits and non Brits alike, all with British accents cause then anything fake or bad sounding is very noticeable.

twaxer
January 27th, 2011, 06:13 AM

i really hope so! :) i also hope they keep all darkness and brutality. dont want an childerns version!

The Mighty 6 platoon
January 27th, 2011, 08:09 AM
i really hope so! :) i also hope they keep all darkness and brutality. dont want an childerns version!

You've never watched a HBO show before, have you?;)

HBO probably have created the 3 most violent shows in existence, The Wire, Deadwood and Boardwalk Empire, which have content stronger than most movies. What marks these shows out from others (and there are others like Spartacus on Starz which has buckets of blood) is not so much the blood and gore, though there's plenty of that, but often the shear brutality and realism of the violence.

The Wire is probably the least gory of the 3, there is blood, plenty of people get shot, we see the bloody effects of that, but it's no stronger than many other shows and movies. People being realistically shot with lots of blood in shows and movies is hardly rare today. But what marks it out is two things. One the suddenness of the violence, often characters are ambushed and killed with no warning, but two the show shows the effects of violence, and even violence being committed, on everyone. No group is safe, including kids. The Wire was a show with the balls to have a scene in which a 14 year old is graphically gunned down by his apparent best friends.

Deadwood and Boardwalk Empire are extremely gory, but it's not over the top, limbs cut off with gallons upon gallons of blood spilling out, rather it's realistic which makes it disturbing. There's a fine line with gore, too much and it becomes comedic, get it right and it can be horrifying, these shows get it right. In Deadwood a character gets his eye torn out of its socket during a street fight and then gets his skull smashed open with a wooden plank. In Boardwalk Empire we have someone get the top of their head blown off by a shotgun, the front of someone's face basically exploding onto the camera caused by the exit wound of a bullet and a women whose face is slashed to ribbons by a knife. Among other things. HBO are masters of nasty violence, it won't be all the time, but when it happens it will be damn unpleasant.

Andron
January 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
If you would like to learn the language of the Dothraki then you should visit this site http://www.dothraki.org/

A little more than 11 weeks till Game of Thrones will premiere :D

Oka
January 28th, 2011, 03:20 AM
The producers have already stated that the show would be rated "beyond R".

The Mighty 6 platoon
January 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM
The producers have already stated that the show would be rated "beyond R".

Yes we know. I posted a link to that article on the previous page.

I'd argue it's not really news. A faithful adaption of GRRM's novels on HBO, a channel already known for having shows with strong content is likely to push the envelope. Big expensive movies stay firmly pg13, I don't think you'll find a single movie with a $200 million+ budget that has an R rating. With HBO for Boardwalk Empire, a show which is estimated to have cost anywhere between $65 million to $100million for the season, and between $18million to $50million simply for the pilot, making it whatever the figures, one of the most expensive tv shows of all time, and the most expensive pilot episode ever, decided to have a scene in the pilot where man's face can best be described as explodes onto the camera after he's shot in the head. Happy days.
I'm sure it will be guts a plenty, plus

those icky incest scenes.

Fun for the whole family. :D

DigiFluid
January 30th, 2011, 08:38 AM
those icky incest scenes.

Fun for the whole family. :D
Must spread reps :lol:

The Mighty 6 platoon
January 30th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Must spread reps :lol:

:P
Now if only we could get some of the "I'm disgusted by the increased sex and violence on SGU" crew to watch the pilot, just for the apoplexy that would follow. :D

Andron
February 1st, 2011, 12:38 AM
There's a new behind-the-scenes video The Artisans: Maisie Williams, she plays Arya Stark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H126QxKzfnw

75 days!

twaxer
February 1st, 2011, 01:31 AM
You've never watched a HBO show before, have you?;)

HBO probably have created the 3 most violent shows in existence, The Wire, Deadwood and Boardwalk Empire, which have content stronger than most movies. What marks these shows out from others (and there are others like Spartacus on Starz which has buckets of blood) is not so much the blood and gore, though there's plenty of that, but often the shear brutality and realism of the violence.

The Wire is probably the least gory of the 3, there is blood, plenty of people get shot, we see the bloody effects of that, but it's no stronger than many other shows and movies. People being realistically shot with lots of blood in shows and movies is hardly rare today. But what marks it out is two things. One the suddenness of the violence, often characters are ambushed and killed with no warning, but two the show shows the effects of violence, and even violence being committed, on everyone. No group is safe, including kids. The Wire was a show with the balls to have a scene in which a 14 year old is graphically gunned down by his apparent best friends.

Deadwood and Boardwalk Empire are extremely gory, but it's not over the top, limbs cut off with gallons upon gallons of blood spilling out, rather it's realistic which makes it disturbing. There's a fine line with gore, too much and it becomes comedic, get it right and it can be horrifying, these shows get it right. In Deadwood a character gets his eye torn out of its socket during a street fight and then gets his skull smashed open with a wooden plank. In Boardwalk Empire we have someone get the top of their head blown off by a shotgun, the front of someone's face basically exploding onto the camera caused by the exit wound of a bullet and a women whose face is slashed to ribbons by a knife. Among other things. HBO are masters of nasty violence, it won't be all the time, but when it happens it will be damn unpleasant.

thats sounds promising.. :) yaay for HBO... hope they dont leave anything for your imagination!! :)

The Mighty 6 platoon
February 1st, 2011, 09:04 AM
There's a new behind-the-scenes video The Artisans: Maisie Williams, she plays Arya Stark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H126QxKzfnw

75 days!

Just 13 and she has such a grasp on her character. Anyway I've done some digging and have found various interviews on youtube with the executive producers and actors on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fBTxZLhRQ0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0KTbroHZ4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDT-c0wDM-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzvUslT-wco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4elml_5Udw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b1Nzyc0viU&feature=related

Andron
February 1st, 2011, 10:49 AM
Interesting interviews, thank you :D

Here's another interview with Maisie http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/news/Maisie-starring-role-Sean-Bean/article-3147158-detail/article.html

Also got some casting news:
- Lord Bracken is played by Gerry O’Brien http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0639569/
- Lord Galbert Glover is played by Mark Coney http://www.starnow.co.uk/markconey
- “Older Knight of the Vale” (probably Lord Nestor Royce) is played by Barrington Cullen http://www.compton.ie/models/actors/CVS/cvboys/Barrington%20Cullen%20CV.pdf

Don't know any of the three actors.

Still 75 days ;)

The Mighty 6 platoon
February 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
Interesting fact about Maisie Williams, she learned to fight left handed with a sword as her character does in the book. Now apparently the producers, while wanting to have a close adaption, but weren’t that pedantic and weren’t going to insist the actress use her left hand, thought they had lucked out when it came to finding a left handed actress.

But no she’s right handed, but decided herself that in order to stay true to the character that she had to fight left handed. It’s that sort of thing that makes me so excited for this, the everyone involved, the actors, producers, writers and many others all care about getting this right, about getting every detail just perfect, and every actor talks with such enthusiasm about the characters and the story, you can tell each of them has taken the time to read the books and get to know the world.

