This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith just a bunch of noobs?

I was thinking about this and after season 3 of Stargate Atlantis i kinda thought (compared to Stargate Command and the Atlantis expedition) that the wraith are just a bunch of noobs with a huge population (even that isn't a huge factor anymore). i think that if the odyssey went on a wraith hiveship killing-spree it alone could own all the hive ships cuz:

a) they have no shield

b) they have horrible hyperdrive (so almost no escape)

c) they're weapons are weak against the new asgard shields especially powered by zpm (examples: how Micheal's ship was shooting at dedalus and had minimal effects, the shipmates were like "uhh, so do we fire now or what?", and also the odyssey is powered with a zpm and also have asgard tech and they were being fired at by a couple of Ori ships (ori > wraith) while they were getting owned by the replicators and still managed to hold their own.)

d) they're weapons can 2-3 hit K.O a hive ship and

e) we have long range scanners to find all the hive ships. in melee fighting the humans SUPER outnumber the wraith (only if the sg program is revealed) even without the program being revealed we have gg weapons.

When SGA first started i was like crap; check out those bad guys, they owned the ancients! but it turned out that the ancients only lost cuz of their own arrogance (sending zpm powered ships to wraith territory and letting them use the zpm to mass produce clones).

Anyway that's what i think, i wanna hear your opinions.

Well, Odyssey probably couldn't take out the entire Wraith fleet, but it could do a fair amount of damage. If it went on hit-and-run ops, like the Phoenix, it could probably take out 15 ships... more or less... although I would prefer more.

What we need is for ALL 304s to go on hit-and-run ops. together.... then we're really talkin' damage and destruction.

Although, could the Odyssey fire its beam weapons (or any other weapons it has) while it has Merlin's phase shifting device on? In Unending, Sam said it was possible to equip the Odyssey with one, and in the episode "Arthur's Mantle", Volnek was able to fire his staff weapon while having his Sodan cloak active (Sodan cloaks shifting things to the same dimension as Merlin's device). If Odyssey had a phase shifting device on... it could destroy the entire Wraith fleet.
    Last edited by Anubis10545; 10 November 2008, 06:02 PM.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis10545 View Post
      Well, Odyssey probably couldn't take out the entire Wraith fleet, but it could do a fair amount of damage. If it went on hit-and-run ops, like the Phoenix, it could probably take out 15 ships... more or less... although I would prefer more.

What we need is for ALL 304s to go on hit-and-run ops. together.... then we're really talkin' damage and destruction.
      yea i was thinking of a hit and run tactic, they could take out a bunch, since they kill so fast the other wraith would take some time to comprehend whats happening and by then it probably would be too late, also the phoenix didn't have a zpm.

Comment

The Wraith are almost childlike, if you ask me. Deadly, but childlike...

I was going to post something about this a while ago, never got around to it. But think about it...

Like children, they are very naive, always falling for the same traps.

Like children, they refuse to tell you their names.

Like children, they pout when they don't get their own way.

Like children, they put on human-style airs and like to play dress-up in human-style clothes.

Like children, they bully each other.

Like children, they fear being without their 'mother', the queen.

Like children, they like to play games - games with 'shadows', games of hide and seek, games where they jump out and scare you.

Like children, they are ALWAYS hungry!

Like children, they play with 'toy' guns that do not kill.

Like children, they throw hissy fits when they don't get their own way.

Like children, they take very long naps.

I know it wasn't the creators' intention to make the Wraith seem so naive and almost immature, but in many ways, they have. I DO think the Wraith are 'noobs'...they certainly are not 'worldly-wise', heck...I even suspect that most of them are still virgins!

das
        sigpic

Comment

LOL so true, also, do they even have names? LOL. i thought that they identified each other by some sort of mind connection.

Comment

Originally posted by XsupermaniaX View Post
            LOL so true, also, do they even have names? LOL. i thought that they identified each other by some sort of mind connection.
            Yes, I think you're right...

Wraith #1 (telepathically): "Hey Good-Looking, whatcha got cookin'?"

Wraith #2 (telepathically): "Yo, Sexy Dog-Dog, hot tub's kickin' it out at 105 degrees! Let's say you an' me jump in and punch it up to 150!"

Wraith #3 (out loud): "Uh...yo, duuudes. You guys just made me throw up a little in my handgina..."

das
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis10545 View Post

Can you tell me how many 304s are built or in duty for Earth? Could it be possible to forge an alliance with the Ori Galaxy people with their starships. I am new at this, and thanks for your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Cesar72 View Post
                Can you tell me how many 304s are built or in duty for Earth? Could it be possible to forge an alliance with the Ori Galaxy people with their starships. I am new at this, and thanks for your comments.
                The Odyssey, Daedalus, and Apollo are the only known 304s that are currently active. The Korolev being destroyed during the battle of P3Y-229, and the Phoenix still under construction (appearing only in an alternate timeline from the SGA episode "The Last man". About the Ori ship alliance thing, They probably wouldn't go out of their way to help their former enemy battle another enemy in yet another galaxy... although you would really need to ask them... or the writers

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

3 Daedalus Class ships vs the entire wraith fleet, Admittidly 1 on 1 we should be able to whoop them but....

Remember what happened to the Ancients they sent there ships deeper and deeper into wraith territory and look what happened..over confidence

Comment

The problem is the wraith terrectory is massive. Their hyperdrive slow.

