This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The recut version of COTG?

Has anything been said about when the recut SG1 series opener will be released?

I don't visit very often, and this time around can't find anything about it.

Originally it sounded like it would be out around Christmas time, now it looks like it will probably be out some time inbetween Atlantis' finale and the premier of Stargate: Universe.

Comment

or did they just change their mind entirely? I think the said this before Atlantis was cancelled a Atlantis movie was announced, maybe they canned COTG. Can anyone prove me wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
        or did they just change their mind entirely? I think the said this before Atlantis was cancelled a Atlantis movie was announced, maybe they canned COTG. Can anyone prove me wrong?
        It is definitely coming out, but Im not sure when. We shot an interview with Brad Wright regarding this and from what I hear, it's not a simple spit and polish clean up.

It's a brand new transfer, brand new viz effects, original Joel Goldsmith music, and re-cut scenes, including some stuff that was removed due to technical problems that weren't solvable 11 years ago.

Should be decent.

Comment

Originally posted by editorguy View Post
          It is definitely coming out, but Im not sure when. We shot an interview with Brad Wright regarding this and from what I hear, it's not a simple spit and polish clean up.

It's a brand new transfer, brand new viz effects, original Joel Goldsmith music, and re-cut scenes, including some stuff that was removed due to technical problems that weren't solvable 11 years ago.

Should be decent.
          And an episode my 8 year old son could probably watch without me fastforwarding through full frontal um... you know. He hasn't watched it since he was 6 but I remember him protesting. Though this was a lot less embarrassing when I first got the COTG on VHS. I had not seen from season 1-4, did not know about that um... spot in the movie. I had my nephew age 6 over (son was taking a nap). I dived so fast for the remote and was so embarrassed! I had watched season 5 and was so not prepared for!
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this. It was a great episode with an embarassingly gratuitous nude scene plopped in for no other reason than that showtime demanded it. I don't really see the need to improve the effects, but, heh, it's not going to hurt anything, and if it makes them happy... It will be interesting to see what they do with the recut. I'm hoping that some new footage that didn't make it's way into the TV version might reappear. I'm also curious to see if that awful line of Carter's about parts on the inside rather than on the outside will survive the re-edit. I don't know how she said that with a straight face.

Comment

I wouldn't call the nude scene embarrassingly gratuitous, in fact it didn't feel that way at all, the writers actually managed to make it work really well.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                I'm really looking forward to this. It was a great episode with an embarassingly gratuitous nude scene plopped in for no other reason than that showtime demanded it. I don't really see the need to improve the effects, but, heh, it's not going to hurt anything, and if it makes them happy... It will be interesting to see what they do with the recut. I'm hoping that some new footage that didn't make it's way into the TV version might reappear. I'm also curious to see if that awful line of Carter's about parts on the inside rather than on the outside will survive the re-edit. I don't know how she said that with a straight face.
                That line was so bad it's become a classic.
                And if they took it out, they'd have to cut lines from Moebius, too.

I do agree with you about the nude scene, though. I think the goa'uld could tell if its potential host's body was hot enough with a bikini on her. They could have put a lot of sequins and sparkles on it and made it believable as goa'uld attire, IMHO.

Comment

I actually didn't see anything horribly wrong with Carter's line so I hope they keep it in. Her character progression from that moment through the end of the series is quite remarkable.

Same with the nude scene. It didn't feel gratuitous to me at all.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

PW: Do you know they're re shooting that two-part episode, "Children of The Gods?"

GW: Did Brad contact you?

PW: Yes, I've been into the studio to do some voice-over work to clean it up. I think pretty much everyone who was in it is doing that. They have said the finished product is going to be a lot crisper, a lost cleaner, a lot clearer and losing one of those pieces of scenes we're talking about. So, it might hold up as a DVD movie

GW: Right. Yeah, I know Fox is very interested. They're also going to trim a lot, according to Brad. They said a lot of dialogue was awkward

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/god_of_night.shtml
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The idea of fox having a say in the editing is pretty nervous-making, but I guess as long as the 'Director's Cut' goes out on DVD.... I wonder how tha addinf dialogue work?

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        PW: Do you know they're re shooting that two-part episode, "Children of The Gods?"

GW: Did Brad contact you?

PW: Yes, I've been into the studio to do some voice-over work to clean it up. I think pretty much everyone who was in it is doing that. They have said the finished product is going to be a lot crisper, a lost cleaner, a lot clearer and losing one of those pieces of scenes we're talking about. So, it might hold up as a DVD movie

GW: Right. Yeah, I know Fox is very interested. They're also going to trim a lot, according to Brad. They said a lot of dialogue was awkward

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/god_of_night.shtml
                        No! Not Carter's line! You know that's what he's talking about.

The idea of fox having a say in the editing is pretty nervous-making, but I guess as long as the 'Director's Cut' goes out on DVD.... I wonder how tha addinf dialogue work?
                        I agree, but can someone explain to me what Fox has to do with this in the first place?

Comment

i'm looking forward to this
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

No! Not Carter's line! You know that's what he's talking about.
                            No, I guess I don't... The nude scene will already have been cut, so that's not an issue - it's one of the primary reasons for doing this in the first place. I can't think of what else Fox would want cut that would make it into the edited version. What are you thinking that it would be?

I agree, but can someone explain to me what Fox has to do with this in the first place?
                            Sounds like Scifi isn't interested. That really surprises me.

Comment

No, I guess I don't... The nude scene will already have been cut, so that's not an issue - it's one of the primary reasons for doing this in the first place. I can't think of what else Fox would want cut that would make it into the edited version. What are you thinking that it would be?

Sounds like Scifi isn't interested. That really surprises me.
                              Just that PW said they were cutting awkward dialogue. That line of Carter's is pretty awkward. But actually, I'm joking.

I'm not surprised by SciFi. They cancelled SG-1, after all. They want new, shiny stuff now.

Comment

Working...
                              X