DigiFluid
February 2nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
I want to watch all of those videos but I'm deathly afraid of spoilers :S

The Mighty 6 platoon
February 2nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
I want to watch all of those videos but I'm deathly afraid of spoilers :S

Very minor, mostly about the setup of the world as it were as far as I remember. (Don't hold me to it though if you watch it and get horribly spoiled :P)

Andron
February 3rd, 2011, 04:44 AM
The production has switched the composer. No longer will Academy Award-winning Stephen Warbeck be scoring the series, they have brought onboard Ramin Djawadi as his replacement.
Go here to read more about the change http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/02/thrones-switches-composers/

Sad news, Margaret John who played Old Nan has died. http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/02/margaret-john/

The Mighty 6 platoon
February 11th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Some more artisan video's have appeared. Apologies if any have surfaced before, but I think they're new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5XzF0g7KX4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IThzT0MtzbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXQFo4X7uKs

Also a couple of weeks ago Sky Atlantic started and they had a big preview show. There was a bit on Game of Thrones and that has now apperead on youtube. No I have no idea why there are russin subtitles. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaITzVbx754

Andron
February 12th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Makinggameofthrones.com posted the Official Pronunciation Guide for 'Game of Thrones'

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/2/11/official-pronunciation-guide-for-game-of-thrones.html

Andron
February 14th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Here's a new video with some new shots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjeQcTkub8w

62 days!

Angela V
February 16th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I keep seeing promos during Spartacus:Gods of the Arena. Looking good! Now if my hubby can found his books I can read them! They are still packed somewhere.

The Mighty 6 platoon
February 16th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Now this is interesting. A video game adaption, Game of Thrones Genesis has been announced.

Here are a couple of screen shots.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/11/feb/thing.jpg
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/11/feb/thrones.jpg

It's a strategy game, a prequel chronicling the events leading up to the books and the series. Apparently GRRM has been advising on development. More info at the link.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/16/a-game-of-thrones-genesis-screenshots/

gotthammer
February 17th, 2011, 08:58 AM
the article in question: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/16/a-game-of-thrones-genesis-screenshots/

re: game set in the GoT universe
Ooh. Dragon. Aegon the Conqueror's time and more, eh? Interesting. I hope it'll have 'alternate endings' (such as winning w/ the Ironborn's predecessors...the original rulers of Westeros were the ancestors of the Greyjoy, right? Like Harren the Black? I'm fuzzy about it...haven't read the stuff in a while) and offer a fair amount of flexibility in regard to strategy.

The Mighty 6 platoon
February 17th, 2011, 09:09 AM
the article in question: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/16/a-game-of-thrones-genesis-screenshots/

re: game set in the GoT universe
Ooh. Dragon. Aegon the Conqueror's time and more, eh? Interesting. I hope it'll have 'alternate endings' (such as winning w/ the Ironborn's predecessors...the original rulers of Westeros were the ancestors of the Greyjoy, right? Like Harren the Black? I'm fuzzy about it...haven't read the stuff in a while) and offer a fair amount of flexibility in regard to strategy.

Oops I buggered up and stuck a link to a screenshot didn't I? Cheers for posting the correct link. :D

As for the game, it looks interesting, and the fact GRRM is properly involved gives me hopes for it.

gotthammer
February 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM
As for the game, it looks interesting, and the fact GRRM is properly involved gives me hopes for it.

Yeah. It does look interesting. I wonder, tho', if those are the scale of actual units, or just representations (i.e., one unit showing 20 - 30 soldiers actually representing a unit 5 - 10 times that). Then again, it's hard to glean much from a few pics. :D

A funny thing: in almost any place where you can post a comment, whether it's for the mini-series, or this game, there will almost always be someone 'showing concern' for the finishing of the next installment of the novels. :D
(there's also the occasional blunt/mean comment along the lines of people hoping GRRM doesn't "pull a Jordan"...)

Andron
February 17th, 2011, 03:28 PM
The game really does look interesting, especially cause the single player campaign written under supervision of the author GRRM. :cool: Would be great if there is a possibility for an alternate outcome.

Here you'll find much more information about the game
http://www.westeros.org/ASoWS/News/Entry/Game_of_Thrones_Genesis_Screenshots/

A funny thing: in almost any place where you can post a comment, whether it's for the mini-series, or this game, there will almost always be someone 'showing concern' for the finishing of the next installment of the novels. :D
(there's also the occasional blunt/mean comment along the lines of people hoping GRRM doesn't "pull a Jordan"...)

There always will be until A Dance With Dragons will finally be released. Still hoping for any time this year ;)

The Mighty 6 platoon
February 18th, 2011, 02:21 AM
The game really does look interesting, especially cause the single player campaign written under supervision of the author GRRM. :cool: Would be great if there is a possibility for an alternate outcome.

Here you'll find much more information about the game
http://www.westeros.org/ASoWS/News/Entry/Game_of_Thrones_Genesis_Screenshots/

It should be noted from that info there are in fact two games in development, the strategy game we've seen, but also an RPG.

Andron
February 18th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Who would you choose for role of Melisandre (possible season 2)?

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/02/casting-season-two-melisandre/

My first choice would be Christina Hendricks. She certainly got the look (voluptuousness and the hair colour) and for sure the acting abillity (Firefly and Mad Men) for the role.

Tricia Helfer would also be a good choice for Malisandre. She loves the books and had auditioned for the show before (for the role of Cersei).

gotthammer
February 18th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Who would you choose for role of Melisandre (possible season 2)?

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/02/casting-season-two-melisandre/

Ooh. Monica Bellucci. Her. :D

Andron
February 20th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Ooh. Monica Bellucci. Her. :D

She certainly has some favourable attributes ;)

There's a new behind-the-scenes video An Invitation to Westeros which is 3:30 long video and gives us clips from new interviews with Benioff, Weiss, Martin and others, interspersed with some brand-new footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLKVJr7QHjM

56 days!

Andron
February 22nd, 2011, 03:01 AM
Here you can look at some (spoilerific ;) ) screengrabs from the latest behind-the-scenes feature An Invitation of Westeros

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Gallery/Category/C55/P270/

54 days!

The Mighty 6 platoon
February 22nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
So there’s been some murmuring around the internet that some people are concerned that the epic battles from the books will not be able to be shown onscreen due to the budget. Well I’ve being doing some research on the budget, with the help of this article.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Features/Entry/A_Budget_to_be_Reckoned_With/

Now the budget per season is supposed to be around £30 million, which is around $50 million dollars. That’s already large for a tv show, 5 million an episode. For comparison, SGU filled with CGI and spending lots of money on building sets for the Destiny, was around $2 to $3 million an ep. A Game of Thrones is nearly twice that. Further it’s being filmed in both Northern Ireland and Malta, two countries that give significant tax breaks to film and tv productions. What you can get for $50 million in Northern Ireland is a hell of a lot more than what you can get for it in the States. Factor in cheaper filming costs, the fact that they got the massive studio at Paint Hall for free, huge tax breaks and were even given extra funding by local government and the budget is then much higher. By my estimates that factor in stuff like Malta and its tax breaks (something that the above article doesn’t do) you’re looking at a budget that in the States would have to be between $70 and $80 million to film. $8 million an ep would be a very expensive series, only really matched by stuff like Rome, a show that was notoriously expensive due to its shooting location in Italy, as well as going over budget and then having part of the set burn down.

