PDA

View Full Version : Where was Keller

ha'tak_
November 9th, 2008, 05:17 AM
did any one notes that see was missing but wollsey said like see was on the base in the end when he was talking to ronon

where was see then in the action?

FallenAngelII
November 9th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Keller/Jewel Staite is only in 14 episodes this season. So in some of them, she's just not there. In others, she might get mentioned. She's... "off-screen".

ha'tak_
November 9th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Keller/Jewel Staite is only in 14 episodes this season. So in some of them, she's just not there. In others, she might get mentioned. She's... "off-screen".

jeee but they chould have given a reason why see wasent

FallenAngelII
November 9th, 2008, 05:46 AM
jeee but they chould have given a reason why see wasent
It's not necessary since there was absolutely no real reason for why she wasn't on-screen other than that she just wasn't onscreen. So she wasn't absent at all, we just didn't get to see her.

ha'tak_
November 9th, 2008, 06:09 AM
It's not necessary since there was absolutely no real reason for why she wasn't on-screen other than that she just wasn't onscreen. So she wasn't absent at all, we just didn't get to see her.

jeee that is propoble true

Linda06
November 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I knew there was a reason this ep was do good :D

Pharaoh Atem
November 9th, 2008, 07:23 AM
did any one notes that see was missing but wollsey said like see was on the base in the end when he was talking to ronon

the city didn't have power so maybe she was locked in her room or back on earth

fumblesmcstupid
November 9th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Nope! Didn't miss her AT ALL! :)

JackHarkness_Hot
November 9th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I don't mean to sound heartless but I did not miss Keller at all. In fact I forgot about Keller.

ha'tak_
November 9th, 2008, 11:45 AM
the city didn't have power so maybe she was locked in her room or back on earth

jee locked in the room or offworld but i dont thing back on earth

Lahela
November 9th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Thank TPTB that we had a reprieve this ep!

huntress
November 9th, 2008, 12:50 PM

As some have pointed out it has to two with Jewel Staite's 14 episode deal but honestly I couldn't care less. The less of Keller the better and I didn't miss her at all. It shows what a redundant character she is.

Repli!kat
November 9th, 2008, 12:54 PM
As some have pointed out it has to two with Jewel Staite's 14 episode deal but honestly I couldn't care less. The less of Keller the better and I didn't miss her at all. It shows what a redundant character she is.

Yeah, wherever she was, I kinda wish she'd stay there.;)
Truly loved this episode, BTW.

Finger13
November 9th, 2008, 01:01 PM
If Keller had been in this episode then it would have been pointless. It'd be like other episodes where she is thrown in a situation that should have nothing to do with her. I'm not anti-Keller, but I think the way that TPTB have implemented her this season is senseless.

I think I've seen enough of Keller in situations like these, like on the Daedalus when Todd took it over. She doesn't fit in that role, so why is she ever there?

It was refreshing to see Teyla kick some ass.

Reiko
November 9th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Offscreen, where she belongs.

Carson may have had been 'shoehorned' in place he needn't be but it was never an annoyance.

jenks
November 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM
If Keller had been in this episode then it would have been pointless. It'd be like other episodes where she is thrown in a situation that should have nothing to do with her. I'm not anti-Keller, but I think the way that TPTB have implemented her this season is senseless.

I think I've seen enough of Keller in situations like these, like on the Daedalus when Todd took it over. She doesn't fit in that role, so why is she ever there?

It was refreshing to see Teyla kick some ass.

Have you forgotten the point of the meeting?

Pharaoh Atem
November 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM

it would seem

Finger13
November 9th, 2008, 06:28 PM

it would seem

I'm not stupid enough to say that and not know why Keller was on the Daedalus. I never said that Keller didn't belong on the ship, obviously she was there thanks to the Wraith gene therapy. What I was saying is that when things went South, suddenly she's got a gun and is one of the two people taking back the ship? It doesn't suit her role, at all.

It's nonsense. Keller is the medical doctor, and I can see once in a while having her assume a role of importance when she finds herself in certain situations, but it happens to her every few episodes.

I was just saying, it was nice to see Atlantis get attacked and not have to watch Keller fighting her way to the control room, which would be nonsense. And that's basically exactly what happened in First Contact.

