PDA

View Full Version : Micheal's declatation of undying love to Teyla

Not Telling
November 8th, 2008, 09:19 AM
(It was close enough!)

"I would very much like for you to come with me."
I loved the scene where Micheal offers to take Teyla with him. He looked so hesitant and at the same time, came across as so evil. Did he seriously think that she's come with him? But he keeps trying to convince her.
Also interesting is the fact that it didn't seem like he was going to force her to go with him. He doesn't want to be alone, but he wants her to come of her own free will. The anger and longing in these scene is driving me crazy!
"You can care for your child, and I will care for the both of you."
That line says it all!

In the end, however, his need for revenge beat it all out.

FallenAngelII
November 8th, 2008, 10:07 AM
First Toddifer. Now, Teychael? Miyla?

Reiko
November 8th, 2008, 10:19 AM
It's creepy is what it is. Michael is very obsessive-fan/stalker-ish when he's around Teyla.

Stalking =/= Love. Exept to Michael it is.

FallenAngelII
November 8th, 2008, 10:20 AM
It's creepy is what it is. Michael is very obsessive-fan/stalker-ish when he's around Teyla.

It doesn't matter.

What matters is what we're going to call this pairing. Michla? Miyla? Teychael? Techael? Teylael? Mila?

I vote for Miyla! Because it sounds like a real name!

Ouroboros
November 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
It was really sad and pitiful, it really showed just how much of a pariah he'd become that he'd try to cling to Teyla like that. All she ever did was be the slightest bit human toward him at the start, and despite all he's done to her and her team to him he still considers her his best and only prospect for someone who might not outright hate him simply for what he is. Ouch.

It's also worth pointing out that in the context of what Todd mentioned about the Wraith male psyche in "the queen" his complete isolation and universal rejection from both of the species he was trapped between likely hit him even worse than it would have a normal human. He was never a Wraith like Todd who seems to have grown naturally into his independance. He was just an ordinary male happily living as part of a hive when the whole situation was forced on him and he had to struggle to somehow adapt alone. It's no surprise he's emotionally imbalanced. He was dropped into this new life against his will without any idea how to handle it and with nobody to help im either physically or emotionally.

Not Telling
November 8th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I agree with both Ouroboros and Reiko; Micheal is quite stalker-creepy and yet very pitiful at the same time. It's an interesting point that Ouroboros brought up about what Todd said about the male wraith. I've often wondered if Teyla was a replacement 'queen' in some way to his wraithy mind.

As for Fallen Angel, I have to disagree. I like 'Teal', it's short and easy to remember, and just like teal is a hybrid of two colors (blue and green) Teyla/Micheal are a hyrbid match of two species (human/wraith). Not to mention that their both hyrbids to some level...

I spelt 'Declaration' wrong in the thread title. Oh well, close enough.

NoobTau'ri
November 8th, 2008, 02:14 PM
It was really sad and pitiful, it really showed just how much of a pariah he'd become that he'd try to cling to Teyla like that. All she ever did was be the slightest bit human toward him at the start, and despite all he's done to her and her team to him he still considers her his best and only prospect for someone who might not outright hate him simply for what he is. Ouch.

It's also worth pointing out that in the context of what Todd mentioned about the Wraith male psyche in "the queen" his complete isolation and universal rejection from both of the species he was trapped between likely hit him even worse than it would have a normal human. He was never a Wraith like Todd who seems to have grown naturally into his independance. He was just an ordinary male happily living as part of a hive when the whole situation was forced on him and he had to struggle to somehow adapt alone. It's no surprise he's emotionally imbalanced. He was dropped into this new life against his will without any idea how to handle it and with nobody to help im either physically or emotionally.

I think that the Michael represents the most tortuous symbol of the dichotomy that Wraith males who aren't drones face.

What I mean by this is that the Wraith are a combination of Human and social insect genetics, and thus male Wraiths who aren't drones are torn between the insect instinct, that makes them naturally desire to be submissive to the female queen, and the natural alpha male instint that Human males have to lead and be the social dominator.

And here lies the problem: living between the Wraith would be impossible for him even if the Wraith accepted him, because the retrovirus made him less insect and thus the Human male part of him became stronger, making him to naturally want to lead. Since it is impossible for males in Wraith society to become the supreme leader, living between the Wraith would be intolerable to him. Conversely, he can't live as a Human either, not only because lots of Humans would never accept him - as Ronon made it pretty clear - bt also because he hates Humans for what they did to him. Michael's case can best be defined as that of a frustrated alpha male who can't live as an alpha male in either society. Everything about Michael suggests that, if he decided to live among Humans and they accepted him, he would be an uber alpha. He has all the traits of an alpha male: the high intelligence, the assertiveness, courage, tenacity and his ability to charm and convince people. He is like the Wraith version of Lucius Cornelius Sulla, torn between siding with the plebs or the patricians because neither side accepts him fully. And while the Human Sulla eventually picked a side despite only being partially accepted and came out victorious, the Wraith Sulla wasn't so fortunate.

jonos101
November 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
This is disturbing. :p

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 05:10 PM
It reminded me alot of Gul Dukat.