But back to my point what sort of epic scenes will you get on that budget. Well if done well, a hell of a lot of epicness. Rome, managed to fit in a massive battle and make it look good with the Battle of Philippi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQ_6cVXTQk

That was filmed back in 2004-2005. A few years later and CGI keeps advancing, you can now show large armies of men clashing, while looking realistic and costing much less. For a comparison of what you can get today, here’s part of a battle from the Tudors, a show that is filmed in the Republic of Ireland (whose tax breaks are around the same as in Northern Ireland).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEh0pj3Umqs&feature=related

That’s a pretty good scene imo, and it’s not just those 5 minutes, an entire episode is centre around the Siege of Boulogne and the fighting that takes place. The Tudors has a budget of between $30 to $35 million, so rather less than the $50 million or so Game of Thrones is set to have. All told then I think that no one should have any fears that this will be anything less than an epic adaption of the books. Preview images like this appearing seem to really reinforce that.

*Spoilered for size*
http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Graphics/Gallery/Previews/GameOfThrones_Promo02_Screencap_52.jpg

The Mighty 6 platoon
February 28th, 2011, 10:49 AM
New trailer out. Some old stuff but also new footage and I must say it's an impressive trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWIyCUHrESk

Andron
February 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM
There's a great new site http://www.themaesterspath.com/ on which you can forge your own maester's chain.

Once you solve the first puzzle you get a great new sneak preview of a scene as a reward ("Stick'em with the pointy end.") :D

More challenges will follow in the coming weeks.

The Mighty 6 platoon
February 28th, 2011, 03:35 PM
There's a great new site http://www.themaesterspath.com/ on which you can forge your own maester's chain.

Once you solve the first puzzle you get a great new sneak preview of a scene as a reward ("Stick'em with the pointy end.") :D

More challenges will follow in the coming weeks.

Or you can cheat and find the sneak peak on youtube as I did. :P

Very good scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDtsYjNV0eI

Crazy Tom
February 28th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I have to say, really digging the throne flashes. This is one pilot I'll definitely be looking out for.

Andron
March 3rd, 2011, 05:20 AM
Best news since Game of Thrones got picked up by HBO, A Dance with Dragons will finally be released on July 12! :D :D

Here you'll a little more info about the release including the cover art
http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/03/a-dance-with-dragons-to-release-july-12th/

And here's the confirmation by George R.R. Martin
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

45 days till the premier of Game of Thrones

VampyreWraith
March 3rd, 2011, 05:51 AM
YAY, been waiting forever for that book. I need to go back and, at least, read the first 3 again (and probably read A Feast for Crows too) before I read A Dance With Dragons, since its been so long. I think I was still in high school when I first read a Game of Thrones; I might have read it again once after that though, but it's still been too long.

VampyreWraith
March 3rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
Or you can cheat and find the sneak peak on youtube as I did. :P

Very good scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDtsYjNV0eI

That scene is great. :D Arya and Jon are pretty much my favorite characters in the series.

*sorry for the double post, I need to start paying attention to what I'm doing, read things the right way and actually click multiquote. :)

magictrick
March 3rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
Finally!

I've been waiting for that release forever. I also need to at least skim through the previous books because its been a while. I've probably forgotten smaller but important details and if I don't read them again I'll be lost.

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 3rd, 2011, 08:24 AM
Best news since Game of Thrones got picked up by HBO, A Dance with Dragons will finally be released on July 12! :D :D

Here you'll a little more info about the release including the cover art
http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/03/a-dance-with-dragons-to-release-july-12th/

And here's the confirmation by George R.R. Martin
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

45 days till the premier of Game of Thrones
http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0045.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

Andron
March 3rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0045.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

That was also my reaction when I read the news :D

Got a new trailer ih which you can see the Wall! (length 2:20min)
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/03/game-of-thrones-new-trailer/

As well as a new behind-the-scenes video The Artisans: Paul Inglis. He is the concept designer of the art department
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT5_cj3LEAI

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 4th, 2011, 04:53 AM
That was also my reaction when I read the news :D

Got a new trailer ih which you can see the Wall! (length 2:20min)
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/03/game-of-thrones-new-trailer/

As well as a new behind-the-scenes video The Artisans: Paul Inglis. He is the concept designer of the art department
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT5_cj3LEAI

Here's a youtube version of that trailer that is much better quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpJYNVhGf1s

So very excited now. :D

mirishka
March 4th, 2011, 05:10 AM
ive just recently discovered via Andron this thread was here, is it ok for me to join?

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/drogotender.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/167055_121963604539658_100001780587833_141751_6140047_n.jpg

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 4th, 2011, 09:00 AM
ive just recently discovered via Andron this thread was here, is it ok for me to join?

No get out. Can't have new fans in this thread. :P

Of course you can really, the more the merrier. :D

Andron
March 4th, 2011, 05:01 PM
There will be a 15 minutes preview of the first episode on HBO on April 3rd

Here's some more info about it http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/03/hbo-to-air-sneak-peek-of-game-of-thrones-premiere-on-april-3rd/

Welcome to the tread mirishka :D

mirishka
March 7th, 2011, 06:57 AM
There will be a 15 minutes preview of the first episode on HBO on April 3rd

Here's some more info about it http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/03/hbo-to-air-sneak-peek-of-game-of-thrones-premiere-on-april-3rd/

Welcome to the tread mirishka :D

did anyone see the sneaky peak??/

i have some caps from the westeros site.

cant wait to see this..

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/GameOfThrones_Trailer01_Screencap_47.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/GameOfThrones_Trailer01_Screencap_45.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/GameOfThrones_Trailer01_Screencap_461.jpg

TheRandomOne
March 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
New 2 minute trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WGGhn1T1rA

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 8th, 2011, 04:43 AM
New 2 minute trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WGGhn1T1rA

That's not new, it's the same trailer Andron posted 5 days ago.

Andron
March 8th, 2011, 11:20 AM
The second challenge of the maester's path is up on the site
http://www.themaesterspath.com/#/paths

The reward is yet another scene :)

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 8th, 2011, 11:40 AM
The second challenge of the maester's path is up on the site
http://www.themaesterspath.com/#/paths

The reward is yet another scene :)

And 5 minutes later it's up on youtube. And a bloody funny scene it is too I think. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvNi6kZuii4

mr_kennedy
March 9th, 2011, 01:11 PM
This show looks great, nice replacement for Legend of the Seeker

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 9th, 2011, 03:03 PM
This show looks great, nice replacement for Legend of the Seeker

Yeah it's going to be a bit different to that show.

mr_kennedy
March 9th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah it's going to be a bit different to that show.

Obviously

VampyreWraith
March 9th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Only a little over 1 month to go, yay! I wonder if I'll end up liking and disliking the same characters in the tv series as the books. Sometimes a certain actor or actress' portrayl of a character can change the way I feel about them. I'm not sure I was supposed to hate certain characters as much as I eventually came to hate them.

