This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syndication - When?

When is Stargate: Atlantis going into syndication? I'd assume it'll be paired up with SG-1 Season 8 in the fall of 2005, right?

Nope, from what I've seen it will probably be when SG-1 Season 8 will start to see crossovers...

Oh, wait, you were talking about in the US... Most likely it will stay on SciFi until then, yup.

As for Canada, we'll be getting them at around the same time.
    Enter my game site...

Comment

Scifi may own exclusive airing rights to Atlantis in the US, which would prevent syndication until the contract expires.

Comment

Are you saying that I'm going to have to wait till the show run's it's coarse on SCIFI before I can see it in syndication? Heck, the DVD's would be out first.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
          When is Stargate: Atlantis going into syndication? I'd assume it'll be paired up with SG-1 Season 8 in the fall of 2005, right?
          SGA should arrive in US Syndicated markets in September 2005, along with SG1's Season Eight.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Duh yeah, for some reason I was basing that on Farscape, not Stargate. Its late, not thinking straight (ignore rhyming). That'd be logical. Sorry if I scared you, Daniel Jackson.

Comment

I've always thought to get into syndication, you would have to have at least 4-5 seasons worth of episodes, or maybe thats only network shows like Buffy and Angel... Hmm...
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                I've always thought to get into syndication, you would have to have at least 4-5 seasons worth of episodes, or maybe thats only network shows like Buffy and Angel... Hmm...

That was true perhaps ten years ago, maybe even five years ago, but not anymore.

Now with networks repurposing (for example, ABC airs Karen Sisco, a week later, the same episode airs on USA), and other creative programming ploys, series are going to syndication earlier.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                  Nope, from what I've seen it will probably be when SG-1 Season 8 will start to see crossovers...

Oh, wait, you were talking about in the US... Most likely it will stay on SciFi until then, yup.

As for Canada, we'll be getting them at around the same time.
                  Then why is the canada Movie channel screen the new episode now that are unscreened on SciFi?

Comment

Originally posted by thetron
                    Then why is the canada Movie channel screen the new episode now that are unscreened on SciFi?
                    Syndication would only apply to the US.

In other countries -- and Canada is not part of the US -- when a US series is shown, it's not considered syndication.

Stargate Atlantis is currently showing new episodes on The Movie Channel, which is a premium channel in Canada.

Stargate Atlantis will debut on SPACE in 2006.

Morjana
                    Last edited by morjana; 20 November 2004, 02:23 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                      Syndication would only apply to the US.

In other countries -- and Canada is not part of the US -- when a US series is shown, it's not considered syndication.

Stargate Atlantis is currently showing new episodes on The Movie Channel, which is a premium channel in Canada.

Stargate Atlantis will debut on SPACE in 2006.

Morjana
                      Let me clear this up.

The Movie Network and Movie Central own EXCLUSIVE broadcasting rights to SG:A, they don't care if SciFi or SkyOne are airing the new episodes in January because they have no ties to them.
                      Enter my game site...

Comment

I think the rules for syndication are still fixed at 100 episodes, see this site:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/5638

I'm not saying that this answer is accurate though, just what I've found.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo

Still kind of true, but they know that it will last at least 4 seasons anyways and will get their money's worth.
                          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by alpha
                            I think the rules for syndication are still fixed at 100 episodes, see this site:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/5638

I'm not saying that this answer is accurate though, just what I've found.

The rules are changing.

How else can you explain other series that are being syndicated right now and haven't reached (or just reached) their 100 episode mark?

These series include:

Stargate SG-1 (syndicated after the first season on Showtime), CSI (just had their 100th episode), and CSI: Miami.

There are other examples, these are just the first ones that came to mind.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

You can always rely on morjana to explain every thing and find facts what will we do without you.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X