PDA

View Full Version : Michael is still (spoilers from this episode)

The6thRace
November 7th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Michael is still alive. When he was falling toward the end, the Asgard from 'The Lost Tribe' beamed him aboard their ship. Together, they will get revenge on Atlantis.

Earthgate Ricky
November 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM
ding-dong! the witch is dead!

rarocks24
November 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Michael is still alive. When he was falling toward the end, the Asgard from 'The Lost Tribe' beamed him aboard their ship. Together, they will get revenge on Atlantis.
LOL

There's always fanfiction for that.

TheRandomOne
November 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM

Nope he cloned himself just watch

airic82
November 7th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I don't understand why Atlantis keeps killing off it's villains so easily. What I LOVED about SG-1 was that they just kept developing and adding layers to villains, but Atlantis seems content to kill everyone off. I mean look at all the Genii they killed (Colm Meany's character for example), then there was the short lived Replicators (they were around for half a year), and now Michael, who I think was the best villain for Atlantis.

I sure hope you're right and Michael is somehow alive. My thought was that he's cloned himself (like Carson), but that would be very Baal like. Either way, the episode was great, but I'm very frustrated with a "loss" of my favorite. To have him escape might have been dodgy though, that I admit, so in terms of story it was best. I'll miss him.

Earthgate Ricky
November 7th, 2008, 07:17 PM

I guessed that Michael successed on Carson Beckett's clone then he cloned himself with a bit of DNA from Michael Jackson ( LOL) :lol:

Jackson Yee
November 7th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Unfortunately, it's unlikely that the Lost Tribe had beaming technology, otherwise they could have simply beamed their people in and out of Atlantis versus using their suits and floor drill. ;-)

At least we got to see one timeline in the Lost Man where Michael took over everything. If Woolsey hadn't called off the search for him when he took over Atlantis, this all might have been settled much earlier with both the Wraith and the Atlantis Expedition on his tail.

jelgate
November 7th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Now that is really far fetched. Don't you think Teyla or Sheppard would have seen that or Atlantis' sensors would had detected it

rarocks24
November 7th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Atlantis didn't really have sensors and/or they weren't paying attention at the time. They were in the process of transitioning.

Pharaoh Atem
November 7th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Asgard Micheal :rolleyes:

the fifth man
November 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Sadly, I think Michael is gone for good.:( He was a great villain, and I will miss him.

Vis Uban
November 7th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Sadly, I think Michael is gone for good.:( He was a great villain, and I will miss him.

Yes, I believe Michael has gone the way of Betamax.

jelgate
November 7th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Atlantis didn't really have sensors and/or they weren't paying attention at the time. They were in the process of transitioning.The senors are automatic and Michael was plunged after power was restored to Atlantis

Daniela
November 7th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Well Tayla did allude to the fact that someone might try to take Michael's place. But even though Michael was a hybrid, I could still see Connor Trinneer's total hottiness.

AscendedThor
November 8th, 2008, 02:14 AM
my first thoughts were that he might have fell into the water and swam away to the mainland or something.
but in the end of the episode they confirmed he was dead and i doubt they would say that if his body was never found.
since this is the last season i'm pretty sure there will be no michael clones. (only in fanfiction).

it is sad however that we didn't get to know anything about his past when he was a wraith.
if he was such a genius scientist than he must be very old, probably much older than todd.

Platschu
November 8th, 2008, 02:23 AM
He can be saved:

- mayb e he felt into an other dimension with a clocking device / personal shield
- maybe his people put a giant springboard, so he will return in any minutes
- maybe he activated a weapon on his arm, which fired a rope to the tower
- maybe McKay's jumper was under him in cloak and Rodney didn't notice he saved accidentally him
- maybe a giant whale will rescue him, but it won't happen, because Atlantis was moved to other planet
- maybe he became a Goa'uld host or they will put his body into a sarcophagus, so he will be alive
- maybe he ascended as he was falling down
- maybe he wanted to rest to next Dr. Heightmayer (sorry Falcon Horus! :D)
- Teyla dreamed his death, when the city was destroyed by self-destructing
- maybe the whole series is a dream and Dr. Beckett is still sitting on the chair in Antarctica

:D :D :D

Anubis-
November 8th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I really hope, that Michael is dead. He was great enemy and so on, but it is so old and we seen all what Michael-character can give to show.

