View Full Version : Chuck or Amelia?

fumblesmcstupid
November 9th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I miss Chuck, but I also like Banks!

Where was Chuck? How dare he be sleeping or on leave!:confused:

I hope he's back next week!

jelgate
November 9th, 2008, 07:55 AM
The actor was probably busy just like Walter wasn't the only the technician on SG1

prion
November 9th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I miss Chuck, but I also like Banks!

Where was Chuck? How dare he be sleeping or on leave!:confused:

I hope he's back next week!

alas, no more chuck. he's been replaced with banks as that's the way the producers went... darn.

prion
November 9th, 2008, 07:59 AM
The actor was probably busy just like Walter wasn't the only the technician on SG1

No.

Lewisco
November 9th, 2008, 08:00 AM
as cool as Chuck is, Amelia Banks is freakin' awesome. nice little minor character who knows how to kick some ass. shame she wasnt in the sure sooner in my opinion

Shan Bruce Lee
November 9th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Who cares where Chuck was... Banks is awesome :cameronanime10:

Lythisrose
November 9th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I wonder if there would have been a 6th season they were hoping to make Banks a more prominent character and perhaps pulling back a bit with Keller. They would have had another female to work with who was a bit more badass than Jen. And since they seem to be into the matchmaking business lately, they could have paired her with Ronon.
(Which, admittedly, makes me happy. :))
But I really miss Chuck, they could have alternated the eps they were in and satisfied both Chuck and Amelia fans.

rsanchez
November 9th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Amelia was awesome. It's sort of like the first season of SG-1 (Carter can fight?) And how Ronon interacted with her was great. "If any more of them show up, just do what you did earlier."

Alteran of Atlantis
November 9th, 2008, 09:44 AM
I liked how Amelia knew how to fight. She kicked some major hybrid butt! Now we know Gate techies don't just sit behind the DHD all day. But I do miss Chuck. He was cool.

jenks
November 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM
alas, no more chuck. he's been replaced with banks as that's the way the producers went... darn.

Source?

Lahela
November 9th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Chuck has all but disappeared because he doesn't have boobs :rolleyes:

jenks
November 9th, 2008, 12:16 PM

What evidence do you have for that?

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
November 9th, 2008, 01:36 PM

The evidence that Chuck's disappeared or the evidence that Chuck doesn't have boobs ;)

Amelia seems to be in foreground more often recently, and she's

minor spoilers for enemy at the gate;
in the final shot (http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/520-EnemyAtTheGate/photos/normal_520_enemyatthegate_11.jpg)

She seems less of a background character than Chuck was/is now

rsanchez
November 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM

Maybe he did get boobs... :confused:

Starsaber
November 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM
The evidence that Chuck's disappeared or the evidence that Chuck doesn't have boobs ;)

Amelia seems to be in foreground more often recently, and she's

minor spoilers for enemy at the gate;
in the final shot (http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/520-EnemyAtTheGate/photos/normal_520_enemyatthegate_11.jpg)

She seems less of a background character than Chuck was/is now

Well, considering her immediate chemistry with Ronon and the fact that she's standing next to him in that shot, maybe she has more of a reason to be there than Chuck.

Skydiver
November 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM
and i'm sure it has absolutely NOTHING to do with him getting other work and not being available :rolleyes:

Col.Foley
November 9th, 2008, 09:05 PM

I would have said something similar, but he beat me to it.

Rosehawk
November 9th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Is this something that Chuck shared at the convention this past weekend, considering all the filming is done???

and i'm sure it has absolutely NOTHING to do with him getting other work and not being available
As far as I know, Chuck was still David Hewlett's stand-in so he should have still been working, just not on-screen. :)

I like them both, it's a shame if the producers felt they need to choose one over the other.

Lahela
November 9th, 2008, 10:53 PM
*note to self* Don't be flippant.

Shan Bruce Lee
November 10th, 2008, 01:00 AM
and i'm sure it has absolutely NOTHING to do with him getting other work and not being available :rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous :)

Col.Ads
November 10th, 2008, 07:20 AM
How about have them both! Chuck can dial the gate and Amelia can monitor communications...problem solved!

Skydiver
November 10th, 2008, 10:00 AM
he did a few eps of sanctuary, and seems to be working on something called 'his name is jason, 30 years of friday the 13th', at least according to IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0132310/

which supports the suggestion that it's no conspiracy or anything sinister, just an actor being involved in another project

fumblesmcstupid
November 10th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I think Chuck has the day shift, Amelia night shift! or vise versa.

nx01a
November 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM
The writers would never ship Ronon with Chuck. :mckay: I like the idea of them taking shifts, occasionally being on the same shift together.

kymeric
November 11th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Maybe he did get boobs... :confused:

Im a man and i grew some nice ones in my late twenties...

nx01a
November 12th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Duuuuuude. There're tv reality shows for that condition. You don't have to stay like Kenny Rogers forever. ;)

Geneva
November 13th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I
I like them both, it's a shame if the producers felt they need to choose one over the other.

I miss Chuck too. But, I like Amelia also. Girl can fight! Chuck only got to press buttons.

The producers seem to be writing in more women in the last eps. In Whispers, we had a whole team of women. In the Lost Tribe, we even got to see women in the Travelers clan. Maybe the producers are testing them out to see if they could bring some over to the movie to SGU.

perkin127
November 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM
its not luck we havent seen much of chuck this season, hes been in 5 episodes which is pretty good for a recurring character, although banks has been in 7, i hope chuck does get a little more action but i do actually quite like banks and think that the infusion of new characters mixed with the old ones makes the whole thing seem fresher

Geneva
November 14th, 2008, 12:55 PM
its not luck we havent seen much of chuck this season, hes been in 5 episodes which is pretty good for a recurring character, although banks has been in 7, i hope chuck does get a little more action but i do actually quite like banks and think that the infusion of new characters mixed with the old ones makes the whole thing seem fresher

I saw that Chuck is going to be on tonight's episode - Remnants.

Good for Chuck.

rach12
November 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I like them both. Two good reccuring characters.

jenks
November 14th, 2008, 08:15 PM
They were both in Remnants.

Rudy Pena
November 15th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I choose Sharon Taylor because I would sooooooooo frak her right now. :)

GusF
January 8th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I love Amelia. She's one of the best minor characters that Atlantis has ever said. I know Chuck is really meant to be the show's answer to Walter but he never made much impact on me.

Daedalus Commander
January 9th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Banks is good, but so was also Chuck. Like them both.

Michael'sQueen
June 8th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I miss Chuck too. But, I like Amelia also. Girl can fight! Chuck only got to press buttons.

The producers seem to be writing in more women in the last eps. In Whispers, we had a whole team of women. In the Lost Tribe, we even got to see women in the Travelers clan. Maybe the producers are testing them out to see if they could bring some over to the movie to SGU.

I don't know about you guys, but I hope that Chuck is in the Movies. I'd like to see Amelia in SGU,though, even though I like Chuck more.