Replicator Todd
March 10th, 2011, 03:54 PM
This show looks pretty good! I only hope it isn't filled with the pointless nudity that many HBO shows seem to have. :mckay:

Ukko
March 10th, 2011, 05:32 PM
This show looks pretty good! I only hope it isn't filled with the pointless nudity that many HBO shows seem to have. :mckay:

Prude:p

magictrick
March 10th, 2011, 06:17 PM

Such a thing does not exist :P

AnnieS
March 10th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Sweet. Would defenitly watch this.

Replicator Todd
March 10th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Prude:p

:o Be quiet! :P

Such a thing does not exist :P

Oh brother I figured somebody would say that! ;)

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 11th, 2011, 02:07 AM

Nudity is never pointless. :P

Secondly it's a faithful adaptation of the books, which had tons of sex scenes, several of which are actually important on to the plot. The series is described as "beyond R Rated." If you think the show is going to be without copious amounts of graphic violence, sex, nudity and other adult content, then think again. This is HBO, they make tv for adults, the entire reason the producers and GRRM sought to have the show done on HBO was so the adult content, which is integral to the setting and the plot, isn't ripped out.

Replicator Todd
March 11th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Nudity is never pointless. :P

Secondly it's a faithful adaptation of the books, which had tons of sex scenes, several of which are actually important on to the plot. The series is described as "beyond R Rated." If you think the show is going to be without copious amounts of graphic violence, sex, nudity and other adult content, then think again. This is HBO, they make tv for adults, the entire reason the producers and GRRM sought to have the show done on HBO was so the adult content, which is integral to the setting and the plot, isn't ripped out.

I'm going to be honest, I'm not a fan of nudity and sex scenes in movies and TV shows. Its embarrassing to admit. But saying that I do plan on watching this series. Although I do not have HBO. But sometimes I feel HBO shoves nudity into their show just because its on HBO. I find True Blood to be ridiculous in the amount of nudity it has, I have read the majority of the books that series is based on and there wasn't that much nudity as the series shows.

Yes I know I'm a big baby. :p

mirishka
March 11th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I'm going to be honest, I'm not a fan of nudity and sex scenes in movies and TV shows. Its embarrassing to admit. But saying that I do plan on watching this series. Although I do not have HBO. But sometimes I feel HBO shoves nudity into their show just because its on HBO. I find True Blood to be ridiculous in the amount of nudity it has, I have read the majority of the books that series is based on and there wasn't that much nudity as the series shows.

i'm going to be honest and say i dont mind sex and nudity - especially in this case cause im going to get to see jason's naked backside. sorry, i know... im an english trollop... what can i say....

magictrick
March 11th, 2011, 10:25 AM

True Blood has a lot, but it pales in comparison to Californication and Spartacus.

As for this series, it will definitely be occurring almost every episode based on the action in the book.

Andron
March 14th, 2011, 11:30 AM
There's a new featurette about the Stark family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4sTrjgDacI

34 days!

Andron
March 14th, 2011, 12:57 PM
You can now earn the third link for your maester's chain by taking the black :)

http://www.themaesterspath.com/

Great reward as always :cool:

And another great trailer for GoT called Fire and Blood The best one yet! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PxLidxnAE8

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 14th, 2011, 01:47 PM

Yes well this might not be the best series to watch if your squeamish about sex scenes. Several are likely to be unpleasant, to say the least. As will be the violence. The Song of Fire and Ice books are the series, that in one book, gives a detailed description of a character crapping themselves when they die.

You can now earn the third link for your maester's chain by taking the black :)

http://www.themaesterspath.com/

Great reward as always :cool:

As always it's up on youtube 5 minutes later. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2uLA3E294g

magictrick
March 14th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Yes well this might not be the best series to watch if your squeamish about sex scenes. Several are likely to be unpleasant, to say the least. As will be the violence. The Song of Fire and Ice books are the series, that in one book, gives a detailed description of a character crapping themselves when they die.

That's a very PG way of putting it, well done

Great videos btw, keep em coming.

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 15th, 2011, 01:39 PM
That's a very PG way of putting it, well done

Great videos btw, keep em coming.

Well I could be more blunt, but it would spoil the total shock for some people. :P

Andron
March 15th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Picture of Jon on the Wall
http://i.cdn.hbo.com/assets/images/homepage/2011/march/series/game-of-thrones/031411-ep03-jon-wall-1280.jpg

A little more than a month till the premiere, 33 days...

Andron
March 16th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Got lots of new videos for you :D

House Baratheon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9dqgWX66fY
House Targaryen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZlCSUUquFw

Eddard Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW7Xk82dU14
Catelyn Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSD03i6rKj4
Sansa Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJjq78HZOM
Arya Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NGAf6DnDWo
Bran Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7hDTyE8le0
Jon Snow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIU9UCpkMps

King Robert Baratheon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P7nqrlooOQ
Queen Cersei Lannister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycDo-VBZzWI
Tyrion Lannister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ois_9HGsfkU

Viserys Targaryen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMtS-fm0JGs
Daenerys Targaryen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6UITpdLt-s
Khal Drogo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpWaMDh-QN4

32 days :D

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 16th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Got lots of new videos for you :D

House Baratheon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9dqgWX66fY
House Targaryen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZlCSUUquFw

Eddard Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW7Xk82dU14
Catelyn Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSD03i6rKj4
Sansa Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJjq78HZOM
Arya Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NGAf6DnDWo
Bran Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7hDTyE8le0
Jon Snow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIU9UCpkMps

King Robert Baratheon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P7nqrlooOQ
Queen Cersei Lannister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycDo-VBZzWI
Tyrion Lannister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ois_9HGsfkU

Viserys Targaryen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMtS-fm0JGs
Daenerys Targaryen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6UITpdLt-s
Khal Drogo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpWaMDh-QN4

32 days :D

Damn. Time to get busy watching those vids. :)

Ukko
March 16th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Jason Momoa, biggist pimp:p

mirishka
March 16th, 2011, 10:28 AM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/DROGOSPEAKS6.jpg

fantastic! that was the best clip yet!! been waiting for that!

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/DROGOSPEAKS4.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/DROGOSPEAKS7.jpg

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 16th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Jason Momoa, biggist pimp:p

I think Tyrion could give him a run for his money.

"Close the door" :P

Andron
March 17th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Got some more videos... :D

Jamie Lannister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OowwxIQiJpg&feature=player_embedded

Game of Thrones Craft: Set, Costumes, Hair, and Makeup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d91UPMvYZU

Game of Thrones Craft: Stunt Coordination
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb03X8BOn_s

Game of Thrones Craft: Weapons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM_7ccvNcys

31 days...

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 17th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Got some more videos... :D

Jamie Lannister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OowwxIQiJpg&feature=player_embedded

Game of Thrones Craft: Set, Costumes, Hair, and Makeup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d91UPMvYZU

Game of Thrones Craft: Stunt Coordination
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb03X8BOn_s

Game of Thrones Craft: Weapons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM_7ccvNcys

31 days...

Cool. They really are emphasising the gore in the stunt video, guts falling out, faces getting bashed in, fun stuff. :P

Andron
March 17th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Cool. They really are emphasising the gore in the stunt video, guts falling out, faces getting bashed in, fun stuff. :P

They really do. Can't wait for it :D

Even more videos coming your way...

