This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis and repository of knowledge

Just wondering whether atlantis contains all the information that a ancient repository of knowledge does?

Originally posted by rogue12 View Post
    Just wondering whether atlantis contains all the information that a ancient repository of knowledge does?
    Possibly, becasue from what Weir and McKay were talking about in The Siege, Part One. They could only take 10% of all the information within the Ancient database back with them on all of their computers. Seems to me like thats a lot of information.

Comment

Well can't say that with 100% certainty. There have been no time frame set as to when the 2 known repositories were made.
      Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
      End of line.

Comment

Im going to go out on a limb here and say "I dont think so"

By the designe of the repositories they dont match the Atlantian architechture of the "Atlantis" periode, also the ones we have seen match the designe of Merlins, who we know created his after he had left Atlantis.

As Morgen said, when they arrived back in the Milky Way seening there was no chance of re-building there race they decided to leave thoes devices there, so one day when a race evolved to rival there's, there legacy and knowledge would be carried on!

maybe LOL
        A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by razzel_daxxel View Post

By the designe of the repositories they dont match the Atlantian architechture of the "Atlantis" periode, also the ones we have seen match the designe of Merlins, who we know created his after he had left Atlantis.

As Morgen said, when they arrived back in the Milky Way seening there was no chance of re-building there race they decided to leave thoes devices there, so one day when a race evolved to rival there's, there legacy and knowledge would be carried on!

maybe LOL
          yeh that makes sense... i would agree with you.
          The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

maybe LOL

I do think that would make sense.
            There has however been two periods of time in Ancient history they've had a need for such devices, the first such time was when they were suffering from the Plague and used the Dakara Genesis device.
            I would say that the first Repository to be built could be the one featured in The Fifth Race as O'Neill didn't exhibit any extraordinary mental abilities besides the use of the Ancient knowledge.

The second Repository to be built could have been the one featured in The Lost City part 1 as after the knowledge had settled within his mind during SG1's journey back to Earth O'Neill was able to heal Bray'Tak through using his mind and concentration, while this may not be definitive proof I think it at least goes to show some evidence that there may be a slight differences between the two devices.
            I'd gather that the later Repository was built upon the Ancient's return to the Milky Way, as this was at least 5 million years later in their history it would explain why extra knowledge of say the mind could've been added.

Comment

@ Rise Of The Phoenix

I think you could be onto somthing there lol, we know from "Tao of Roden" that whilst in the peg galaxy the Ancients played around with genetic manipulation, so it would stand to reason that the reporitory would be "Upgraded" to include the effects of that research.

If not created... when the Ancients got back, then at least up-dated becuase the sencond time Jack used the device he found the Ancients ARG...... having not created the Asurans till after they where in the Peg galaxy, also the Ancients that inhabated the Milky Way left a few bits and peices laying about and theres no evidence that they played around with Nano tech till they created the Asurans.

sigpic

Comment

@ Rise Of The Phoenix

I think you could be onto somthing there lol, we know from "Tao of Roden" that whilst in the peg galaxy the Ancients played around with genetic manipulation, so it would stand to reason that the reporitory would be "Upgraded" to include the effects of that research.
                I think that would make sense.

If not created... when the Ancients got back, then at least up-dated becuase the sencond time Jack used the device he found the Ancients ARG...... having not created the Asurans till after they where in the Peg galaxy, also the Ancients that inhabated the Milky Way left a few bits and peices laying about and theres no evidence that they played around with Nano tech till they created the Asurans.
                I'm not sure that you can say the the first didn't contain information that could have helped the Asgard against the Replicators as in The Fifth Race (SG1 season 2) O'Neill was not aware that the Replicators even existed as a threat to the Asgard.
                We weren't really made aware of the Replicators existence until Nemesis (SG1 season 3 finally) well I guess we found out that the Asgard had some highly advanced enemy that was even more powerful than the Goauld in Fair Game but that was still after The Fifth Race.

Comment

I have a quick question relating to the thread, was the Repository of Knowledge deposited before during or after the Alliance of the 4 Races, and was that alliance forged before leaving to or after returning from PG?
                  Last edited by ASAKATA; 05 November 2008, 09:41 AM. Reason: The question was incomplete
                  "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
                  "Yes, I was there."
                  "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
                  "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
                  "No I was chus wondring"
                  "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

Comment

Originally posted by ASAKATA View Post
                    I have a quick question relating to the thread, was the Repository of Knowledge deposited before during or after the Alliance of the 4 Races, and was that alliance forged before leaving to or after returning from PG?
                    Regarding the repositories, as I've written above I think it's highly likely that one was created prior to the Ancients leaving for the Pegasus galaxy galaxy and one was created shortly after their return to the Milky Way.