Earthgate Ricky
November 8th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Well Tayla did allude to the fact that someone might try to take Michael's place. But even though Michael was a hybrid, I could still see Connor Trinneer's total hottiness.

you can see more of Connor on repeated Star Trek in ScFi channel.
he look good in shirtless.

EternalAlteran
November 8th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Lost Tribe scenario = unlikely, they have no ordinary beaming tech, otherwise they could have beamed Mckay, Jackson and the computer just out of Atlantis and didn't need to risk their lives.

Cloning = nope, Michael wants to rule supreme, otherwise we would get a new Ba'al situation.

rsanchez
November 8th, 2008, 06:46 AM
I have to admit this is bittersweet. On the one hand, we finally got him! What a way to go. On the other hand, it was too easy, and who are we going to fight now? Are we just going to pick a random queen and chase her around the galaxy?

Vala_M
November 8th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I don't understand why Atlantis keeps killing off it's villains so easily. What I LOVED about SG-1 was that they just kept developing and adding layers to villains, but Atlantis seems content to kill everyone off. I mean look at all the Genii they killed (Colm Meany's character for example), then there was the short lived Replicators (they were around for half a year), and now Michael, who I think was the best villain for Atlantis.

I sure hope you're right and Michael is somehow alive. My thought was that he's cloned himself (like Carson), but that would be very Baal like. Either way, the episode was great, but I'm very frustrated with a "loss" of my favorite. To have him escape might have been dodgy though, that I admit, so in terms of story it was best. I'll miss him.

At least they're killing them off and it wasn't like Apophis staying on the show for 5 years, which I found annoying, I don't know how many people liked that they did that though. I will confess that I liked Ba'al's 5 years on the show but to me, Ba'al was very clever and had charm and he helped Earth out sometimes, the same can't be said about Apophis.

I am not happy about Kolya returning and torturing Sheppard in next week's episode unless it turns out for a good reason and he actually gets killed for real this time.

Vala,

IrishPisano
November 8th, 2008, 09:50 AM
ok
so

Ba'al cloned himself and his ba'als...

Michael cloned Beckett

TPTB are obviously more infavor of cloning than the ppl that wrote Spiderman in the 90s and Goerge Lucas...

so who's to say that Micahel did not clone himself?

oh, and who's to say that he's dead?
notice that they never said he was dead... just "out of the picture"

Michael will be back
either as himself

or a clone

kymeric
November 8th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Hey i LIKED the clone saga in spidey! :-p

BEN REILLY LIVES

crowmagnumman
November 8th, 2008, 10:56 AM
I hate it when good villains die. Killing off Michael was a bad idea. And I also wish Apophis would come back. He was the best Stargate villain ever.

jenks
November 8th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I hate it when good villains die. Killing off Michael was a bad idea. And I also wish Apophis would come back. He was the best Stargate villain ever. I'm also extremely glad Kolya is coming back. His previous death was so lame. Nobody played by Robert Davi should die like that. It was so silly and anti-climactic.

He's not.

FallenAngelII
November 8th, 2008, 11:09 AM
In Stargate, even when people say that someone is dead, they come back.

Carson, Elizabeth, etc.

razzel_daxxel
November 8th, 2008, 11:16 AM
He will be back lol,

Tayla said at the end that someone will replace him!!

However it may be that one of the SGA movies are about the return of the Hybrids

Also on the subject of cloning, you forgot to mention that Loki cloned Col. O'Niel and also there where the Andriod Clones of SG1!!!

VIVA LOS CLONES!!!!! :jack::jack::sam::sam::tealc::tealc::daniel::daniel:

Semmer
November 8th, 2008, 11:45 AM
If they bring back michael from that fall I'll boycott atlantis! But if they clone him, I'll just curse TPTB to Ne'tu (http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/planets/links/netu.shtml)!

ziga1980
November 8th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I really hope, that Michael is dead. He was great enemy and so on, but it is so old and we seen all what Michael-character can give to show.

no, we've only seen what the lame producers let us to see. there's so much we could have done with Michael. it's like they present us with a whole lot of new possibilities for Micheal plot and than they kill him. wtf??? he said he's never been stronger. he talked about the wealth of knowledge the jumper provided him with. he harvested the dna from the baby. damm. if the only thing the producers of the show can come up with after all this is killing him than they're outright stupid. if they wanted to kill him they could have done it in his first ep or at least in some sort of fashion. that's not a way for such a villain to go.

on the other hand he was very fond of cloning. although if they bring him back and say this one was a clone it would be disappointing. he would never have shared his power with a clone. he would either rule the galaxy or die trying. that would be his way. not the chicken stuff with hundreds of clones.

crowmagnumman
November 8th, 2008, 04:14 PM
He's not.

