This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU: How it starts.

Note: This is just speculation on how the show starts and why this group and not some more experienced people…I’m getting this off from the info on Gate World and putting it together.

Ok the young group of people are on a tour of the SGC (or something to that effect) They are the best and brightest fresh out of Collage and have been chosen to work at the SGC... the Senator’s daughter is there because he wants to show her what is really going on and what is really important (you know a kind of life lesson). There is a group of green horns that have been off world maybe once or twice and just completed training and still have a lot to learn and are lead by maybe a SG-# member (some one we met in SG-1 or SGA in a couple episodes). They are touring the base and are going to be going to the Alpha site/Atlantis/ Some other base off world to get the full effect. The green horns are basically their baby sitters (low profile low risk mission).

Thats how it starts now How they get to Ship.... well we'll leave it up to the writers.

maybe a miraculous superanomaly? no i think they're sent because of the nature of the mission. remember atlantis? people sent werent experienced. they were greenhorns selected for their capabilities, not experience.

Comment

The fact that it was said that people sent to the ship were not the intended people to go says that the gorup waiting to go through the gate didn't.... I'll say that it was the Senater's daughter that makes the mistake and this group happend to be the ones going through. hens the green horns.. lack of supplies... very little experiance getting into this situation... it might also be surgested that the Stargate program is a little more out in than what we really think. The thing I think that there going for is that this was suppose to be a short trip that got botched some how and they ened up on the ship. One other thing that I would say is that Senator's daughter is kind of a dimond in the rough, besides her good looks. She just needed a chance to shine.

Comment

I agree that they get on the ship by accident... I would say that the more experienced officers just got killed off in the pilot, but that would not explain the presence of the senator's daughter. There must be some fluke somewhere... I'm definitely interested in seeing how this plays out
        I don't know how to make a fancy signature... so, I'll pull a McKay and think... I've got an idea! My signature: + = true love.... elegant in it's simplicity, yes?

Comment

I doubt the kids will accidentally activate the 9th chevron, and end up on the other side of the universe from the SGC or Atlantis. It will probably happen off-world from a supposedly safe location. I wouldn't rule out the Ancient outpost in Antarctica either. And yes, as others have suggested, I'm sure party girl will be the one to hit the button, pull the switch, whatever.
          sigpic

Comment

So, how long until we see the Daedalus and Odyssey in the show?
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

what i thought when i first read the description is: they figure out what the 9th chevron does and they manage to send people to and from the ship a few times so they think its ok to do it all the time then once the group who end up being the SGU team gate on board Destiny it jumps to the next galaxy and then they are trapped on there and cant get back.

well thats my thought anyway.

Comment

It might be something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_GNPMcJ_zw

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                  So, how long until we see the Daedalus and Odyssey in the show?
                  last episode of the first season, or first episode of the second season.

Comment

...or someone gets cocky, having heard an explanation about the 9th chevron and the gate address. They're bored waiting so they mess with the DHD and find themselves on the ship.?

Comment

You know this whole premise just sounds stupid to me. Also, re-done. This is like the scifi channel's improper cross-bredding of the stargate series and the movie SpaceCamp. For those of us who don't remember this one check it out over at imdb.com. Here is the tagline for that movie: An impossible mistake put them into space. The adventure of their lives will be getting back home.

It is about a bunch of young people who are at the NASA spacecamp to learn to go into space, when accidentaly they are launched into space aboard the shuttle. Hmmmm sounds quite familiar all you have to do is throw in some ancient tech.

COME ON WRITERS, can't you come up with something better. They haven't had an original idea since mid SG-1. Let's face it Atlantis was more or less Stargate's version of Voyager. I will admit though, better than Voyager.

Comment

excellent start makes sense and i think when they go to the destiny going there is actually the mission perhaps in the last episodes of atlantis it will mention the destiny.
                        Tst

Comment

I'm thinking along the same sort of lines. The senator has to be there with his daughter on some kind of tour. Something goes wrong, he is killed and this team are sent through the gate with Chloe. Just what that something that goes wrong is and where they are at the time is anyones guess.
                          sigpic
                          By *E*K*R*

Comment

Here what I think gonna happen. I from what I have read it sought of makes sense.

Is that the SGC as we know, as set up a series of off world bases. One of these is a of world training base, where they they train the raw recruits in the more alien areas of SGC and where the pilots learn to fly to the 302s and where the tech guys get to play with the alien equipment.

The base as being a biggest and best equip, has been chosen to launch the destiny mission . As this involve extensive modifications to the Stargate to dial the the ninth chevron. These modification were made to the stargate by the base crew, an accident happens or they come under attack and they need to abandon the base, with no other way of the based other than the stargate. They activate the stargate, but due the modification they made can only dial the Destiny address, may be it because they needed custom gate dial program or the malfunction prevents them from dialing any other address.

With limited time, a count down to a reactor over load or something, they gather as many supplies and personal and evacuate the base personal the destiny. Most of the people that manages to get off the based are the newly arrive and those near the Stargate.

The senator daughter is explained as she was their to make arrangement the Senator inspection of the base and it facilities and to see where all the tax payers money is going.

A slightly extended explanation of the accident is:

I am guesting that perhaps the accident is the testing of a experimental power source, which they were going to used to provide the power necessary to open a wormhole at such a distance, they were running a tests on it and it overloaded, they decide to open the stargate to the destiny as this would drain the power and provide more time for them evacuate the base personnel with the instructors being the last ones out, of cause the only instructor able to get out is the 40 year old experience commander. The base brains would obviously stay behind to shut down the reactor.

The senator daughter being a VIP and all would of been the first to evacuate, explaining why she their on the destiny.

The limited supplies is because they could only take what had available which was limited because they were awaiting a supply drop by a 304 and could only take what they could carry with their hands.

The above situation would also explain why none of the regulars in SG1 or SGA are going to appear in the premiere, this was said by Mallozi.

I think my above story ideas explain all the stuff we have heard about SGU so far.
                            Sorry for the random nature of my post.

Comment

Maybe the Senator's daughter thought she was just going on a three hour tour?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X