Robb Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Icdz0xN5s

Extended version of House Targaryen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4dqsoTsIYA
Extended verson of House Lannister and Baratheon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJm1Wicp4Dw

Game of Thrones: On Location http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85-g1yKRX6o

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 17th, 2011, 06:27 AM
They really do. Can't wait for it :D

Even more videos coming your way...

Robb Stark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Icdz0xN5s

Extended version of House Targaryen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4dqsoTsIYA
Extended verson of House Lannister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJm1Wicp4Dw

Game of Thrones: On Location http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85-g1yKRX6o

Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister. So much win. :D

So much Game of Thrones excellence, it keeps me going till April, I demand...
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/Korbinator/moar.jpg
:P

Andron
March 17th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I can offer you 5 very high resolution posters of Ned, Dany, Robert, Cersei and Jon

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/3/17/high-resolution-game-of-thrones-character-posters.html

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 17th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I can offer you 5 very high resolution posters of Ned, Dany, Robert, Cersei and Jon

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/3/17/high-resolution-game-of-thrones-character-posters.html

Andron, if I could, I would green you every day. Thank you for the constant supply of Game of Thrones goodness. :D

Andron
March 17th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Andron, if I could, I would green you every day. Thank you for the constant supply of Game of Thrones goodness. :D

You're very welcome :D

Got the episode titles of the first two episodes.

1.01 Winter Is Coming
1.02 The Kingsroad

Here you'll also find the synopses of these episodes
http://winter-is-coming.net/features/episode-guide/

Ukko
March 17th, 2011, 01:05 PM
You're very welcome :D

Got the episode titles of the first two episodes.

1.01 Winter Is Coming
1.02 The Kingsroad

Here you'll also find the synopses of these episodes
http://winter-is-coming.net/features/episode-guide/

1.08. The Pointy End. :D

Ukko
March 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Just saw GoT trailer as part of a gag on 10 O'Clock live:p

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 17th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Just saw GoT trailer as part of a gag on 10 O'Clock live:p

Did they take the piss or what? Because I don't think Channel 4 is in any position to criticise any other channel over their programs, considering some of the crap they put out. :D

Ukko
March 17th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Did they take the piss or what? Because I don't think Channel 4 is in any position to criticise any other channel over their programs, considering some of the crap they put out. :D

No, it was taking the piss out of the way sky segwayed between footage of the Japan disaster into "A Shawn Bean Fantasy Epic" :D

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 17th, 2011, 03:41 PM
No, it was taking the piss out of the way sky segwayed between footage of the Japan disaster into "A Shawn Bean Fantasy Epic" :D

Ah. Well they're both dark stories. :D Probably a little tastless though.

Ukko
March 19th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Its here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_WN_5o-KZo&has_verified=1) if you wanna see it. There are 3 short adds before you can watch the video. Skip to 6:30 for the clip. Its short and i dont think its anything we havent seen before, but hey, its airtime on a different channel watched by millions:D

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 19th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Its here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_WN_5o-KZo&has_verified=1) if you wanna see it. There are 3 short adds before you can watch the video. Skip to 6:30 for the clip. Its short and i dont think its anything we havent seen before, but hey, its airtime on a different channel watched by millions:D
Thanks for the link, I was hoping to watch that ep of 10 O’clock Night Live anyway.

Good piece, glad to see the show get some extra publicity without them bashing it, and they were right about Sky News being over dramatic.:p

Andron
March 20th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Episode 3 got a title, Lord Snow :cool:

28 days!

Ukko
March 21st, 2011, 09:51 AM
Another video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_dm82qDti4). I think there is some new stuff in there. Stuff i havent seen anyway:p

Andron
March 21st, 2011, 02:52 PM
Another video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_dm82qDti4). I think there is some new stuff in there. Stuff i havent seen anyway:p

Thank you for the video. Yes, there were some new shots in there.

You can now forge the link in your maester's chain
http://www.themaesterspath.com

Great reward as always :D

Andron
March 22nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Would anybody of you like to be an novice of mine on the Maester's Path?
Then sign up here http://itsh.bo/fWK2jx :D

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 23rd, 2011, 05:39 AM
New trailer, it's mostly old stuff, but there is some new footage, and it's very good, gives a good sense of how epic the series should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tod9DorIASQ

Also saw this awesome youtube comment today.
"when you play the Game of Thrones you win or you die. When you watch the Game of Trhones, you win" :D

magictrick
March 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
With all the content in this thread it feels like I've watched a couple of episodes worth already.

Andron
March 23rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
With all the content in this thread it feels like I've watched a couple of episodes worth already.

It almost feels like it ;)

Got some hi-res pictures of Westeros for you http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/03/mgot-update-hi-res-stills-of-westeros-landscapes/

25 days!

Ukko
March 23rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
25 Days is tooooo long:(

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 23rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
25 Days is tooooo long:(

So close, so sodding close.

Andron
March 24th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Got two new videos for you :)

Profile video of Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fAOOJpaKaU&feature=player_embedded

Game of Thrones Artisans: The Props: Gordon Fitzgerald
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQQX1Mb77s

24 days...

AnnieS
March 24th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Just bought the first book in the series this program is based on. Will start reading just after I finish Red Riding Hood (not to long now, I am plowing through pretty quick). Plan on reading the whole series (there are 4 books total).

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 24th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Got two new videos for you :)

Profile video of Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fAOOJpaKaU&feature=player_embedded

Ahh perfect casting in Aiden Gillen, cause he's basically playing Tommy Carcetti again :P

VampyreWraith
March 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I get more and more excited about this series with every new trailer and pic I see posted here. :D

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 25th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Even more new videos.

Costume one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUKa0CO2rU

and the Direwolf scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgmgc0Lxp-M&feature=channel_video_title

Be advised the videos are both pretty poor quality, someone has just recorded them off a tv, and the Direwolf video is spoilery, since it's a full scene from the pilot ep.

mirishka
March 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/th_tumblr_likknsMmuL1qhu9p7o1_500.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/?action=view&current=tumblr_likknsMmuL1qhu9p7o1_500.jpg)

Andron
March 26th, 2011, 06:38 AM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/th_tumblr_likknsMmuL1qhu9p7o1_500.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/?action=view&current=tumblr_likknsMmuL1qhu9p7o1_500.jpg)

And another picture of the Khal http://i.cdn.hbo.com/assets/images/homepage/2011/april/series/game-of-thrones/040111-ep01-khal-drogo-daenerys-1280.jpg

Andron
March 27th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Got the title of the 4th episode: Cripples, *******s and Broken Things

A new picture of King Robert http://i.cdn.hbo.com/assets/images/homepage/2011/march/series/game-of-thrones/033011-ep06-king-robert-1024.jpg

mirishka
March 27th, 2011, 08:43 AM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/drogodanitumble.jpg

mirishka
March 27th, 2011, 08:46 AM
And another picture of the Khal http://i.cdn.hbo.com/assets/images/homepage/2011/april/series/game-of-thrones/040111-ep01-khal-drogo-daenerys-1280.jpg

Andron!! that link that you posted with the next picture (drogo and dani), is that where its from?? is it anything to do with the game? or the trail?
and could you let me have the link to get the rest please?

maxbo
March 27th, 2011, 12:43 PM
At first, I only wanted to see this because of Jason Momoa, then also because of Sean Bean and Lena Headey. Now, after seeing these videos, I'm looking forward to the series because it looks like it's going to be incredible.

