PDA

View Full Version : Is season 4 enterprise's last?

Taonas
November 19th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I really hope not because so far, this season rocks!!!!

I just watched "The Forge" and it was an amazing episode!

Soong ark was great, and I can't wait for the romulan three-parter!

David85
November 19th, 2004, 05:22 PM
If ratings go up it should stay, if they fall then its doomed, easy as that.

Major Fischer
November 19th, 2004, 05:25 PM
It could just be me, I'm not following Enterprise, but doesn't the series have a ratings problem? It's entirely possible that they've simply played that francise out.

Elwe Singollo
November 19th, 2004, 06:01 PM
There could be many reasons why to end ST:E, ratings, dry stories, the network not liking it anymore, haha...

Right now, i think UPN is just about 50/50 on if they should keep the show or not, but thats just me guessing. I'm guessing that they aren't 100 percent sure on ending the show because all shows usually do bad on Fridays, and since UPN has newly introduced Fridays to original programming (i didn't count movies as original programming), i think ST:E has been doing pretty well with its ratings for its current budget and timeslot.

Daniel Jackson
November 19th, 2004, 07:57 PM
If the season continues with the quallity we've seen so far, we just might get Season 5. I say let the producers do the best they can with the threat of cancellation. If they get cancelled, they get cancelled, but at least they'll be able to say they did their best. :D

Elwe Singollo
November 19th, 2004, 08:58 PM
If the season continues with the quallity we've seen so far, we just might get Season 5. I say let the producers do the best they can with the threat of cancellation. If they get cancelled, they get cancelled, but at least they'll be able to say they did their best. :D What if they didn't? Haha... I agree though, so far, the season is so much better than last year. :)

To be more specific in budgets (comparing Charmed and ST:E)
Enterprise: $997,760

Charmed: $2,489,664

I would say that Enterprise has really challenged the crew, because i really think the sets this year still look good :)

Daniel Jackson
November 19th, 2004, 10:10 PM
I suspect Charmed is more expensive due to expensive actresses and actors. :p

Elwe Singollo
November 19th, 2004, 10:45 PM
I suspect Charmed is more expensive due to expensive actresses and actors. :p Heh, i suppose so, because the special effects for their powers aren't even that fancy. haha :rolleyes: But sadly, the ship views in space in ST:E aren't that great anymore either :(

David85
November 20th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Heh, i suppose so, because the special effects for their powers aren't even that fancy. haha :rolleyes: But sadly, the ship views in space in ST:E aren't that great anymore either :(

And TOS used paper plates as ships, so I really don't see a problem.

DownFallAngel
November 20th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Well, the reason that the ships don't look so great, is because their budget went from 5Million an episode to a little over 3Million.

aAnubiSs
November 20th, 2004, 08:55 AM
I doubt Enterprise had a budget of 5 million / episode. I've read they are under 1 million / episode now.

TechnoBoY
November 20th, 2004, 10:20 AM
I hope it isnt! Its finally getting good!

DownFallAngel
November 20th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Taken off IMDB:

* The average budget for each episode of Enterprise in its first season was $3,500,000. Due to both the successes of the show and more creative technicalities required for further seasons, the budget was increased to $5,000,000 starting with the first episode of season two "Shockwave Part II".

* The total cost of Enterprise for two full seasons is approximately $229,500,000 - one of the top 5 most expensive shows on current US television.

Elwe Singollo
November 20th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I doubt Enterprise had a budget of 5 million / episode. I've read they are under 1 million / episode now.You can check Thefutoncritic.com for each series budgets :) (You can also see how much they pay for advertising) Its kind of interesting, haha...

aAnubiSs
November 20th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Can't say I find any budgets there. Looks like the poor site doesn't even have a search function :( Feel free to enlighten me where the budgets are listed. I only find the ads.

David85
November 20th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Taken off IMDB:

* The average budget for each episode of Enterprise in its first season was $3,500,000. Due to both the successes of the show and more creative technicalities required for further seasons, the budget was increased to $5,000,000 starting with the first episode of season two "Shockwave Part II".

* The total cost of Enterprise for two full seasons is approximately $229,500,000 - one of the top 5 most expensive shows on current US television.

Yeah I do not belive that.

The average buget I heard was 1.6 to 1.8 million an episode, now it's around 1 million.

Erik Pasternak
November 20th, 2004, 05:41 PM
According to the Futon Critic, a 30-second ad on Star Trek: Enterprise costs $31,180, number 124 out of 126. :(

Daniel Jackson
November 20th, 2004, 06:45 PM
I can't believe those crappy 30-second UPN promos cost that much! :eek:

Elwe Singollo
November 20th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Can't say I find any budgets there. Looks like the poor site doesn't even have a search function :( Feel free to enlighten me where the budgets are listed. I only find the ads.Heh, theres nothing really to search at their site anymore (it used to have a in-depth tracker of nielsen ratings of almost every network show) but was told to remove alot of their content. But anyway, if you look at the left column, it says 'ad rates' and click there, then u are now entering the '30 second ad rates' page, but if u look at the right column, you can get what ur looking for :)