Oh yeah. That could be spoiler. I should have thought about that. I'll edit it out of my original post. But then maybe you mean that it actually isn't him? If so, bummer. I was hoping he actually survived to return in that episode.

WarGrowlmon18
November 8th, 2008, 04:21 PM

Nah: they'd have detected that and the Asgard can't cloak those ships. No way he survived.

WarGrowlmon18
November 8th, 2008, 04:26 PM

No. Sometimes they overuse villans before finally killing them off. I agree about the Replicators, but maybe they just couldn't figure out how else to continue that storyline. I never liked the Genii, at least they're bringing back Koyla next week (hopefully he finally dies too) but he's one of the villans I'm sick of. I got sick of Ba'al, Anubis, Koyla and Michael. They just kept using them after they kept apparently getting killed and it was just getting old. They pulled it off with Apophis but that was it. With both Ba'al and Michael I could hardly believe that they were really dead, but they are. I think they finally killed off Michael due to the show ending otherwise they'd have probably had him escape again.

WarGrowlmon18
November 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM

I think she just meant as a threat to them.

WarGrowlmon18
November 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM

Oh yes. I've been sick of him since he first appeared.

WarGrowlmon18
November 8th, 2008, 04:40 PM
no, we've only seen what the lame producers let us to see. there's so much we could have done with Michael. it's like they present us with a whole lot of new possibilities for Micheal plot and than they kill him. wtf??? he said he's never been stronger. he talked about the wealth of knowledge the jumper provided him with. he harvested the dna from the baby. damm. if the only thing the producers of the show can come up with after all this is killing him than they're outright stupid. if they wanted to kill him they could have done it in his first ep or at least in some sort of fashion. that's not a way for such a villain to go.

on the other hand he was very fond of cloning. although if they bring him back and say this one was a clone it would be disappointing. he would never have shared his power with a clone. he would either rule the galaxy or die trying. that would be his way. not the chicken stuff with hundreds of clones.

You obviously misunderstood what he said: he said that all of his resources were destroyed by the team (mentioned in The Seed), but he considered himself as strong as ever due to his great resolve. I think he meant a wealth of information about how to infiltrate Atlantis. And that thing with cloning the baby was just creepy so I'm glad they didn't explore that.

Nitegate
November 9th, 2008, 02:18 AM

NO WAY would he clone himself, he wants to live, if he cloned himself it wouldn't be him in a sense of conciousness, Michael was too selfish to clone himself.

and the person who started this thread, i've read your other threads, you come up with some far out ideas.

and fan fiction stinks.

Colonel Eriksen
November 9th, 2008, 03:15 AM
well Baal cloned himself so maybe Michael has too

we can never know for sure

Freek
November 9th, 2008, 03:41 AM
I'm happy that they don't have another season so that we can stay and find out how this villain managed to survive. I think villains who are dead, should stay dead in most cases. I liked how they did it with Apophys on SG-1. But the Ba'al, Carson and Weir revival storylines weren't believable and kind've ruined every death on the show afterwards, because every time someone dies you figure "oh, they'll come back anyway" and it loses its emotional impact.

YutheGreat
November 9th, 2008, 04:54 AM

Todd is a greater villian. Michael is more evil villian. Anyway I was actually hoping Michael would survive this fight somehow. I wanted him to live more than I wanted Shepard to succeed. He could have jumped into a puddle jumper fire a few drones into the hatch and fly away in cloak.

I suspect MIchael did clone himself. A reserve version of himself in case he dies. I mean he could have taken the entire city if he called reinforcements from his legion of hybrids. He could even have brought some of the super Wraith

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
November 9th, 2008, 05:09 AM
This Michael is definitely dead. Clones and AU versions however....

ha'tak_
November 9th, 2008, 05:34 AM
ok
so

Ba'al cloned himself and his ba'als...

