beaming through the stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beaming through the stargate?

ok i was wondering if it would be possible to beam through the gate? i mean obviously its possible to transmit a matterstream through a wromhole because the obelisks pretty much did that in the quest but do you think it would be possible without a recieving device on the other planet?
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

No, because sensors have never been shown to work through stargates. You would need the transporter sensors to place a destination. Rings might work though.
    supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

They can project holograms through the Stargate and the hologram allows the user to see and hear everything so sensors would have to work through wormholes.

Comment

^Good point-also Asgard beaming transporters might be better depending on whether or not they need to have a sensor lock on the other side-u could just set the transporter to rematerialise whatevers being transported say 2 meters beyond the Event Horizon, as long as the wormholes not counted as distance (Which if Comunications have proven as they work through gates) then there should'nt be any problems. Beaming something through a gate trying to get something to rematerialise a few km away would be difficult.

Comment

Probably not without a transporter system on the other side. Maybe two 304 or asgard vessel's could beam people towards eachother through the stargate.

Unless we use a beaming tech like the one the runner used to capture keller. It seems to be able to teleport the device along with the object you are transporting.

Comment

I don't think it would be possible what so ever, unless you have a receiving obelisk or ring transporter on the other side.

Comment

or ring transporter on the other side.
              what if the physical rings went through?
              supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

I don't think it is possible. For a few reasons. 1. You would need a target lock, which would require sensors. And 2 you would need a receiving transporter.

The target lock is simple. Without having a sensor platform (A M.A.L.P for instance) you would have no idea where you would be beaming. You could beam them into someone or something. A M.A.L.P would facilitate the sensor for a target lock. However without fore knowledge of knowing that you would need it there, there would be no way of ascertaining what the person would be beaming into.

Second it has been shown that the only way of being able to beam through a gate is having a transported on the other side.

I have done a lot of thinking about this. Because I though about it a while ago. Then I started thinking of what would be involved or needed.

I hope that made sense.
                Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                  They can project holograms through the Stargate and the hologram allows the user to see and hear everything so sensors would have to work through wormholes.
                  Not necessarily. You wouldn't need the precision for a hologram that you would need for a person. A hologram isn't alive as to where a person is. If you project a hologram into a rock. No harm no foul. As for a person.....
                  Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                  End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                    Not necessarily. You wouldn't need the precision for a hologram that you would need for a person. A hologram isn't alive as to where a person is. If you project a hologram into a rock. No harm no foul. As for a person.....
                    The hologram lets the person see and hear everything. In order for that to be possible, there would have to be sensors that could detect through the wormhole.

Comment

the hologram going through is ok, because theoretically its just RF which can go both ways.

you couldnt teleport/ring because that sends a MATTER stream.

but a responsive hologram, i think thats a plot thing, as it does break lore.

Comment

wow. scroll down to the bottom of the page. I think this has been answered before
                        supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X