PDA

View Full Version : Michael's minions clearly have brain damage!

FallenAngelII
November 8th, 2008, 04:05 AM
"Ouh, I hear a baby crying!" - But there's no one there. I must've imagined it!

What kind of inept minion doesn't alert his comrades and have them search that portion of the corridor inside out?! Or at least turn around to walk in the direction of the crying! But nooo, he just keeps on walking, away from the clearly audible baby's cry!

I mean, at the very least he could've walked in the same direction of the crying! What, was he expecting the baby to be a master ventriloquist or something?

Clearly, the minions suffered brain damage of at least a minor degree when they transitioned from Athosians into Minions.

Sasso
November 8th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Probably the only thing that annoyed me this whole episode.

Lets just forget it ever happened. :)

jonos101
November 8th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Probably the only thing that annoyed me this whole episode.

Same here. I mean WTF, if you hear the thing your after you don't run away from it.

FallenAngelII
November 8th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Same here. I mean WTF, if you hear the thing your after you don't run away from it.
Acute babyphobia?

jonos101
November 8th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Acute babyphobia?

Or maybe he had a headache and didn't want to wake the baby up in case it cried.

JackHarkness_Hot
November 8th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I think the minion guy didn't know cos the baby's cries were echoed throughout the corridor so he probably couldn't pinpoint the location. He may have hearing problems more so than actual brain damage.

EternalAlteran
November 8th, 2008, 07:09 AM
The minion could at least called for back-up.

FallenAngelII
November 8th, 2008, 07:25 AM
I think the minion guy didn't know cos the baby's cries were echoed throughout the corridor so he probably couldn't pinpoint the location. He may have hearing problems more so than actual brain damage.
He turned around towards a certain direction... and then walked in the other. He didn't alert anyone else and have them search the same area. Clearly, if he heard the baby cry in that area, it was around there somewhere, possibly hiding.

But nooo. He just went back to Michael and said "Oh, we couldn't find them" and that wasthat.

Detox
November 8th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Christ, do you really need to make so many threads? Just make a general complaint thread and cut out the clutter.

fumblesmcstupid
November 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Michaels minions went to the DR. Evil School for evil henchmen..and flunked!

Col.Foley
November 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM
This part really annoyed me too....and I think it is clear...and not by this alone, that they really do have some sort of neural disadvantage.
I just, personally, think that there might have been a logical explanation about that.
I mean there was clearly nothing there, and even though it would have been stupid not to check it out, he probably was not told about compartments in the wall that could do that. I mean, who knows?
Still irked me though.

Ranger
November 9th, 2008, 04:05 AM
One thing that bothered me was that they said they searched the whole area inside the field, but no one seemed to have noticed that the captured humans have escaped...

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
November 9th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Maybe it's because Michael didn't have full control over his minions, this was of course why he wanted Teyla's baby in this first place. The Athosian part of the minion took over at this point and decided to let them go, like in the Kindred when Kanan was about to free Teyla before Michael came. [/fanwank]

FallenAngelII
November 9th, 2008, 05:13 AM
This part really annoyed me too....and I think it is clear...and not by this alone, that they really do have some sort of neural disadvantage.
I just, personally, think that there might have been a logical explanation about that.
I mean there was clearly nothing there, and even though it would have been stupid not to check it out, he probably was not told about compartments in the wall that could do that. I mean, who knows?
Still irked me though.
But when you hear a baby's crying when you're, you know, looking for a baby, you don't just ignore it. And what do you assume if there's nothing there? Ouh, hidden compartment (what the hell was that hidden compartment about, anyway? It looked like some random hidden compartment just there for the sake of hiding).

JackHarkness_Hot
November 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM
What if that guy secretly wanted Teyla and the baby to flee?

jds1982
November 9th, 2008, 12:36 PM
But when you hear a baby's crying when you're, you know, looking for a baby, you don't just ignore it. And what do you assume if there's nothing there? Ouh, hidden compartment (what the hell was that hidden compartment about, anyway? It looked like some random hidden compartment just there for the sake of hiding).

It looked like some kind of maintainence access point or a dumbwaiter, but yeah it was pretty much just a place for Teyla to hide.

Wayston
November 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
perhaps they were told to search "every room & corridor" (as they report to michael) and took this litterally

they are under some sort of tight mental grip of michael and therefor must have it pretty hard to act on the moment

Col.Foley
November 9th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I think that is what it was, a random compartment.
I agree, he should have looked. But even then...there was no real evidence that the thing was easy to see. It looked quite literally like a hidden compartment.

FallenAngelII
November 10th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I think that is what it was, a random compartment.
I agree, he should have looked. But even then...there was no real evidence that the thing was easy to see. It looked quite literally like a hidden compartment.
Yes, but he didn't even bother to look. So either they really were under brain-washing so heavy they cannot do anything outside of what is ordered or them or he's just not that smart (or has suffered brain damage).

Col.Foley
November 10th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Yes, but he didn't even bother to look. So either they really were under brain-washing so heavy they cannot do anything outside of what is ordered or them or he's just not that smart (or has suffered brain damage).
I think the first one is the most likely.

FallenAngelII
November 10th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I think the first one is the most likely.
Then Michael was incompetent for creating such a flawed form of brainwashing :P.

It's like that episode of "The X-Files" ("The Djinn"?) where Mulder had to word his wish down to the very letter to avoid any kind of repercussions due to unclear formulations.

Col.Foley
November 10th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Then Michael was incompetent for creating such a flawed form of brainwashing :P.

It's like that episode of "The X-Files" ("The Djinn"?) where Mulder had to word his wish down to the very letter to avoid any kind of repercussions due to unclear formulations.
Yeah...but look at what happened the last time he tried to brainwash sentient beings. :P

andromeda_dan
November 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM
maybe the minion's brain was too scrambled by the transformation to evil hybrid, it can't tell the difference between a baby's cry and the creaks and moans old buildings makes.

nx01a
November 10th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Maybe it's because Michael didn't have full control over his minions, this was of course why he wanted Teyla's baby in this first place. The Athosian part of the minion took over at this point and decided to let them go, like in the Kindred when Kanan was about to free Teyla before Michael came. [/fanwank]It makes sense, fanwank or not. :P Michael does have to mentally control a lot of people to get things done, and he has been under alot of stress lately. It's obvious that he might have some performance problems. The 'ignore baby' drone was probably an example of that, as was his #2 :P openly questioning his orders, a bit like Kanan did.

nx01a
November 10th, 2008, 05:24 PM

It's like that episode of "The X-Files" ("The Djinn"?) where Mulder had to word his wish down to the very letter to avoid any kind of repercussions due to unclear formulations.'Je Souhaite', a funny and horrifying episode.