Michael cloned Beckett

TPTB are obviously more infavor of cloning than the ppl that wrote Spiderman in the 90s and Goerge Lucas...

so who's to say that Micahel did not clone himself?

Michael will be back
either as himself

or a clone

i dont thing so , because then it whould have been to smieler to baal

IrishPisano
November 9th, 2008, 06:35 AM
This Michael is definitely dead. Clones and AU versions however....

prove it

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
November 9th, 2008, 06:40 AM
prove it

We all saw him fall off the top tower, there's no way he could of survived that.

The Prophet
November 9th, 2008, 06:52 AM
We all saw him fall off the top tower, there's no way he could of survived that.

Wraith have secret gliding flaps of skins on their arms. It's a throwback to their bug wings...?

It wasn't covered that well in the past 5 seasons. But Michael glided to the mainland...

IrishPisano
November 9th, 2008, 07:00 AM

we all saw the hive ship blow up, there was no way he could have survived that... oh wait...

2. did you see his dead body? no
3. did you see him hit the ground? no

4. did anyone say he was DEAD? NO...... THIS IS IMPORTANT... they only said he was "out of the picture" note: they explicitly avoided saying he was dead...

5. Todd's 10,000 years old AT LEAST.... there is a lot about the wraith physiology that we do not know...

6. no dead body
7. no pronouncement of death

prion
November 9th, 2008, 07:26 AM

Ah, wishful thinking, but no, he went SPLAT! on the pier. Yes!

jelgate
November 9th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Ah, wishful thinking, but no, he went SPLAT! on the pier. Yes!He could have gone splat on the water but at that height it is going to hurt just as much

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
November 9th, 2008, 07:59 AM
we all saw the hive ship blow up, there was no way he could have survived that... oh wait...

2. did you see his dead body? no
3. did you see him hit the ground? no

4. did anyone say he was DEAD? NO...... THIS IS IMPORTANT... they only said he was "out of the picture" note: they explicitly avoided saying he was dead...

5. Todd's 10,000 years old AT LEAST.... there is a lot about the wraith physiology that we do not know...

6. no dead body

We also know that the Jumper went missing, there's no way he could have survived the explosion but we do he could have escaped easily.

1. Dead you see him fall from a great height? yes

2. Do things usually hit the floor after falling due to gravity? yes

You want a pronouncement of death? HE'S DEAD!

Shan Bruce Lee
November 9th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Hey i LIKED the clone saga in spidey! :-p

BEN REILLY LIVES

"NooOo0oo..." - Darth Vader

Shan Bruce Lee
November 9th, 2008, 09:01 AM

But it was established in the episode before the Hive blew up that the puddle-jumper was stolen. There was nothing in this episode to suggest he survived.

"...explicitly avoided..."? So unless they say 100% without a doubt "HE'S DEAD" then it didn't happen?

I don't really see what Todd's age has to do with anything but we've seen Wraith impaled by Wraith Stunners and stabbed to death so we know they're not invincible.

6. no dead body

lol you already said #6 in #2 and #7 in #4

Lythisrose
November 9th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Michael, Beckett and Ba'al
Sounds like the opening line for a children's nursery rhyme.

Michael, Beckett and Ba'al
Came running down the hall
But then they got stunned,
Which ended the fun
And they didn't get dinner at all.

or some such nonsense :o

rsanchez
November 9th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Wouldn't it have been awesome if they brought in clone Colonel O'neill to command Atlantis? "God, I missed going offworld."

jenks
November 9th, 2008, 11:47 AM
No it wouldn't, it would be ****ing awful.

jds1982
November 9th, 2008, 01:06 PM
If they were to bring Michael back it would probably be as a clone. If that happened I imagine they'd explain it like this, the Michael who died in this episode was the clone, and he would have had some defect designed into his DNA that would kill him (like Carson), which would guarentee loyalty. It could also explain why Michael looked so unhealthy in this episode.

IrishPisano
November 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM
my whole point, is that there was never any explicit statement or irrefutable on-screen proof that Michael is 100% irreversibly dead...

is it possible he's dead? absolutely
in fact it is highly probably that he is

HOWEVER

it is also possible that he is still alive...

i'm not saying he is
i am merely saying that based on what was shown and what was said, that we cannot draw a conclusive unequivocal irrefutable inarguable conclusion about him...