SoulReaver
November 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM
What matters is what we're going to call this pairing. Michla? Miyla? Teychael? Techael? Teylael? Mila?better call it quits. Michael's dead. case closed

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 05:39 PM
better call it quits. Michael's dead. case closed
For the moment.

jelgate
November 8th, 2008, 05:43 PM
For the moment.Their is no way he survivied a fall from that height and his back was facing the ground as he fell. His spine would break into a million pieces.

SoulReaver
November 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
For the moment.ascension ? http://img.infos-du-net.com/forum/images/perso/alex666.gif

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Their is no way he survivied a fall from that height and his back was facing the ground as he fell. His spine would break into a million pieces.This is Sci Fi we are talking about...if you watched the trailer you know what is happening next week.
No one really stays dead, although I think he is deader then a door nail.

ascension ? http://img.infos-du-net.com/forum/images/perso/alex666.gif
Among millions of other possibilities.

jelgate
November 8th, 2008, 05:56 PM
This is Sci Fi we are talking about...if you watched the trailer you know what is happening next week. No one really stays dead, although I think he is deader then a door nail. Among millions of other possibilities.I always hated that cliche.

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I always hated that cliche.
So do I, but there you have it.

jelgate
November 8th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I'm sorry unless they used the clone cliche again (I hate you Ba'al) he would not have survivied

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry unless they used the clone cliche again (I hate you Ba'al) he would not have survivied
Or there could have been a Wraith Cruiser convienently placed...(And cloaked) That he hit, and it just flew away. Or he fell down the oceans and ran into a race of sentient whales who used a Sarcophugus like thing...he then takes control of them and plots his revenge....or.....

jelgate
November 8th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Wraith crusiers can't cloak and hitting the water from the height hurts just as much as solid ground.

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Wraith crusiers can't cloak and hitting the water from the height hurts just as much as solid ground.
Ah. But it would be a special never before seen Cruiser.

jonos101
November 8th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Or Michael is a intergalactic diving champion. :p

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
The name is Bond, Micheal Bond.

jonos101
November 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
The name is Bond, Micheal Bond.

:lol: Imagine Michael in a suit. :D

tombombadil
November 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
the lesson is, never try a species-change.

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
:lol: Imagine Michael in a suit. :D
:lol:
I watched part of The World is Not Enough today, and your post reminded me of when he dove into the water head first, that had to hurt.

jonos101
November 8th, 2008, 06:19 PM
:lol:
I watched part of The World is Not Enough today, and your post reminded me of when he dove into the water head first, that had to hurt.

I'll have to watch that again. (I'v got the boxset. ;) )

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I'll have to watch that again. (I'v got the boxset. ;) )
HA! Shows how much of a fan you are! I taped all but seven...eight of them! Am missing one....so that is nine...any way.
All 21?

jonos101
November 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
HA! Shows how much of a fan you are! I taped all but seven...eight of them! Am missing one....so that is nine...any way.
All 21?

Yep, got it for Chrismas last year. By the way, I beat you to 2000. :p

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Yep, got it for Chrismas last year. By the way, I beat you to 2000. :p
*tips cap* That you did....now here is your reward...
BTW....you lucky....is it HD Blu Ray, or reg?

jonos101
November 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
*tips cap* That you did....now here is your reward...
BTW....you lucky....is it HD Blu Ray, or reg?

Just reg, unfortunatly.

SoulReaver
November 8th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Or there could have been a Wraith Cruiser convienently placed...(And cloaked) That he hit, and it just flew away. Or he fell down the oceans and ran into a race of sentient whales who used a Sarcophugus like thing...he then takes control of them and plots his revenge....or.....ok so basically it might be possible to bring Michael back as long as the writers push suspension of disbelief beyond even SGA standards & destroy what little credibility there is left

series finale is nearing its end so I guess they ain't got much to lose anyway

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Just reg, unfortunatly.
Ah.

ok so basically it might be possible to bring Michael back as long as the writers push suspension of disbelief beyond even SGA standards & destroy what little credibility there is left

well series finale is nearing its end so I guess they ain't got much to lose anyway
you have not seen anything yet....

SoulReaver
November 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
you have not seen anything yet....got spoilers for next eps ? :tealcanime49:

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM
got spoilers for next eps ? :tealcanime49:
No...I am talking about another series....one of its episodes stretched that to where I even couldn't take the episode that seriously. I was glad when it was over.

Ouroboros
November 9th, 2008, 12:26 AM

He's got some pretty stiff competition from that queen in submersion who swam an entire kilometer along the ocean floor with a single breath.

YutheGreat
November 9th, 2008, 03:56 AM

I can actually relate to Michael on this one. It kinda happened to me I was thinking of doing a simillar thing but chose not to because If she doesn't want to then she doesnt want to. I sometimes wonder though. Who knows I might end up like Michael. :))

FallenAngelII
November 9th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Stuff.
Not to mention that "teal" is a hybrid of blue and green, the very same colors almost every single Wraith on the show has as the basis for their skin tone, including Wraith Michael.

