X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - U Talk Marketing (UK): YouTube to offer MGM films

At U Talk Marketing (UK):

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

YouTube to offer MGM films

Video-sharing website YouTube is set to show full-length feature films and television shows from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), the studios behind James Bond and Stargate Atlantis, in a bid to boost revenues.

American Gladiators will be the first archived program to feature on YouTube, followed by full-length action films including Bulletproof Monk and The Magnificent Seven.

The partnership also include access to clips from popular movies like Legally Blonde. The films and TV programs will be free to watch, with ads running alongside the video.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

This would be brilliant for people not in the US and with no access to view SGA.

Probably will come too late for the end of SGA, but here's to hoping they have it in place ready for SGU (and let UK viewers use the service)
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Agree, that would be good! Then won't have to follow links that lead to copyright infringement! =P lol

Hope Youtube has it all in HD-ready!

Comment

Will be able to watch it in the UK or will it be US only service. Just asking because does does not sky own the airing rights in the uk.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          Will be able to watch it in the UK or will it be US only service. Just asking because does does not sky own the airing rights in the uk.
          Here's another, more complete article on the subject, from The New York Times, although even this article clearly doesn't mention if the YouTube agreement is for the US only or not.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

“YouTube is essentially saying to media companies, ‘We are sorry for our past copyright stance; we weren’t thinking big enough. Let’s see howwe can make some money together,’ ” said James L. McQuivey, an analyst at Forrester Research.

Actually I think that part of the article is so wrong. Youtube was actually saying this we care about copy right, we honestly do but we do not yet have resources and technological means to remove all copyright clips but we are developing them, at our expense and when have them we will gladily use them to manage the content on the site and even let you have access to the tools we spent our money developing for free.

But I am fearful that most of fan made SG1/SGA short clips will be remove and that will be a shame.

It will be interesting how much community edited stuff remains on you tube in the future and whether Google caving in to the studios.

But I wonder also if Sony joins the gang and post stuff up on youtube if they will still allow access through it through PS3 afterall are not they spending money developing their own online distribution for their films.

And really do these studios want wait around, I mean I hear google is buddies with president Obarma and do they really want to wait and see google does with influence in the next few years, if I was the studios I would start signing deals now because one the first things google will pressing with the president on is copyright and patents reforms and google will be pushing massively on this front to get laws in favor of themselves and not the studios.

And this rubbish about being crowed, I mean they actually think that their content wot stand then they need to think about creating content which does stand out from the crowd.

Comment

bummer US ONLY

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7720918.stm

Comment

Working...
              X