PDA

View Full Version : It is about time!

mike123
November 7th, 2008, 06:07 PM
It is about time that Michael died, even though he was a good character.

Any thoughts on how his character could have continued?

rarocks24
November 7th, 2008, 06:13 PM

Absolutely. He's sealed in a box, and sent to Area 51, to be examined by top men.

ladyjanus
November 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM
He needed killing, and it was absolutely appropriate that Teyla be the one who sealed his doom.

TheRandomOne
November 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I am not convinced with these writers. He cloned himself. You guys really believe hes dead ? He more then likely cloned himself after he saw that cloning Carson worked

P-51D Mustang
November 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I dont know i think it would also be right if Ronnon killed him beacuse he has always said we gotta kill him and no one listend to him. I did think the fight was bad ass though.

rarocks24
November 7th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I am not convinced with these writers. He cloned himself. You guys really believe hes dead ? He more then likely cloned himself after he saw that cloning Carson worked
I doubt it. A Michael clone could be dangerous to Michael, because he could challenge the rule of Michael. And I totally just had a Being John Malkovich moment.

TheRandomOne
November 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I doubt it. A Michael clone could be dangerous to Michael, because he could challenge the rule of Michael. And I totally just had a Being John Malkovich moment.

Not really he could have the clone(s) locked up or something & when he dies the clones are released

Anlaria Onyx
November 7th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I agree, Michael served his time and it was appropriate that Teyla was the one that killed him, if it was anyone else it would have been bad if someone else did. Teyla was the one that had to kill him, they were the one with the history that had to be settled.

jenks
November 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Why would the writers do that now, when the series is ending?

naamiaiset
November 7th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Why would the writers do that now, when the series is ending?
I don't think atlantis had been canceled at the time this was written/filmed.

jenks
November 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I don't think atlantis had been canceled at the time this was written/filmed.

Yeah, but what difference does that make?

naamiaiset
November 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, but what difference does that make?
Difference is, let's just say the clone idea is right or Michael isn't dead, then this episode was likely written with a S6 in mind.

rarocks24
November 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Difference is, let's just say the clone idea is right or Michael isn't dead, then this episode was likely written with a S6 in mind.
Naam, to be completely honest, Michael was going to have to go eventually. Granted, I thought he should have gone in Misbeggotten, that's neither here nor there. The way this episode ended, it was the final goodbye. Teyla had her closure.

naamiaiset
November 7th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Naam, to be completely honest, Michael was going to have to go eventually. Granted, I thought he should have gone in Misbeggotten, that's neither here nor there. The way this episode ended, it was the final goodbye. Teyla had her closure.
I know, I'm just saying.

jelgate
November 7th, 2008, 07:19 PM
It was time for him to go. He was starting to get stale and boring since the end of S4

Amakusa
November 7th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Not really he could have the clone(s) locked up or something & when he dies the clones are released

The problem with that is when the clone wakes up he won't know how the other one died, and he'll just make the same mistake the other Michael did.

In which case he'd be just like Baal, aka the Stargate version of Kenny from South Park.

TraK
November 8th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Goodbye Michael. At least he died with some style. A nice fight up high on the tower, with a very epic long shot. When that happened, i knew that Michael's time was over. He was going out with a big finish.

Although why didn't he just go through the open gate?

Platschu
November 8th, 2008, 01:01 AM
I hope he won't return as a clone. They made this move already at Baal and Beckett, so I hope it won't happen ever in SG history. :o

Sasso
November 8th, 2008, 03:07 AM
While I loved Micheal. This seemed the fitting moment for him to go.

rsanchez
November 8th, 2008, 06:04 AM
I don't think a Michael Clone would have been a threat to Michael. Look at Ba'al, he had at least ten clones, and he was still the System Lord wannabe we all knew. Michael could have killed them all anyway when his grand plan came to fruition, just as Ba'al killed a lot of his clones when he captured Adria.

Ikaros
November 8th, 2008, 07:37 AM

You mean after this episodes ending? It would be redicullus for this char to continue.
Without this episodes ending he could have escaped with the baby's DNA and keep coming back for Teyla. Maybe even try to become more human for her sake, or something.

Infinite-Possibilities
November 8th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I was underwhelmed by his final end. I don't personally object to Teyla being the one who did it, but I was hoping he'd get some clever last words or some sort of good dialogue during a final fight. I'd actually hoped for him to survive and then come up with something grandiose one more time that effected the whole galaxy and the Wraith, before Todd killed him to save the galaxy...for himself of course.

balupton
November 8th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I loved Michael, and would be one of my favourite characters of the Stargate series... So I want him to continue on. I think it was also a bad decision to kill him, than to lock him up, he would serve a valuable purpose being alive - providing information, trading agreements, etc. It is stupid to kill such an asset.

It does seem that the writers where pretty adamant about this decision, as his whole plan was foiled due to his judgement becoming clouded. Really he should of kidnapped taylor, and just brought a bloody big bomb with him, in and out within 5 minutes, and everybody dies.

Yeah, I think back in the days where Michael was a good bad guy (before this episode) myself and him shared similar patterns of thought. If I just so happened to find a way to kill wraith when they feed, and site effect is half the humans die, during my research, I would probably go for it.

I doubt that he would of cloned himself, that has been done to death, and will just be lame if it happens here. I strongly think they should of locked him up in Area 51 or at the bottom of Atlantis in a cell, and that Tayla should be put under review for such a stupid on-the-spot decision. It really seems that the Atlantis writers have started sacrificing realism and logic for dramatic effect these days - as said here also:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=60903#3

Korean_Turtle87
November 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
my favorite michael centric ever