CGI Stargate DHD Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI Stargate DHD Help?

Since I am creating a CGI Animation like the Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

It has bugged me that the designers of the DHD never took in to account that a Stargate has 38 Glyphs plus the Point of Origin so in total it equals 39 Glyphs.

Designers created a DHD with a Glyph missing only putting 38 Glyphs in total on the DHD.

So I am creating a DHD with all the Glyphs on it and need your help to pick which one to use, I prefer the Version 3 .

v-2 is the best!.

in v-3, the inner glyph ring seems so cluttered up. v-2 covers it up due to the already present large amount of space.

Comment

The DHD only has 38 of the 39 symbols. It prevents Red Sky like events from happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dial-Ho...al-Home_Device
      supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
        The DHD only has 38 of the 39 symbols. It prevents Red Sky like events from happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dial-Ho...al-Home_Device
        True that.

It wasn't an oversight, it was to prevent obstructed or otherwise inaccessible Stargates from being activated. The only way to overcome it is to A) use your own DHD like we did in Red Sky, as supersoldier mentioned or B) Physically dial the gate, which is only possible in SG-1.

So there is no benefit to adding the 39th symbol, as you either wouldn't get a connection, or something could go terribly wrong like Red Sky.

Comment

but thats not the point of this thread

Comment

In the Milky Way, the Dial-Home-Device contains 38 of the 39 symbols on the stargate, meaning there is always a missing glyph on each DHD. This missing glyph however is not the point of origin for that planet. It has been confirmed that the missing glyph on numerous DHDs differs on each planet because of that planet's stargate position in the galaxy. In other words, it acts as a default setting to prevent bad connections to obstructed stargates in the Milky Way. The glyph that is hidden under the pedestal of the stargate, unseen along with the extra two chevrons, cannot be dialed by that stargate's DHD. This states that only certain addresses can be reached in certain positions in the galaxy. The only way to intervene and reach all destinations in the Milky Way is to manually dial the gate, or use an alternative dialer, such as the one at the SGC.
            I say dont worry about the missing glyph since they wont really be seen in an animation or tv series. Look at the series, do you see every glyph of the address when they dial out?

Also, I wanna see the progress on this animation. How far along are you?
            Visit my Website

Comment

39th symbol is the red button, which is the PoO

Earth symbol isn't on the DHD as far as I know

Go Green

Comment

We had 2 symbols did'nt we

1, the classic pyramid with sun

2, the original 3 squiggles-that said they had the pyramid symbol on the Antarctic gate every time they used it (Season 3/4 through to Season 6)

Comment

That is the PoO from the antarctic gate/dhd

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                    39th symbol is the red button, which is the PoO

Earth symbol isn't on the DHD as far as I know
                    Incorrect: the Circle over Line symbol is the point of origin for the Antarctic Gate, and is on the DHD. All seven glyphs must be encoded before the "Big Red Button" can be pushed.
                    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
                    X