This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis' Universal Purpose

Awhile ago..the actor of Shepperd said Atlantis would have a Universal Purpose that would eventually become apparent...well the series is almost completely over...well was that just a plothole? This has been on my mind for quite some time because don't get be wrong Atlantis is a huge city of Ancient technology...but there are many Ancient cityships though apparent..so what exactly makes Atlantis special??

Sure.. the 'Universal' Purpose was to be canceled for 'Universe'.

Or maybe it's in the last few episodes.

Comment

It's where the TV show is based.
      Last edited by Bobby; 10 November 2008, 12:21 AM.
      The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

LOL maybe they will reveal all in one of the movies...... and by my reckoning Atlantis altough only one of many city ships, i belive was the most up-todate, possibley why they left the other one in the peg galaxy!
        A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keroude View Post
          Awhile ago..the actor of Shepperd said Atlantis would have a Universal Purpose that would eventually become apparent...well the series is almost completely over...well was that just a plothole? This has been on my mind for quite some time because don't get be wrong Atlantis is a huge city of Ancient technology...but there are many Ancient cityships though apparent..so what exactly makes Atlantis special??
          When/where did he say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Keroude View Post
            Duh, once the Wraith can no longer feed on humans after they surrender to Earth in Enemy at the Gate, Atlantis will become the capital of the tri-galactic Republic, under the command of Mon Mothma.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              When/where did he say that?
              It was said in an article on Gateworld..

Comment

Have you got a link for it?

Comment

A) Its purpose as the captial of the Pegasus galaxy and its center of political/technological/military future

or

B) Something to do with the physical design and function of the city that makes it a weapon/cosmic observatory/powerplant yadda yadda. Who knows?

Maybe plugging Atlantis into Pegasus' version of Dakara = death star? Maybe theres some Ancient device that goes into a secret slot in the ZPM room that pops out of the ground like that control panel by the gate in the return and turns atlantis into a hive ship disentegrator. Maybe flicking a switch in a super secret lab turns Atlantis's OS sentient and the citys mainframe is LITERALLY the embodyment of the ancients legacy. Maybe the city has an unknown repair function that can be tweeked to expand the city to the scope of a magog worldship (andromeda).

The possiblities are endless.

Comment

Atlantis is probably the most advanced cityship, and it was the Ancients' capital. Or there could be something else, like it being sentient. Just a crazy theory that people on fanfiction write about.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                      Atlantis is probably the most advanced cityship, and it was the Ancients' capital. Or there could be something else, like it being sentient. Just a crazy theory that people on fanfiction write about.
                      I do like the idea of a sentient ship, though not in the vein of Farscape. I'd much prefer, say, in this scenario where nobody knows until something happens that heavily implies it. *shrug* Then give us clues, ya know, don't tell us outright. Eh. Not enough time left for that, but it'd be neat plot in the right hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X