Less than a month to go. :)

VampyreWraith
March 27th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Even more new videos.

Costume one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUKa0CO2rU

and the Direwolf scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgmgc0Lxp-M&feature=channel_video_title

Be advised the videos are both pretty poor quality, someone has just recorded them off a tv, and the Direwolf video is spoilery, since it's a full scene from the pilot ep.

I love the direwolf scene. I'm really happy with what I've seen in the trailers/videos of the actor who plays Jon. He's my favorite character in the series and I think the actor fits the part well.
All the casting seems really good. I'm probably going to end up feeling bad(worse than when I read it) when certain things happen.

mirishka
March 28th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I love the direwolf scene. I'm really happy with what I've seen in the trailers/videos of the actor who plays Jon. He's my favorite character in the series and I think the actor fits the part well.
All the casting seems really good. I'm probably going to end up feeling bad(worse than when I read it) when certain things happen.

ive just posted that HBO will be releasing those clips on the 4th april....how come they did them now?? woohooofantastic, thank you for posting the links.... i would have missed them.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/latestdrogo1.jpg

mirishka
March 28th, 2011, 09:03 AM
sorry for the double post...ive just found this. you have probably seen it...its emilia clarke interview that was onsky atlantis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjeQcTkub8w

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 28th, 2011, 01:28 PM
More news on the Game of Thrones video games. The RPG which was hinted at has been properly annouced, info from a couple of sites.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/25/report-cyanide-also-working-on-game-of-thrones-rpg/
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://factornews.com/news-31130-Le_Trone_de_Fer_-_le_RPG_se_devoile_en_e.html&ei=IvyQTZOUMJC5hAeM9MGODw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBsQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://factornews.com/news-31130-Le_Trone_de_Fer_-_le_RPG_se_devoile_en_e.html%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D619%26prmd% 3Divns

With GRRM picking up the pace with the books, the series about to come out that should go on for a good few years and these new games, it seems it's a great time to be a Song of Fire and Ice fan. :D

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 29th, 2011, 04:51 AM
The Maesters path recently relased a new scene as a reward and now it's up on Youtube. :D

Here King Robert Baratheon and Lord Eddard Stark, discuss, among other things, tits. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViqrGVsY2HM

mirishka
March 30th, 2011, 06:17 AM
http://winter-is-coming.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/gameofthrones60.jpg

Drogo is amazing. i cannot wait to get my fix from this show.

Andron
March 30th, 2011, 06:41 AM
http://winter-is-coming.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/gameofthrones60.jpg

Drogo is amazing. i cannot wait to get my fix from this show.

...and here are the rest of those great pictures :D
http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/03/more-pics/

I got also another video for you all :)

Game Of Thrones: Costumes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_iFAjvYFo4&feature=player_embedded

mirishka
March 30th, 2011, 11:22 AM
had to spoiler it for size.

[/QUOTE]http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/behindthescenes.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/th_costumedrogo8.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/?action=view&current=costumedrogo8.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/th_costumedrogo3.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/?action=view&current=costumedrogo3.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/th_gameofthrones60.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/?action=view&current=gameofthrones60.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/th_costumedrogo4.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/?action=view&current=costumedrogo4.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/th_costumedrogo5.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/?action=view&current=costumedrogo5.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/th_costumedrogo7.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/?action=view&current=costumedrogo7.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/th_costumedrogo8.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/?action=view&current=costumedrogo8.jpg)

Andron, please check your pm.

Andron
March 31st, 2011, 02:33 AM
You can now get wallpapers of the most prominent houses of Westeros.

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones#/game-of-thrones/inside/extras/download/house-wallpapers.html

17 days...

The Mighty 6 platoon
March 31st, 2011, 04:12 AM
More videos :P

This is on the other houses, a good introduction to some characters they haven't talked about yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmxRIgBtThk

And this is a bit on Ned Stark. I think there's a version of this already posted, buy this has some new footage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mvoYHvdw8c&feature=channel_video_title

mirishka
March 31st, 2011, 09:30 AM
You can now get wallpapers of the most prominent houses of Westeros.

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones#/game-of-thrones/inside/extras/download/house-wallpapers.html

17 days...

except!!! Drogo!! theres no bloomin Drogo wallie!!

i make my own.....*astards!

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/Shared%20Wallpapers/th_danidrogoacopy.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/Shared%20Wallpapers/?action=view&current=danidrogoacopy.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/Shared%20Wallpapers/th_daenerysdrogofixed.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/Shared%20Wallpapers/?action=view&current=daenerysdrogofixed.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/Shared%20Wallpapers/th_drogoanddani2.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/Shared%20Wallpapers/?action=view&current=drogoanddani2.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/Shared%20Wallpapers/th_gameofthrones2a.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/Shared%20Wallpapers/?action=view&current=gameofthrones2a.jpg)

Andron
March 31st, 2011, 01:13 PM
Some more pics http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20477636,00.html

and one especially for mirishka http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b233922_welcome_game_of_thrones_crazies_please.html?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396

mirishka
April 1st, 2011, 02:32 AM
Some more pics http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20477636,00.html

and one especially for mirishka http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b233922_welcome_game_of_thrones_crazies_please.html?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396

thank you!!!
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/36_12_22-1.gif

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 1st, 2011, 06:27 AM
More videos. Pretty poor quality but they are very interesting.

On the Night's Watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRwHgS741W8

Shooting Locations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9iqtfKD2jw&feature=channel_video_title

and the Drothraki language.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNepAyMPVhs&feature=channel_video_title

If I find better quality versions of these vids I'll post the links.

Also various reviews have begin trickling in, all have been very positive. Den of Geek has a very good review up.

Author George R.R. Martin's A Song Of Ice And Fire series of books contain a sprawling, complex mythology of warring dynasties set in an alternate medieval universe. It would take a steady hand and a healthy bank balance to give them the screen treatment they deserve, and HBO hasn't spared any expense in bringing its adaptation, Game Of Thrones, to our televisions. The horse and ermine budget alone must add up to seven figures. It's a visually sumptuous looking series, with superb, earthy sets augmented by the odd smattering of discrete CG.

The first episode introduces a dizzying array of plotlines, almost to the point where you wonder whether writer/creators David Benioff and Dan Weiss can keep all the fantastical plates spinning. There are all kinds of treasonous intrigues and clandestine affairs going on, and it's to both the credit of Game Of Throne's cast and director that the show remains a gripping watch, in spite of the amount of dialogue and backstory it has to impart.

Sean Bean heads up an exemplary, eclectic cast as Eddard Stark (his mateys call him Ned), the lord of the northern castle of Winterfell. As Game Of Thrones begins, Stark is asked by his old matey, King Robert, to become his left hand man, after his previous employee died in mysterious circumstances.

It later becomes apparent that sources close to the king are all plotting to overthrow his reign, while far away to the east, two factions are joining forces to make their own claim for the throne.

Game Of Thrones is gory, adult stuff, and appears to have been designed specifically to rile Daily Mail readers, with its foul-mouthed young princes and unapologetic nudity. The rather self-consciously sensationalistic moments don't always sit well with its grittier, more dramatic points, but then again, it would probably feel a little too po-faced without a few moments of crude levity.