Teal it is! Toddifer and Teal forever!

Not Telling
November 9th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Not to mention that "teal" is a hybrid of blue and green, the very same colors almost every single Wraith on the show has as the basis for their skin tone, including Wraith Michael.

Teal it is! Toddifer and Teal forever!

I feel so honored!

JackHarkness_Hot
November 9th, 2008, 08:10 AM
(It was close enough!)

"I would very much like for you to come with me."
I loved the scene where Micheal offers to take Teyla with him. He looked so hesitant and at the same time, came across as so evil. Did he seriously think that she's come with him? But he keeps trying to convince her.
Also interesting is the fact that it didn't seem like he was going to force her to go with him. He doesn't want to be alone, but he wants her to come of her own free will. The anger and longing in these scene is driving me crazy!
"You can care for your child, and I will care for the both of you."
That line says it all!

In the end, however, his need for revenge beat it all out.

I will be honest here, a part of me thought Michael was very sweet, with the whole "Come with me, I will look after you two" (along those lines) and it was like "Awww, isn't Michael such a sweetie? The baby's not even his and he wants to look after them" but then my realism took over and pointed out that Michael wants to kill em all and use the innocent baby.

jonos101
November 9th, 2008, 03:50 PM
He's got some pretty stiff competition from that queen in submersion who swam an entire kilometer along the ocean floor with a single breath.

Well, we'll see which Hive wins at this years Waith Olympics. :D

DigiFluid
November 9th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I've had a look at the thread, so I know what it's about....but I'm still trying to figure out what word "declatation" was supposed to be....

Amalthea
November 9th, 2008, 06:59 PM
It reminded me alot of Gul Dukat.

Yes! Totally!! And his creepy obsession with Kira.

nx01a
November 10th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Their is no way he survivied a fall from that height and his back was facing the ground as he fell. His spine would break into a million pieces.Happens on soap operas all the time. And SGA's been a soap opera with Rodney/Keller/Dex lately.
And Ronon took a bad fall this episode and only got a concussion. Michael's hybrid physiology's sure to fix him.:P He's in the underwater jumper bay fixing the other jumper.:P

GoSpikey
November 10th, 2008, 12:48 PM
The pairing is called Mikeyla. ;)

StarOcean
November 10th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Yes! Totally!! And his creepy obsession with Kira.

Wasn't Dukat's thing with Kira due to him wanting her to acknowledge that he was GOOD for Bajor and not the villain? If he got her onto his side, it would be his ultimate proof that he was the hero.

Also, I want to say that Dukat was an awesome character. The guy was a charismatic leader, but a narcissist and a hero in his own mind. So he was patriotic to serve himself and not his people. I feel bad for Damar sometimes. Man, he got let down. And I loved how he stepped up.

Michael's hybrid physiology's sure to fix him.:P He's in the underwater jumper bay fixing the other jumper.:P

HA!!! XD XD XD

The pairing is called Mikeyla. ;)

*votes for mikeyla* Teal just doesn't fit somehow, and it makes me think someone made a type for Teal'c.

YutheGreat
November 10th, 2008, 04:07 PM
It was kinda like schoolboy crush! He couldn't say it directly but it was like:

Michael: Maybe we could like...you know...uhm... go on...a date...I mean...go out as friends?

It is like the first time he ever did it.

nx01a
November 10th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Teyla's his queen. Aww.

Muh_tuttles
November 11th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I felt so sorry for Michael. I am not surprised he fell in love with Teyla because, as has been pointed out billions of times, she was the only one with compassion.

Doesn't this remind you of the Phantom of the Opera tho?

Michael - Disgusting mutated murderer who wants a beautiful and innocent woman to love him

Teyla - An innocent and compassionate woman who was willing to give him a chance, but because Michael took advantage of this, she no longer has compassion for him.

OmegaSama
November 13th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I found the whole situation of him fanboying over Teyla was quite... pathetic. Way to take an awesome character and cut his balls off. This episode played out as if they had taken some Marty Stue version of Michael from some fan fiction and used that as template for this episode. It was rather painful to watch. Like reading Twilight, only in space. Freaky ****.

I liked him in every episode but this. I find it rather sad that they instead never delved deeper into WHY he did all these things in the first place... or why the wraith never completely trusted him, or even an episode with a meeting between Wraith and Michael's Hybrids. ANYTHING to make him more... deep. Not suddenly adding a whole "OMG u must cum wif me" element into the whole thing... I thought better of him then to become some pathetic stalker fan boy of Teyla's. Seriously.

Vis Uban
November 14th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Gotta say, I took one look at this thread and thought, "Huh? Did we watch the same episode?" Hybrid Michael's pretty cool though, especially in this one; loved actually watching a main character lose a fist fight for once. A bad guy whose actually threatening....there's an idea!

Good point about Atlantis turning into a soap opera, NX-01a. I just wish it wasn't true.

Daniela
November 14th, 2008, 06:49 PM
What's declatation? :thoranime07:

jenks
November 14th, 2008, 06:51 PM
It's like a declaration, only for those with a speech impediment...