PDA

View Full Version : Best Lines in "The Prodigal"

Briangate78
November 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Ronon: I'm not good with writing

Ronon: I'm not good with words.

Ronon's report on the voice recorder:

"Michael invaded Atlantis", "Tried to blow it up", "We stopped him", "End of Report" :p

naamiaiset
November 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Michael's speech to Teyla that the "blood is on your hands", and "he's like a cockroach, every time you try to step on him, he skitters away". :p

Ronon's mission report. :D

Briangate78
November 7th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Michael's speech to Teyla that the "blood is on your hands", and "he's like a cockroach, every time you try to step on him, he skitters away". :p

This episode has some dramatic lines and some really funny lines. I love when eps have a good mix like this.

Vis Uban
November 7th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Shepard, "You had two years!" LOL, that was so funny.

Briangate78
November 7th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Shepard, "You had two years!" LOL, that was so funny.

I also loved the Zelenka and Mckay bickering about the "Stun Bubble"! :p

Vis Uban
November 7th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I also loved the Zelenka and Mckay bickering about the "Stun Bubble"! :p

LOL, those two are always funny when they go at it. Then Rodney tried to pawn off fixing the jumpers to Zelenka. Then of course, "How'd you get up here so fast?" "Oh, I got some of the transporters working..." McKay's face was priceless.

Daniela
November 7th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Didn't Woolsely say something about "Listen to the Doctor" or something like that. I bet that was in reference to his "Doctor" character on Voyager.

Briangate78
November 7th, 2008, 09:25 PM
LOL, those two are always funny when they go at it. Then Rodney tried to pawn off fixing the jumpers to Zelenka. Then of course, "How'd you get up here so fast?" "Oh, I got some of the transporters working..." McKay's face was priceless.

The lines were just great in this ep. They truly mixed the comic relief and dramatic lines very well.

Vis Uban
November 7th, 2008, 09:29 PM
The lines were just great in this ep. They truly mixed the comic relief and dramatic lines very well.

Agreed, Battlestar could learn a bit from this episode. Having good drama inter spaced properly with comedy really makes for a better show than the whole drama, drama, drama, every time, all the time device they like.

Oops, slightly off topic there. :o

Cheshyre
November 7th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Ronon: I don't understand why you get to be up and I have to stay here another day.
Woolsey: I just fell down a flight of stairs. You were HURLED from a much greater height.

Sheppard: I've crashed into the towers before!

Also, loved Rodney and Radek's arguement over the "stun bubble" and the back and forth between Rodney and Sheppard when they were racing cars at the beginning.

fumblesmcstupid
November 7th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Rodney "I was Busy!

Linzi
November 8th, 2008, 01:47 AM
McKay: I will trample you.
Sheppard: Don't trip on your skirt!

:lol:

jonos101
November 8th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Ronons mission report, hands down. :D

EternalAlteran
November 8th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Michael: Teyla........ (he is dead)

:mckay: To many more (streches his hand towards Sheppard)

Michael: She's hiding somewhere...Toying with me! (throws laptop away)

McSwift
November 8th, 2008, 07:55 AM
"I have become what I am out of necessity"

Its close to a quote that most teachers here in Canada do talk about a lot. "I am who I am from what made me, me".

The meaning is that, I am who I am because of who made me - whether teachers have influenced me positively, my family, my friends, all of these factors made me who I am today.

It goes well with what Michael has said. He was a normal wraith feeding on people. But the reason why he had to do what he had to do was because the people of Atlantis turned him Human (changed who he was) in order to suit their needs. In the end, this own influence caused him to kill people in order to survive (not out of need to feed, but out to survive).

I can see that argument standing pretty good in this episode.

10/10

Pharaoh Atem
November 8th, 2008, 08:01 AM
the cry myself asleep line was great

fuchsia
November 8th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Rodney to John : "I think my shaft needs lube...":jack_new_anime05:(or words to that effect)

Constanza
November 8th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Not a line... but: a scene with the picture of Woolsey's dog behind Teyla. :)

mellow yellow
November 8th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Not a line... but: a scene with the picture of Woolsey's dog behind Teyla. :)

LOL.. I notice that too and couldn't help but laugh...

andromeda_dan
November 8th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Woolsey's look of exasperation after Ronon told him he doesnt talk too much, and Woolsey's rolling eyeballs after hearing Ronon's recorded mission report.

nebulan
November 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Michael's speach about protecting Teyla... I think he was sincere when he gave it, he just doesn't think very straight and threw all that out the window later, lol.

atlantis_babe34
November 8th, 2008, 10:39 PM
"My Bushing Needs Lube" ahahaha

"Don;t trip on your skirt."