Inevitably, there are some plot strands that are more interesting than others. I found myself less impressed with the growing union between the effete Targaryen dynasty and the barbarous Dothraki overseas than I was with the changing fortunes of Stark's family, but its writers are wise enough to keep the story riding along at a storming pace.

There are some superb characters too. Bean employs his stoic persona as well as ever, but my personal favourite is Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, a lecherous, vertically challenged prince whose acid wit is worthy of ex-Sex Pistol John Lydon.

Despicable scallywagy is also in plentiful supply, with several characters revealing themselves to be far from pleasant as the first episode wears on. There's a pleasing lack of sentimentality in Benioff and Weiss' script, in fact, and Game Of Thrones' characters are universally flawed, interesting people. Lord Stark's wenchising while away at war resulted in an illegitimate son, Jon Snow (Kit Harington), while Mark Addy's king is a greedy man of growing girth who's totally unaware of the duplicity of those around him.

While Game Of Thrones' male cast gets the most lines, there are nevertheless some great performances from Michelle Fairley as Catelyn Stark, while Lena Headey plays the part of Queen Cersei with the icy resolve of wench Macbeth. Emilia Clarke has less to do as the forlorn Daenerys Targaryen, who's stuck in a miserable union with Khal Drogo, the monosyllabic warlord of the Dothraki.

In fairness, it's hinted that Clarke will have a bigger part to play later on, and it's Jason Mamoa (who'll soon be bearing his muscles again as Conan the Barbarian) who walks away with the trophy of Game Of Thrones' flattest character. He's little more than a grunting, rutting animal in a loin cloth, bless him. Hopefully, the rest of the series will give his character more depth, too.

Viewed on its own two feet, though, this opening episode provides a confident, gripping entry point to what could have been a bewilderingly expansive saga. Game Of Thrones' canvas is enormous and continent spanning, but the superb cast keep the human element of the story front and centre.

Best of all, this opener manages something that many series debuts fail to achieve. It starts with a gripping, even frightening opening sequence, and concludes with a similar dramatic flash that left me clamouring to see the next episode.

If Game Of Thrones can continue along at a pace as brisk and exciting as this, then the series has a bright future ahead of it, which is more than can be said for some of its characters.
Originally posted here http://www.denofgeek.com/television/833989/game_of_thrones_episode_1_spoilerfree_review.html
I don't agree with their criticism of the Khal Drogo character, but his character develops more as things go on.

Andron
April 1st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Interesting videos, thank you!

So here's an updated list of the episode titles of season 1:

1.01 Winter is Coming
1.02 The Kingsroad
1.03 Lord Snow
1.04 Cripples, *******s, and Broken Things
1.05 The Wolf and The Lion
1.06 A Golden Crown
1.07 You Win or You Die
1.08 The Pointy End

the last titles haven't been announced yet (1.09, 1.10)

There are also some news interviews http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/five-new-interviews/

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 2nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
Yet another postive review :P

Actor Sean Bean leads David Benioff and D.B. Weiss' small-screen adaptation of George R.R. Martin's bestselling "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels.

Barely a few minutes into HBO’s epic Game of Thrones series, it’s clear that the hype was right and the wait was worth it.

Based on the bestselling fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin – often referred to as “the American Tolkien” – HBO is betting that fans of The Lord of the Rings will come to this for a sprawling, interwoven tale of feuding families, swords, sex, carnage, beasts, frayed loyalties, deception, intrigue and the pursuit of power.

As well they should. Game of Thrones has all the elements (many described above) that lure viewers to shows like The Sopranos, et al. That it’s a fantasy series shouldn’t scare anyone away, because – like Lord of the Rings – there’s a real allure to costume-dramas that pair dense mythology with all of the crowd-pleasing elements of war, honor, pride, lust, power and, yes, even humor. Thrones has all of those in spades and supports them with exceptional storytelling, strong writing, superb acting and some stunning visual effects.

Writers and executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will certainly have their hands full dealing with die-hard fans on what they got right or wrong (or left out or put in that may have not been in the books), but they have the backing of Martin, who worked closely with the duo, and that should count for a lot. Perhaps more important to those people who haven’t read the books or heard much about this series, Benioff and Weiss kick things off immediately – with action, blood-shed and eeriness. Director Tim Van Patten creates a beautiful, haunting, visual template of vast expanses (Northern Ireland, Malta), white snow and dark shadows while also allowing the visual effects to pack a wallop.

That kind of start to the 10-part series was essential because Game of Thrones is a complicated story with numerous characters and a dense, interwoven back-story. Though it demands attention, Thrones never once bogs down. It’s the kind of drama where, when the first episode ends, you wish the nine others were immediately available. And that validates HBO’s notion that television is the perfect medium for a fantasy series done right. Getting Martin’s Thrones, the gold-standard, could end up landing HBO its next franchise.

Thrones is set in the fictional land of Westeros, where various clans – or houses -- have lived and fought for generations in different realms, until the Targaryens invaded and united the Seven Kingdoms under the Iron Throne. Now, years later, there’s a battle for the throne.

Right from the start, Thrones starts telling as many as four stories, involving the House Stark, run by Lord Eddard Stark (Sean Bean, who will be familiar to Lord of the Rings” fans); House Baratheon, run by King Robert Baratheon (the wonderful Mark Addy), House Lannister, which is linked to House Baratheon because Queen Cersei Baratheon (Lena Headey) was born a Lannister; and the exiled House Targaryen, where Prince Viserys Targaryen III (Harry Lloyd) wants to reclaim the Iron Throne and all Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. To do that, he’ll need an army, which is why he wants his sister, Princess Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) to marry Khal Drogo (Jason Momoa), who leads a tribe of vicious warrior horsemen.

Got that?

It’s actually not as confusing as it may sound. And there are more than a few unexpected surprises and even humorous detours (mostly provided by Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister whose whoring and drinking knows no bounds). A great series should challenge viewers to pay attention, to connect dots and anticipate connections. Thrones manages a superior complexity without ever making you think that you’ve lost the connection to the story. It’s paced with precision and the carefully crafted assemblage of characters unspools at such a rate that you can keep up while keeping tabs on their ever changing moods.

What that means, essentially, is that there’s a tight grip on the storytelling and a real understanding of who each person is – traits that make the complexity easier to bear.

It’s difficult to single out the most accomplished parts of Thrones. The ambition is immense, the fantasy world exceptionally well-conceived, the writing and acting elevating the entire series beyond contemporaries like The Borgias and Camelot, and the visual appeal continues to surprise with each episode.

What we have here is the successful pairing of an acclaimed collection of fantasy books with a television series that illuminates and expands what’s on the page.

