This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humans throughout the galaxy.

Im not sure if this has been touched upon in its own thread so here i go.

I know everyone is after new aliens etc, but i think that there will be loads of humans out there aswell. I say this because i think the first ship that plants the stargates, will also seed the planet with human building blocks, like the dakara weapon. I think thats how they will get around having humans everywhere!

I still hope there will be a TON of aliens though!

thoughts, feelings, fears?

EDIT. title was supposed to say universe, not galaxy!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
    Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
    SG1 -

there used to be all kinds of non-humanoid races in the milky way galaxy, but at the time of the great plague all of them were wiped out. only the most advanced ones (like the ancients) survived. the galaxy was now empty of life so the ancients used the Dakara device to recreate life in the galaxy and seed human life on all the planets that could support them.

in the Pegasus galaxy there used to be many alien species, but most planets were without intelligent life so the ancients again seeded the entire galaxy with human life (accidently creating the Wraith in the process). the Wraith exterminated every intelligent race in the pegasus galaxy except for the humans (who they need for food) the other races which were a threat were all destroyed and are now either extinct or hiding.

with any luck the new series will show us many new kinds of aliens, and not just humanoid ones

Comment

Where are you getting your info.
      Im sure pegasus was refered to as baron and without life. and what proof is there about other species in the MW dying out in the plauge. there are other aliens such as the weird aliens in the lucian alliance. But again nothing has ever been said about ancient alien races.

Atlantis -
      SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
        Where are you getting your info.
        Im sure pegasus was refered to as baron and without life. and what proof is there about other species in the MW dying out in the plauge. there are other aliens such as the weird aliens in the lucian alliance. But again nothing has ever been said about ancient alien races.
        There seem to be a lot of contradictions (aka plotholes) as to the effects the plague had on life in the galaxy. One thing we do know, however, is that Earth's 4 billion years of evolution survived it.
        My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Anubis said the ancients recreated all life in the galaxy after the great plague wiped everything out. that was millions of years ago.
          all the aliens we saw probably developed after that. (all the humanoid aliens including the ones you mentioned probably developed after the plague and as a result of the ancients recreating life. on most planets humans developed but on a few there was some distortion creating wierd looking humanoid races)

remember that episode about the ship that was programmed to recreate a non-humanoid species? that's one example of an advanced non-humanoid species that once existed before the plague

Comment

What was the origin behind the serrocan/hybridians?
            Was there even one?
            They were already very advanced several thousand years ago.

Comment

presumably the dakara device restored each planet in the galaxy to its precise condition before the plague. so we would have no way of knowing if the the evolution of all life on earth was halted and then restored artificially.
              this all happened a few million years ago (before humans existed on earth) so what happened on Earth is the same thing that happened on many other earth like planets; the appearance of humans.
              so humans are not unique to earth at all. but many earth like planets did not have humans until the goauld took them from earth and resettled them on other planets.

on some planets the 'seeds' of human DNA created these wierd looking humanoid races. remember that even carter said the chances of such a species developing on another planet is astronomical, so they must have been created as a byproduct of the ancients experiments (just like the wraith in the pegasus galaxy).

the real question is where the asgard and nox came from since they are also humanoid (asgard used to look a lot like humans). they are probably an offshoot of the very first ancient civilization.

Comment

I don't think the Ancients recreated the other alien races. There is no reason to assume that the plague effected non-humans. Also the universe is a big place, it is not at all unlikely that other intelligent species evolved without Ancient intervention.
                sigpic

Comment

There is no reason to assume the Nox and Asgard are related to the recreation of life by the Ancients. They all formed an alliance, but if they were created by the Ancients, the alliance would be a by-product and wouldn't have "formed". The Asgard obviously evolved independent of the Ancients: "The Ancients moved from our region of space long ago." The Nox is more difficult to say but judging from their abilities to regenerate and resurrect the dead, they probably would have survived the plague, meaning they are most likely native to the Milky Way galaxy.

Comment

this discussion is good and all but its not really what i was talking about, and that was that i bet there are humans everywhere because the ship that seeded the stargates also will have seeded human life/dna etc all those thousands of years ago. sure i think there will still be aliens mind!

Atlantis -
                    SG1 -

Comment

I am sure we will see a fair share of human and alien worlds in SGU.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We know as fact there are humans in all the galaxies ancients have been in. Ori, MW, Pegasus. Therefore it makes sense that the galaxies between here and the Ori have humans in them, and none of the galaxies AFTER us have any. If the are 1000 galaxies between us and the ori i would imagine there are 1000 galaxies with humans. Added to this is the percentage of those galaxies where the humans spread beyond their own galaxy. For example the asgard are in
                        Spoiler:
                        3 galaxies

Its probably not an accurate number but, given the point of origin and distance, and the number of galaxies we could guess how many human galaxies there are. If these numbers are anywhere close thered be 3000. But this is NOTHING compared to the billions without humans in them.

Another point is how long after seeding would humans even still quallify as human. The Asgard are only
                        Spoiler:
                        100,000 years old
                        and they barely quallify as humans, more like humanoids.

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
                          i bet there are humans everywhere because the ship that seeded the stargates also will have seeded human life/dna etc all those thousands of years ago. sure i think there will still be aliens mind!
                          I really, really hope there aren't humans everywhere. If there are it would just show how irresponsible the Ancients were to seed planets without checking to see what was on them first. It would also show a lack of imagination on the part of TPTB.
                          sigpic

Comment

why do you ppl think that the ship that seeded stargates in other galaxies also made some babies? it wasn't mentioned anywhere. and it will S%#K if that will be the case
                            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

The Nox seem near enough ascended, maybe they came from another galaxy. would love too see them again and heres hoping there might be some Furlings alive somewhere the Asgard poped up again.

i doubt theres any more Wraith or Goa'uld out there but maybe some living Ancients or more people like that aquatic blue dude from season 1 of sg1
                              I'm jelous of people who dont need drugs to be happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X