Finger13
November 9th, 2008, 01:25 PM

Michael has been around since season 2, I'd hardly call that killing him off quickly. Asurans were lame, the writers didn't make them into very good villains, so I was glad to see them go before being dragged on forever like in SG-1.

Shepperd gets captured by Kolya in what I believe is the next episode, so he hasn't been killed off somehow.

Not to mention Todd, whose loyalty is ambiguous.

I'd rather see villains come and go. The Goa'uld were great, and I absolutely loved how Ba'al had so many layers of character. But honestly, by the time he had cloned himself and was impossible to kill and was always meddling, I had kind of grown tired of him.

I am not really sad to see Michael go. He had a good run, let him die tactfully, not in a drawn out ordeal.

paulanthony
November 9th, 2008, 01:43 PM
My guess is that Michael will be back, in an infected Ronan. Did you notice that when he said 'time for one more trophy' he appeared to cut Ronan before the camera panned away. My guess is that he smeared a few droplets of his blood into Ronan's wounds, and Ronan is now infected with Michaels blood and will begin 'to turn' at some point.

The6thRace
November 9th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I always never really liked Michael just because I have a stigma of Conner Trineer (sp?). Just seeing him in science fiction again brought back horrific memories of another science fiction television show he was in for 4 seasons. I wasn't glad to see him die, but I also wouldn't care if he had made it out.

Normally I would say that we would definitely see Michael again - especially with the people who write the show now, they are very fond of bringing back dead people (the most tired cliche in TV history). However, because of Atlantis' shortened run and limited number of movies, I'd say he might stay dead, if just because of a lack of space to fit him in somewhere.

rsanchez
November 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
No it wouldn't, it would be ****ing awful. Why? I personally thought he was a great base commander, and it will essentially be the same O'neill, just at a different age.

Muh_tuttles
November 9th, 2008, 03:41 PM
WAAAAAAAAAA

Michael's dead :(

I feel so sad. I LOVED THAT DEAR OLD INTENT-ON-REVENGE WRAITH!!!!! now i only have rodney to drool over :(

jenks
November 9th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Loads of reasons. It's a bit of a tacky gimmick for starters, plus no one can play O'neill like RDA, not to mention he fact that he looks nothing like Jack at all!

Vala_M
November 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Asurans were lame, the writers didn't make them into very good villains, so I was glad to see them go before being dragged on forever like in SG-1.

They misused the Asurans because they were afraid that they would be unbeatable, just like how they only fired a drone at a time instead of waves and there was no drone fire from the Asuran homeworld during "Be All My Sins Remember'd" despite the dialog indicating it would happen.

Vala,

Vala_M
November 9th, 2008, 09:18 PM
My guess is that Michael will be back, in an infected Ronan. Did you notice that when he said 'time for one more trophy' he appeared to cut Ronan before the camera panned away. My guess is that he smeared a few droplets of his blood into Ronan's wounds, and Ronan is now infected with Michaels blood and will begin 'to turn' at some point.

I thought that he was just going to take his dreadlocks as a trophy.

Vala,

Nitegate
November 9th, 2008, 09:44 PM

that is the dumbest thing said on this thread, no maybe it was the first post on the 6th race, they come out with far out ideas.

Vala,

nope, he was gonna take his head, remember on the season finale of 4 how he took the wraith queens head, it's only obvious.

people really need to stop analizing stuff and just enjoy the show, it's a great show that's gonna be missed, all most people do is judge the writing and stories.

Rickington
November 9th, 2008, 10:16 PM
He can be saved:
- maybe the whole series is a dream and Dr. Beckett is still sitting on the chair in Antarctica

:D :D :D

ROFL!

That's great! :jack_new_anime06:

paulanthony
November 10th, 2008, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE=Sokar_The_Wraith;9206244]that is the dumbest thing said on this thread, no maybe it was the first post on the 6th race, they come out with far out ideas.[QUOTE]

What makes you say that? it is a perfectly plausable scenario especially when you consider that there is an upcoming episode, episode 517, entitled "Infection"

shrap
November 10th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Why are there spoilers about a future episode? I thought these threads were meant to be clear of info about future episodes?

Col.Ads
November 10th, 2008, 04:19 AM
I always never really liked Michael just because I have a stigma of Conner Trineer (sp?). Just seeing him in science fiction again brought back horrific memories of another science fiction television show he was in for 4 seasons. I wasn't glad to see him die, but I also wouldn't care if he had made it out.

