This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU vs. SGA Early Development?

So far for SGU we have a generic description of the premise, a generic character list, and a few concept drawings. More is left to speculaton than fact.

On another thread someone posted a picture of early concept art for Atlantis which was very different than what we got. With only a rough idea of what SGU is going to be at this stage in its production, I'm curious where Stargate Atlantis was at this stage of its developement?

Does anyone have any early info from when Atlantis was in development?

no- not realy, ummmm. talk to pg-15 and tomboldi, they have been around for ever

sigpic
    Sig made by squirrely1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Ask the moderators.

Comment

Atlantis was rushed into production, they were building the set before the first script was finished or the characters fully cast. If you compare the timelines of the two projects Atlantis would have probably already have been filming by now.

Comment

Ja sure the concepts and executing an idea is very different. SGU needs still to be perfected. i cant remember clearly the early production process of SGA, but i kind of expected the right thing. Well, of course i was totally snoopy of the SGA premiere . Anyway, i m not really expecting sth yet from SGU, but in time i want to get an idea.

well, might be out of the topic but whatever
          Spoiler:
          Mission report. Michael invaded Atlantis, tried to blow it up. We stopped him. End of report.

sigpic

Comment

I don't recall specifically how the early development went, other than what's been noted already. However, as far as fan reaction? It's all the same. Many felt that running two series would destroy the quality of SG-1. Many others felt the concept of Atlantis and it's protagonists were going to "dumb down" the show. Many hated it before a single episode was aired, many were 'cautiously optimistic'.

A lot of people felt the worst idea was to cut off all communication from earth. A lot of people felt the best idea was to cut off all communication from earth.

Basically... 90% the same.

Comment

We didn't really know any thing about atlantis that we don't know about Universe at this stage. We had a general idea what it was about, the list of characters and some concept drawings. Until they release the cast list and start shooting, we won't know more.

Perfecto!

Comment

Atlantis was rushed and paint was still drying in the pilot perhaps the same will happen in Sgu
                Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                  Atlantis was rushed and paint was still drying in the pilot perhaps the same will happen in Sgu
                  But we know it isn't, they're taking their time.

Comment

Working...
                  X