As far as the Alliance goes I think it was created either towards the end of the Ancients stay in Pegasus (perhaps a group of Ancients survived in the Milky Way after the genesis device was activated) or the Lantian's return to the Milky Way.
                    There's no definitive proof when the Alliance was actually formed but those would be my guesses.

Comment

@ ASAKATA LOL.......

It is as "Rise Of The Phoenix", to do with any question concerning timelines and the Great 4, no one really knows dates lol, its a very hotly contested topic as to when the Alliance took place!

All we can do is give you out personal opionions as no one has any excact dates lol!!

sigpic

Comment

Very true razzel daxxel I have said on various other threads that I wished TPTB would make a complete Ancients story covering the time all of their history, either that or they make a cannon encyclopedia as unless it's truly defined we'll never know the final answer.

ASAKATA created his own thread asking people if they'd like to see a CGI Stargate series and I said the Ancients story could be a good way to test if it could be made into something that could fill in the gaps in the stories that haven't been completely covered.

It may not be all that important to some fans but question like the ones raised here and many others in my opinion need to be answered by TPTB.

Does anyone know if this question has been asked on Joe Malozzi's blog or to Brad Wright in any interviews he's done?

Comment

I have spent a long time shifting through the bloggs and interveiws and as far as I can tell no one has anked that question!

To be honist as much as i hate to admit it, i dont think TPTB will ever answere that question, becuase regardless of how they answere it there will always be the other 50% of poeople who thought the opposite and becuase there are such compelling arguments from both side, it would ultimatly never be seen as "cannon" LOL.............

The prob is, the writters mentioned it in such a "light harted" manner that no real facts where even concived of it, then other event where wrote in that contradicted one veiw of when the alliance was supposed to have taken place............

I dont think the question will ever been 100% laid to rest!

sigpic

Comment

I have spent a long time shifting through the bloggs and interveiws and as far as I can tell no one has anked that question!

To be honist as much as i hate to admit it, i dont think TPTB will ever answere that question, becuase regardless of how they answere it there will always be the other 50% of poeople who thought the opposite and becuase there are such compelling arguments from both side, it would ultimatly never be seen as "cannon" LOL.............

The prob is, the writters mentioned it in such a "light harted" manner that no real facts where even concived of it, then other event where wrote in that contradicted one veiw of when the alliance was supposed to have taken place............

I dont think the question will ever been 100% laid to rest!
                            I wonder if enough people were to write to MGM and request it to be made if they'd do it.
                            Power to the people and all that good stuff.

TPTB must have asked these questions themselves when coming up with the Alliance of Great Races, I mean it's just too big a part of the story to ignore.
                            They surely don't want fans to keep pointing out things like plot holes and continuity problems.

I know with issues such as when Drones were made, this was a topic in it's own thread and the moment that it was mentioned by someone that Joe Malozzi said in his blog that they were invented before the Ancients left for Pegasus and proof was given, the matter was laid to rest as it had been resolved.
                            The problem I guess with something as big and important to us fans (I myself see it as the single most important story that TPTB could tell in it's entirety) as the full Ancient's history, is that if it was just commented on in a few short paragraphs by Brad or Joe it just wouldn't feel too me that they cared all that much about it.

Mainly this is coz I just wanna see it given the justice it truly deserves.
                            I keep imagining (which drives me a little crazy ) just how everything happened during the Ancient's lifetime.

If the Ancient's story was made into a mini-series or long enough movie, by Brad Wright and the guys at MGM then that would surely make it cannon.
                            Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 05 November 2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

It would seem that the Alliance had to have been formed before the Ancients left this galaxy, because the Goauld don't mention the Alliance as a threat to them at all(I think), and they emerged around 22,000 BCE. I would also deduce that the Ancients wanted the second evolution of humanity to discover the Repository of Knowledge when they were advanced enough to find it, leaving the repository before they Ascended. This is my thinking. As Rise Of The Pheonix said, I thought some of the Teasers and Plot holes could be expressed on a CG show or miniseries, I think fans would love it.
                              "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
                              "Yes, I was there."
                              "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
                              "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
                              "No I was chus wondring"
                              "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

Comment

Working...
                              X