Amalthea
November 9th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Logic dictates that she was in the infirmary where she works and none of the action took place in this episode. It happens all the time on TV. For me, it was neither a good nor bad thing since not every character is or should be in every episode.

Dr Lee
November 10th, 2008, 05:54 AM
As i thought she had a 15 episode deal then i was expecting to see her somewhere.... so i was surprised that she didn't appear

And, As much as i like Jewel and the character of Keller, I don't think she was needed this week.

bluealien
November 10th, 2008, 06:22 AM
She was doing her hair, in case she got an unexpected visit from Todd...:p

jenks
November 10th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I'm not stupid enough to say that and not know why Keller was on the Daedalus. I never said that Keller didn't belong on the ship, obviously she was there thanks to the Wraith gene therapy. What I was saying is that when things went South, suddenly she's got a gun and is one of the two people taking back the ship? It doesn't suit her role, at all.

It's nonsense. Keller is the medical doctor, and I can see once in a while having her assume a role of importance when she finds herself in certain situations, but it happens to her every few episodes.

I was just saying, it was nice to see Atlantis get attacked and not have to watch Keller fighting her way to the control room, which would be nonsense. And that's basically exactly what happened in First Contact.

It's not more Keller's role than it is McKay's, but no one complains when he gets involved.

Pandora's_Box
November 10th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Everyone just chill. I know where she was.

The night before, she and Rodney took it upon themselves, ever so generously, to test the strength of the standard-issue Atlantis mattresses under extreme conditions of use.

I imagine she was still recuperating when Michael showed up.

fumblesmcstupid
November 10th, 2008, 09:16 AM
No, she was on Earth getting a refresher course on why you don't date your patients:)

Pandora's_Box
November 10th, 2008, 09:19 AM
No, she was on Earth getting a refresher course on why you don't date your patients:)

Everyone on Atlantis is her patient. Should she become celibate?

Can we please remember that this is a TV show? This isn't the first time SGA has broken one of the rules of RL and surely wouldn't be the last. I find it both hilarious and disconcerting that people are capable of suspending their disbelief for so many of the crazy things on SGA but not for this.

Repli!kat
November 10th, 2008, 09:20 AM

The night before, she and Rodney took it upon themselves, ever so generously, to test the strength of the standard-issue Atlantis mattresses under extreme conditions of use.

Eeeww. That's just...... eewww.:S

Lucylee
November 10th, 2008, 09:26 AM

Well that's just GREAT :mad: Now she's gone and done it - probably given McKay Space VD, he'll pass it along to Shep who will pass it along to Larrin who will pass it along to the entire Pegasus galaxy.
Who needs the Michael anyway, we'll decimate the population with STDs.

fumblesmcstupid
November 10th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Maybe she is developing her next unbelievable super power that comes out of nowhere.

Pandora's_Box
November 10th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Eeeww. That's just...... eewww.:S

I actually think it's kind of sweet of them.

Well that's just GREAT :mad: Now she's gone and done it - probably given McKay Space VD, he'll pass it along to Shep who will pass it along to Larrin who will pass it along to the entire Pegasus galaxy.
Who needs the Michael anyway, we'll decimate the population with STDs.

And it's comments like that that make me despair at fandom in general. Way to take it too far.

Maybe she is developing her next unbelievable super power that comes out of nowhere.

Super powers come in real handy in the Pegasus Galaxy. I don't blame her. If she develops a way to do that, I'm sure everyone will be lining up to get one.

CazzBlade
November 10th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Everyone on Atlantis is her patient. Should she become celibate?

No, I was under the impression there were other doctor's on Atlantis. But McKay is still her patient it seems.

jenks
November 10th, 2008, 10:49 AM
No, I was under the impression there were other doctor's on Atlantis. But McKay is still her patient it seems.

They're not running a general practice, everyone on Atlantis is the patient of all of the doctors there.

Arica15
November 10th, 2008, 10:59 AM
To answer the original question - who cares!

elyc
November 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Okay, I'm so GLAD that Keller WASN'T in the episode. And McKeller was not even mentioned! *happy sigh* Sorry to the McKeller-Fans but I HATE shipping in general... ;)

It was a great and wonderful team eppi! :D

jelgate
November 10th, 2008, 11:29 AM
To answer the original question - who cares!The thread starter:P

Coaster
November 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Obviously, she was off sleeping with Chuck! :P Things could get really messy now...