Worth the wait? Absolutely. And even if you have no idea what all the fuss is about, you should get in from the start absorb Martin’s fantastical tale.
Originally posted here
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/game-thrones-tv-review-174120

DigiFluid
April 2nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
April is gonna be a good month for TV :D

The Killing on AMC, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones and Treme season 2 on HBO, oh yay :D

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 3rd, 2011, 02:52 AM
There's some scans from an entertainment weekly article here, and a couple of cool promo shots of some of the characters.
http://www.imaginemeandyouthemovie.com/lena/lena_mags.html
Incidentally, I think we should consider getting the title of the thread changed, especially since it's no longer just a pilot, but a whole season of tv. :D

mirishka
April 3rd, 2011, 03:04 AM
There's some scans from an entertainment weekly article here, and a couple of cool promo shots of some of the characters.
http://www.imaginemeandyouthemovie.com/lena/lena_mags.html
Incidentally, I think we should consider getting the title of the thread changed, especially since it's no longer just a pilot, but a whole season of tv. :D

yes..thats a good idea....and thank you for posting those links to the magazine pics...ive been trying to get them for a couple of days...! i cant get that mag here in Bulgaria.

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 3rd, 2011, 03:12 AM
yes..thats a good idea.....

Right so how do we go that again? :P I'll probably have to ask the mods, they're the ones who can edit the thread titles usually.

mirishka
April 3rd, 2011, 03:39 AM
im not sure....but the Mod's must be able too?

one of my friends on FB says she's seen a drogo character vid and its 5 mins long.....anyone else seen it?? ive seen the short one...where he's a pimp! LOL

i know the dothraki language vid is going to be released for everyone by HBO tomorrow....theres 2 copies on youtube...stevethepirate reposted his and its much better but i cant get any caps from it, its from the podcast thingy.

Andron
April 3rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
im not sure....but the Mod's must be able too?

one of my friends on FB says she's seen a drogo character vid and its 5 mins long.....anyone else seen it?? ive seen the short one...where he's a pimp! LOL

i know the dothraki language vid is going to be released for everyone by HBO tomorrow....theres 2 copies on youtube...stevethepirate reposted his and its much better but i cant get any caps from it, its from the podcast thingy.

I hope those videos will be released soon on the official Game of Thrones YouTube channel.

Btw. tonight, HBO will air a preview of the first 15 minutes of the first episode! :)

mirishka
April 3rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
i did read on the HBO site they would be release on the 4th ....and that the podcast people got them earlier...so i have two things to look forward to tomorrow...cause im also looking forward to the 15 minute sneaky peak.

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 4th, 2011, 02:03 AM
15 Minute sneak peak online. IT IS BLOODY AWESOME!!!!!

Only problem, I'm probably going to be have nightmares about the Others (or "white walkers" as they call them in the series) for weeks. :P

See it here.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/

Here's a youtube link as the HBO video player is awful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZJpX4AdAM

Also I see someone managed to get the mods to change the thread title. I was going to ask them today, but it saves me the work. :D

Selene1212
April 4th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Interesting videos, thank you!

So here's an updated list of the episode titles of season 1:

1.01 Winter is Coming
1.02 The Kingsroad
1.03 Lord Snow
1.04 Cripples, *******s, and Broken Things
1.05 The Wolf and The Lion
1.06 A Golden Crown
1.07 You Win or You Die
1.08 The Pointy End

the last titles haven't been announced yet (1.09, 1.10)

There are also some news interviews http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/five-new-interviews/So, what's the edited one called? LOL

Ukko
April 4th, 2011, 06:26 AM
15 Minute sneak peak online. IT IS BLOODY AWESOME!!!!!

Only problem, I'm probably going to be have nightmares about the Others (or "white walkers" as they call them in the series) for weeks. :P

See it here.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/

Here's a youtube link as the HBO video player is awful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZJpX4AdAM

Also I see someone managed to get the mods to change the thread title. I was going to ask them today, but it saves me the work. :D

I asked them to change it in the ask the mods thread:D

Now its time for 15 minutes of awesome:cool:

DigiFluid
April 4th, 2011, 06:29 AM
The grammar of the new thread title infuriates my inner Grammar Nazi. Prepositions aren't supposed to be capitalized! :mad:

Ukko
April 4th, 2011, 06:47 AM
The grammar of the new thread title infuriates my inner Grammar Nazi. Prepositions aren't supposed to be capitalized! :mad:

Blah Blah Blah Blah!:p

First 15 minutse was awesome!:D Chopping heads!!

Game of Thrones > Sliced Bread.

mirishka
April 4th, 2011, 06:56 AM
cool...the title of the thread got changed...excellent....

just one cap from the dodgy dothraki vid..still waiting for the HBO one...

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/sandymirishka/gameofthrones/dothraki1.jpg

ive not seen the sneaky peak yet..must get it seen!

and nice to see you in here selene

DigiFluid
April 4th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I'm still avoiding any and all videos, staying strong! Less than two weeks left!

mirishka
April 4th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I'm still avoiding any and all videos, staying strong! Less than two weeks left!

respect! *bows down to your restraint!*

no way i could have not seen any vids.

Bagpuss
April 4th, 2011, 07:02 AM
You must have absolutely loved that grammatical error being repeated in dozens of the spoilers and news articles for Game of Thrones,that I've been catching up on then.;)

Just for you ,the title's been tweaked again.:D

DigiFluid
April 4th, 2011, 07:06 AM
You must have absolutely loved that grammatical error being repeated in dozens of the spoilers and news articles for Game of Thrones,that I've been catching up on then.;)

Just for you ,the title's been tweaked again.:D

Have I professed my undying love for you lately? :D

Bagpuss
April 4th, 2011, 07:11 AM
*Purrs* You just did.:D

I'm dying to see if this show's going to be as good as the trailers over here suggest.

*Dives back into the spoilers*
I blame Ukko.
He shouldn't have made me weaken and come in here to catch up...

DigiFluid
April 4th, 2011, 07:13 AM
I blame Ukko.
An excellent approach to life in general :D

Ukko
April 4th, 2011, 07:14 AM
*Purrs* You just did.:D

I'm dying to see if this show's going to be as good as the trailers over here suggest.

*Dives back into the spoilers*
I blame Ukko.
He shouldn't have made me weaken and come in here to catch up...

An excellent approach to life in general :D

:eek: Innocent Ukko? Its a conspiracy.

Bagpuss
April 4th, 2011, 07:19 AM
*Looks really ,totally innocent* :D
I'd better get on topic ,hadn't I ?

I bet someone already posted the Den of Geek interview with Jason Momoa ?

Ok here goes : Adult language and spoiler warning for the Conan movie and Game of Thrones ( in case Sky kills me ) : Interview page (http://www.denofgeek.com/television/836822/jason_momoa_interview_game_of_thrones_playing_conan_and_more.html)

Ukko
April 4th, 2011, 07:27 AM
*Looks really ,totally innocent* :D
I'd better get on topic ,hadn't I ?

I bet someone already posted the Den of Geek interview with Jason Momoa ?

Ok here goes : Adult language and spoiler warning( in case Sky kills me ) : Interview page (http://www.denofgeek.com/television/836822/jason_momoa_interview_game_of_thrones_playing_conan_and_more.html)

Beat me to it. I just got the link:p

EDIT: He did the Haka:D I may have to do that next time i go for an interview:p

Bagpuss
April 4th, 2011, 07:29 AM
LOL and I just corrected my spoiler warning.

Oh boy...it's been a long day.:S

Andron
April 4th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Here's a better version of 15 minutes preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQykXOukM2Q

13 days!

mirishka
April 4th, 2011, 07:53 AM
thanks honey- im going to watch it now.