Horrific.... more like devastatingly horrific and complete and utter tripe

As for Michael he is dead end of story, unless he made a clone with has now been done to death.

Yes Ford survived a fall but that was no where near as high and also he was being flooded with the enzyme at the time, Micheal fall was much higher and death would have been instantaneous

EatLiftSleepRepeat
November 10th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Please let him stay dead this time. Of all plots in atlantis I hated the ones with micheal the most. Teyla should have planted a nine mill in his head to make sure he would die.

ziga1980
November 10th, 2008, 01:39 PM
You obviously misunderstood what he said: he said that all of his resources were destroyed by the team (mentioned in The Seed), but he considered himself as strong as ever due to his great resolve. I think he meant a wealth of information about how to infiltrate Atlantis. And that thing with cloning the baby was just creepy so I'm glad they didn't explore that.

i'm just saying that there is much that they could do with his storyline from this point on. he considered himself as strong as he has ever been so this could be further explored. he's like a chameleon in my opinion. whatever storyline would suit him. it's just a shame he died.

nx01a
November 10th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Wraith have secret gliding flaps of skins on their arms. It's a throwback to their bug wings...?

It wasn't covered that well in the past 5 seasons. But Michael glided to the mainland...I say again, Michael's in the underwater jumper bay fixing the other jumper!

IrishPisano
November 11th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I say again, Michael's in the underwater jumper bay fixing the other jumper!

given some of the other crap i've seen from the writers this season, i'd actually believe that...

the question still remains though, what actually happened to him...

maybe he survived, but was unconscious, and now he's under 24-hour armed guard....

Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper
November 11th, 2008, 11:28 AM
If they actually bring him back then it renders this entire episode redundant, and erodes the series' credibility further.

nx01a
November 11th, 2008, 05:46 PM
He's at the whim and fancy of the writers. I wanted Beckett to kill him, so there might still be a chance for that later. *groan*

Giantevilhead
November 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Maybe Michael implanted a chip with his memories and genetic code inside Carson. Now that Michael is dead, the chip has activated and will turn Carson into Michael. /Batman: RotJ

IrishPisano
November 12th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Maybe Michael implanted a chip with his memories and genetic code inside Carson. Now that Michael is dead, the chip has activated and will turn Carson into Michael. /Batman: RotJ

where has it been said that Michael's dead?

disclaimer: i pretty much think he's dead... but, as you all very well know, when it comes to TV... even if your head's chopped off nowadays, and you're sent through a meat grinder, it doesn't mean your dead if the writers don't want you to be dead... remember Cleaver from Sopranos?
exactly...

NateyC8
November 12th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone thinks Micheal is toast or not? I mean we are about to see
<mod insert-spoiler for next week episode>
Kolya raised from the dead, and we all thought the Asgards were goners! Beckett was revived in the form of a clone and hell even Ford came back like three times and theres still a question mark. Can anyone really stay dead on Atlantis??

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/04853b5df7.jpg

IrishPisano
November 13th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Just wondering if anyone thinks Micheal is toast or not? I mean we are about to see
<mod insert-spoiler for next week episode>
Kolya raised from the dead, and we all thought the Asgards were goners! Beckett was revived in the form of a clone and hell even Ford came back like three times and theres still a question mark. Can anyone really stay dead on Atlantis??

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/04853b5df7.jpg

1. Beckett 2.0 is obviously not the original Beckett... he's a clone
2. Asgard 2.0 were not in Ida during the mass suicide...

so neither of their "returns" would be the same as Michael's

nx01a
November 13th, 2008, 01:37 PM
They misused the Asurans because they were afraid that they would be unbeatable, just like how they only fired a drone at a time instead of waves and there was no drone fire from the Asuran homeworld during "Be All My Sins Remember'd" despite the dialog indicating it would happen.

Vala,EXACTLY! They were my favourite villains of all Stargate! Replicators with full command of Ancient tech who hated us simply because we were their creators' favourites. The very premise of such a race makes them virtually unbeatable, but tptb didn't think about that when they first introduced them. And the whole lack of any visible Wraith vs Asuran 'war' on the show was just dumb. The biggest battles since the Ancients vs the Wraith and we saw none of it. Only bring in a villain if you know how the hero will beat him. Don't resort to destroying the basic premise of the villain because, whoops, we made them too powerful. I hate BAMSR.