Lord batchi ball
November 10th, 2008, 02:54 PM
taking a siesta

fumblesmcstupid
November 10th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Maybe she was in Cahoots Love that word! I hardly ever have the opportunity to use it in a sentence:) with Micheal! Well she was getting REALLY chummy with Todd in First Contact and all Wraith want one thing "The Need to Feed"

So as Todd was fixing her ever changing hairstyles in First Contact and The Lost Tribe he was like "Hey ya know Mikey? well he really wants Teyla's baby and he's ganna ya know hijack Atlantis" he's also chewing watermelon bubblegum that Keller gave him and he just finished popping his bubble and was putting her Extra glossy lip Gloss on her lips. "So when he shows up could you pretty, pretty please help a friend of mine out? That would be soooo totally groovy! Todd blinks at Keller a few times.

DragonLadyK
November 10th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Offscreen, thank goodness. It was nice for Teyla and Radek to have a chance to really shine. :D

DragonLady

Briangate78
November 10th, 2008, 07:11 PM
So let's try not to turn this into an Anti-Keller thread. We have one of those already...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46329

fumblesmcstupid
November 10th, 2008, 07:42 PM
this is not anti!

This is being facetious!

People can say that they are glad she was not in the episode, or make up moronic reasons WHY she was not in the episode. If Keller is not in an episode..it's not the end of the world!

badboyzII~86
November 10th, 2008, 08:49 PM
So let's try not to turn this into an Anti-Keller thread. We have one of those already...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46329

Yes we do, and im always there. But this is not an anti thread, someone wants to know where keller was, and we are giving suggestions. and also suggesting, like others have done, that it was nice to not have her around, and just have a proper team episode for once. Heaven forbid that the doctor, if you can call her that, has to be in every episode elbowing her way into the team.

Where do i think keller was. She was safely tucked away in a straight jacket during the invasion. Safe and sound where noone could find her, or want to find her.

Dr Lee
November 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM
TBH i think this thread was heading to being another anit-keller thread. Briangate just came in a bit early.

It does seem to me that the majority of threads created on here that are about keller end up being Anti-Keller threads... and that is my honest opinion.

Briangate78
November 10th, 2008, 08:58 PM
TBH i think this thread was heading to being another anit-keller thread. Briangate just came in a bit early.

It does seem to me that the majority of threads created on here that are about keller end up being Anti-Keller threads... and that is my honest opinion.

You know the ironic part of this? I am not a Keller fan. I prefer Carson Beckett as CMO. But she doesn't take away a thing from the show for me. "The Prodigal" would of been an epic episode for me with or without Keller.

Pandora's_Box
November 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I still think she was recovering from mattress testing with Rodney.

Briangate78
November 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
i still think she was recovering from mattress testing with rodney.

lol!

Fenrir Foxz
November 11th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Yes we do, and im always there. But this is not an anti thread, someone wants to know where keller was, and we are giving suggestions. and also suggesting, like others have done, that it was nice to not have her around, and just have a proper team episode for once.

'The Prodigal' was a great episode for what it was, not wasn't. Keller not being there didn't add anything to the episode (IMO) and with how it turned out if she had have been there it would only have been a small part so not a big loss.

Heaven forbid that the doctor, if you can call her that, has to be in every episode elbowing her way into the team.

Well Keller is a qualified doctor and CMO so yeah, you can call her that. Not seeing the "elbowing her way into the team" either.

Where do i think keller was. She was safely tucked away in a straight jacket during the invasion. Safe and sound where noone could find her, or want to find her.

Keller doesn't strike me as the kind of person that needs to be in a straight jacket, if anything she is healthy psychologically.

LOL!

Pandora's_Box
November 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM
It's a viable option. Rodney was curiously nice to Zelenka in the last episode. He wasn't dieing or infected with a parasite, so the only other option is mattress testing.

jelgate
November 11th, 2008, 10:39 AM
It's a viable option. Rodney was curiously nice to Zelenka in the last episode. He wasn't dieing or infected with a parasite, so the only other option is mattress testing.

