PDA

View Full Version : how many more movies???

doctor man
November 3rd, 2008, 12:27 PM
i kno its been said that there is anuva sg1 movie planned an an atlantis movie planned does ne 1 kno if there will be ne more after these 1s????

sinfuldraconis
November 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
If these do well, they have always said they wanted to do 3 movies a year split between the two series. But it all depends on ratings/sales.

Flyboy
November 4th, 2008, 08:48 AM
i kno its been said that there is anuva sg1 movie planned an an atlantis movie planned does ne 1 kno if there will be ne more after these 1s????
I'm sorry... I only speak English. Could you possible try and translate that from txt talk? Thanks.

Daniel Jackson
November 4th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Doctor man, there is going to be a third SG-1 movie and one Atlantis movie in 2009. Will there be more? It will depend on how well the DVD's sale. :cameron: :sheppard:

Flying Officer Bennett, don't be a jerk. :rolleyes:

Ikaros
November 4th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I'm sorry... I only speak English. Could you possible try and translate that from txt talk? Thanks.

So you speak a language that is partially Greek, by 50%, and Latin by 40%, with some German and some Celt ellements.

Flyboy
November 4th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Doctor man, there is going to be a third SG-1 movie and one Atlantis movie in 2009. Will there be more? It will depend on how well the DVD's sale. :cameron: :sheppard:

Flying Officer Bennett, don't be a jerk. :rolleyes:
Don't pretend you weren't thinking the same thing Jackson.

There's no excuse for butchering the English language in such a manner.

the fifth man
November 4th, 2008, 08:01 PM
If these next movies do well, which I believe they will, we'll get more movies. IMO, there are still a lot of stories left to tell, for both SG-1 and Atlantis.

McgillionFan
November 5th, 2008, 01:38 AM
There's going to be another SG-1 movie ?!? Awsome.

I don't know how many movies there's going to be but i hope they're good and there's alot of them.I really hope there's going to be a few Atlantis movies. I agree with
the fifth man that there's alot of stories to be told.

Ikaros
November 5th, 2008, 06:25 AM
If these next movies do well, which I believe they will, we'll get more movies. IMO, there are still a lot of stories left to tell, for both SG-1 and Atlantis.

Lets hope they didn't cancel the show for nothing, since they said that they wanted to make Atlantis a movie now that it's still at it's peak.
Judging from this years rattings,the movie would do great.I certainly hope that they'll make more.

Daniel Jackson
November 5th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Don't pretend you weren't thinking the same thing Jackson.
Oh, so now you can read my mind? :rolleyes:

There's no excuse for butchering the English language in such a manner.
Sure there is, it's called Freedom of Speech. :)

Back on Topic: Regardless of reasons given, I think Atlantis was cancelled to make room for Universe. MGM and SciFi were pushing for a third series, but the producers didn't want to produce two shows at once again. Atlantis gets cancelled while it's still a big success, then Universe gets greenlit. Hmm... Gee, I wonder? All this talk of making movies while Atlantis is a success is just public relations talk so the audience doesn't throw tomatoes over replacing Atlantis with Universe.

2009 ought to bring one SG-1 movie and one Atlantis movie. I wonder which one we'll see first?

Flyboy
November 5th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Oh, so now you can read my mind? :rolleyes:

Sure there is, it's called Freedom of Speech. :)

Back on Topic: Regardless of reasons given, I think Atlantis was cancelled to make room for Universe. MGM and SciFi were pushing for a third series, but the producers didn't want to produce two shows at once again. Atlantis gets cancelled while it's still a big success, then Universe gets greenlit. Hmm... Gee, I wonder? All this talk of making movies while Atlantis is a success is just public relations talk so the audience doesn't throw tomatoes over replacing Atlantis with Universe.

2009 ought to bring one SG-1 movie and one Atlantis movie. I wonder which one we'll see first?
Oh come ON!

To enjoy freedom of speech, you have to actually be able to communicate. "Txt" talk is just pure laziness, and failing that, ignorance. Freedom of speech is about what you want to talk about, not linguistic standards. Try writing a letter in that form to your local politician, or military unit. See if you get taken seriously.

TameFarrar
November 5th, 2008, 11:39 AM
And were walking...........:) We do have a Topic lets stick to it.

Thank You
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

Flyboy
November 5th, 2008, 11:41 AM
And were walking...........:) We do have a Topic lets stick to it.

Thank You
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator
I was all set to argue with you. Then I saw your back up with the shades and the black t shirt and I thought better of it. ;):P

Yes ma'am.

Ripple in Space
November 5th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I like both of you DJ & FOB. I was under the impression that Gateworld etiquette held people to refraining from using "txt speak." If it is not a written rule, it is certainly an unwritten one, since I almost never see it used on here.

But maybe FOB should have PM'd him instead of calling him out in public...

jacky
November 13th, 2008, 10:07 PM
in my opinion,there are 3 movies come over between these two series.

ha'tak_
November 22nd, 2008, 08:28 AM

well i think it will just be thous two

sg-1 and atlantis but you never know if they will do one whit Sgu

jenks
November 22nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
As long as they're making money they'll keep making them, and I don't see them bombing any time soon.

Devia243
November 23rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Wow, there will be another SG-1 movie, awesome

I will be waiting for it.

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
November 24th, 2008, 07:22 AM
So you speak a language that is partially Greek, by 50%, and Latin by 40%, with some German and some Celt ellements.

err it's 5% Greek
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language#Word_origins

Jesus, how does a thread about how many more movies they'll be turn into a linguistics debate?

Anyway, it's my understanding that they want to do a SG1 film and an Atlantis film every year. However it'll depend on sales and actor availability.

Ikaros
November 25th, 2008, 03:34 AM
err it's 5% Greek
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language#Word_origins

Jesus, how does a thread about how many more movies they'll be turn into a linguistics debate?

Anyway, it's my understanding that they want to do a SG1 film and an Atlantis film every year. However it'll depend on sales and actor availability.

First, wiki is wrong, not the first time either. Actually is more than 50% , since Latin and French is Greek originated to. But i wont get into this now.
Second, since people insist on commenting on other people's language, while they know that not all people in here are English.

jenks
November 25th, 2008, 10:10 AM
First, wiki is wrong, not the first time either. Actually is more than 50% , since Latin and French is Greek originated to. But i wont get into this now.
Second, since people insist on commenting on other people's language, while they know that not all people in here are English.

Wiki is right, and is more often than not.

Jaffa-master
November 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM
One each year...

Amaunet
November 26th, 2008, 02:39 AM

Its kind of a shame, considering we were promised a few movies a year...but the circumstances have changed and I'm happy enough to take what we can get..

the fifth man
November 29th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Its kind of a shame, considering we were promised a few movies a year...but the circumstances have changed and I'm happy enough to take what we can get..

Yeah, I would like more than one movie a year too. But I realize that the possibilities of that actually happening are slim. People have moved on to a certain extent. Getting them together once a year is much easier to do than multiple times, especially when many of them are involved in other projects.

One a year is better than none though. I just hope they can keep this going for some time to come. IMO, there are still a lot of stories left to tell, both for SG-1 and Atlantis.