PDA

View Full Version : Mobieus and Janet

JackDaniels
November 19th, 2004, 07:41 AM
(BIG SPOILERS in this thread for Season Seven's "Heroes, Part 2" ...)

I know that there is a lot of speculation over the season finale. we know it involves time travel and alternate realities/timelines, we also know that Kawalsky, Hammond, Ra and now Apophis are going to be in it, but does anyone else wonder if Janet Frasier could make a reappearance.

I know I think it would be great if she came back, she was a pivotal part of the SGC for a long time and I miss her being on the show. I think it would make sense to have her there, and would certainly give a sadder tone to SG-1 as they think about everything they've lost over the years.

Any thoughts?
Is there anyone else you think should be in the finale?

Wass
November 19th, 2004, 07:45 AM
I think if she was apearing in season final we would have found out about it by now. I would like sha're to apear in the season final

Major Fischer
November 19th, 2004, 07:48 AM
It was confirmed several months back that TR would NOT be appearing in Moebius. Sorry :(

jennsatt
November 19th, 2004, 08:22 AM
JD -
I'm with you on this one - I'd absolutely love to see her back!
I wish there was some way that what MF said was a rumor, but alas, I fear that it is not. BUT - there's always season 9 now! :)
And as for other characters I'd like to see again - since it's a time travel/AU thing - maybe Martouf? I miss JR too!

BTW - absolutely LOVE your screen name! can't believe it never crossed my mind... ;)

NightGloom
November 19th, 2004, 08:32 AM
*grumbles* 'Course... two great characters (Jonas and Janet) aren't coming back. Like ever.

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
November 19th, 2004, 08:46 AM
TPTB can always change their minds about Janet, and I'm sure they can change TR's mind if she doesn't wanna come back ;)

Besides, maybe they lied? Maybe they do plan on bringing her back they just want it to be a HUGE surprise? Like for The Empire Strikes Back, the cast didn't know that Vader was Luke's dad, they only told Mark Hamill when they were shooting the "I am your father" scene and no one else. The actor playing Vader on the set actually said "Obi Wan killed your father" which would also have been interesting, all things considered. They all found out and *gasped* on the premiere :D

Hopefully, it's what TPTB have in mind and if not, if any of them is reading this *hinthint*

Major Fischer
November 19th, 2004, 09:05 AM
It was confirmed through her agent, so it's almost certain that she will not be in Moebius. She did not want to leave the show, it was not her choice, it was a writing decision.

I doubt they will bring her back because part of the point of killing her was to bring the reality of death to the screen. I hate that they decided they needed to make that point though. I took no pleasure or enjoyment in either of the Heroes episodes.

JackDaniels
November 19th, 2004, 03:41 PM
JD -
I'm with you on this one - I'd absolutely love to see her back!
I wish there was some way that what MF said was a rumor, but alas, I fear that it is not. BUT - there's always season 9 now! :)
And as for other characters I'd like to see again - since it's a time travel/AU thing - maybe Martouf? I miss JR too!

BTW - absolutely LOVE your screen name! can't believe it never crossed my mind... ;)

Thanks! I love it too. Had to be it!
I know it was said she wouldn't be in the finale, I just like to keep hope alive, but as you said, there may be a chance in season 9, esp if RDA's schedule gets cut even more, they may bring back more old characters to compensate and I'm sure they could find a way to do this without diminishing the impact of her death (which definitely wouldn't be compromised if they were using an alternate time line or reality story.)

David85
November 19th, 2004, 05:26 PM
It was confirmed through her agent, so it's almost certain that she will not be in Moebius. She did not want to leave the show, it was not her choice, it was a writing decision.

I doubt they will bring her back because part of the point of killing her was to bring the reality of death to the screen. I hate that they decided they needed to make that point though. I took no pleasure or enjoyment in either of the Heroes episodes.

The point was to show the death of war and battle, they got that point across.

Killing Janus off was dumb, I loved her, they should have just killed Hammond off.

Major Fischer
November 19th, 2004, 05:28 PM
The point was to show the death of war and battle, they got that point across.

Killing Janet off was dumb, I loved her, they should have just killed Hammond off.