Why at the moment I would not launch any kind of assault on wraith because we do not have the intelligence network to monitor all their vessels at once leading to traps.

If I was in charge of SGC operations I would use the Asgard core to build and construct a sensor network able to be deployed through the Pegasus Galaxy which enables us to monitor the entire pegasus galaxy at once and all Wraith ships movement, this would take a while to construct. But once it fully operational we can used to avoid large ambush like micheal set up for the Phoenix.

Then use the Odyssey and Apollo and Daedalus for hit and run attacks. On top of this I would offer to provide refit for all the travelers vessels and safe haven in the Milkyway galaxy during the fighting.
                    Because udoubtly the wraith knowing they cannot attack us they will use our moral code against us and will target human worlds and destroy entire human populations. And even with the travelers fleet we will not be able to be everywhere at once.

As to the Ori fleet, while I am sure the Ark did it job I would want wait decade or two make sure it not a temporary effects before inviting entire fleets into out galaxy and the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                      The problem is the wraith terrectory is massive. Their hyperdrive slow.

If I was in charge of SGC operations I would use the Asgard core to build and construct a sensor network able to be deployed through the Pegasus Galaxy which enables us to monitor the entire pegasus galaxy at once and all Wraith ships movement, this would take a while to construct. But once it fully operational we can used to avoid large ambush like micheal set up for the Phoenix.

As to the Ori fleet, while I am sure the Ark did it job I would want wait decade or two make sure it not a temporary effects before inviting entire fleets into out galaxy and the Pegasus galaxy.

Brilliant Idea about the sensor network, its odd how they havent already implemented something simular to it.

One question about the Ori fleet would be are the ships as powerful still, and secondly can they be operated without the Priors?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                        Brilliant Idea about the sensor network, its odd how they havent already implemented something simular to it.

One question about the Ori fleet would be are the ships as powerful still, and secondly can they be operated without the Priors?
                        The sensor network would probably get destroyed. The Wraith would eventually figure out what was happening and how it was happening. Also how would we be able to deploy the network without getting noticed.

The ships would still be as powerful (maybe not 1v1 against our 304's) but they would still be extremely useful against Hive's and Cruiser's. Although they need a Prior to operate them, perhaps someone with the ATA Gene could pilot it, as the chair on the bridge is similar to the Atlantis chair. Also the people in the Ori galaxy are primitive and probably wouldn't know how to use them, or notice us taking them

Comment

3 Daedalus Class ships vs the entire wraith fleet, Admittidly 1 on 1 we should be able to whoop them but....

Remember what happened to the Ancients they sent there ships deeper and deeper into wraith territory and look what happened..over confidence
                          The reason the ancients kept venturing deeper and deeper into wraith territory was because they were so technologically advance that they let it go to their heads, i don't think the F 304s will be as arrogant. Secondly, other than the drone weapons technology i believe the current level of F 304 > ancient warships.

Comment

Originally posted by XsupermaniaX View Post
                            The reason the ancients kept venturing deeper and deeper into wraith territory was because they were so technologically advance that they let it go to their heads, i don't think the F 304s will be as arrogant. Secondly, other than the drone weapons technology i believe the current level of F 304 > ancient warships.

Problem is we have still never really seen a properly functional ancient ship, the orion was wartorn, the aurora was scrap and the travellers ship had its bridge blown away. having said that the 304's did a great job on the asuran ships, although should we take that as there as strong as actual ancient ships?

I think 1 v 1 a 304 vs a Hive would win no contest but its a matter of getting them 1 v 1 as a few of them would cause alot of problems to us

Comment

Problem is we have still never really seen a properly functional ancient ship, the orion was wartorn, the aurora was scrap and the travellers ship had its bridge blown away. having said that the 304's did a great job on the asuran ships, although should we take that as there as strong as actual ancient ships?

I think 1 v 1 a 304 vs a Hive would win no contest but its a matter of getting them 1 v 1 as a few of them would cause alot of problems to us
                              i think the asuran ships are stronger and more advanced than the ancient ships cuz they had 10000 years to advance further and their starting point was ancient technology, also i think alone one 304 could take out 2-4 hive ships at the same time cuz when the ori ships were shooting at odyssey it didn't have that big of an effect and on top of that they had a replicator problem, also hiveship firepower isn't that strong compared to our asgard shield, remember when michael was firing at dedalus and it had minimal effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X