This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobieus and Janet

(BIG SPOILERS in this thread for Season Seven's "Heroes, Part 2" ...)

I know that there is a lot of speculation over the season finale. we know it involves time travel and alternate realities/timelines, we also know that Kawalsky, Hammond, Ra and now Apophis are going to be in it, but does anyone else wonder if Janet Frasier could make a reappearance.

I know I think it would be great if she came back, she was a pivotal part of the SGC for a long time and I miss her being on the show. I think it would make sense to have her there, and would certainly give a sadder tone to SG-1 as they think about everything they've lost over the years.

Any thoughts?
    Is there anyone else you think should be in the finale?
    Last edited by Darren; 22 November 2004, 11:51 AM.

I think if she was apearing in season final we would have found out about it by now. I would like sha're to apear in the season final
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

It was confirmed several months back that TR would NOT be appearing in Moebius. Sorry

Comment

JD -
        I'm with you on this one - I'd absolutely love to see her back!
        I wish there was some way that what MF said was a rumor, but alas, I fear that it is not. BUT - there's always season 9 now!
        And as for other characters I'd like to see again - since it's a time travel/AU thing - maybe Martouf? I miss JR too!

BTW - absolutely LOVE your screen name! can't believe it never crossed my mind...

Comment

*grumbles* 'Course... two great characters (Jonas and Janet) aren't coming back. Like ever.
          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

TPTB can always change their minds about Janet, and I'm sure they can change TR's mind if she doesn't wanna come back

Besides, maybe they lied? Maybe they do plan on bringing her back they just want it to be a HUGE surprise? Like for The Empire Strikes Back, the cast didn't know that Vader was Luke's dad, they only told Mark Hamill when they were shooting the "I am your father" scene and no one else. The actor playing Vader on the set actually said "Obi Wan killed your father" which would also have been interesting, all things considered. They all found out and *gasped* on the premiere

Hopefully, it's what TPTB have in mind and if not, if any of them is reading this *hinthint*
            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

It was confirmed through her agent, so it's almost certain that she will not be in Moebius. She did not want to leave the show, it was not her choice, it was a writing decision.

I doubt they will bring her back because part of the point of killing her was to bring the reality of death to the screen. I hate that they decided they needed to make that point though. I took no pleasure or enjoyment in either of the Heroes episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by jennsatt
                JD -
                I'm with you on this one - I'd absolutely love to see her back!
                I wish there was some way that what MF said was a rumor, but alas, I fear that it is not. BUT - there's always season 9 now!
                And as for other characters I'd like to see again - since it's a time travel/AU thing - maybe Martouf? I miss JR too!

BTW - absolutely LOVE your screen name! can't believe it never crossed my mind...
                Thanks! I love it too. Had to be it!
                I know it was said she wouldn't be in the finale, I just like to keep hope alive, but as you said, there may be a chance in season 9, esp if RDA's schedule gets cut even more, they may bring back more old characters to compensate and I'm sure they could find a way to do this without diminishing the impact of her death (which definitely wouldn't be compromised if they were using an alternate time line or reality story.)

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  It was confirmed through her agent, so it's almost certain that she will not be in Moebius. She did not want to leave the show, it was not her choice, it was a writing decision.

I doubt they will bring her back because part of the point of killing her was to bring the reality of death to the screen. I hate that they decided they needed to make that point though. I took no pleasure or enjoyment in either of the Heroes episodes.

The point was to show the death of war and battle, they got that point across.

Killing Janus off was dumb, I loved her, they should have just killed Hammond off.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                    The point was to show the death of war and battle, they got that point across.

Killing Janet off was dumb, I loved her, they should have just killed Hammond off.
                    I'm not going to disagree with you there. I rather think killing her was short seighted.

Comment

Oh that sucks. I wanna se Janet back! She rocked!

It was short sighted! I dont see the point. I know to show that in war people die and all but I still dont see it. Bad writing decision.
                      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        I'm not going to disagree with you there. I rather think killing her was short seighted.

If I remember correctly there was a lot of disagreements between the writers about killing Janet off.
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Maybe we can look forward to some Season Nine action from Janet and Jonas?!?! (Crosses fingers like mad)

Anything... I'll take ANYTHING with either of them in it, before the series takes a final bow. Those characters were very important to the show and the fandom, and I think they would all be remiss in disregarding that.

Comment

I really doubt that Jonas will ever be back as it has been pointed out to me on numorous occations that Jonas is basicly being wiped from the shows memory..... now as for Janet I would love to see her back I think it was a poor writing to decision to kill her... where is the Ancients healing device or a Darn Sarc. when you need one!

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianKentel
                              I really doubt that Jonas will ever be back as it has been pointed out to me on numorous occations that Jonas is basicly being wiped from the shows memory..... now as for Janet I would love to see her back I think it was a poor writing to decision to kill her... where is the Ancients healing device or a Darn Sarc. when you need one!

I agree. Realistically speaking, I know they will never bring either back. It's been too long for them to reintroduce Jonas to the team (which shouldn't have happened so abruptly to begin with), and I think Teryl Rothery (from what I've heard) is pretty much done with Stargate...

Oh well... I'll take what I can get.

Comment

Working...
                              X