I'm not going to disagree with you there. I rather think killing her was short seighted.

TechnoBoY
November 20th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Oh that sucks. I wanna se Janet back! She rocked!

It was short sighted! I dont see the point. I know to show that in war people die and all but I still dont see it. Bad writing decision.

Wass
November 20th, 2004, 07:38 AM
I'm not going to disagree with you there. I rather think killing her was short seighted.

If I remember correctly there was a lot of disagreements between the writers about killing Janet off.

the dancer of spaz
November 20th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Maybe we can look forward to some Season Nine action from Janet and Jonas?!?! (Crosses fingers like mad)

Anything... I'll take ANYTHING with either of them in it, before the series takes a final bow. Those characters were very important to the show and the fandom, and I think they would all be remiss in disregarding that. :P

GuardianKentel
November 20th, 2004, 08:55 PM
I really doubt that Jonas will ever be back as it has been pointed out to me on numorous occations that Jonas is basicly being wiped from the shows memory..... now as for Janet I would love to see her back I think it was a poor writing to decision to kill her... where is the Ancients healing device or a Darn Sarc. when you need one!

the dancer of spaz
November 20th, 2004, 09:06 PM
I really doubt that Jonas will ever be back as it has been pointed out to me on numorous occations that Jonas is basicly being wiped from the shows memory..... now as for Janet I would love to see her back I think it was a poor writing to decision to kill her... where is the Ancients healing device or a Darn Sarc. when you need one!

I agree. Realistically speaking, I know they will never bring either back. It's been too long for them to reintroduce Jonas to the team (which shouldn't have happened so abruptly to begin with), and I think Teryl Rothery (from what I've heard) is pretty much done with Stargate... :(

Oh well... I'll take what I can get. :P

tara3583
November 20th, 2004, 11:23 PM
With Janet gone the infirmery feels cold and
inhuman, imho just goes to show what an impact
TR had on the show and really how bad her character has been treated.
I wish there could have been some mention of her from Sam at least as Janet was her best
friend, even if it's along the lines of Sam saying to the rest of sg1 that she misses her
and that she does'nt talk about her alot because it still hurts.
I know from personal experence that some people
talk about a loss while others don't.
As for the writing of Janet loss overall not bad but wished we still had her on the show:(

Kanten
November 20th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Yes, the infirmary (whenever we do see it) does feel quite empty with Janet gone. I was hoping they would be able to fill the gap but that doesn't seem to be quite a priority right now, maybe Season 9. Personally I think they should bring the doctor from Avatar back at some point, I could stand to see him more often. But still yet I don't think anybody will be ever to do what TR did for the show in the last seven years. :(

Vicki
November 21st, 2004, 06:52 AM
I agree. Realistically speaking, I know they will never bring either back. It's been too long for them to reintroduce Jonas to the team (which shouldn't have happened so abruptly to begin with), and I think Teryl Rothery (from what I've heard) is pretty much done with Stargate... :(

Oh well... I'll take what I can get. :P

Actually, if Teryl was ever offered the chance to reappear on Stargate or guest in Atlantis (either as Janet, or as Janet's "evil cousin"), she'd jump at the chance.

I would love to see her back, although I'm really not hopeful. I think it was a bad plan of the writers/producers and echo Teryl's sentiments of why couldn't it be Hammond!

Ancients Rising
November 21st, 2004, 07:13 AM
I still can't forgive the writers for killing Janet :(

Wass
November 21st, 2004, 07:44 AM
Well they won't vring her back no matter what we say.

keshou
November 21st, 2004, 08:00 AM
I went back and read David's October 6th post again....

No Rothery or Nemec for Moebius (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=147188&postcount=1)
"I just got off the phone with both Teryl Rothery (Fraiser) and Corin Nemec's (Jonas) agents who both declare that the actors were not involved in the show's finale. Brigitte Prochaska, one of the coordinators for Stargate Productions, told me shooting will be wrapping up in just a few days. "

I was hoping perhaps Teryl's agent just confirmed that "Janet" wasn't in the show's finale. That maybe there was enough wiggle room to believe that Teryl might be making a cameo playing another character.

Still, David's post makes it pretty clear that Teryl wasn't involved in any way.

:( :(