Ronan's mission report.

Infernorhythm
November 9th, 2008, 06:16 AM
"You had two years!"

Alteran of Atlantis
November 9th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Ronon's mission report. That just made me fall off the couch laughing!

600th post!

EatLiftSleepRepeat
November 10th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Haha, I've rewatched Ronon's mission report four times and I still rotflmaoeing each time. That stuff is on par with some of the lines of old Teal'c and Colonel O'neill like "Things will not calm down Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up" "I believe a medical attack could be successful" or "It's all good and fun until someone breaks a nail", "General Hammond: You ever think of writing a book about your exploits in the line of duty?
Jack O'Neill: I've thought about it. But then I'd have to shoot anyone that actually read it."

This ep was kinda unique in the way that there were many great lines. Rodney+Zelenka and especially the rodney and sheppard lines about the puddle jumper and two year late repairs.

The_DrRodneyMckay
November 10th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Sheppard: "Ive crashed a Jumper into the tower before Rodney"
Great line

Ruffles
November 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
DEX: Was I there?

WOOLSEY: Yes. It was mandatory.

DEX: Because I don't I don't ...

WOOLSEY: I saw you there. It's kind of hard to miss you.

fumblesmcstupid
November 10th, 2008, 02:28 PM
OMG the whole "Stun Bubble" talk = AWESOME

All of the Jumper scene with John/Rodney. :)

Booklover
November 10th, 2008, 04:21 PM
SHEPPARD: The nursing home just called, Rodney. They want their scooter back.

McKAY: Scooter?! That is a tricer lipo pack under my hood, son!

I loved the whole racing cars scene!

nx01a
November 10th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Teyla: "Problems?":D

Briangate78
November 10th, 2008, 07:09 PM
This was not a funny line but a very powerful line when Sheppard and Mckay were in the Jumper. It brought out 5 years of their friendship and continued to show how close these two have become friends.

Rodney basically has this look on his face and says to Sheppard while standing up while shaking is hand..

Mckay: Well here is to many more. (Meaning Suicide runs)! That was a very touching moment.

Jill_Ion
November 10th, 2008, 08:43 PM
This was not a funny line but a very powerful line when Sheppard and Mckay were in the Jumper. It brought out 5 years of their friendship and continued to show how close these two have become friends.

Rodney basically has this look on his face and says to Sheppard while standing up while shaking is hand..

Mckay: Well here is to many more. (Meaning Suicide runs)! That was a very touching moment.

Yeah, that was such a sweet moment (in a friendship way). :sheppard: :mckay:

Loved the car racing banter and the 'stun bubble' conversation between McKay and Zelenka. Stun bubble is the best description!

How about Amelia Banks: Kickboxing. Five years.

Enzo Aquarius
November 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM
ZELENKA: All right. Whereabouts are you, right now?

McKAY: Like, level thirty-six.

SHEPPARD: Thirty-five.

McKAY: Oh, great, thirty-five(!) Perfect. So just another twenty-eight floors to go, and that's just this stairwell, then we get to level sixty-three, get to cross over to an ancillary stairwell, climb another four levels that's just to access the Gateroom ... Ooh, you know, see if you can route some of that power to transporters while you're at it!

:lol:

Mitchell82
November 16th, 2008, 11:34 AM
This thread is to state your opinion on what you think is the best line in the ep.
Discuss and have fun.

Mitchell82
November 16th, 2008, 11:36 AM
My favorite line is
Shepard: Torin, you want to watch me kick Rodney's ass?
Torin: *baby laugh*

jelgate
November 16th, 2008, 11:38 AM
The search is your friend:P (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=60892)

Mitchell82
November 16th, 2008, 11:42 AM
The search is your friend:P (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=60892)

Oh crap I looked but didn't see it.*is embarrassed.*:o

BluBarbi98
May 10th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Ronan's mission report :)