Self Destruct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Destruct

I know it's a plot device, but seriously, you'd think the Atlantis team would have considered getting rid of this darn thing since every single bad guy and random malfunction seems to arm it.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

I always thought the self destruct was overloading the naquada generators round the city...was wondering during the ep why they didn't send teams to secure the generators, deynying michael when he set of the self destruct.... was under the impression that atlantis diddnt have a built in self destruct "a la star trek" - hence first season when zelenka is trying to figure out ways to destroy the city

..ofcourse i could be wrong and will be torn to shreads

Comment

Originally posted by thedrumm3rguy View Post
      I always thought the self destruct was overloading the naquada generators round the city...was wondering during the ep why they didn't send teams to secure the generators, deynying michael when he set of the self destruct.... was under the impression that atlantis diddnt have a built in self destruct "a la star trek" - hence first season when zelenka is trying to figure out ways to destroy the city

..ofcourse i could be wrong and will be torn to shreads
      I think that's what it was in season 1, but now they probably have a Mk IX at the base of the tower or something.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

They could at the very least remove the crystals involved and hide them somewhere near the control room (or even in the control room) should they ever have to use it. At the very least out of reach of malfunctions and villains.

Yeah, the self-destruct really needs to be disabled.

Comment

Isn't it caused by the ZPM?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sasso View Post
            Isn't it caused by the ZPM?
            No. IIRC, in season 1, they were planning on self-destructing even before they found out Earth was giving them a ZPM.

Comment

No i meant nowadays it's caused by the ZPM overloading.

Before it was the naquada (spellings iffy) generators.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheoryCraft View Post
                I know it's a plot device, but seriously, you'd think the Atlantis team would have considered getting rid of this darn thing since every single bad guy and random malfunction seems to arm it.
                And what happens when they need it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasso View Post
                  No i meant nowadays it's caused by the ZPM overloading.

Before it was the naquada (spellings iffy) generators.
                  The city is being powered by Nahquadah generators at this very moment (it always has been, just that sometimes, there's a ZPM there to help... and then there was that underwater power station).

So either way, city goes boom.

Comment

They specifically mentioned a self-destruct device.

While this could just be a device that overloads the ZPM and Naquadah Generators, I look at it more like the SGC self-destruct device - a fat nuke right in the middle of the base.

Comment

They should make communications and the self destruct fully independent systems. In case of emergencies. Which happen often.
                      Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

What they should do is store the self destruct program on a flash drive hidden under a secret compartment under the control console or on a ghost drive.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

I thought they were going to power the self destruct from the Puddle Jumper?
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            I thought they were going to power the self destruct from the Puddle Jumper?
                            Yes, but if you remove the control crystals for the self-destruct, it cannot be initiated. You can throw a nuclear power plant at it, but if there's nothing to engage, nothing will be engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by TheoryCraft View Post
                              it's just a call back from sg1
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X