Vala,EXACTLY. It would have been hilarious if he took off a lock, but I figured he was going to kill him, cut off the head just like he did the queen in 'The Last Man'.

StarOcean
November 13th, 2008, 02:33 PM

I think the doctors would have found that chip when they checked Clone Carson over. Though you might be on something there. Following your thought, maybe the clone's dna has something that activates on Michael's death. It sounds silly, but this is SGA. I'm sure they can bang up an explanation.

Also? Return of the Joker was awesome! We got to see the seriousness of the threat that Joker is. Batman Beyond's Joker and Nolan's Joker are the two best televised versions of Joker.

Lord batchi ball
November 13th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Vala,

Thats what I thought when he bent over then he started for the neck, and i'm like nope, hes going for the kill.

But Micheal is dead, the guy fell off a tower that is really really high, and there are only a handful of episodes left, so i doubt they would use those to bring a guy back from the dead for the thrid time or so.

nx01a
November 13th, 2008, 03:54 PM
If the trauma of the fall caused Michael's regenerative backup plan to kick in and he changes into the young, nubile and busty Michaela... I can see that happening on SGA. Definitely.

MIZA
November 13th, 2008, 08:05 PM

please .............. he'll come back look at Kolya!!!!

jenks
November 13th, 2008, 09:49 PM
What about him?

nx01a
November 13th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Been dead since the last Lucius appearance. Hopefully, he'll stay that way... just like Michael.

Michael had a good death. Please don't undo it, writers.

Ouroboros
November 14th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Well since this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI) sprang right to mind I mind as well post it. It's stangely appropriate, maybe even moreso for the expedition's various "scientific ventures" than Michael's.:D

Mitchell82
November 16th, 2008, 11:22 AM

I seriously doubt it. The Asgard hate the Wraith they would never work with them and we don't know if they have beaming tech.

IrishPisano
November 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I seriously doubt it. The Asgard hate the Wraith they would never work with them and we don't know if they have beaming tech.

someone can't grasp a joke

rogue12
November 17th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Lost Tribe scenario = unlikely, they have no ordinary beaming tech, otherwise they could have beamed Mckay, Jackson and the computer just out of Atlantis and didn't need to risk their lives.

Cloning = nope, Michael wants to rule supreme, otherwise we would get a new Ba'al situation.

well we cant be sure about beaming because atlantis sheild could have been up and as we a goauld shield is enough to block asgard beam from episode the revelations. however it is kinda silly the idea that the pegasus asgard would wanna save michael when they most likely never knew about him.

Ellaneshka
November 17th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I am going to assume that Michael lives on;) Connor is amazing!

LT.Adams
November 18th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Spoilers for Prodigal is he dead. He knows how to clone and Ba'al had a bunch of clones. so i dont think we have seen the last of him.just want to know what other think.

Jumper_One
November 18th, 2008, 03:18 PM
he's dead

MasterChief writes: “As for Atlantis you recently said there’d be a significant death of a familiar character in the remaining episodes of season 5. Were you referring to Michael in The Prodigal?”

Answer: I was.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/11/12/november-12-2008-david-anthony-durham-answers-your-questions-spinning-stargate-universe-day-two/

Anon
November 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM
he knows how to clone ba'al? i missed that.

Melak
November 18th, 2008, 06:52 PM
he knows how to clone like ba'al...

dead, dead, deader then dead, dead as a doornail, dead as in "There is no believable way he could have survived a multiple story drop like that" dead.

Raeth
November 18th, 2008, 07:13 PM
He's dead, dead, dead in an I-really-hope-he's-actually-dead sort of way.

Although, I must admit, he made a good villian.

bungeeguy245
November 18th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I have mentioned this in other posts. I am getting real tired of everyone who freaking died coming back to life. I think in the movie Michael will be back and then just when we are about to get our ass whipped by the Lost Tribe, Thor will miraculousy show up and help out. They have run out of ways to try and shock us without the preverbial dead guy coming back due to some trick. Let's see who we have had come back; Daniel, Sam, Jack, Teal'c, Becket, Frasier, Apophis, Anubis, Daniel again, the rebel in Evolution Part 2, Vala, Kowalski, Commander Koyla, Weir, the Ancients (The Return), the Replicators being destroyed in SG-1 to be brought back in Atlantis, The Asgrad,and Ba'al with all of his clones. Have I missed any? That is at least 17 times they have used this plot twist. Enough is enough. If you are dead, stay dead.