Crazy shippers:rolleyes::P

Linda06
November 11th, 2008, 04:03 PM

http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sick/sick0021.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-indifferent-smileys.php) Ok that is an image I so did not need just before going to bed :S

Pajus
November 12th, 2008, 04:36 AM
She was in her favorite malfunctioning airlock

Col.Ads
November 12th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Dr Fraser was not in all SG-1 Episodes where there was a scene in the medical centre.

Maybe she was fast asleep after a long shift, no reason she would haven woken up really apart from the odd bit of C4 and a few gun shots near the end

Showfan
November 12th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I second the person who said, "Who cares?"

The episode was amazing. Keller wasn't needed. I can't imagine where they would have shoehorned her in this time!

Why question a good thing?

:sheppard::teyla::ronan::mckay:

nx01a
November 12th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Three cast members injured... I'm sure she was quite busy.

Showfan
November 12th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Three cast members injured... I'm sure she was quite busy.

Doing her job and not toting a gun.
:)

:sheppard::mckay::ronan::teyla:

fumblesmcstupid
November 20th, 2008, 03:07 AM
What I really don't understand is WHY in MOST episode threads, if Keller is not in the episode, A thread has to pop up DEMANDING WHERE she is?

There are a lot of other characters who don't show up in every episode and not every one starts a thread right after the episode airs wonders where they are!:confused::mckay::cool:

Pandora's_Box
November 20th, 2008, 06:21 AM
What I really don't understand is WHY in MOST episode threads, if Keller is not in the episode, A thread has to pop up DEMANDING WHERE she is?

There are a lot of other characters who don't show up in every episode and not every one starts a thread right after the episode airs wonders where they are!:confused::mckay::cool:

That is because everyone loves her and misses her when her enigmatic presence is missing. :D

fumblesmcstupid
November 20th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Puuulleeaazzee! *Eyeyroll* "Whatever!" (ouch I just strained my eye rolling it so much!)

jelgate
November 20th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Your eyes rolled because you know its true:P

fumblesmcstupid
November 20th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Uh, Nuh uh!! *runs away from you scarey people* *I trip and fall down, scream as I look back*

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Pandora's_Box
November 20th, 2008, 08:20 AM
And another one bites the dust....

:D

fumblesmcstupid
November 20th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Just like Zombie's we come back in greater numbers!:wraithanime11:

Soon all the Keller nonlikers will be sneaking up and ripping the throats out Kellerlovers and zombifing them and turning EVERYONE just like us!:)

*Insert evil laugh right here*

"Where coming to get you Barbra"

Arica15
November 20th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Listen wherever she was I totally appreciated her contribution to the episode and felt it represented an absolutely perfect amount of screen time for the character.

But for the record I reckon she was somewhere in a swoon over all the wraithied humans Michael brought with him.;)

jelgate
November 20th, 2008, 10:09 AM
And another one bites the dust....:DYou'll be receiving my bill:P

ori soldier
November 21st, 2008, 03:44 PM
keller wasnt there because there was no need for girlish screaming to u kellerhaters i dont hate keller just the way shes only over used when screaming or in need of being rescued for gods sake writers THIS IS NOT WHY WE WATCH STARGATE if i wanted that i could watch... erm no other program has the damsel in distress storyline any more because its F***ING OUTDATED

adamisme
November 22nd, 2008, 02:44 AM
I'm a Keller fan, but I didn't miss her in this episode, everyone fitted in well, but at least she was mentioned, especially as she is supposed to be the hard of Medicine on Atlantis

michellec24_7
November 22nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
I knew there was a reason this ep was do good :D

Teeheehee Linda.... I never even noticed she wasn't there or that she was even mentioned so thats how good this ep was... you didn't miss anyone cause it was enough to satisfy with the ones we got ;)

ori soldier
November 22nd, 2008, 10:41 AM
Teeheehee Linda.... I never even noticed she wasn't there or that she was even mentioned so thats how good this ep was... you didn't miss anyone cause it was enough to satisfy with the ones we got ;)

i dont think thats what she was implying

michellec24_7
November 22nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
i dont think thats what she was implying

I was aware of that, hence the teeheehee ;)