senois
November 19th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Watched Michael fall of the tower tonight and I dont think he will surive that one.Great episode I tought Ronan had bought the farm coming of that balcony.A bit of a crunch when he hit.A great fight scene.:ronan:

ori soldier
November 21st, 2008, 01:32 PM
I have mentioned this in other posts. I am getting real tired of everyone who freaking died coming back to life. I think in the movie Michael will be back and then just when we are about to get our ass whipped by the Lost Tribe, Thor will miraculousy show up and help out. They have run out of ways to try and shock us without the preverbial dead guy coming back due to some trick. Let's see who we have had come back; Daniel, Sam, Jack, Teal'c, Becket, Frasier, Apophis, Anubis, Daniel again, the rebel in Evolution Part 2, Vala, Kowalski, Commander Koyla, Weir, the Ancients (The Return), the Replicators being destroyed in SG-1 to be brought back in Atlantis, The Asgrad,and Ba'al with all of his clones. Have I missed any? That is at least 17 times they have used this plot twist. Enough is enough. If you are dead, stay dead.

i'm getting tired of ppl dieing as well and dont shoot me for saying this.. i wish beckett had stayed dead but that being said a main character dieing in one ep isnt rely dieing as they are of course guna be in next ep but of course for daniel who being brought bak made sense unlike that sentence.

you cant count ppl being brought back for one episode who are still dead in reality like kowalski and fraiser im discounting sam jack teal'c daniel and vala as they are main characters and only one has died for more than an ep the rebel coming bak was kinda the whole idea of the plot of evolution, weir was never actually seen to have died they just mentioned it in passing, the ancients were brought bak for one ep and then killed off so stop complaining i agree with replicators the asgard were to make another enemy and i liked that and it made sense.

Baal was never said to be dead till continuum so i agree with ur point on beckett and the replicators the rest is just rubbish

and im guna sum all that up with this

do you even watch science fiction? cause if u did ud be pretty used to it by now and believe me stargate is not by any means the worst just look at doctor who

Dragon_Heart
November 24th, 2008, 12:15 PM

dude, that guy survived many certain deaths....do you not remember search and rescue? he stole a puddle jumper, if anything, he's a resilient little bugger:P
anyway, he was most definately my favourite villain, and the irony of it is, if we didn't "play with his insides" (quote from jennifer in one atlantis ep, cannot remember wich one) he wouldn't be the way he is. in fact, he'd probably just be a wraith commander fighting in the civil war between the wraith.

IrishPisano
November 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
dude, that guy survived many certain deaths....do you not remember search and rescue? he stole a puddle jumper, if anything, he's a resilient little bugger:P
anyway, he was most definately my favourite villain, and the irony of it is, if we didn't "play with his insides" (quote from jennifer in one atlantis ep, cannot remember wich one) he wouldn't be the way he is. in fact, he'd probably just be a wraith commander fighting in the civil war between the wraith.

indeed

"we" as in SGA have created our own worst enemy...

this is a very powerful theme in literature... and yet one that is not ever really explored on SGA... just mentioned...

Phoenix42
August 20th, 2009, 08:28 PM

I agree, Michael was my favourite also. They just have to bring him back somehow. Clonning would be a good one, but I guess it has been done before. BRING MICHAEL BACK.

obsidian1771
September 22nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
I agree with the idea of a Michael Clone. Think about it, would you invade an enemy stronghold without a back-up should anything go royally tats? I think not! Somewhere there is a Michael-Hybrid lab, where some of his hybrids are making a 2nd Michael. No more than this one Clone becuase:

a). They're hybrids, not McKays,

b). The Wraith tend to destroy any advanced tech., so few labs to begin with (+ Atlantis destroyed most of them too), and

c). He isn't Ba'al - no vast territories/access to Asgard Cloning tech., so slow progress = only 1/a few clones.

d). Mikey was (and is) just that good a villain!

kymeric
September 24th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Michael doesnt seem the type to want to have dozens of himself running around. But hes smart enough to have a backup plan, especially if hes going on a dangerous mission. Like if he dosent hit the big green button in his base once a month his clone pops out. We know he can clone people with their full identity intact. So i give it a high probability.